LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

All My Mother's Rules (Ch. 70 & Epilogue - 2/13/24)

1 hour ago, MinnesotaWriter said:

“Jump in. The water is heated,” Samantha said.

...she began to walk backwards from that spot where she must have noticed the unusual warmth.

This seems a little contradictory to me.  I mean, a pint of 100-degree pee isn't going to move the temperature dial much in a cold pool, never mind one that's probably heated to close to 100 degrees anyway. 

38 minutes ago, WBDaddy said:

This seems a little contradictory to me.  I mean, a pint of 100-degree pee isn't going to move the temperature dial much in a cold pool, never mind one that's probably heated to close to 100 degrees anyway. 

That is a good observation. I can't... um... confess to ever having peed in a pool so I can't say with certainty how noticeable that is, so I kind of winged that part. To be fair, our protagonist did note that the water wasn't as warm as she expected it to be. 

30 minutes ago, MinnesotaWriter said:

That is a good observation. I can't... um... confess to ever having peed in a pool so I can't say with certainty how noticeable that is, so I kind of winged that part. To be fair, our protagonist did note that the water wasn't as warm as she expected it to be. 

Well... I have peed in sea water roughly the temperature of 20°C or 70°F... Couple of times... For research of course. It created a warm spot which faded fairly quickly. If someone had swum through that mere seconds after, I would say it could have been possible for them to notice the warmth. I say possible event but unlikely. At least you didn't go with the good old urine dye myth.

3 hours ago, MinnesotaWriter said:

I’d been to Samantha’s house before, but this time just felt so different. The fact that I was really able to stay here all night hadn’t sunk in yet.

I found this feeling oddly relatable. It could be how I didn't have my first sleepover until I was well into my teens. Before anyone assumes the reason was bedwetting given the context, it was only my somewhat overprotective parents.

Samantha is a cruel bitch and it doesn't seem like Sarah's friends would be of much help. If they find out about her current troubles, which leaves only one other person whom Sarah can turn to or confide in once she finds them.

Wow, that is a rather nasty friend to have. Just the kind you don't want to reveal any vulnerabilities to. Can safely say that she is a toxic individual. Really good chapter, I really enjoy how well and how organically this is progressing. Thank-you.   

Chapter 14: Sleepover Part 2 - Double Dare

Desi and I walked up the stairs in silence behind Samantha. I still couldn’t believe what she’d just done. To leave Tommy downstairs without anything to wear over the pull-up? I felt guilty about not speaking up to stop her in the middle of it, like I was just as complicit in how Samantha had humiliated her younger brother.

“Are you really going to leave Tommy down there without his shorts?” I asked finally when we got to the top of the stairs.

Samantha paused and looked down at the basketball shorts she was still holding in her hand, but she didn’t immediately respond to my question.

“Look, it was funny and all, but you probably went too far this time,” Desi added.

I was relieved that Desi agreed with me and was standing up for Tommy as well.

“Fine. I’ll give him his pants back. I’m sure the brat has learned his lesson by now,” Samantha said, heading back down the stairs.

“What’s her deal with Tommy?” I asked Desi in a hushed tone as soon as Samantha was out of earshot.

I knew that the two siblings had never gotten along all that well, but I’d never gotten any hint that the situation was this acrimonious.

“Well, it was true that Tommy had been a bit of a brat lately, always trying to get Samantha in trouble.”

“But to blackmail him?”

“I know. Maybe we could talk to her later about deleting the video.”

Samantha arrived back upstairs, and the game resumed where it had left off. Since I had done a dare, I could in turn choose the next dare that one of my friends did. That gave me an idea. Samantha’s behavior had increased the urgency that I not have a noticeable accident in front of her, but with how they had been pressuring me to drink soda I could no longer be sure that I could avoid a bedwetting incident if I fell asleep. I hadn’t brought any pull-ups with me. However, I could take one of Tommy’s, but I’d need to know where his pull-ups were kept.

We returned to Samantha’s room to resume the game of Truth or Dare. It was Samantha’s turn, and with myself having just done a dare there wasn’t much choice as to what option she had to choose.

“A dare,” Samantha said, after I asked her what her choice would be.

“I’d got one. I’d got one,” I said, before Desi could get a word in.

This was my chance. I wasn’t going to pass it up. I had something I needed to find out, and I could get some justice for Tommy along the way.

“I dare you to wear one of Tommy’s pull-ups...”

