LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Which onsie are you wearing and why?

Howdy21

I recently bought a Baby Pants Onsie size medium. It fit fine, but was not pre-shrunk. When I washed the garment it shrunk. I was worried it would not fit, but after I put the onsie on the tight fit helps hold it all together.

I'm pretty happy.

2 hours ago, Howdy21 said:

I recently bought a Baby Pants Onsie size medium. It fit fine, but was not pre-shrunk. When I washed the garment it shrunk. I was worried it would not fit, but after I put the onsie on the tight fit helps hold it all together.

I'm pretty happy.

I'm in a homemade onesie made with spandex/cotton fabric from Joann's Fabrics, pattern was based off of (copied from) a cheap onesie I got from wish.com.

20191228_201311.jpg

21 hours ago, DL-Boy said:

I'm in a homemade onesie made with spandex/cotton fabric from Joann's Fabrics, pattern was based off of (copied from) a cheap onesie I got from wish.com.

20191228_201311.jpg

Nice job, love the dinos

56 minutes ago, Howdy21 said:

Nice job, love the dinos

Thanks.  Today I'm in my first homemade onesie, same pattern but slightly wider neck and armbands

20191227_094149-399x485.jpg

21 hours ago, Rob110 said:

I own multiple Tykable onesies in plain solid colours as they look like regular shirts, I tried their romper version and it is comfortable and really holds  my diaper inplace. 

Are you wearing the golf style onsie? I've been wondering if they are detectable

Yes I own some Polo versions as well they look like a regular tucked in polo shirt and I wear them to clients all the time.  Unfortunately Tykables has discontinued them from what ai understand as they were not popular which surprised me as for a work shirt and  its perfect  for plumbers (no but crack showing)    

24 minutes ago, Rob110 said:

Yes I own some Polo versions as well they look like a regular tucked in polo shirt and I wear them to clients all the time.  Unfortunately Tykables has discontinued them from what ai understand as they were not popular which surprised me as for a work shirt and  its perfect  for plumbers (no but crack showing)    

Rackety's here in the UK still sell them.  I prefer T-shirt style myself, but then I'm retired & don't need to look even slightly smart...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 1:00 PM, DL-Boy said:

Thanks.  Today I'm in my first homemade onesie, same pattern but slightly wider neck and armbands

20191227_094149-399x485.jpg

These onesies make me want to relearn sewing and how was the wider neck, did you notice a difference? 

What should one think we all wear onezies? I do not have a single one to my name. They are too genericand were not around when I was little and, to my knowledge were not a "thing" until very recently. There were one-piece rompers with shourt pnats at the bottom

4 hours ago, Little Christine said:

What should one think we all wear onezies? I do not have a single one to my name. They are too genericand were not around when I was little and, to my knowledge were not a "thing" until very recently. There were one-piece rompers with shourt pnats at the bottom

Not all of us are stuck in the 30's and 40's...  Just because they may or may not have been around when we were toddlers or infants doesn't negate their usefulness or cuteness in any way.

4 hours ago, lebeau13 said:

These onesies make me want to relearn sewing and how was the wider neck, did you notice a difference? 

The wider neckband and armbands tend to give it a more toddler+ feel (little-boy 4-6 yo) as opposed to the thinner bands of infant clothing.  They (all of my onesies) were also done differently in that respect than how my Rearz onesie was made.  Instead of taking the ribbed fabric and folding it around the raw edge of the neck or arm opening and top-stitching it in place, I created a true neck or armband smaller than the opening, stitched it on the front side and then folded it over and top-stitched.  This is more t-shirt neck method.  Even though arms on t-shirts are the same fabric folded in and stitched, most have the neck bands done in the same way, where the outer side of the band is against the outer part of the neck, stitched, folded out and then stitched along the original seam to tack it down.

I don't know the true term for this but that's how I've done all of mine so far with one (failed) exception... I did a snap-front onesie with a split-front, using the blue with dinosaurs fabric and did a different neck band technique more like ribbed-knit necks on some jackets.  Either the neck opening or the neck band were grossly oversized so it hangs off my shoulders and looks like crap.  I've been pondering a method to salvage it (possibly cutting a wedge of fabric out of the back from the neck down and putting a seam down the middle of the back.

