LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

DL Incontinence

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this. But I'll soon find out. 

What I wanted to find out from other is this. 

I am a DL I go through 24/7 and then nothing and then on and off. I suppose in a way it's the binge purge cycle in a way. Not that I like to think of it like that. I just have times I enjoy wearing nappies and fantasize going completely 24/7 and then there are times I just want to wear. 

But my point is. I have noticed for a long te now that whenever I have a nappy on its almost like Im Incontinent. Sure I feel the need to go but as I feel it I wet. I don't wet in floods. It's small amounts often. There are other times I only notice I have wet when I feel my nappy is wet and can't remember wetting.  Not often but it happens. 

When Im not wearing everything is normal. 

How would one class this? It not Incontinence of any type as far as I understand. I thought it was functional Incontinence. But it's not that either. 

I would love to hear from you if, 1. You experience the same thing as me and 2. Do you think it's a type of Incontinence? 

For the record at this stage I'm not at all worried about it. In fact it's rather enjoyable not having to put any effort into making myself wet. 

• Like 1
I am a DL I go through 24/7 and then nothing and then on and off. I suppose in a way it's the binge purge cycle in a way. Not that I like to think of it like that. I just have times I enjoy wearing nappies and fantasize going completely 24/7 and then there are times I just want to wear. 
But my point is. I have noticed for a long te now that whenever I have a nappy on its almost like Im Incontinent. Sure I feel the need to go but as I feel it I wet. I don't wet in floods. It's small amounts often. There are other times I only notice I have wet when I feel my nappy is wet and can't remember wetting.  Not often but it happens. 
How would one class this? It not Incontinence of any type as far as I understand. I thought it was functional Incontinence. But it's not that either. 
I would love to hear from you if, 1. You experience the same thing as me and 2. Do you think it's a type of Incontinence? 
For the record at this stage I'm not at all worried about it. In fact it's rather enjoyable not having to put any effort into making myself wet. 
Hmm sounds like you are functionally incontinent

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

That happens to a lot of people including myself before transitioning to full-time wearing.  I think that people learn to trust their nappies and free up mental resources that usually regulate toileting to do other stuff.  I don't know whether this is because of being on diuretic medication, taking in too much caffeine, poor continence in general or diminished continence through years of occasional nappy-wearing but I eventually found myself doing mundane things like browsing the internet and then having really desperate urges to get to the toilet which was really inconvenient whilst just wearing regular underwear.  Nowadays it's much nicer to be able to keep my train of thought on track for longer periods of time without toilet-related distractions but the downside is that I would probably find the transition back to regular underwear very hard even after just five months away (didn't realise that it had been that long until just now!).

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Dlbychoice said:

I've been 24/7 for a bit over 13 months and my last unbroken "stint" has been going about 11 months, and is still going with no end in sight.  I've made ZERO effort to practice urinary continence for that long now and kept my bladder as empty as possible...

I'm well aware of the phenomenon you are talking about.  I'd nicknamed it my "drip and dribble zone".  I'd get into the space where I would micro-wet my diapers semi-automatically every few minutes.  Initially, this diaper use case would happen not that often and take some time to establish itself, usually after sitting quietly or laying in bed.  Now it happens pretty much every day, usually when I am sitting working (in bed at night, I don't remember much anymore).  If I'm deep enough in concentration, I will lose track of how much I have wet and when.  Sometimes I just feel it happening.  At all times I'm confident i could stop it if i thought about it and if I am disrupted (say I get up and walk around), it inevitably stops itself.

I don't think it's incontinence.  Rather, it's simply that I've learned to "leave the tap open" down their as it was and also to disregard the physiological signals that imminently prelude voiding, signals that normally I'd reflexively "clamp down" in response to in order to avoid urinating whilst sitting fully clothed.  The act of peeing certainly becomes effortless in this space, I can vouch for that though.

That's not to say that there may not be other physiological changes afoot that more closely resemble incontinence.  It's early days for me (a year isn't much it seems) but it seems that post-void-dripping that is outside of my control is starting to appear, I often don't remember wetting in bed at night and the other day, when I found myself peeing, on a rare whim I tried to stop and I could not.  I just finished in my nappy.  I'm not sure I even managed to slow the flow much.  That frankly was a bit of a shock.  Just like waking up in a wet nappy without remembering wetting it was a shock 6 months ago.