The look on Samantha’s face as I paused was worth it. Shock and then a little bit of embarrassment as she soaked in what I was asking.

“... on your head,” I finished.

I think she would have refused if I had dared her to put on the pull-ups like you would wear panties, but a silly request – wearing them on her head -- was too reasonable of a dare to be refused.

Desi burst out laughing.

“Damn girl. You know what you’re doing. You sure you haven’t played before?”

I chuckled. Even Samantha had to show a small grin on her face. She knew she’d been played.

“Well?” I said.

“Of course, I will do it,” Samantha said in a huff.

Samantha led us into the bedroom next to hers. This was what I needed to see. Samantha flipped the light switch on and then slid open the door to one of the closets in Tommy’s room. Sitting on a shelf in plain view was a large box that I instantly recognized. It was the boy version of the pull-ups I had once worn as a bedwetter myself. The size said it was extra-large, and fit kids from 65 to 125 pounds. I wouldn’t have any trouble wearing them. Samantha grabbed a pull-up out of the box and slid it on over her head so that her ears stuck out of the leg openings. She spun around in a silly dance before taking the pull-up off and tossing it on the floor.

I now knew everything I needed to know. I just had to wait until everyone was asleep and then I could slip into Tommy’s room and get myself a pull-up to wear after all.

Desi was last to receive a dare. After what Samantha and I had done it was hard to know what could be chosen to top it. Samantha had a glimmer in her eye. I didn’t think she had liked how Desi had laughed at my pull-up dare.

“I get to call this dare, but I need a minute to think about it,” Samantha said.

Samantha let the full minute pass by in suspense while Desi awaited her fate. Given that each of the last two dares had involved Tommy’s pull-ups, I suspected that was the direction she was planning on going, but if Samantha had already made a decision, she didn’t give a hint of it. At last, a big grin spread across her face.

“Oh, get it over with Samantha,” Desi said.

Samantha just laughed and then stood up with a flourish to make a show of announcing the dare.

“Desi, I dare you to wear one of Tommy’s pull-ups and pee in it.”

Desi sat speechless on her blanket. Her silence was astonishing in and of itself. Samantha looked way too pleased with herself. I just sat on the floor with my mouth gaping open. Really?

“Damn, I do know how to play this game,” Samantha said mockingly, before running out of the room, presumably to get one of Tommy’s pull-ups.

“Samantha’s not serious, is she?” I said, turning to Desi with a look of bewilderment on my face.

“Nah,” Desi replied. “She’s just being dramatic to scare me. There’s no way she’d have me piss in a pull-up.”

Samantha arrived back in the room breathless, a smile on her face and a blue pull-up clutched tightly in her hand. Samantha tossed the pull-up onto Desi’s lap. Desi dropped it as if she were playing a game of hot potato.

“There,” Samantha announced with an air of finality.

“I’m not doing it,” Desi said, crossing her arms.

That wiped the smile off of Samantha’s face.

“Yes, you were. That’s the rule of the game. You asked for a dare and I gave you one. Now you have to do it.”

Samantha and Desi both stared at each other. Neither one seemed like they wanted to budge off their demands.

“Fine,” Desi said at last, grabbing the pull-up off the floor and marching off to the bathroom to put it on.

She returned a minute later, wearing just her hoodie and the pull-up. Desi’s slim figure was similar to mine, and the pull-up clearly was the right size for her. The pull-up was also clearly still dry, which meant Desi hadn’t yet fulfilled her end of the dare. The design was different from the one Tommy was wearing, as the space-themed pull-up was covered with planets and stars.

I glanced back and forth between my two friends. Desi was again glaring at Samantha, clearly unhappy at being pressured into this ridiculous dare. I thought Samantha might be taken aback at her friend’s unhappiness, but instead, she had a bit of a smug, satisfied look on her face as she glanced down at the pull-up Desi was wearing.

Desi pulled up her sweatpants until the pull-up was fully concealed.

“You can’t do that,” Samantha said. “We have to see whether you’ve peed in it. Take your sweats off.”

“Your dare said I had to wear the stupid pull-up and pee in it. I didn’t hear nothing about having to show it off to everybody.”

“But...” Samantha said, starting to object.

“You can’t change the rules of the dare once it is started,” I said in Desi’s defense.

I didn’t want to spend the next couple hours watching Desi walk around in a pull-up. The dare was mean enough without making her do that, and my experiences with pull-ups the past week made it feel even more awkward.

“I don’t need to pee now anyways,” Desi said. “I’ll show you when I’m ready to do that.”

