LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A New Start - Priv with LilGirlLya

groveoflove

Fern woke up exactly like he had been doing every day for the last few weeks. Curled up in a crib in a dimension full of oversized people who all felt it was necessary to treat anyone smaller than them as toddlers or babies. Or the way you were just supposed to treat ‘littles’ in their own logic. Didn’t make sense to him, but he’d given up on trying to reason with any of the ‘amazons’. It didn’t achieve anything, so Fern was starting to stop seeing the point of it all. Wasn’t like anyone listened. 

That, of course, included the amazon that had adopted him, Rachel, or ‘Mommy’ as she’d prefer to be called. Not that Fern called her that unless he had to, and even then he wasn’t going to mean it. 

It was one of the only small pointless things he could stay stubborn on. He didn’t fight or cry or try to run off like he’d seen other littles try, he just wouldn’t put any feeling into anything. He was already resigned to not being able to escape his current treatment, but that didn’t mean he had to pretend to be happy and sweet about it. Rachel wasn’t getting anything from this relationship but a sullen withdrawen little. He knew she’d get bored of it eventually. Everyone did. 

(Of course, then she might just send him back to the orphanage.)

So, it was the usual thoughts buzzing around his head as he woke up, sitting up in the crib. He sighed, scooting closer to the bars so he could at least look at the ground. That way he could distract himself before doing the still embarrassing task of wetting his diaper. That was something that felt like it was never going to get easier, it just felt so humiliating.

Once done that he had nothing to do but sit there and wait for Rachel to come get him ready for the morning. Maybe he could get her to go with shorts today. Just anything but a dress, anything else. He’d end up feeling awful the entire day, and not be able to do anything about it. Wouldn’t really even be Rachel’s fault, after all she just  believed she’d adopted a little girl

He rested his head on his knees as he waited, resigned for another day.

• Like 1

Waking up to with the late morning sun on her face as opposed to the trill of an alarm clock was something Rachel was going to miss. Ever since adopting her little Maddie she'd been able to take advantage of parental leave from her job at the New Start littles Center. She stretched in bed and kicked off the covers. She heard no sound coming from the new baby monitor beside her bed. Rachel smiled gently, she finally had a little of her own. Just thinking how less than a month ago she was still on her own was in a way amusing. She'd wanted a little for the longest time but it was never the right time to get one. After laying eyes on Maddie though after she was brought back to the center, she was in love. Sure, Maddie was a problem little, but that didn't matter. If anyone could reach a problem little it was her.

Still, she was troubled a bit by Maddie. Rachel had looked over her file and found that the little girl had been in a few homes already but hadn't taken to any of them. Of course most of them were off the street abductions, nothing too uncommon, but a few were adoptions from the center to promising parents and still reports were the same. A sullen, passive little. Hypnosis had even been attempted before but Maddie's sheer passivity and resignation seemed to keep it from taking. One of the things she'd learned about little care back in medical school was hypnosis worked well for maintaining a little's mental age, but regression was another story. The little had to be accepting or resisting for the attempts to find purchase, but from all accounts, Maddie's indifference may be the reason she still had her big girl brain.

That was fine with Rachel though, at least to a degree. A little was a little to be sure, but they were still little people and she always said when she had one of her own she wouldn't be another mindless little pooping machine fixated on a Naomi and Oliver screen. She shuddered. Limiting screen time was one of the few things the other dimension may have gotten right on childcare. Rachel took the monitor from the bedside table and went downstairs to the kitchen, stopping slightly just outside her little girls bedroom door. Just some rustling and silence, little girl might be just waking up or still deep in dreamland. Either way, she had enough time to brew a nice cup of morning coffee and scroll through her phone, checking news and social media. Becoming a mommy had led to treasure these moments in a way she hadn't since she got a house of her own. It was sort of like having a roommate again, albeit this time a tiny one. She smiled at the idea, utterly content with her life in her nice house with a job as a pediatrician waiting for her once her leave was up. Content with her little. As she scrolled, she saw photos of friends with their littles. Such happy families, she wished she had photos of her and Maddie. Perhaps they'd do something together today. The park maybe if the weather held up. Anything to get a photo of her little girl with a smile.

