LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper pail for cloth diapers

FretaBWet

My girlfriend recently bought me 4 pair of Gary plastic pants because all my plastic pants had completely worn out. I had a couple Angelfluff night weight flannel diapers and a couple boosters but couldn’t use them without new pants.

I have UI and OAB and was a bedwetter until I was 17. My bed wetting was cured with a bed wetting alarm but that conditions you to wake up at the urge to go. Consequently, I never get an uninterrupted nights sleep.

I’m retired so I don’t have a lot of money to spend on supplies but I told my girlfriend I wanted some plastic pants so I could wear my cloth diapers to bed. My plan was to use the two cloth diapers I have and stop getting up at night. When I told her she went online and bought me 4 pair of plastic pants and bought me 4 diapers too. She picked 2 night diapers and 2 medium weight diapers.

I’ve been wearing for the last 12 nights and it’s been working well. My routine is to drop my diapers in the washer after removing them and I set it to rinse. I take my plastic pants and rinse them thoroughly in the sink then hang them with a plastic hanger to dry over the tub. I leave the diapers in the washer until the next morning and then do a full wash on the second night’s diapers. My problem now is I want to be able to wash my diapers after six days in one load which will lower my electricity and water usage. That means I need the means to store 5 nights of soaked diapers because I can’t leave them in the washer. I need a container that will keep the odor well contained. I could just go buy a diaper pail at a baby store and will if that’s the best option. Looks are not important, what is important is our house not smelling like a nursery. So what do you use? Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.

Hugs,

Freta

I have a HE washer so what I often do is just put the diapers in after use, set the thing to extra rinse, do not bother with soap and let it go then throw it in the dryer. They come out of the dryer with no smell whatsoever. Because I do a sitz bath to clean up, my rubber panties and diaper liner get cleaned in that operation.

Alternatively, I may wait until I have several diapers to wash, For that, I got an 8 mil plastic pillow protector in King size, It will hold about 5 changes before I need to empty it. I do not rinse the diapers before putting them into the "bag" but leave them as they were when I took them off. The wash them after the last one is worn. I do not use hot water as that will set the odor into the fabric, I use Warm. In this case, I wash with a small amount of dreft

After my panties dry, I put them in another bag like the first one I described, this has a King size cotton pillow case. I spray a good deal of the BabyDoll spray and store the panties in there until I am ready to use them. For how to make the BabyDoll grooming and cleaning items, see...

I soak my diapers and waterproof pants in a bucket of water with a little non-chlorine bleach added and wash everything in the afternoon. I usually only have one diaper/pants to carry over into the next day, and since it's already been soaked in the water/bleach solution. it's disinfected and doesn't smell.

The ammonia from urine is one of the best bleaches ever. It was used for centuries as the premier bleach, even to the point where it was collected from individuals for that purpose in the 16th century

Thank you both for your advice. Thank you Christine for the helpful advice on water temp. I had been rinsing and washing in hot water to get them clean but this morning I switched to warm water. I still need to buy something to store them in but I'm working on it.

Hugs,

Freta

Modern detergents are amazing. They contain "optical whiteners [bluing]" like our grandparents used to add to the white wash. And they can also contain oxygen bleach. The "surfactant" actions that defines detergents apart from soap enables warm and even cold-water washing. It is possible to wash whites and darks together. I have underwear that is over 3 years old and it is still snow-white and the same things that keep whites white, brightens other colors (why oxygen bleach has always boeasted about being "color safe" for over 75 years in the form of "Snowy" and "Oxydol"). Whites going yellow or gray is not becoming "dingy". That yellow/grey is the natural color of cotton. The white comes from processes applied before they are put up for sale. Gerber and Curity prefolds have a tint to them and will not whiten as did many of the adult diapers I used to see; especially bird'seye

Here's a little "Sheldon Cooper"-like trivia:

Do you know that the word "SURFACTANT" is actually a contraction for "SURFace ACTive AgeNT" or surf'act'a'nt?

You should have asked that as a trivia question. Here is how they work

The suractant has a two-ended molecule. one end of which is "hydrophilic [attracts water]" and the other end of which is "hydrophobic [repels water]". The net result is that since they are part of the same molecule, they cannot get away from each other. Therefore the hydrophobic end grabs onto whatever it can on the surface of any object. This usually means dirt or oil. Now, in essence satified it goes limp and the hydrophilic end takes over and pulls the molecule, now clutching onto its non-water item, away and into the water, with the foreign object never to attach itself to any part of the surface that was once its home

The first of these detergents was every Ab/AK's favorite diaper cleaner https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreft

The smell of this product is so baby and little girl iconic and dreamy that it was used in the form of Blissfuls soluble scent beads in 

label.jpg