---

We returned to the basement after stopping at the kitchen to get some snacks – Samantha had insisted on getting more soda -- to find Tommy turning off the video game. Like Samantha had said, her brother did have his shorts back on, covering the pull-up he was wearing. I would have had no idea he was wearing them if Samantha hadn’t dared me to pull his shorts down earlier in the evening.

We settled into our spots on the couch and Samantha turned on the movie – Crazy Rich Asians – and handed Desi and I another soda and a large bowl of popcorn. I hated turning things down when they were offered to me, especially when I was a guest at someone else’s house. Plus, there were pull-ups I could nab later to provide some extra security. I cracked open the soda and took a sip. The carbonation didn’t hit me as bad as the soda I’d had during dinner.

I did end up having to ask Samantha to pause the movie three times so I could get up to go to the bathroom. I was heading to the toilet whenever I began to get the slightest urges in my bladder, not taking any chances of risking an accident.

The movie wasn’t my style, but I did have to admit that it had its funny moments. As the closing credits scrawled across the TV, Samantha slid over to where Desi was sitting on the couch and reached her hand toward the top of Desi’s sweats. Desi slapped Samantha’s hand away with a look of annoyance.

“What were you doing?” she asked.

“Chill,” Samantha said. “I just wanted to check and see if you’d used the pull-up.”

“Look, it is dry still. I don’t need to pee.”

I wasn’t too sure of that statement myself, given how much soda we’d all had this evening, but I wasn’t about to call Desi out on it.

“I just can’t do it,” Desi said.

“Can’t do what?” Samantha asked.

“I can’t pee in a stupid pull-up. I just can’t make myself do it.”

Desi wanted out of the dare. I didn’t blame her one bit for it. But a dare was a dare; it had to be completed.

“You should have dared Sarah to pee in the pull-up,” Desi said. “She’s the one who’s had to go to the bathroom so often tonight.”

I blushed and looked down at my feet.

“It’s all the caffeine. Mom never lets me have this much, so I’m not used to it.”

Pull-ups and my bathroom habits were the two last things I wanted to be talking about right now. I tried to change the subject.

“Samantha, you promised I’d get to try out some of your makeup. Let’s do that before we begin the next movie,” I said.

Samantha took the bait with that distraction, and with that we went back upstairs to her room.

---

I barely recognized myself when I looked in the mirror. I had sat still – or at least as still as my anxious bladder would let me – for thirty minutes while Samantha and Desi put a full set of make-up on my face. I let out an audible gasp upon seeing my reflection. It definitely had the effect of making me look older and much more mature. I wished that I could do this at home, but my mom had strictly forbidden make-up until I turned sixteen.

“What do you think?” Samantha asked.

“It looks so amazing!” I said. “Thank-you.”

I excused myself to go to the bathroom for what felt like the umpteenth time this evening as Desi and Samantha proceeded to do each other’s makeup. Just like I had expected, I had now used each of the four bathrooms in Samantha’s house. I’d avoided having an accident, but I was still embarrassed about how often I had to dash away to the bathroom in front of my friends. They hadn’t teased me too much about it, but I was still worried about what they were thinking of me.

Desi and Samantha hadn’t done their own makeup quiet as extravagantly as mine, but they both still looked nice. We posed together for a couple of selfies. I was thankful Mom didn’t follow my friends on social media. I’d have a lot of explaining to do if she saw those pictures.

I had hoped that after getting distracted with another activity that Samantha would forget about the dare she had given to Desi, or maybe even agree to let it slide, but as soon as we had gotten our makeup on she was again pressing Desi about whether she needed to pee. Desi relented at last. She sighed, loosened the drawstring of her sweatpants, and let them fall to the floor.

“Let’s just get this over with,” she said.

Desi’s face changed as she closed her eyes, squeezed her lips together, and gave a small grunt. I really didn’t want to watch this. I was sure my cheeks were burning red from the second-hand embarrassment I was feeling. Nothing changed immediately with the pull-up, it looked as dry as when Desi had first put it on a couple of hours ago. Samantha still stared eagerly at the pull-up, like she was trying to will it to become wet.

After about thirty seconds of waiting, I heard the slightest of hissing sounds, and then a small, yellowish circle appeared at the bottom of the pull-up. In a matter of seconds, that circle expanded rapidly until nearly the entire pull-up was soaked and sagging down from her crotch. It’s one thing to wet a pull-up yourself and an entirely different thing to see someone else do it. I felt disgusted. Is that what that looks like when I have an accident?