She rinsed the cup out when finished and left it setting in the sink while making up a bottle of formula for her baby. When she was confident it was the right temperature, she made her way back upstairs , stepping over the five foot tall baby gate in front of the door to the sanctuary of pink that was her little ladies bed room. She smiled at the sight of her kiddo, even if Maddie wasn't enjoying her life here yet, it was only a matter of time, and besides today was a new day. 'Every Day a New Start' she thought happily, recalling the motto of her workplace.

"Good morning princesses, did you have a sweet dreams?" She fished a hand into the gap between her daughters thigh and onesie, two fingers pressing into the padding of her diaper. "Oh my, you are so soaked. No wonder you've got such a pouty face on. Come on, lets get you fresh and clean and we can dress up for the day. Do you want your bottle first or a diaper change and get dressed all pretty first?"

• Like 1

Fern didn’t let his expression change at the sight of his ‘Mommy’, keeping the same disinterested on. From what he’d learned of amazons, they wanted two things from littles; a cheerful giggling baby or a screaming resisting adult that they could have fun winning in ‘regressing’ them. So, he did neither. He didn’t smile, but he sure didn’t cry either. 

”Bottle.” Fern sighed, sitting back. Going just off of Rachel’s words, he guessed it was going to be a pretty or cute outfit today, and he might as well at least try to delay that. Though, a change did sound nice. Wasn’t like it was fun to sit in your own pee filled diaper. As he waited, he resisted the urge to restlessly chew on one of his fingertips, a nervous habit that had yet to be broken by any pacifers or anything else. From this dimension, or his old one. But it had always been embarrassing, though you’d think he’d stop caring about being embarrassed by this point.

Again, he wondered why Rachel had kept him for as long as she’d had. It wasn’t like he was any fun or charming, or anything you’d want in a ‘daughter’. He wasn’t even sure he fit into what really seemed to be considered cute here, no big blue eyes and his tight curls usually looked more like a mess than the pretty ringlets he’d seen on a lot of other little ‘girls’. Wasn’t as scrawny and tired looking now as he was in the other dimension, he guessed. Though he’d always been on the small side for his age. 

So, he wasn’t fully sure what Rachel thought she was getting from all this. Maybe it’ll just look bad if a pediatrician ended up returning a little they’d adopted. But she’d give up at some point, he knew it.

• Like 1

"OK sweetheart. Lets get you a bottle and some breakfast then. They we can get you dressed. I was thinking of a mommy-daughter day? Maybe go somewhere and have some fun?" Rachel smiles as she asks but at the lack of response, she pauses. She places a hand against Maddie's forehead. She frowns. "Well, no fever. Do you not feel well baby?" Rachel slips the bottle into her girls mouth and sits down in the rocking chair beside the crib. "I know it can be scary, going out for the first time after being adopted. You still think like a big girl and I understand that. Where your from they thought you were one and treated you like one. I know you're scared, but you need to see that it's a wonderful thing to be a little, baby girl." Rachel muses quietly as Maddie rhythmically drinks down the bottle. It's a sweet sound to her ears.

Rachel did a second diaper check but found it much the way she had previously. The only change was that the urine in the seat of Maddie's diaper was cooler than before. That disappointed Rachel a bit. Maddie was still clinging to her potty training, she knew that, but was hoping that the girl may have had a wet night. Of course there were hypnosis tapes she was hoping to avoid them. The best way to not harm a little was to ease them in, make them want regression. Some amazons still held onto the authoritarian discipline and forced regression their parents had drilled into them, but more often than not, that's what led to unhappy, rebellious littles. Pushing them to hard is why littles tried to escape and got themselves lost or hurt. Still, compared to the lack progress her authoritative style and simple regression choices had produced, she wondered if against all data there might be something to that. In the more immediate sense, she was disappointed that the diaper was still only just wet. Poor little thing was too proud or shy to go poopy and would just need another change later because of it. Oh well, littles...

"I wish you'd tell me what the matter was princess." Rachel said, out loud but still mostly to herself, as the small girl finished up with her bottle. A burp cloth went over her shoulder before Rachel brought her baby there too. "Ooh goodness, that was LOUD!", she said playfully and quickly ticked Maddie's tummy through her onesie. "OK precious girl, lets get some solids in that tummy too, huh? Maybe we can both get some cereal? Then change that yucky diaper and go to the park? We don't have to go for long, but I think you'll have fun with the other littles there. Now, before we go, do you want to help me pick out your clothes for the day?" Rachel goes to the closet and rummages around until finding two outfits, a blue playdress with yellow, pink, and white heart clusters and and a lilac shortall set over a white tee shirt? "What does my princess think looks cutest for today?"

