LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is it me or is everyone else getting sick and tired of the C Virus?

16 hours ago, BabyJune said:

I will only rest easy when the "geniuses" in the lab can develop a vaccine for it. Please tell me why, after going to college for ten years to get a PhD they still don't know what they need to know? I know it is a relatively new virus in humans, but the study of virology has been around for YEARS. If I'm going to call someone "doctor" because they have a PhD, then telling me "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer.

I am sorry though their Vaccine that they are working on will not be good.  There right now is no good Vaccines out there for any virus or disease.  what they create is a false hope.  When people take the flu shot they most likely get the flu that year.  "Though not all do."   In order to create the Vaccine they have to add the Virus to it and that is not good.  If someone takes the vaccine they will be infected by the virus as that vaccine has it.  There are ingredients in it that would make a lot of people sick. If they new what is really in them.  One ingredient I will mention is formaldehyde it is in all Vaccines.

17 hours ago, BabyJune said:

I will only rest easy when the "geniuses" in the lab can develop a vaccine for it. Please tell me why, after going to college for ten years to get a PhD they still don't know what they need to know? I know it is a relatively new virus in humans, but the study of virology has been around for YEARS. If I'm going to call someone "doctor" because they have a PhD, then telling me "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer.

Actually the "corona virus" has been around for quite a while. The last couple of "virus scares we had years ago were all strains of the same corona virus, getting the specifics are what is difficult.dealing with something you literally cant see makes things very hard. The Vaccine they are working on (from what I hear) is designed to interfere with the virus' ability to invade a cell and replicate, but you have to find that specific protein or enzime....that takes a long time, and I'm not holding my breath that they come up with one any time soon.

20 hours ago, BabyJune said:

It is not the basic anti-microbe part. Which is bad enough since viruses are not full "alive" and to "kill" them you have to get right into the DNA structure; in fact, you do not "kill" a virus, you denature or engulf it in  something that neutralizes it. Vaccines do not destroy or even attack viruses, they provide the immune system with "intel" to recognize the invader before it is encountered and be ready with the actual attack begins. There are at least 3 "lines of inquirey" going on, one uses the tactic  of inserting fack "receptors" for the invading virus to glom onto and lead it down the garden path. Niext, this has to be made to work in a human body, which is probably the most complex thing int all of spece and time Carbon-based organic materials are the most malleable of all and biological things even more so. After that, the  thing is tested for safety, which takes a fixed amount of time (we got a hard lesson with the 1974-75 Swine Flu vaccined). Then it has to be tested for effacacy. After that, it must be made producible in quantity at reasonable cost for mass distribution. There has been a cure for the common cold, also a Corona Virus, for about 35 years - at 35K USD last I heard and it does not immunize so next month it could start all over again. For some reason, the Corona virus class is hard to deal with and it is what cold and flu are made of. The problem is not the design, but the implementation since that is the tiem-consuming part of it all as many of thise porcesses are on a fixed -length schedule before you even consider the mass-production and distribution processes. Then there is the public health component that has to be mustered and brought into play. That whole business makes a military operation look like a child's puzzle compared to a 1500 piece jigsaw puzzle

Recently, Tulane University announced a project that uses fake receptors that may be ready this Fall. Also, it is a good guess that there will be a second wave so there should be work going on to prepare for that and be able to use ore precise measures than shutting down everything. One possibility is based on the idea that it is a nothingburger to the under 35 population and that half of all deaths in the more vulnerable population was in nursing homes and assisted living facilities. So we can armor up these places, fast-track immunization to the older populations and let the virus spend itself in the young adults where the transmission lines lead to nowhere  while we immunize the most vulnerable after which we expand the immunization to the whole population. The big problem is that we were caught flat-footed, not only for dealing with anew virus, but for handling things like this in gneral after outsourcing things like PPE, disinfectants and the vaccine industy to China. Beyond that, This is a once in a century thing and there is really no way to predict when and how and prepare fully in any reasonable way. It is like living near a volcano that goes off once a millennium. After a fiasco, the first 3 generations stay away from it,, but by by the tenth, the lesson is forgotten and people are tempted by the empty space, dismissing just WHY it is empty and graduall move back in and get the same results as their forefathers got. For at least 45 years, I have heard that "there is a real beuat waiting for us on down the line". All I can say is "NOBODY expects the Spanish Flue"

2 hours ago, Little Rubber Christine said:

It is not the basic anti-microbe part. Which is bad enough since viruses are not full "alive" and to "kill" them you have to get right into the DNA structure; in fact, you do not "kill" a virus, you denature or engulf it in  something that neutralizes it. Vaccines do not destroy or even attack viruses, they provide the immune system with "intel" to recognize the invader before it is encountered and be ready with the actual attack begins. There are at least 3 "lines of inquirey" going on, one uses the tactic  of inserting fack "receptors" for the invading virus to glom onto and lead it down the garden path. Niext, this has to be made to work in a human body, which is probably the most complex thing int all of spece and time Carbon-based organic materials are the most malleable of all and biological things even more so. After that, the  thing is tested for safety, which takes a fixed amount of time (we got a hard lesson with the 1974-75 Swine Flu vaccined). Then it has to be tested for effacacy. After that, it must be made producible in quantity at reasonable cost for mass distribution. There has been a cure for the common cold, also a Corona Virus, for about 35 years - at 35K USD last I heard and it does not immunize so next month it could start all over again. For some reason, the Corona virus class is hard to deal with and it is what cold and flu are made of. The problem is not the design, but the implementation since that is the tiem-consuming part of it all as many of thise porcesses are on a fixed -length schedule before you even consider the mass-production and distribution processes. Then there is the public health component that has to be mustered and brought into play. That whole business makes a military operation look like a child's puzzle compared to a 1500 piece jigsaw puzzle

Recently, Tulane University announced a project that uses fake receptors that may be ready this Fall. Also, it is a good guess that there will be a second wave so there should be work going on to prepare for that and be able to use ore precise measures than shutting down everything. One possibility is based on the idea that it is a nothingburger to the under 35 population and that half of all deaths in the more vulnerable population was in nursing homes and assisted living facilities. So we can armor up these places, fast-track immunization to the older populations and let the virus spend itself in the young adults where the transmission lines lead to nowhere  while we immunize the most vulnerable after which we expand the immunization to the whole population. The big problem is that we were caught flat-footed, not only for dealing with anew virus, but for handling things like this in gneral after outsourcing things like PPE, disinfectants and the vaccine industy to China. Beyond that, This is a once in a century thing and there is really no way to predict when and how and prepare fully in any reasonable way. It is like living near a volcano that goes off once a millennium. After a fiasco, the first 3 generations stay away from it,, but by by the tenth, the lesson is forgotten and people are tempted by the empty space, dismissing just WHY it is empty and graduall move back in and get the same results as their forefathers got. For at least 45 years, I have heard that "there is a real beuat waiting for us on down the line". All I can say is "NOBODY expects the Spanish Flue"

You make valid points, but I still expect perfection from people who want to be called "experts." I know it takes time and trial, so you are right.

While I am atheist. There is an adeage. 'There was only ONE perfect individual and they crucified him. The kind of perfection that you are after does not exist. Only the past is perfect and that is because it already happened. For what has not happened, there is only probability of events. and, from what I descrived, you have perfection. In fact, we seem to be ahead of schedule on some things like the fake receptor tactics. . 4 monthes ago, we did not expect a vaccine before June '21 (before the fake receptor idea came up) What you seek is instant success, neither of which is possible. Rome was not built in a day (nor did it fall in one) and the work doesn't do itself. If fishes were wishes: All would cast nets. If horses were wishes: Beggars would ride. We live in a civiliaztion of spoiled brats of whom the phrase "first world problem" is a demeaning mockery.  RUBBER PANTIES'R'US was 7 decades in the making and a LOT of work, most of it done before I got here (just because the work was something I did as part of my life for 70 years, does not mean it was not work) but it is probably definitive and the best resource for the subject at DD or anywhere; especially for little girls. It did not emerge from nowhere fully developed. My project to getting back the iconic rubber sheet is not going well but I will not know if there is a good market for me to present to the companies until mid' July. This was not as easy as finding the replacement for Comco panties. All I had to do was find LL Medico/Gary and convince LL Medico to keep the 7 mil snap on in stock. I could do that on the QT and then spring it on DD as a done deal but I had to make sure ther would be a market which was helped by the fact that I acted very quickly so there had not become something that perosns would accept that was not heavyweight rubber panties to fill the vacuum. This will take time

But yes, I AM sick and tired of COVID19 but all I can do is bear with it. What do you think I am? A little girl who will whine about it or a Fairy who can wave her magic wand and make it go away?

• 2 months later...

I'd say I'm most annoyed with how the dos and don'ts change every day, even now. As little as a month ago, the media reported that the subways/public transit was dangerous because there's no ventilation... Now they're saying everyone should feel safe on the subway. I get that they are learning new things about the disease every day, but seriously, stop reporting if you don't know 100% what the hell's going on...

It’s understandable since it’s been a good 6 months now and at times, it feels like the only thing that you hear about. I’m trying to stay positive though and look forward to the small things in my life (even though there’s not much but it’s still something that I can distract my mind with).

17 hours ago, OddlyEnough said:

I'd say I'm most annoyed with how the dos and don'ts change every day, even now. As little as a month ago, the media reported that the subways/public transit was dangerous because there's no ventilation... Now they're saying everyone should feel safe on the subway. I get that they are learning new things about the disease every day, but seriously, stop reporting if you don't know 100% what the hell's going on...

Yeah, agreed. The media doesn’t help at all in the slightest when it reports on stuff like this and just scares others really more than it helps in my opinion.