Desi opened her eyes and took a deep breath. Her jaw dropped as she looked down at the pull-up to see the result of what she had just done. She twisted and turned in place, unable to find a comfortable way to stand with the wet pull-up sagging between her legs.

“Yuck,” Desi exclaimed. “This is so gross.”

Desi ripped off sides of the pull-up right in front of us without bothering to get any privacy, rolled the used pull-up into a ball, and tossed it right at Samantha, who stepped aside and let the pull-up land with a splat on the floor.

“There. I did the dare. Happy now?”

Samantha blushed slightly. At least she felt a little shame over what she had made her friend do. She picked up the pull-up and went over to Tommy’s room to toss it in the trash could while Desi put her panties and sweats back on.

“That is the most disgusting thing I’d ever done,” Desi said, as Samantha left the room.

“Yeah, that must have been really weird,” I replied, trying hard not to show my familiarity with how wetting a pull-up feels like.

“All I know was Samantha better watch out the next time we play Truth or Dare,” Desi said, raising her voice enough that Samantha likely could hear her from her brother’s room. “I’ve got some ideas.”

---

At 3 a.m. I was finally certain that Samantha and Desi were both sound asleep. I had thought it would never happen. We’d stayed up and watched two more movies before removing our makeup and settling into a trio of sleeping bags in the basement. I could hear Desi snoring, and Samantha had been motionless the past thirty minutes as they lay sound asleep in their sleeping bags. I’d never stayed awake this long before, but the caffeine combined with my frequent urges to pee and my fear of what would happen were I to sleep and wet myself was more than enough to keep me awake till now.

However, with at least another five hours or so to go, I wasn’t sure I could stay awake the entire night. I wasn’t drinking any more caffeine, and the effect of what I had drunk earlier was bound to wear off sooner or later. I thought about my plan to get the pull-up from Tommy’s room. It was risky, but not as risky as accidentally falling asleep and waking up with my sleeping bag all wet.

I arranged my sleeping bag so that in the dark it might look like someone was still curled up inside it. The basement was pitch dark with no windows or lights, so I doubted anyone would be able to notice that I had slipped away. Even so, I crawled toward the stairs as stealthily as I could and walked up to the second floor of the house. Tommy’s door had been left open, with some bluish light coming into the hallway from the nightlight inside the bedroom. I peeked just my head past the door to see that Tommy was completely covered beneath his blankets.

I tip-toed over to the closet and grabbed a pull-up out of the box. I felt really guilty over stealing it. It was one thing to take them from my sister, and an entirely different thing to take them from someone else. But it was technically Samantha’s fault that I needed them, I rationalized. After all, she was the one who had pressured me into drinking so much soda. Just as I was getting ready to walk out of the closet. I heard the faint sound of footsteps in the hallway. Oh great. Had someone heard me, after all? I stepped completely into the closet and pulled the sliding door until it was nearly shut. I had left Tommy’s door mostly shut as a precaution, and now it gave a brief creaking noise as someone pushed it open from the hallway.

I wanted to peek out and see who had walked in, but I didn’t dare do so. From the sound of the footsteps, whoever had entered the room had stopped next to Tommy’s bed. A minute passed in silence. Then two. Then three. At last, I peeked through the gap between the closet door and the wall. With the nightlight to help me peer through the darkness, I could see Samantha kneeling to the side of Tommy’s bed. In one hand, she was holding a shallow, flat dish of water. Her other hand was on Tommy’s wrist, holding his hand into the water.

I may have been a novice to sleepover pranks, but I didn’t need anyone to tell me the purpose of what Samantha was doing. She was attempting to make him wet the bed, or rather - given how her brother was dressed - his pull-ups. Why was she doing this to him? I had never gotten the impression that Samantha disliked her younger brother. In fact, she had been so doting on him when he had been a baby. Seeing how she had cared for him had made me want a younger sibling of my own.

After several more minutes, Samantha placed the dish on the floor. She lifted up a corner of the covers and pulled down Tommy’s pajamas slightly to reveal the pull-up. Samantha must have been satisfied that she’d been successful in getting him to have an accident, because she tugged his pajamas and blanket back in place, picked up the water dish, and left to return to the basement.