• Like 1

Fern was glad at least he wasn’t expected to answer while he was drinking, though he still wasn’t fond of the formula. Milk wasn’t really his drink of choice. He’d never gotten into drinking drinking, but he did miss more ‘grown-up’ drinks like soda.

Of course, he didn’t offer up a response once he was done the bottle either, just shrugging and staring sullenly at the ground. What wasn’t the matter? Most of it had to be obvious. And well, the thing that wasn’t obvious, she wouldn’t care. No one ever did. Or worse, she would care, in a way he very much wanted to avoid. He’d had enough of that in the old dimension, thank you, and he imagined it wouldn’t be better here. This world seemed obsessed with everything being ‘girly’.

”...The shortalls.” Fern said after a moment, fighting to keep his frown on as Rachel tickled him. He was unsure of how he felt about going out. On one hand, looking at anything that wasn’t the pink nursery walls sounded nice, but on the other he didn’t really want to go interact with other littles. He’d never gotten along really well with other kids his age in school, and that had continued with the other littles at the center. Seeing them was rather depressing, honestly. They were all either brainwashed babies or unhappy captive adults. 

"Oh, I might be wrong but I think I just saw a cute little girl smile at me!" Rachel chimed as she finished up ticking her little. "Ok then, we'll get you dressed all pretty when we finish breakfast. We'll go to the park until it's naptime then and you can play with all the other littles and amazon kids too." Rachel carried her baby girl down stairs and sat her into the white highchair that had found a permanent place beside the kitchen table where she took her meals. Maybe one day she'd pay to have a high chair installed but for now, this would do. Rachel fastened the tray in place and made sure her little was snug before turning back to the refrigerator and getting cereal for herself and Maddie. It was a simple oat cereal shaped into ring shapes. Not her favorite but it was healthy enough and it was finger food for littles so she supposed it would do for the both of them. A small bowel was placed on the tray of the chair along with a small sippy cup of apple juice. "Maddie, are you feeling like sort of a big girl today?" she asked, and followed up without leaving the little with a chance to respond, "go ahead and show me what a big little I have by eating up all your cereal so we can go?"

She finished up her bowl and added milk before sitting in one of the real chairs at the table, keeping a close eye on her little girl. "So baby, are you excited to get out and go play?" Predictably, there was no response. "Come on, hun. I wanted a verbal little for a reason. Talk to me, what do you want to do when we go out? What did you like to play back when you lived in the other dimension?"

• Like 1

Fern sighed again, reluctantly beginning to pick at the cereal. He’d prefer to not eat at all, but he knew refusing just meant Rachel would feed him herself. And it wasn’t like he got to do ‘big girl’ things often. Of course, he hadn’t been given a spoon, so he’d have to use his hands to pick up the cereal.

As Rachel kept pressing for answers, he watched her carefully as he slowly nibbled on a piece of cereal. “I was eighteen. I didn’t really play.” Fern said shortly, a rare long answer from him. If he was being honest, he’d like to see some of the animals in this world. Despite himself, he couldn’t help but feel curious on the wildlife here. Human here were very different, were animals too? But it was just a dumb interest he had. “...I watched movies and played video games.”

"18 huh? Now, that's grown up over in your dimension right? Or at least what they think grown up is." she corrected herself, she didn't know how much she wanted to humor Maddie with the idea of being an adult because she wasn't one. Still, her little was talking and that made her happy. Maybe she was seeing some progress after all. "So no playing at all huh? That must have been boring.  can put some games on my phone but I'd rather keep your screen time to a minimum. Even educational stuff made for little brains has a lot of messages in it. I think we both want you bring and happy and not all zoned out to a screen. You should try it again now that you're here." Rachel got a thought, she wasn't sure if it was responsible to discuss something so high concept with a little, but maybe it would help Maddie relax and learn to enjoy herself in her new home. "You know, when I went to college we had a theory on why some people from your world are littles. Our best idea is if someone is a little here, they've always been a little, even in the other world. Just something about your dimension keeps it from showing through. Neat huh? Its just a theory but I sort of like it. It makes things make a lot more sense that just being totally random. Do you think you were a little back home? I've never asked a little that who still had their big kid smarts."

