LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

MegaMax Issue

I recently switched to wearing a MegaMax as opposed to a Dry 24/7, as the 24/7 tended to feel wet, like really wet, even though they rarely leaked.  The downside is the MegaMax doesn’t handle a (my) rapid wetting(s), and the lack of wicking leads to overflows, especially standing while peeing.

Do I go back to the 24/7?  At times even those would sometimes wick out the front onto my sheets if I slept on my tummy.

im a lifelong bedwetter, and I just want to stay as dry as possible without leaking.  I’m wearing a large that’s plenty snug.

• 2 weeks later...

I find with megamax it’s essential to make sure the leak guards are up. If they are I have far less issues during the day. At night I still am hit or miss and end up just using babykins terry lined plastic pants One thing I found helpful is to “pop” the leak guards up once it’s on by running a finger under/around each thigh under the leg cuff.

Their boosters are very good for the flooding, and I prefer to get the small sizes as they are per fluid ounce of absorption exponentially cheaper than the larger sizes. (4-5 smalls for the price of one large). If you use boosters make sure they don’t get in the way of the cuffs. For side sleeping you can add one to the front and back, sideways ,I start right after the cuff ends). This helps with giving absorption in the wings, which is never extended far enough for me, especially being a side sleeper.

Also you could try a (well fitting) Gary pul pant at night or the day. I find that essentially that specific cut makes the Gary pul act as an extra leg cuff with the megamax- giving the diaper more time to absorb fluid. Often there is some minor dampness on the Gary pants when I change but , due to the material it’s very easy to wipe up with pretty much anything (I use a microfiber cloth when out, and paper towel + wipes when at home).

Good luck!

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, BlakeJordan said:

One thing I found helpful is to “pop” the leak guards up once it’s on by running a finger under/around each thigh under the leg cuff.

Starting with my fingers in the back of each leg, under the leak guards, working around the bottom of each leg and around to the front.  I always do that.

I switched to the BetterDry diaper, and I am very happy.  It wicks like a champ, and can handle a full night of sleep wettings and awake wettings.  I bought two cases of these, so I’m good for a while.

On 2/29/2020 at 7:21 PM, BlakeJordan said:

I find with megamax it’s essential to make sure the leak guards are up. If they are I have far less issues during the day. At night I still am hit or miss and end up just using babykins terry lined plastic pants One thing I found helpful is to “pop” the leak guards up once it’s on by running a finger under/around each thigh under the leg cuff.

Their boosters are very good for the flooding, and I prefer to get the small sizes as they are per fluid ounce of absorption exponentially cheaper than the larger sizes. (4-5 smalls for the price of one large). If you use boosters make sure they don’t get in the way of the cuffs. For side sleeping you can add one to the front and back, sideways ,I start right after the cuff ends). This helps with giving absorption in the wings, which is never extended far enough for me, especially being a side sleeper.

Also you could try a (well fitting) Gary pul pant at night or the day. I find that essentially that specific cut makes the Gary pul act as an extra leg cuff with the megamax- giving the diaper more time to absorb fluid. Often there is some minor dampness on the Gary pants when I change but , due to the material it’s very easy to wipe up with pretty much anything (I use a microfiber cloth when out, and paper towel + wipes when at home).

Good luck!

@BlakeJordan

I have also learned that you should "FLUFF UP" a diaper before putting it on:  You open the diaper all the way, open the wings, then fold it down the MIDDLE, lining up the ends:  then it will fold down the middle:  After you do that, your leak guards are UP, and you can see the "Hourglass shape" and then when it is alll set, give a PULL on the front and back of the diaper, and VIOLA, all set:  You should FLUFF a Diaper because a diaper machine compacts the diaper down, and you have to fluff them to wake them UP to be used

K. Huck's Youtube channel has an awesome video about how this is done:  It is helpful for ANY diaper that is compressed in a package: 

Diaper Fluffing for Efficiancy

(They are a Hell of a lot more comfortable too, because they are STIFF when they are first come out of the package)

Good Luck!

Brian

30 minutes ago, baker7 said:

K. Huck's Youtube channel has an awesome video about how this is done:  It is helpful for ANY diaper that is compressed in a package: 

Just don't do what K. Huck did in one example on video, ripped the diaper apart because he pulled too hard by the wings.

• Haha 1

The only so called problem I have with the Megamax diapers are the tapes, they hold fast, and can be difficult to undo when needing to change. 

But they do a good job of keeping my diapers on for extended time.