I'm of the opinion that true deterioration in control may well accompany prolonged periods of not practicing control (this is distinct from simply being diapered) and these deteriorate events only become obvious in retrospect.  You don't see them coming.  I have no insight into what my bladder range and urgency look like because for a year, I have tested neither.  I am considering some experiments in early April when I will have the house to myself and can measure as well as deal with any "consequences".

Of course, it's the internet and YMMV

IMHO you are nappy or diaper trained. As others have said here, you learn to trust you protection. I also believe our brains adapt to various situations, in that it knows when you have one on and when you don’t. My diaper goes on and I can be wet almost immediately without a thought.

in addition, the more I am wearing them, the easier and more frequent, urination increases. Choosing to stay in diaper mode for months or years, made me dependent and diapers. I got to the point that if I wasn’t diapered, I was sure to soon be in wet pants. I was able to reverse this back to continence but it took many months of concentration and determination to stay dry. Once I regained control, I was pleased I still have the choice whether I wear or not.  

With that said I am back in mine twenty four, seven, simply because it’s my choice and let’s face it, just darn comfortable!

• Like 2
IMHO you are nappy or diaper trained. As others have said here, you learn to trust you protection. I also believe our brains adapt to various situations, in that it knows when you have one on and when you don’t. My diaper goes on and I can be wet almost immediately without a thought.
in addition, the more I am wearing them, the easier and more frequent, urination increases. Choosing to stay in diaper mode for months or years, made me dependent and diapers. I got to the point that if I wasn’t diapered, I was sure to soon be in wet pants. I was able to reverse this back to continence but it took many months of concentration and determination to stay dry. Once I regained control, I was pleased I still have the choice whether I wear or not.  

With that said I am back in mine twenty four, seven, simply because it’s my choice and let’s face it, just darn comfortable!

I think ive reverted to diaper dependence but its my medication that causes my bladder incontinence i was reverting diaper dependent for bowels but i hated the clean up so ive usually tried to make it for number 2 but i have occasional accidents here and there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all for your responses. 

It sounds to me that it's the natural route that ones body goes through over a long time. 

I haven't actively trained to become nappy dependant. I have been of the opinion that if it happens it happens. I have not wanted to force myself to become nappy dependant in any way. But I will admit the thought has crossed my mind many, many times. When I go 24/7 I really do enjoy it. When I am 24/7 I consider myself incontinent. I suppose thats one of the many reasons as someone put it I'm functionally incontinent. Also when in the 24/7 frame of mind and changing my nappy or going for a shower and I feel the urge I just let it happen. The reason for this is that I feel if I truly want to experience Incontinence then it must be full on. If I'm out of my nappy for what ever reason and the urge happens I must wet myself. No excuses. This will probably overtime become more frequent and end me up in nappies permenantly, but as I said before I am taking things as they come. 

Yes I have had the fantasies all nappy lovers have of being permenantly in nappies. And yes I have wanted it at times but there are other times I don't. This is the reason I have taken the relaxed way of saying whatever happens, happens. Which makes me happy. 

I would add the phrase of circumstantial/situational conditioning. Just like we are different people in different circumstances and we have our “modes”, the same can be said for conditioning the body and mind to respond in a different/specific way to specific situations, and stimuli.

Think pavlov's dog as a general example. It’s not just the diaper but also the situation, body position, risk to being socially shunned, etc. the mind ignores the vast majority of stimuli that it receives- at least on the conscious level, and reacts to the stimuli it does receive differently in different situations.

It’s sometimes easy to forget that our bladder control is very different when we have other internal OT external stressors. We don’t activity /constantly perceive the stimuli that diapers create, such as the pressure of the groin, the hugging at the hips, the lack of airflow and constant warmth until our attention is drawn to it and we detect something is different or needs attention. For example going from a wet/warm diaper that “feels” pretty much dry, to a soaked diaper where our attention is drawn to the fact that “this is heavy and feels wet, time to think about getting it changed”.