Rachel finished up her breakfast, talking to Maddie and leaving room for any responses as she went. Once everything was finished and it looked like Maddie wasn't going to eat anymore she washed up. She looked at her phone still on the table before going to the sink. She thought about maybe pulling up her music app and finding a playlist for littles. Nothing too regressive, but more calming than anything, just to make Maddie pliable enough to go with the flow and enjoy her day out. She thought better of it. No, if Maddie was going to be talkative on her own she was going to respect that. She wanted Maddie to adapt more to being her little girl before having to go back to work, but there were still a few weeks to go until that happened. Once everything was rinsed and put away, she walked back over to Maddie.

"OK sweetie, time to get dressed all cute." Rachel unsnapped the onesie between her girls legs and checked her, "now lets see, is Maddie still just wet or has she went ahead and done a poppy for mommy?"

• Like 1

Fern didn’t really get the question, the point of it or the general meaning. Littles just seemed to be regular people but small from what he’d seen. He’d always been on the small scrawny size, but he wasn’t really sure if that meant anything or not. But, even though he was a little curious now if there was supposedly actual differences between ‘littles’ and humans back home, he wasn’t going to show any interest in Rachel’s questions. He didn’t really like thinking about his old life anyway, it made him feel..weird. He shrugged instead, pushing his half full bowl away. “I’m done, I’m not hungry.”

Once Rachel took the dishes away to wash, he sat back and waited, going back into short noncommittal answers as she chattered away. Distractedly, he slipped his index finger into his mouth, idly chewing on the tip of it, only sighing as Rachel went over to check his diaper. What was the point of asking if she was just going to check anyway? 

He hadn’t, of course. No way he was doing that anywhere in anyone’s sight. It was bad enough when he had to wet it around Rachel. And the way he saw it, choosing when to actually mess or wet his diaper was one of the few things he did have control over now, and he’d prefer to keep it that way. 

"Well, not stinky yet. You shouldn't hold it in Maddie, it's bad for your tummy," Rachel gently chided. "Oh well, let's get you dressed, I'll just have to bring some extra diapers for my little girl, won't I?" Rachel carried Maddie in her arms to the nursery and placed her gently on the changing table. Like most of the room's furniture it was white wood like pink and rose gold accents. It was very simple but nice, and despite the smell emanating from the diaper pail, air fresheners provided a clean smell to the room. Natural light from a high window (too high to be easily accessible by a little of course) lit up the dust particles that hung in the air and lit up the room even with the lights out. Changing her babies diaper wasn't the most pleasant thing about having a little, but it was hardly a chore for her. As a pediatrician, she cleaned up dozens if not hundreds of littles but it was different with Maddie. She gave a quick tickle of one of Maddie's feet to try and coax out any last squirts but if the little girl was trying to hold onto her potty training like she thought, then Rachel didn't expect her to leak out anymore. She quickly untaped Maddie's diaper and set to work, the old diaper was fairly pungent after being on Maddie for so long but it didn't phase Rachel. After wiping her and placing a new diaper beneath Maddie's bottom, she balled up the old one and tossed it in the pail, before bring the new one snug up between Maddie's thighs and securing it around her little hips. "OK princess, all clean. Now, about those clothes."

Rachel lifted Maddie from the table and placed her on the floor, taking the little girls hand and led her over to the closet. She found the shortalls from earlier. "Here we go, now off with this onesie hear. Oh no! Were's Maddie?" she teased as the onesie went over her girls face, "there she is!" The tee shirt went over her head next, "arms up like a superhero! Good girl! Now step in, please." She held out the shortalls for Maddie to step into before fastening the straps. "All done! Hold on, just one more thing." Rachel found a jewelry box on a shelf in the closet and fished out a cute little flower hairclip. Maddie must have been partial to short hair so sometimes when they were out people confused her for a boy. Rachel couldn't imagine how hard that had to be for the girl. Even littles develop a concept of gender identity fairly young she'd learned so being mistaken for a boy had to just make a hard adjustment worse. "There we go, one absolutely beautiful babygirl if I do say so myself."

"So princess, do you want to play in the living room and maybe watch some TV or play games before we go to the park, or do you want to go now and you can take your nap there?"

