LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How to change your diaper

Vernet

Hello 

Well I want to ask how to chage your diaper by yourself. I'n a diaper lover but I've never wore one and if someday I can do it I want to know how to change it alone, if is with pee or poop or both.

So how do you guys do it?

I would be so grateful if you could help me

Thank you

Self-diapering is a bit of an art, to be sure. I haven't had help putting one on since I was a kid, so it's part of my daily routine, needless to say. How it's done depends on where you're doing it and what kind of diaper you're putting on. If it's a cloth diaper, and this is your first go at it, be prepared to practice a few times before you get it right - think of it like learning to parallel park. 

In my world, whenever I can, I try to put a diaper on in a space where I can lie down to do it. I'd love to be able to do it in bed, but I'm still not completely at ease with putting one on directly in front of my wife, so I tend to do it in the bathroom - we have about a 6-foot fluffy bath mat in front of the tub that works well. I'll lie down so I'm sitting on the diaper, roughly in the middle, then bring the front over, then bring the top tapes from the rear around front as far as they'll go, fasten them, then straighten my leg on one side and fasten the lower tape or tapes (if it's a multi-tape diaper, which most are), then do the same on the other side, then stand up and adjust as necessary, also running a finger around the leg cuffs at the back to make sure they're seated out as wide as they can be. 

This can also be done while standing, for example in a stall in a public washroom, where contact with surfaces is ideally kept to an absolute minimum. You fan the diaper open, fold it lengthwise down the middle, thread it between your legs, and then hold it in place between your legs while you fiddle with bringing the rear up and around to the sides, and then you pull the front up and start taping. Usually you have to fiddle more doing it this way than you would when lying down.

Taking it off isn't very complicated if it's just wet - you release the tabs, but keep hold of the diaper at the front and the back - don't let it flop about, because sometimes a long-worn diaper could be shedding fluff or polymer beads from a spot where the lining meets the backing, that has been pulled apart. If there's anything else in there, this advice is obviously even more important. Indeed, on the rare occasion when "that" happens (and I don't prefer doing "that" in my diaper, but for some it can't be helped, and for some, it's preferred, and I don't judge!), I will actually go into my shower stall to remove the works and bag it, because bits of the, uh, debris, are often clinging to you in odd places, and can randomly succumb to gravity once the diaper is out from down under. So, I like being in a giant ceramic box that I can scrub with cleaner when I'm done, rather than, say, standing over a carpet, or seated in a car. 

You can avoid most of this by going with a pull-up style diaper, but I haven't found one of those yet that can match the fit of a tape-on diaper when it has been put on correctly, and, anyway, pull-ups didn't exist when I was a kid, so tape-on diapers are to my preference, presumably because that's what I wore. 

Good luck and happy diapering. 

• Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, incondl said:

I find it odd that you said you’ve never worn a diaper before but are a DL and you don’t know how to put one on. I don’t know.... maybe it’s just me.

Just a guess but maybe the OP is referring to cloth after using disposables in the past.  Cloth is definitely a different skill to master.

Yeah, it you're switching from disposables to cloth, that's a bit of a shift. It took me a bit of experimenting to figure out that I actually needed to layer a cloth diaper with a soaker panel or two  

My preference is for flat diapers. I had to learn how to fold them to make efficient use of the fabric, and which fold would suit my waist size.

It might help us give better advice if we knew whether you are thinking of

• flat diapers, or
  • pre-fold diapers

Beyond that, Google is your friend.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...