I felt much more guilty at what I had seen than I had over the thought of taking one of the pull-ups. I remembered how humiliated I had been with my own bedwetting, and my mom had never made a big deal over it. How much worse would it have been to go through that while having an older sister and her friends torment me about it? I should have confronted her. It was one thing to tease her brother over bedwetting. It was completely different to do that while being the one to cause him to be a bedwetter in the first place. But I couldn’t say anything. There was no good explanation for why I was hiding in Tommy’s closet.

After giving Samantha several minutes to get back to her sleeping bag. I made it down to the first floor bathroom without waking anyone in the house, which gave me my first chance to examine the pull-up, which I wanted to do even though I’d gotten good glimpses of it on both Tommy and Desi. The pull-up was clearly a size bigger than what Emilia wore, though it still wasn’t as thick as the one I had uncovered in the school bathroom stall. While the pattern was the same on both sides, one of them had a small marking on it to indicate it was the back.

As I slid the pull-up up till it reached my waist, it was clear how much better it felt. The sides weren’t nearly as tight as Emilia’s pull-up, but they were still snug, and I didn’t have any concern about them sliding down on their own. I could tell just by the feel between my legs that this pull-up had even more padding than the ones my sister wore.

I’d gotten the boring pattern, rather than the space one, not that it mattered much. Disney characters were much more fun, but I was relieved that I had some protection against potentially being outed as a bedwetter in front of Samantha. I pulled up my pajama bottoms, making certain to tie the drawstrings tight. No one was going to pants me.

I cautiously walked down the stairs. There wasn’t a bathroom in the basement, so I did have an excuse for having gone upstairs if Samantha noticed me, but I’d rather avoid having that conversation. I managed to get back into my sleeping bag seemingly without anyone noticing me, and like before, Samantha appeared to be sound asleep.

I didn’t sleep at all that night. Even though I trusted the pull-up to hold an accident, should I have one in my sleep, I no longer trusted Samantha to not accidentally discover my secret. And, if she were to discover it, I didn’t trust her not to spread the secret to everyone at school or hold it over my head as some unspoken threat. I got up to pee several more times over the course of the night. The need to go was urgent each time, but except for the first overnight trip to the toilet, I didn’t end up peeing much.

---

I pretended to be asleep when I heard Desi at last stop snoring and begin to stir in her sleeping bag. My eyes hurt like hell. I hadn’t managed to get any sleep.

“Good morning,” I said, with an unsuccessful attempt at stifling a large yawn.

Desi yawned right back at me. If she noticed how tired I looked, she didn’t mention it. Samantha stretched out her arms and peeked out of her sleeping bag as well. I pulled out my phone to see that it was just after 9 a.m., I couldn’t believe my friends were up already, having gone to sleep as late as they did.

I don’t know how Samantha’s mom guessed that we were awake, but she yelled from the top of the stairs that it was time to get some breakfast. We ran upstairs in our pajamas, not bothering to change our clothes. As we sat at the kitchen table eating a breakfast of blueberry pancakes, fruit, and orange juice, we didn’t make any mention of last night’s game of Truth or Dare, as if it had never even happened.

Tommy joined us for breakfast at the table. He was still in his pajamas from last night. It may just have been my imagination, but I thought I could see the bulge from the wet pull-up underneath his shorts. I couldn’t believe Samantha was torturing her brother like that. At least Samantha had given no indication that she was aware of my own nighttime excursion.

Tommy’s mom must have noticed the fact that he hadn’t changed out of the wet pull-up as well. While she didn’t say anything directly about it, she shot him a look that had him run upstairs and come down in a new set of clothes.

“Did you sleep at all last night?” Desi asked as I struggled to hold my head up at the table.

“Yeah, but I don’t think it was very restful,” I replied. “I’m not used to sleeping on the floor.”

The rest of the morning passed by in a blur. Desi and Samantha may have gotten more sleep than me, but they were still too tired to do much as well. I was so relieved when I heard Mom’s car pull up in the driveway.

I could barely keep my eyes open as Mom drove me home. I kept drifting off into a state of being half asleep, only to be jolted awake at every bump or turn in the road.

“Didn’t you sleep at all last night?” Mom asked.

“No, I couldn’t fall asleep.”

Mom shook her head.

“Sleepovers were for sleeping,” Mom said, scolding me. “Sleep. It’s part of the name.”

“I know. I know,” I said, releasing a large yawn that I’d been unable to hold in. “I just couldn’t”

Once home, I stumbled into the house in a zombie-like state. I walked past the kitchen and into the living room, set my backpack on the ground and then collapsed onto the couch. I was asleep the moment my body landed on the cushions.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • MinnesotaWriter changed the title to All My Mother's Rules (Ch. 14 --- 5/9/20)

Thanks for the chapter, really odd that she has managed to prevent getting catch wet so far hopefully her bladder issue is discovered and steps are made to figure out the source of the issue (likely from her cheer leading accident).