• Like 1

While being changed, Fern did his best to ignore it, staring off at a wall as he waited for it to be over. He might be resigned to not being able to do anything to stop it, but that didn’t erase how embarrassed and gross inside it made him feel. It was the same when getting bathed or being dressed, it just made him feel awful, and he’d usually slip into one of his sullen silent moods after. 

The patronizing babytalk he could bear with only an eye roll as he stepped into the shortalls and held his arms up. He was used to that, and if Rachel wanted to amuse herself by doing it, he wouldn’t throw a fit over it. But, of course, she couldn’t leave it at that, and had to stick the stupid hairclip in. It was bad enough his curly hair was growing longer than he’d liked, and he knew he wasn’t going to be getting his hands on scissors any time soon to do his usual choppy trim. 

He frowned, pulling away from Rachel, as a hand went up to touch the clip. “I don’t li-“ Fern started, before cutting himself off with a sigh. Wasn’t like he had a choice, so his personal opinion didn’t matter. He was fairly certain Rachel didn’t even know his favorite color, which most definitely wasn’t any shade of pink or purple. He dropped his hand, shrugging as he went back to staring sulkily at the ground. “I don’t care. The park, I guess.” Least there he could ‘accidentally’ lose the clip, and wouldn’t be roped into some boring baby game.

• Like 1

"What's the matter baby? Did it pull your hair? Do you want another hair thing?" Rachel checked to make sure the clip was affixed to tightly. It didn't appear to be pulling any of Maddie's hair so she wasn't sure why she was pouting over it. "Do you want to choose something else?" Rachel asked offering the small jewelry box to Maddie.

After a few moments of stubborn sullen silence, Fern finally sighed. He looked into the jewelry box, and of course he didn’t find anything in it really appealing. Not only was it mostly all cutesy girly, it was also very obviously all jewelry meant for a toddler or a small girl. 

“I don’t like jewelry.” Fern said finally, voicing a rare opinion, making his stomach feel a bit nervous. But it was fine, plenty of ‘girls’ didn’t like jewelry, and with his choppy short hair and oversized clothing, people just usually took him as a tomboy in the other dimension. Which so far he had gotten nothing with here in this world.

Fern frowned, biting on the tip of his index finger. Why did she have to keep pushing it? “I just don’t like it, okay?” He answered, a hint of an upset edge to his voice. “Why do I have to have a reason for everything?”

"Maddie! There is no need to be such a mouthy girl!" Rachel was shocked at the outburst, Maddie was normally such a quiet child and she'd yet to hear an outburst like this one. "Do I need to put you in timeout little miss?" Rachel picked up here girl and took her downstairs into the living room. A play pen was set up in the middle of the room where a glass coffee table had been before she started sharing her home with a little.

"I think you might need some time to calm down little one. Now, Mommy is going to go get ready and get dressed, you stay put and think about what you did because if you back talk like that again then I think you might need to spend some time in the corner. Rachel walked over to the couch to get a small, littles tablet with a pink and white rubberized exterior. Here, we'll count this toward your screen time for later but right now I think you need something to calm you down." Rachel opened up the YouTube littles app found 'Calm Down Playlists for littles: girls' on the front page and selected it. She preferred limiting screen time since too much of it turned littles into babies that lacked any trace of their previous selves, still it was occasionally necessary. They weren't adults after all, even littles given a bit more respect like Maddie were still just littles.

"There," she handed the tablet to Maddie. "Watch some videos while I finish up. I hope you'll be in a less grumpy mood when I get back. If you don't want to watch videos there are a few games on there and if you're behavior improves we can get a few more on there too."

• Like 1

Fern felt a rush of frustration as Rachel picked him up, holding back another remark. What did she want? She’d been pushing him to talk all morning, and once he actually did, she got upset. What did she want from him?

”Whatever, I don’t care.” Fern turned away from her, still sounding upset and annoyed. Fine, if he was just going to get scolded for it, he’d go right back to not talking. Now determined to ignore anything else Rachel was going to say, he turned his attention to the tablet. He didn’t really have any real interest in it, he had a feeling any videos or games on it weren’t going to be anything really appealing to him, but it gave him something to do with his hands. He chewed on the side of his index finger, aimlessly scrolling through the playlist before just picking a random video.

