LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How does your bladder feel when becoming incontinent?

11 hours ago, Davidevens87 said:

Does your bladder start feeling differently at various stages of incontinence?  I know the 12mo program references bladder spasms at some point but are there any other feeling one would feel at various stages?

Originally it was uncomfortable but eventually it becomes not a problem and it just happens in a diaper.

My bladder just releases I no longer feel I need to pee when I flood I notice but a lot of times I just feel my diaper expanding and others I notice my diaper is wet and have no recollection of when I peed. Its been 5 years for for me so I am long passed the initial IC stage.

Those spasms can get to you. I tend to get them when I’m dehydrated or over caffeinated...or really bad insomnia.

Last night’s was interesting it was strong and also ticked. I kept having to change positions. Not sure on that sensation but hope it doesn’t occur too frequently. Random outbursts of uncontrollable giggling might raise some eye brows.

As for other signs,
Increased frequency
Feel like your gonna flood but only a few oz come out
Finding yourself wet and not recalling when.
Attempting to stop the stream but being unable to, or only temporarily

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Rob110 said:

My bladder just releases I no longer feel I need to pee when I flood I notice but a lot of times I just feel my diaper expanding and others I notice my diaper is wet and have no recollection of when I peed. Its been 5 years for for me so I am long passed the initial IC stage.

I’m exactly the same except I’ve only medically been ic for just over a year.

Most of the time I don’t feel anything, I just leak. Sometimes if I’ve been sitting in a way that stops the flow (usually when driving) I’ll feel a heavier stream once I’ve changed position. 

• Like 1
On 3/20/2020 at 9:13 AM, BlakeJordan said:

Increased frequency

^^I've been 24/7 for about a year and the above about describes how things are.  I'm pretty sure that it's ME who decides when pee is going to happen during the day.

Increased frequency: yep.  I wet 3 - 5 times during the night when I can remember and I've lost count during the day.  Tiny volumes usually.

Feel like your gonna flood but only a few oz come out:  Kind of.  I've noticed that a lot of the time, I don't seem to have ANY pee urges outside of the times when I am actually peeing but DURING a pee event, there can be urge out of all proportion to the amount of pee involved.

Finding yourself wet and not recalling when:  Again, in my case, "kind of".  For certain this happens at nights now. I suspect I don't wake enough to remember but I am waking.  During the day it's tricky.  I'll get to changing time and find that my diaper is quite wet but I can only recall using it (in a very small quantity) once or twice.  Like night times, I suspect it's a case of wetting being so normalised, i'm sometimes not laying down memory of it rather than not being in control. Some other times, I will find myself sitting with a constant, very low level of pee urge but there isn't any pee to be had.  It's like the communication channel between my bladder and brain is disrupted.

Attempting to stop the stream but being unable to, or only temporarily:  yep.  100%  During the day I still get to choose when I start but once I've started I'm "committed".  Stopping is difficult and not that effective.  On a rare recent experiment, I could slow the flow but not stop it.  It's still my call to start the flow though.

I can only recall one or two instances of what I *thought* might have been a bladder spasm: they happened quite early on and consisted of a strange, painless fluttering feeling that lasted just a few seconds.  They were vanishingly rare - maybe two or three times that I remember.

On 3/20/2020 at 12:13 AM, BlakeJordan said:

Those spasms can get to you. I tend to get them when I’m dehydrated or over caffeinated...or really bad insomnia.

Last night’s was interesting it was strong and also ticked. I kept having to change positions. Not sure on that sensation but hope it doesn’t occur too frequently. Random outbursts of uncontrollable giggling might raise some eye brows.

As for other signs,
Increased frequency

I definitely have spasms when dehydrated, but in my case it is the sphincter not the bladder, because the wound where they cut a piece out of is irritated then because of the concentrated urine.

My bladder only spasmed when I had Foley catheters in but now it doesn't anymore. The urethral sphincter however continues to spasm heavy and painfully but at least I leak through the hole they cut out.

I have been experimenting with catheters and more recently stents for at least 15 years with only a few instances of UTI. Then about 8 months ago had to see my Doc with a dose. “Very unusual in men” he said. I didn’t let on. He prescribed Altrim which worked well. Then I decided to quit and tossed out everything.  A few weeks ago I noticed that script was still valid and had an unused repeat; my insurance policy. Off we go again. This time the cath had only been in about 30 hours before removing it. Hours later I was aware of discomfort following a pee.  That afternoon when out and about I wore a pull up as a precaution. When out, I experienced true incontinence for the first time together with strong bladder cramps, being quite unable to hold it. Later I was surprised to find I had been leaking both ends. Off to the pharmacy.     

Edited by Old_PA
added a bit
  • 3 months later...
On 3/20/2020 at 6:54 PM, Greg03 said:

Most of the time I don’t feel anything, I just leak. Sometimes if I’ve been sitting in a way that stops the flow (usually when driving) I’ll feel a heavier stream once I’ve changed position. 

This is me when laying on my side sleeping. The pain is a strange feeling. Turning on my back makes things flow better. On the other hand I can pee just fine when driving ?

I've been at this for about three weeks now, and I've started to notice some bladder spasms.  I can literally feel my bladder squeezing, and it feels like I really have to go, even when I'm completely empty.  Its not painful per se, but it's definitely an odd sensation.

I have been working on unpotty training for about a month now and I think I feel the spasms.  It is like a fluttering feeling every so often.  Definitely have started to tinkle in smaller amounts.  It makes sense that you just don't lay down a memory of wetting.  So like I hazily remember wetting but it just doesn't stick.  

On 3/19/2020 at 12:45 PM, Rob110 said:

I am very similar sometimes I feel the need to pee momentarily but usually I just feel my nappy getting wet. Sometimes I don't even notice that and find my nappy soaking wet.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2020 at 11:54 PM, Greg03 said:

Me too

With its hands

On 3/19/2020 at 12:45 PM, Rob110 said:

Two years for me. I'm rarely away of when I'm peeing now. I still get spasms though