LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Storing tools

1950potty

As I have shared many times, when I was a kid both of my parents were very much anti-punishment, especially spanking. Then in June 1976, as I turned 12, our family moved to Iowa so our dad could attend management training. In our So California community hardly any of the kids we knew were spanked and our school system did not use corporal punishment. Iowa was different. All the schools used a lot of corporal punishment and every kid we met was spanked or worse at home.

Our Mom noticed that the Iowa kids were better behaved than my 2 brothers, 3 sisters and me. Still they did not spank us. During the year we were in Iowa Mom's youngest sister and her husband bought the house across the street. Aunt Betsy was a big believer in spanking first! Our Mom took notice. Our oldest sister Penny  was a high school senior in Iowa and got swats at school many times. Penny was 18 when we returned home. She babysat for Aunt Betsy's 3 kids. Aunt Betsy caught Penny misbehaving and spanked her bare bottom with a hairbrush.

I was then 13. I knew I deserved to be spanked, so I screwed up my courage and asked Aunt Betsy to spank me. She did so bare bottom with her hairbrush. Then she drove me to a beauty store to buy me a hairbrush, as she had done previously with Penny. I shared a room with our youngest sister Missy; Penny shared a room with Ruth, the sister between Missy and me. Penny kept her hairbrush on her bedside table. I kept my hairbrush on my bedside table.

Just before I turned 14 Mom decided spanking worked. She bought hairbrushes for Ruth and Missy. By then our older brother had graduated from high school and joined the USMC. Our Dad bought a school-style paddle for use on Ed, who is a bit more than a year my junior. Ed's paddle hung on his wall.

I have been happily married since 1991. My husband dislikes spanking with a hairbrush. I keep a leather strap on my bedside table. Fair is fair, so my husband keeps a heavy Mason Pearson hairbrush on his bedside table. The implements we use for pleasure are stored in our closet. Our Spank-O-Matic machine and its implements stays in a spare bedroom.

• 2 months later...
On 2/29/2020 at 12:17 PM, 1950potty said:

I was wondering where you store you spanking  implements.  Now and where your parents kept them.  As a kid, the paddle was on top of the refrigerator.  Now they are in the bedroom closet.

Good question. I now store my implements in the bottom drawer of an old dresser in my closet under my diapers. But I sometimes wonder what will happen if I ever have to go to hospital and somebody has to clean out my place. What will they think? Growing up the spanking 'hairbrush' was hung on a nail in the laundry room beside the 'spanking chair' and we all understood what it was there for. And in my teens dad had 'the belt' which was really a strap hung on the side wall in his workshop. He hardly ever used it but we all knew why it was there. But Im not sure what anybody would think about what I call 'recreational' spanking if they came up my collection of paddles, straps and other implements. I sometimes think of getting rid of them because I hardly have the opportunity to use them anymore but I guess Im too emotionally attached.

I store my implements in the closet. My girlfriend and my kids know about them, so there is no issue.  Growing up, mom would use a yard stick, dad would use his belt or hand.  There wasn’t a specific spot to hang the yard stick. 

Dookey i find it interesting (and not doubting) that the yardstick didn't have a regular home.   I'm older than you but we both know yardsticks were much much thicker back then.   And just about everyone of my friends and cousins had some implement kept out in the open.  Our paddle lived on top of the refrigerator as an example.

The yardstick was kept on a ledge of the archway between the living room and dining room. This was an old style house in the mid west.  It was easy to reach, for mom, but not for my brothers and I.