Rachel turned on her shower for the morning and hoped that by the time she was back Maddie would have calmed down. What had gotten into her today? She doesn't talk and closes herself off and just sulks and then gets all bratty when you try to engage with her. Rachel was frustrated but a warm shower helped her work through her frustration. Maddie was still fairly new to this dimension and had been abandoned a few times already. Of course she was stand offish for her own mental sake. As unsatisfying as it was, Rachel was just going to have to support Maddie by keeping present and showing that she wasn't going to go away.

Still, the little girl didn't make it easy. She couldn't understand why Maddie would be such a fussy kid about a hair clip. If Maddie were anyone elses little she would have earned herself not just a spanking, but probably many more hair clips and mittens to keep her from fidgeting with them. That's not what Maddie needed, she needed to feel safe and loved, but Rachel conceded that more traditional little rearing techniques were tempting. No, she couldn't start thinking that. She wanted a happy little, not an obedient shell of one. Still, she didn't understand. It was such a fuss over a pretty flower.

Rachel got out, dried off and did her hair and makeup for the day before getting dressed in jeans and light top. It was a nice, no frills outfit for a morning at the park, she might even be able to get some shopping done in town if Maddie's behavior had started to improve. She made a stop into the kitchen after leaving her room, to pack a sippy cup of water for Maddie and prepared another bottle of little formula as well before packing both and filling the diaper bag with snacks. She would need to make one more stop into Maddie's room for some diapers to be fully ready, but rather than going directly there, she detoured through the living room to check on her little girl. Hopefully the subliminal cues in the videos would have made Maddie a little bit more agreeable by now.

Fern wasn’t fully sure why he felt so upset over the entire thing, it really had been a light scolding compared to what he’d had from previous ‘parents’ here, and his actual one. It was just so frustrating, frustrating all the time. And stupid. Even if he knew how to explain how a dumb little hairpin made him feel so bad and nasty inside, all wrong and gross, it was like anyone was going to care. Because it was so stupid he couldn’t have just been a normal happy girl, and instead had to be some weird make believe boy. And here he couldn’t even pick clothes he actually liked that didn’t make him feel gross whenever anyone looked at him. 

But now he felt even more upset, and Fern had long since made a promise to never let anyone see him cry, even just a little, so he turned his attention to the stupid video. On the few times he’d seen ‘little’ shows here, they all seemed overly bright and colorful with only very loose ‘plots’ or stories. If they even had that. This one didn’t seem any different, the very vague plot he’d managed to get seemed to be about some girl bunny and kitten, but as bored as he was, he couldn’t seem to turn it off or put the pad down.

Absentmindedly he began to suck on his finger rather than his usual nervous chewing, fidgeting around as he felt his diaper grow a bit warm. He felt a slight pang of unease as he continued to watch, he did know a lot of these shows had some weird brainwashing side to them, everyone in this world knew that much. But he guessed he hadn’t thought Rachel would try to slip that onto him after her fuss about it this morning. And yet, he didn’t feel upset over it, and even his earlier frustration seemed much less right now. Much more silly. Now he just felt calm and oddly mellow.

"Hey there Baby, you liking your videos?" Rachel cooed down to Maddie before lifting her out of the playpen. "Such a happy girl now, but I think we need to turn off the video for now, that's enough screen for today. Come on, lets pack you up a diaper bag and get going, how does that sound?" Rachel carried the now much more agreeable little with her to the nursery, "OK, before we get all packed let me check you out," Rachel unsnapped the legs of her shortalls and felt inside, sure enough the contents of Maddie's morning bottle and sippy had found their way into her diaper. "Good thing we checked, huh princess? Let's get you clean before we go." Rachel made quick work of Maddie's diaper change this time, not lingering as much as she had earlier in the day. "I'm glad you're more relaxed now than before, I bet you feel better too? We don't want to give you too much screen time but sometimes that subliminal hypnosis, even grownup stuff has those messages sometimes, although it just helps us unwind or focus whereas it helps little girls like yourself just be happy little balls of sunshine."

Once Maddie's diaper was changed and her bag packed, Rachel sat the little girl up. "Now princess, before we go I think we both have something to say to each other. Now, I'm sorry for not asking you if you wanted pretty hairclips. I thought, and still think, they look pretty on you, but if you don't like them that's OK too. So now, I've told you I'm sorry. Do you have anything to say about your little outburst earlier before we go?" Rachel locked eyes with Maddie awaiting a response.