2 hours ago, Arendeth said:

Thanks for the chapter, really odd that she has managed to prevent getting catch wet so far hopefully her bladder issue is discovered and steps are made to figure out the source of the issue (likely from her cheer leading accident).

Sarah is a pretty resourceful girl I think.

But to somewhat answer your question about timing, we're only about 25-30 percent of the way through the story. There's much more to come.

Chapter 15: Pinkie Promise

My dreams were filled with variations of all my fears from the past few days. I was standing in front of the TV in Samantha’s basement trying to play the same video game Tommy had been playing. I was concentrating so hard on it that I was completely oblivious to my surroundings. I felt a pull on my pants as they got tugged down to the floor.

The pull-up I was wearing was now fully exposed, but it wasn’t one of the blue ones that Tommy had been wearing or my sister’s pull-ups with the Disney characters on them. It wasn’t even one of the plain white ones like I had found in the school bathroom. No, the floral design was that of the pull-ups I had worn as a bedwetter myself when I was Tommy’s age.

I turned around and Samantha and Desi were staring at me.

“Aww, baby has a diaper on,” they said, laughing.

“I’m not a baby,” I shouted back at them.

I reached down to pick up my pants, but they had disappeared. Desi and Samantha just laughed even harder, holding their phones up to videotape me. I tried to cover the pull-up with my hands, but that was pointless.

I turned and ran up the stairs in only a pull-up and t-shirt. As I came to the top of the stairs, the dream shifted, and I was no longer in Samantha’s house but at school. I found myself in a bathroom stall. I had my clothes back at least. My pants and pull-up were draped around my ankles as I kept trying unsuccessfully to pee. The stall door swung open to reveal Claire, who stood looking down at my pull-up.

“Aww, baby has a diaper on,” she said in a mocking, sing-song tone.

I slammed the door to the bathroom stall shut in her face. I closed my eyes. I wanted to be anywhere but in the bathroom stall, with my nemesis waiting outside for me. I was now back in my own house, laying face-down in my bed. I felt a sensation beginning on my hand, like it was in a bowl of warm water. The sensation spread to the rest of my body, and I felt myself begin to relax.

“Sarah. Sarah!” someone yelled at me; the voice came from outside the dream.

I woke up incredibly confused. Where was I? What? I was on the couch? My hand was dry, but my bladder felt like it was on the verge of giving up. I jolted into an upright position, jumped off the couch, and started to run for the bathroom. But it was too late. I began to pee. The flow of urine was too strong to stop. I halted at the edge of the living room and the hallway, unable to run and pee at the same time.

I was still so tired that my mind wasn’t thinking straight. I turned back toward the living room to see Mom staring at me. Oh no! She was watching me pee myself. I looked down at my pants to see there wasn’t a wet spot in sight. Everything from the previous day came back all at once. The sleepover. The game of Truth and Dare. Tommy’s pull-ups. Samantha making him wet the bed. I was still wearing one of Tommy’s pull-ups. I could feel now feel how full it had become. I hope it wasn’t showing beneath my pants.

“It’s about time you’re awake, Sarah,” Mom said tartly, her arms held across her body and a look of disapproval on her face. “What startled you so much?”

“Nothing. Nothing. You woke me in the middle of a bad dream,” I stammered. “I need to go to the bathroom.”

I skipped the bathroom and into my bedroom. Thankfully, Emilia wasn’t in there. I changed myself into a clean pull-up. I wanted to lie in bed and cry. Why? Why was I wetting myself like this? I couldn’t understand how my body had decided to betray me over the past couple of weeks. My heart was still racing from the moment of terror in which I had thought that I’d peed myself in front of Mom. I felt better after taking several deep breaths to steady myself.

I hurried back to the living room, not wanting Mom to notice that I hadn’t gone to the bathroom when I had said I would. A growl from my stomach reminded me that I hadn’t had anything to eat since breakfast.

“I was starving. What’s for lunch?”

“Nothing. We’re having pasta for dinner in thirty minutes.”

“What?”

I couldn’t believe I’d slept that long, but I pulled out my phone to see that it was indeed nearly 6 p.m. already.

