stevewet

Do you wet the bed  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wet the bed

• In your sleep
    • deliberately
    • both

Are you a bedwetter?

I wet the bed every night I wear nappies and plastic pants and my bed is protected by a fitted mattress cover and a washable bed pad. I seldom wake dry in the morning and always sleep though my nightly bedwetting.

• Haha 1

Yep, I’m a bed-wetter and proud of it.

Including this morning I’ve woke up wet with no memory of the incident(s) the last 9 mornings and 19 of the last 20.

(Don’t know if a voting option can be added, but after asking the question it seems to me the poll needs an option for folks that don’t wet the bed.)

I've been back in nappies full-time since the end of September and daren't go without them now.  But it's still quite rare for me to wake up with a damp nappy on and not remember waking up to perform the dampening.  It has happened but only occasionally.  It's odd because sometimes I sleep really well even when my neighbours are making a lot of noise but sometimes I seem to jerk awake every thirty minutes without having been able to get into a properly deep stage of sleep even when there's not as much noise.  Probably due to diet or mental health/paranoia or something.  I've noticed that genuine accidents are more likely if I've taken my glaucoma medication and had about a quart of milk or cranberry juice to drink immediately before lying down to rest.

No.  I wet the bed as a kid until almost age 6 and then I stopped.  I wore cloth diapers and Gerbers plastic pants to bed every night.  These days I find it hard to fall asleep when I have a diaper on so it's a good thing I don't wet the bed anymore (haven't in 55 years and never want to either).  I do sometimes sleep in a diaper, maybe once every 2 months and it is easier to fall asleep now, but I still don't get great sleep.  I wake up 3 or more times a night to pee (sometimes as much as 6 times a night) and get up to pee.  If I have a diaper on I roll on my back, wet my diaper and try to go back to sleep.  Usually around 4 or 5am I wake up, pee and just can't fall back to sleep anymore.  Then I get tired in the afternoon or early evening.  Don't suggest that I just wear diapers to bed all the time so I get used to them or so I don't have to get up to pee at night.  I will never do that unless I truly become incontinent.  I never want to have to wear diapers to bed, I just like to a few times a year.

2 hours ago, rusty pins said:

No.  I wet the bed as a kid until almost age 6 and then I stopped.  I wore cloth diapers and Gerbers plastic pants to bed every night.  These days I find it hard to fall asleep when I have a diaper on so it's a good thing I don't wet the bed anymore (haven't in 55 years and never want to either).  I do sometimes sleep in a diaper, maybe once every 2 months and it is easier to fall asleep now, but I still don't get great sleep.  I wake up 3 or more times a night to pee (sometimes as much as 6 times a night) and get up to pee.  If I have a diaper on I roll on my back, wet my diaper and try to go back to sleep.  Usually around 4 or 5am I wake up, pee and just can't fall back to sleep anymore.  Then I get tired in the afternoon or early evening.  Don't suggest that I just wear diapers to bed all the time so I get used to them or so I don't have to get up to pee at night.  I will never do that unless I truly become incontinent.  I never want to have to wear diapers to bed, I just like to a few times a year.

Have you ever been tested for sleep apnea ? you sound like the early stages, you don't want the late stages . I was walking dead in 2006, I went through test after testing. Not any Dr could find why I was barely functioning . I was at last resort sent to a respiratory Dr. He did the sleep study and I stopped breathing once every 3 mins, it was a night and day difference after I only spent 3 for on the CPAP at there site. I felt like I had slept a week. I still use mine every night. I now only have one of those episodes a night. My dr told me the reason I was soo tired sleepy in the afternoon, waking all the time I was never getting into REAM deal sleep. and my organs had no down time, my organs were dying and I would have soon after, just what organ was to fail first.

I had to answer both, wetting the bed, I have wet without knowing, but not every night, I would just rather it be every night, I wake not fully dry, and finish so I don't waste my money trashing a half used diaper. plus it feels so good.:baby_sleeping:

13 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Foreverdl is right, but also have your prostate checked out. Peeing up to 6 times a night is not right.

i wet the bed every night until I was 12. The nappies were gone at 2.5/3 and I just had a cotton sheet on the plastic drawsheet. Boarding school was better but after I wet the thin mattress on the second night I always had the red rubber sheet on my bed. Most of my adult life I have been wet at night, and latterly daytime increasingly. Now after my prostate operation I am incontinent (although continence seems to be coming back slowly), but I had so many years worrying about it and I am so used to being nappied, that I no longer care one way or the other.

On 2/24/2020 at 5:04 PM, foreverdl said:

Have you ever been tested for sleep apnea ? you sound like the early stages, you don't want the late stages . I was walking dead in 2006, I went through test after testing. Not any Dr could find why I was barely functioning . I was at last resort sent to a respiratory Dr. He did the sleep study and I stopped breathing once every 3 mins, it was a night and day difference after I only spent 3 for on the CPAP at there site. I felt like I had slept a week. I still use mine every night. I now only have one of those episodes a night. My dr told me the reason I was soo tired sleepy in the afternoon, waking all the time I was never getting into REAM deal sleep. and my organs had no down time, my organs were dying and I would have soon after, just what organ was to fail first.