• Like 1

Fern, who ordinarily held himself very stiffly when carried or when otherwise touched, let himself relax for once as Rachel picked him up. Usually, it made him feel wary and vaguely nervous, but it didn’t feel so bad this time. “Okay.” He said softly, sticking his finger back into his mouth. He didn’t feel as embarrassed either when Rachel changed him, still feeling more agreeable. Though, while he felt more happy, he still didn’t really feel like talking much, but it was more of a content silence then his usual sullen one.

He did have a small smile on his face as Rachel sat him up, though it falter just a tiny bit at the usual princess nickname. He ducked his head as she kept talking, sucking on his finger, as she said sorry to him. That was weird, wasn’t it? No one ever really meant any apologies to him, if they ever gave them out. But he found he really couldn’t focus on being mistrustful of her words right now, he felt much too agreeable to do that right now. She had said it after all. He glanced back up at her, squirming a bit. “‘m sorry too.”

"Thank you Maddie, that means a lot that you would apologize. Now then, with that behind us I think it's time to go have some fun, what do you say?" Rachel shouldered the diaper bag on one arm and supported Maddie in her arms, carrying her out of the house and to the car. Maddie had a brand new five point seat that Rachel fastened her securely into, before giving her a light 'boop' on the nose with her finger and flashing a smile at her. Rachel placed a sippy cup in the cup holder. "Here you go baby, in case you get thirsty. Oh, one other thing." Rachel pulled a pacifier out from the diaper bag. It was a familiar one, white with pink accents and large enough to occupy the mouth of the little. A clip was attached to a multicolored strap designed to attach to Maddie's shortalls. "Now Maddie," Rachel said taking a bit more of a serious tone, "it's better for your teeth to use this rather than your fingers so I want you to try your paci today. I know those fingers are a habit but they're not a good one. Plus, you don't want to get your hands yucky at the park and then put them in your mouth. Now I want you to listen, I bought your paci clip before your outburst today so yes, it does have pretty flowers on it and now I know that makes you all fussy. But if you don't get fussy with me about using the clip today, then on the way home we can go and you came pick out a new paci clip. If you're really good, we can look at a toy too. Can you be a good girl for me today and do this Maddie?"

Fern couldn’t help a small giggle as Rachel tapped his nose, shyly ducking his head. He was a bit less happy with the pacifier and clip, especially after seeing it was yet another pretty ‘girly’ one, but he accepted it nevertheless. Pacifiers were one of the lesser offensive baby objects tossed his way ever since he’d got here, so he guessed it was fine. “Okay, Rachel.” He sighed, dropping his hand from his mouth. He still felt okayish at the moment, so being good didn’t seem that hard right now.

"I think you mean 'Mommy' kiddo." Rachel popped the pacifier in her mouth. "No worries though, if anything you being so relaxed tells me you're still having a hard time with that. That's OK, we've got a long time to be Mommy and baby, don't we?" Now that Maddie was in a better mood, it made things much easier for Rachel as well. The park wasn't far, luckily her city invested in quite a few so it was never more than a few miles from one, but it gave her enough time to turn on the radio and encourage Maddie to sing along with some of the more innocuous top 40 songs. The subliminal signals in the music gave her a mood boost after a rough morning and an energy boost she knew that she'd need once Maddie really started playing.

The park area that she chose was one fairly far back from the entrance. The little playspace was centrally located in the park, probably because some new littles still got rambunctious and went off on their own, some of them to try and escape even. For their safety it was best to keep them from the road. For littles Maddie's age, the best things for her to do might be the sandpit or a small playhouse where some other littles were already playing. The occupants of both appeared to maybe be a bit older than Maddie but not much. Two little girls were playing in the house and a little boy in the sandpit. "OK Maddie, we're here!" Rachel sing-songed, she took her time getting Maddie's stroller out of the back of the car before sitting her girl into the seat. The diaper bag went in the back and Rachel pushed the stroller up the path to the playground, finding a seat on one of the benches.

"OK sweetheart, I don't think we need sunscreen today, it's not too hot out. Do you want to play with the other littles in the house or the sandpit? Or maybe Mommy can push you in the babyswing or help you on the little slide over there? Oh, before we do anything," Rachel pulled her phone out of her purse, "Say Hi to Aunt May baby" Rachel said as she snapped a selfie of the two of them before sending it off to her younger sister.