LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

GCS hair removal while incontinent

I am a transgender woman, and socially transitioned several years ago. In the journey I tackled facial hair almost completely, and got 70% complete with surgical site hair removal. I then quickly became in continent due to a combo medical issues, functional limitations (functional incontinence due to intermittent paralysis), and previous 24/7 training.

I have not gone back for further electrolysis, mostly due to health (not incontinence) and much tighter budget. However I am getting closer to continue sessions.

I am not sure how to handle the required hair removal for surgical site however. It seems like my most problematic/stubborn area is the scrotum.

I need help and suggestions on hhow control incontinence, odor, and have the conversation with the electrologyst who, last time they saw me I had bladder control.

Hair removal works much better if hydrated well, and if any lidocaine injections are used it becomes even more difficult to get feedback of what is going on with my bladder.

For reference, I had ongoing electrolysis on surgical site for close to two years.

My biggest concerns are ingrown hair after surgery, controlling urine leaks during the electrolysis, and comfort/odor control for the electrologyst. Any advice on how to have the conversation would also be appreciated.

It is possible the scrotum is resistant to hair removal as I’ve had more than double the suggested 2-3 rounds suggested by surgeons, and other methods like follicle scraping may be need. I’ve also considered option for a non penile inversion option if needed.

Still it would be very nice to have options for GCS technique and surgeon.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

@BlakeJordan

I agree with @messyman  If you are planning to have surgery in that area, and because wearing diapers would not be helpful an external catheter  and bag would be your best option.  As far as the odor and what happens, I do not know much about that, but when I had my appendix removed, I had a catheter in for a week, so I would not make a mess.

The Scrotum is the MOST Sensitive part of the body, second only to the Glans (Tip of the penis) so whatever they do, it will be sensitive to what is going on.  You may have to use a catheter while the area heals - Good Luck!

Brian

""and have the conversation with the electrologyst" 
I think the best action is to just call explain your situation and then hear what they have to say.
I know its pretty easy for me to say but i have had times when i just asked away, For example i asked if i could take my stuffed animal with me when removing facial hair.
They probaly know what is needed and might very well have experince with incontince and would know how to best handel it during the sesions. 
"It is possible the scrotum is resistant to hair removal"
I do have a bit of experince with this however for me its more the face. But from what i know its not possible to become resistant to hair removal. And there should be procedures to remove the hair no matter what.

And good luck i know getting hair removed can be a real pain.

• 3 weeks later...
Have you considered Laser procedure?

Yes. I actually have previously done a combo of laser and electrolysis, which has generally been very effective for most of my body. I will definitely start with laser first as there are enough dark hairs on the scrotum, but as those hairs become lighter I will need electrolysis.

I’ve been looking around and it seems like my best bet is an incontinence clamp which basically clamps around the flaccid penis at the base, creating kink in the urethra.

Hopefully I’ll just need a few rounds of both as I’ve already had multiple rounds for each growth cycle over the course of 18 months.

Though I’m likely to still opt for a non penile inversion method both to reduce risk of hair growth within the vaginal canal and reduced need for dilation.

I’m open to other ideas of course.
  • 5 months later...

I've heard great things about periontinale(spelling?) GCS. Naturally lubricating! It's what I want personally but it may be hard to find a surgeon as I think it was just developed in the mid 10s so it's extremely new.

I've heard great things about periontinale(spelling?) GCS. Naturally lubricating! It's what I want personally but it may be hard to find a surgeon as I think it was just developed in the mid 10s so it's extremely new.

Agreed. That’s where I’m at. There are a few surgeons in the US, and at least a couple in India.

At least in the states, there is still reluctance in using the technique other than a revision. Though this is slowly changing. Still it seems aesthetic technique needs practice for any US surgeon and although mostly positive there are horror stories from surgeons in India.

I would say that before incontinence tipped into being problematic for hair removal, I was 70-80% complete with hair removal removal at the surgical site.

I would love to see some follicle scraping techniques be implemented here as well.

For now I think I’ll simply bide my time, wait for the technique to become slightly more commonplace, a higher prevalence of laparoscopic surgeons willing and practiced in the technique, and for Covid-19 to become more predictable for planned procedures.

I imagine that 5G and telemedicine will help as it seems that the limiting factor pre-COVID was laparoscopic surgeon availability.

Thank you for your reply as it helps confirm my own conclusion on the best solution. I really do appreciate it!
11 hours ago, BlakeJordan said:

Agreed. That’s where I’m at. There are a few surgeons in the US, and at least a couple in India.

At least in the states, there is still reluctance in using the technique other than a revision. Though this is slowly changing. Still it seems aesthetic technique needs practice for any US surgeon and although mostly positive there are horror stories from surgeons in India.

I would say that before incontinence tipped into being problematic for hair removal, I was 70-80% complete with hair removal removal at the surgical site.

I would love to see some follicle scraping techniques be implemented here as well.

For now I think I’ll simply bide my time, wait for the technique to become slightly more commonplace, a higher prevalence of laparoscopic surgeons willing and practiced in the technique, and for Covid-19 to become more predictable for planned procedures.

I imagine that 5G and telemedicine will help as it seems that the limiting factor pre-COVID was laparoscopic surgeon availability.

Thank you for your reply as it helps confirm my own conclusion on the best solution. I really do appreciate it!

Welcome ?