“Next time you have a sleepover, you need to sleep, young lady. You were completely out of it from the moment you collapsed on the couch.”

I didn’t want to ruin my chances for another sleepover. I needed to change the subject to something more positive.

“I made the Fortnite team, and I was one of the starters,” I said, neglecting to add that there hadn’t been much of a competition for it.

“Will the schedule overlap at all with your cheerleading?”

“Not too much, but we have alternates, and coach was OK with that plan because then it gives everyone a chance to be involved.”

“That reminds me. I think you need to open your birthday present.”

Mom went off to her bedroom and returned with a small, wrapped box. Moving my fingers as rapidly as I could, I tore off the wrapping paper to reveal a wireless gaming headphone. This would be perfect if I wanted to practice remotely with any of my teammates.

“Oh my goodness! Thank-you!”

I gave Mom a long hug.

---

Dinner was a weird pasta with broccoli and tomatoes in it. Not many meals made me long for one of Mom’s casseroles, but this one was bad enough to do that trick. I was not alone in picking at my food. My little sister was doing the same thing. She’d only taken a couple of bites at most and was absentmindedly poking the pile of pasta with a fork despite Mom’s exhortations that she needed to eat her dinner.

“Mommy! I need to go potty,” Emilia whined.

“You can go potty when you’re done eating, sweetie. You can’t skip your dinner.”

“Mommy!” She whined, squirming in her booster seat.

“Quiet. Eat your food.”

“Mom, it would only take a few minutes for me to take her to the bathroom. Emilia could finish her dinner after that.”

“No. There’s no point in potty training if she can’t learn how to hold her bladder for more than a couple minutes.”

Ugh, why does Mom have to make this so hard? Emilia was only three. Let her go to the bathroom. I wished Mom was the one changing Emilia’s pull-ups and diapers all the time. Maybe she’d take a different view of making Emilia wet herself. Mom’s refusal to let Emilia go to the bathroom did speed up the urgency with which Emilia was eating, but since Emilia had barely gotten started on her meal, there wasn’t nearly enough time for her to finish and get to the bathroom.

Emilia started to cry. I leaned over her chair and looked down at the pull-up to see that it was wet. Great, another pull-up that I needed to change. Thanks Mom. We both finished our meal at about the same time. With the pull-up already wet, Emilia wasn’t in any hurry to eat her meal. Mom and I had to constantly prod her to keep taking her next bite.

I grabbed Emilia underneath her arms and lifted her out of the booster seat and onto the ground. I held her hand as I led her to the bedroom to get changed. The only redeeming factor was that this was her first accident of the day, so at least I’d be putting her into another pull-up rather than a diaper.

Emilia sniffled as I picked her up and plopped her onto the changing mat I had laid on my bed.

“I didn’t mean to,” she said.

“I know sis. That’s why it was called an accident.”

I ripped the sides of the pull-up and proceed to thoroughly wipe her down. I tried to be both gentle and quick about changing her. Emilia had recently been getting much more sensitive about her potty-training struggles. If only I could find a way to channel that into getting her to become better at using the toilet.

“I know you can do better. Besides, you don’t want to still be wearing a pull-up when you are old enough to go to school.”

With Emilia cleaned up, I slid the fresh pull-up between her legs. I felt like such a hypocrite. Here I was reprimanding Emilia for wetting herself when I had been doing so secretly for the past couple of weeks. The urge to pee began to come as I was finishing with putting the fresh pull-up on Emilia. I couldn’t leave her on the bed to dash off to the bathroom. I might be able to hold my bladder for several minutes until I could have a chance to go to the bathroom, but that would be rather uncomfortable.

Whatever, I thought, as I relaxed my bladder and felt the urine begin to flow into the pull-up. What different does it make at this point? I felt the usual sensation of the pull-up expanding and sagging against my skin. I’d done it enough now that it no longer felt gross or odd to wet a pull-up. But this time I felt something else: a warm trickle running down my legs that quickly grew into a larger stream of warm liquid.

Drip. Drip. Drip. I stepped back from the bed and looked down to see a wet spot spreading out from my crotch and a puddle of urine collecting on the floor beneath me. Emilia leaned up from the changing pad, her eyes wide at the sight of her older sister having peed herself.

How? I’d tested the pull-ups. They’d never leaked before. I stood paralyzed. I was at a complete loss as to what I should do. The trickle of pee came to a stop. How in the world was I going to explain this?

Emilia jumped off the bed before I could grab her, giving her a full view of the accident. She stared at me without saying anything. I had to stop her from telling Mom about this. How could I convince her to stay quiet?