As to the thinner trim pieces (and infant apparel neck/arm trim), I've come up with a method that works better than the fold over and stitch method.  It means the unfolded raw ribbed fabric is placed on the outside of the area to be trimmed, stitched about 0.25-0.50" all the way around, depending on how wide I desire it.  Using woolly nylon thread which is slightly stretchy this doesn't break but wouldn't be a problem if it did.  After stitched, fold over flush with the stitches, then fold into the opening over the raw fabric edge, then top-stitch all the way around the trim using a stretch stitch (zigzag works and looks a bit "sweat-shirt"-styled but twin-needle looks more professional, though it tends to stretch and ruffle a bit).  Once the top-stitch is completed I trim the excess fabric on the back of the trim with scissors, taking care not to cut into the stitching.

1 hour ago, DL-Boy said:

Not all of us are stuck in the 30's and 40's...  Just because they may or may not have been around when we were toddlers or infants doesn't negate their usefulness or cuteness in any way

Is not "cuteness" in the eye of the beholder. The way you use "stuck" is offensively presumptuous, which is how I find the wording of the title of this thread; as if we all wore onesies. For some persons these are not authentic. This means they canonot resonate with us, sort of like watching Julius Caesar pull up to the Forum of Mars in a '59 Cadillac or Eddie Rockenbacker shoot down German bi-planes form a P-51 or F-86. For those of us who acquired this at an age in middle single digits 68+ years ago, what was there at the time was what we experienced at that age. Besides which, I am not talking about th thirties and forties. How about the fifties and sixties

3 hours ago, Little Christine said:

For those of us who acquired this at an age in middle single digits 68+ years ago, what was there at the time was what we experienced at that age. Besides which, I am not talking about th thirties and forties. How about the fifties and sixties

My wife is 63 yo, born in 1956 and said she remembers onesies when she was little (during the early 60's).

12 minutes ago, DL-Boy said:

My wife is 63 yo, born in 1956 and said she remembers onesies when she was little (during the early 60's).

They were rare. Up until recently (and you can check my ABDL Carriculum Vitea) they were not that visible on the market. The first thing I saw that was even close was Carolyn's "Bubble suit". What there was were a kind of romper with a snap crotch, short legs and short sleeves In the 40's and 50's were a kind of corduroy overall or "jodphurs" of which I had two at that age; one dark green and the oter a "dusky"  what would later be called "hot pink", which I remember being put on me when I was changed with shoulder straps. I think what they used to do was pin the undershirt to the doaper, which I have also seen in the AB world with cloth diapers

none! :D 

but i do have a babykins romper (my favorite so far), a tykables romper (also very good, second, but could be first if the snaps were positioned differently), two from little for big (incredibly soft and comfy, but not a fan of the cut. i'm pretty sure they're geared more towards not-so-abdl women and thus have a more feminine cut. plus i don't care for the shoulder snaps- personal preference) and some random ones from rearz, i think, that don't fit right (ordered wrong). 

i like the romper style with legs because i had some of the standard cut ones and the crotch would slide off my diaper and go up into my diaper leg hole, getting wet and causing leaks. plus, my hips would get cold, like hurting cold when i would wear without pants. also the extra coverage just feels nice and kinda comforting to me somehow. i do wear diapers and onesies around my non-adbl (but diaper accepting and encouraging) g/f, the romper is more concealing than the standard thinner crotch cut, and i don't like flaunting my diapers around her. i feel like i'm shoving them in her face, otherwise. and i would LOVE to try out some onesie rompers from bigtot on etsy! i've heard so much good about her, and apparently she does custom work, too. 

5 hours ago, Little Christine said:

The baby onezies whee around when I was a baby and im 67.I talked to a number of my cousens and they said the same as me.We ALL whore them back then.