I had to answer both, wetting the bed, I have wet without knowing, but not every night, I would just rather it be every night, I wake not fully dry, and finish so I don't waste my money trashing a half used diaper. plus it feels so good.:baby_sleeping:

On 2/25/2020 at 4:00 AM, Greybird said:

Foreverdl is right, but also have your prostate checked out. Peeing up to 6 times a night is not right.

To set the record, I was tested twice for Sleep Apnia a few years apart, and I do sleep with a CPAP.  When I was in the hospital after surgery years ago the nurses told me when I woke the next morning that I had scarred the crap out of them!  They said I would stop breathing all the time and they would watch to see if I would start up again.  When I was tested for apnia they found that in one hour's time I stopped breathing for over 10 seconds 57 times!  My doctor said they hope people get down to 2.4% with a CPAP.  I am down to 1.2% and my doctor is thrilled!

I have had my prostate checked many times and while it may be getting bigger as I age, my doctor has said there isn't a problem with it.  I've always had a smaller bladder, I'm also type 2 diabetic and while I have cut out caffeine, I still drink diet soda.  I was getting up to pee 2 or 3 times a night when I was in my mid to late 20's and I am also overweight.  All the signals for stroke or heart issues which is why I did the sleep apnia tests and use a CPAP.

On 2/24/2020 at 2:26 PM, rusty pins said:

These days I find it hard to fall asleep when I have a diaper on.........

...no, I'm not a bedwetter & don't wet my cloth diapers either, use a disposable once in a while for that, but when I wear a diaper to bed, I don't even remember my head hitting the pillow. Guess you could say I "sleep like a baby", LOL.

6 hours ago, babypb said:

...no, I'm not a bedwetter & don't wet my cloth diapers either, use a disposable once in a while for that, but when I wear a diaper to bed, I don't even remember my head hitting the pillow. Guess you could say I "sleep like a baby", LOL.

babypb:  :baby_sleeping:

I think there is an option missing. I wake up from the urge and can't hold it. Luckily I wear diapers normally so the bed stays dry in most of the cases... ? 

In July 1976 I turned 12, reached puberty and reverted to bedwetting. That was not a huge surprise for me because my Mom, her mother and all her sisters were urinary incontinent. When I was 7 my older sister Penny had reverted to bedwetting.

Despite the efforts of many medical professionals I have never regained night bladder control. In June 1985 I also began loss of daytime bladder control.

• 2 months later...
On 2/24/2020 at 6:28 AM, stevewet said:

Are you a bedwetter?

I wet the bed every night I wear nappies and plastic pants and my bed is protected by a fitted mattress cover and a washable bed pad. I seldom wake dry in the morning and always sleep though my nightly bedwetting.

I never wake up during the night if I pee the bed in my sleep. I never have.

• Like 1

I was never a bedwetter until I became incontinent just under 2 years ago from a ruptured disc in my lower back. Since I became incontinent, I frequently wet myself in my sleep and several times per week, I also poop myself in my sleep. Sometimes I wake up when either accident is happening and sometimes I sleep through the accidents. Either way, I always wake up wet and frequently wake up with a mess in my diaper.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 1:34 AM, Big_baby_colin said:

Yes and I am proud of it all my family and friends now I am 

Most f my friends and family know I wet the bed. I guess these days I am proud of it too. I don't know why but for me it just feels right to be a bedwetter.

• Like 1

I have had issues with wetting the bed off and on for years but mostly because of drinking or staying up too late and finally just passing out exhausted but it was always something where I woke up in the process of my bladder releasing once I was an adult.  I was a bedwetter until almost 13 with accidents at least once a week so this may have contributed to why I have been more prone to accidents as an adult. 

Now that my incontinence has been getting worse during the day I have started wetting the bed again.  I've started wearing a pull up every night. I've found I always wake up wet - not soaked through (yet) - but because I'm a side sleeper I've had to start using a disposable pad under me at night.  

• 2 weeks later...

I've only ever wet the bed twice, once when I was seven, I woke to soaked sheets, and once when I was a teenager I woke while in the middle of peeing and ended up with damp pants and a baseball-sized wet patch on my sheets.  I'm currently trying to become urinary incontinent, and that includes bedwetting, so I wear a diaper to bed every night and wet it whenever I feel the slightest urge.

On 5/25/2020 at 1:34 AM, Big_baby_colin said:

Yes and I am proud of it all my family and friends now I am 

All my friends and family know I wet the bed. I guess truth be known I am proud of it too. I thoroughly enjoy being a nightly bedwetter again.

• 1 month later...

we wear diapers to bed so yes maybe we do use our diapers in bed but considering how much they can hold it really doesn't amount to anything maybe a little little wet patch  like a drool stain or slightly bigger and that's it. we've trained our bodies to think of our diapers like the toilet our brain still sends us the signal but if we're wearing a diaper we usually just go 99% of the time we usually wake up though if we have to go to the bathroom and just smile and let loose I had an accident once and I was wasted and before we went to bed my husband had me drink a bottle full of Pedialyte. didn't bother me I had an accident I was just happy I didn't have a hangover.

we're just going to go with deliberately