“Pinkie promise,” I said, holding out my hand to hers. “You won’t tell Mom. Please. Please?”

Her eyes still wide open, Emilia shook her head back and forth. A second, smaller stream of pee escaped from my bladder and more drops of pee begin splattering on the floor as the pull-up had completely lost its ability to absorb any more.

“Please, Emilia,” I said, practically begging. “Just promise you won’t tell her. OK?”

I’d kept so many of her secrets. Couldn’t she now keep one of mine?

I stood between Emilia and the bedroom door. Emilia started to dash for the door. I reached out to grab her, but she slipped between my arms and darted out into the hallway before I could get a hold of her. Oh that brat. I nearly wanted to strangle her.

A few short seconds later I heard Emilia’s voice all the way from the kitchen.

“Mommy! Sarah peed her pants.”

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • MinnesotaWriter changed the title to All My Mother's Rules (Ch. 15 --- 5/12/20)

Thanks for the chapter, seems she is going to be caught in a wet pullup that will make the issue even worse for her.

Reading this is like watching a moth fly around the flame, getting closer and closer, and then wondering when the flight will eventually end.

p.s.: we all secretly desire to see the moth catch fire... and then grieve her.

16 hours ago, Night Rain said:

The cats out of the bag now that Sarah's mom knows.

For sure. This next chapter is one I've looked forward to writing for a while.

16 hours ago, Sarah Penguin said:

Poor Sarahs! :)

Is it bad that I just realized you share the same name as my protagonist? But yes, my Sarah has gotten herself in quite a mess at least.

10 hours ago, Arendeth said:

Thanks for the chapter, seems she is going to be caught in a wet pullup that will make the issue even worse for her.

Yep, that wouldn't be an easy thing to explain to her mom. 

13 hours ago, Nicole Kolibri said:

Nice to see that the 2-part overnight trip is over.
Although I have to confess that I didn't do the 2. part to myself anymore.
I found it to be massively disturbing, on the one hand because you ignored her birthday and did a jump in time of about 14 days (I feel that so), where even emily was chastised but not sarah.
And on the other hand, can anyone really escape a strict mother for so long?
Rather unlikely, not to say, "No you can't!"
And that, you can believe me.

On the other hand, it is unlikely that I will go to my girlfriends to stay the night if I withhold my problem from them,
Sorry, but no, I would have told their pretty quickly, that I have massive problems, after my sports accident.
And I would left my mother outside. I wouldn't have told her anything!
Hoping to escape her.

And if I don't tell anyone (like sarah did) I find a reason not to have to go to overnight.
Either i tell my friends mother doesn't let me or we go to my grandmother, because she's feeling bad.
And to my mother i say the same thing the other way round.
Her mother, doesn't like Desi anyway. That would be the easiest way.

I personally am glad that you have found your way back ... sorry, I found your last two chapters really like a foreign body, that simply does not want to fit into this structure that you had previously written.

Like every good series give it, a weaker phase.
Even Game of Throns was not spared.
Therefor ... you don´t worry, all in all you are doing a very well job.
I will continue to follow you, thank you for your work, which you write really well, and fluently.

I'm glad you enjoyed the last chapter, and I do like getting detailed feedback. I had some mixed feelings about some of what went into the two sleepover chapters. At the same time, I am being intentional about the plot and the events in the sleepover did serve several important purposes. To note the one that was more direct, Sarah went into the sleepover with the hope of being able to confide in her friends about her bladder issues, but had to put that on hold because of what she learned about Samantha. She chose not to bring the pull-ups to the sleepover because she wanted that discussion to happen on her terms rather than with someone discovering her secret on their own. 

That said, I had intended to have a brief mention of her birthday during the sleepover and glossed over that part. Oops. I may clarify that in the next chapter.

I don't think Sarah escaped punishment too long. She's pretty resourceful in trying to stay out of trouble, but in the end, it was her own sense of overconfidence and ingenuity that brought her down. The leak was from her letting herself pee on purpose, rather than a true accident. 

9 hours ago, Bonsai said:

Reading this is like watching a moth fly around the flame, getting closer and closer, and then wondering when the flight will eventually end.

p.s.: we all secretly desire to see the moth catch fire... and then grieve her.

Dark, but I like that analogy. 

• Like 1
  • MinnesotaWriter changed the title to All My Mother's Rules (Ch. 70 & Epilogue - 2/13/24)