Well, I saw plenty of diaper changes between 1950 and 1967 and I do not recall seeing one, or heard them mentioned by name, and as I said, these were not big in the AB market until recetnly, about 2010 and up. Then too, most of the changes I saw were baby girls

1 hour ago, Little Christine said:

Well, I saw plenty of diaper changes between 1950 and 1967 and I do not recall seeing one, or heard them mentioned by name, and as I said, these were not big in the AB market until recetnly, about 2010 and up. Then too, most of the changes I saw were baby girls

"Onesies" is the brand name for Gerber's infant bodysuits. The term has been adopted generically in the US and apparently other countries.  The infant version has been called  a "creeper", "diaper shirt", "snapsuit" and "bodysuit".  Wikipedia even states that it's also referred to as a "vest" in British English.  Most infant bodysuits have "lap necks" where the back half "laps" over the front half of the neck opening to permit a larger opening for the infant's head to go through.  In some cases they will instead have snaps on the shoulder.

Here's a vintage 1950's porcelain statuette of a baby wearing a "onesie".

1950s ceramic baby boy sleeping on pillow with blue onesie and image 0 

Here's a 50s-60s vintage Sailing onesie for a newborn:

vintage white SAILING onesie 1950s 60s newborn vintage image 0

The only reason I can think of that I never saw these is that my family was older. I was problably in the second batch of births. My mother, aunts and uncles were mostly born in the nineteen teens and twenties. I can think of at least five cousins and two siblings that are or were older than I, many are in my age range 1943 to 52 and only about 6 between 1953 to 63. Most infants were dressed in some kind of gown.  Hand-me-downs were pretty much the rule in these older families, having been of an age to be quite functional during some part of the Depression. I suspect that many of your parents were younger than my family in the mid 1950's so bought many newer things. Another thing I never saw on my cousins was tights and fancy and shell-and-liner panties, though I did see them later, mostly in the 1960's

When did Gerber branch out into clothes? I heard of "creepers" in the 1960's. Still, they were not a "thing" in ABDL circles until recently. When I first came online in 1999 and for quite awhile, I do not recall seeing them on Ebay and I was aware of quite a few sellers from 2000 on. The big deal then was rhumba panties. Carolyn had them back in '82 when the youngest persons who could buy such things legally would have been born in 1964. At that time and for some time, about a fifth of the DPF members were older, 40+, than I (being 37) and about halfl, were in my age range, about 30-40, in 1983. I suspect that many of those listed as "boy" got rhumba panties for the Sissy factor, which category was never recognized in DPF. I listed for the overwhelming majority of time I was there as "girl" in the early stages as both ("F" and "G")

Edited by Little Christine
  • 4 weeks later...

I've got 4 different onesies. 3 are from Onesies Downunder: Space Dinosaurs, Pigs Can Fly, and Pocket Pets prints. My other one is from Littles Laboratory and is the Tabletop Gamer Onesie. All of them are super comfy and I always air dry them to prevent shrinking, but my onesie from Littles Laboratory has silk in it so I have to hand wash it. I stand by a diaper and onesie being the most comfortable outfit in existence.

Onesies Downunder Planets onesie today, with my Tykables khaki shortalls, and my dummy attached to the shortall strap.  And I kept them on when I took Binky out for his walk, admittedly with a smock top over, so nobody could see they were shortalls.

Why?  Well it's warm here, and I've changed into my summer outfits - shorts & T-shirt onesies.  And I'm feeling a lot more relaxed about wearing more overtly AB things, as long as I can still just about pass for vanilla.  And it feels great!  I've about got to where I feel proud of being an AB.  Not 'out' and proud, just proud of myself for having worked out what I need, getting my wife to come along for the ride, and feeling relaxed and happy with my new normal.

On 3/26/2020 at 9:04 PM, Howdy21 said:

Are you wearing the golf style onsie? I've been wondering if they are detectable

I have 5 that I use for work. So far, nobody seems to have noticed.

31 minutes ago, Davey said:

I have 5 that I use for work. So far, nobody seems to have noticed.

As I once said in regards to the golf shirt onesies:  They're kind of the "MULLET" of onesies...  "BUSINESS on top, BABY on the bottom."