During the change itself we are now literally exposing our nether regions to air and that has a completely different conditioned response. In incontinence training (rather than diaper training, which is assumed to already be more/less accomplished) the goal is to extend the conditioning already achieved no matter what stimuli or circumstances the body sends to the brain. Effectively the jump is from conditioning to use a diaper, when present, to voiding at all times without conscious effort or distraction;automatically.

Sometimes this occurs due to atrophy, but sometimes it is simply due to a switch in the brain’s default mode to just release at all times. Just like when first starting out, but on the opposite end of the spectrum. Instead of clamping down at the first sign of pressure until we can find an appropriate place to void (the goal of potty training and for most, the default mode of the brain as adults) the default mode of the brain gets switched back to pre potty training days.

Funny thing about the brain is that those neuro patterns that were conditioned from birth to potty training didn’t get overwritten, they still exist but are weak and not the default pattern to use. Diaper and In incontinence training are simply tapping into those patterns or strengthening them, sometimes to the point that the default pattern to use is fully switched, and we once again have the same issues (stimuli/response patterns) we had at the beginning of potty training.

I would call what your experiencing and this experience in general “conditioned incontinence”.

6 hours ago, BlakeJordan said:

I would add the phrase of circumstantial/situational conditioning. Just like we are different people in different circumstances and we have our “modes”, the same can be said for conditioning the body and mind to respond in a different/specific way to specific situations, and stimuli.

Think pavlov's dog as a general example. It’s not just the diaper but also the situation, body position, risk to being socially shunned, etc. the mind ignores the vast majority of stimuli that it receives- at least on the conscious level, and reacts to the stimuli it does receive differently in different situations.

It’s sometimes easy to forget that our bladder control is very different when we have other internal OT external stressors. We don’t activity /constantly perceive the stimuli that diapers create, such as the pressure of the groin, the hugging at the hips, the lack of airflow and constant warmth until our attention is drawn to it and we detect something is different or needs attention. For example going from a wet/warm diaper that “feels” pretty much dry, to a soaked diaper where our attention is drawn to the fact that “this is heavy and feels wet, time to think about getting it changed”.

During the change itself we are now literally exposing our nether regions to air and that has a completely different conditioned response. In incontinence training (rather than diaper training, which is assumed to already be more/less accomplished) the goal is to extend the conditioning already achieved no matter what stimuli or circumstances the body sends to the brain. Effectively the jump is from conditioning to use a diaper, when present, to voiding at all times without conscious effort or distraction;automatically.

Sometimes this occurs due to atrophy, but sometimes it is simply due to a switch in the brain’s default mode to just release at all times. Just like when first starting out, but on the opposite end of the spectrum. Instead of clamping down at the first sign of pressure until we can find an appropriate place to void (the goal of potty training and for most, the default mode of the brain as adults) the default mode of the brain gets switched back to pre potty training days.

Funny thing about the brain is that those neuro patterns that were conditioned from birth to potty training didn’t get overwritten, they still exist but are weak and not the default pattern to use. Diaper and In incontinence training are simply tapping into those patterns or strengthening them, sometimes to the point that the default pattern to use is fully switched, and we once again have the same issues (stimuli/response patterns) we had at the beginning of potty training.

I would call what your experiencing and this experience in general “conditioned incontinence”.

HI Blake

I have read some of your other posts on here

You are very insightful and I respect that. Thank you for your comments. 

I wouldn't say my muscles have atrophied, it's more like as you say conditioned incontinence or as another mentioned functional incontinence. I think more so the first instance. 

I think I may have said it already but having that type of conditioning is enjoyable. It's already hard to be Nappy Lover and wearing nappies. Even though I have fully accepted that I am a nappy lover. Now having to put a lot of focus and effort into using nappies for the intended purpose to in a way justify wearing nappies is even harder. Getting to the point where I wet my nappy with either no effort at all or not even noticing the wetting makes it so much better and easier. It sort of makes me think and admit to myself that I am incontinent in some way or the other. 

On a side note. I find that when I am in a nappy I feel more thirsty and drink a lot more. Probably a conditioning as well.