LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Life in the Dollhouse - Chapter Twenty-Six (4/20)

Hello friends!  This story is a rambling, meandering mess loosely based on a fun scene that I got to play in.  It is absolutely a work of fiction and the characters are not a representation of any real person.  It's a very, very dark vision of a lighthearted scene that just tickled my brain in a very twisted way.

None of it's real, please don't think it is ;)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Life in the Dollhouse - Chapter One

The old building loomed, and the small woman shivered in its shadow.  Brick pillars bookended the porch with its sagging roof, a sandy brown shingle hanging down and swaying in the breeze.  A mess of letters poked out of the old iron mailbox mounted to the siding to one side of the door.  Yellow electric light spilled from the smattering of broken blinds in the front window, accompanied by blue flashes and the sounds of a video game.

Sabrina didn't know a thing about video games, she had always been more of a bookworm.  Anne Rice was her vice, which invited mockery from her circle of friends.  Well, ex-friends.  Everyone had ditched her when she came out as bisexual.  Being a gay man was at least tolerated in South Carolina, but a bi woman wasn't understood.  She was supposed to "pick a team" - the few friends she had left, mostly gay men - dropped her when she started dating Mark.  Her few straight friends had dumped her the previous year over Bethany, and that had been a disaster on its own.

But "switching teams" was apparently the final straw.

When the poultry plant "downsized" her, Sabrina Warren had nowhere else to turn.  She had tried desperately to find another job, anything, but it hadn't been going well.  The tattoos on her arms weren't helping.  She ran a hand over her shaven head, feeling the prickles of the stubbly purple-dyed hair as she wondered whether she was crazy enough to just drop in on these people.

The Dollhouse on Sortwell Road.  A friend of a friend had suggested it.  Apparently a trio of queer women ran the house and offered refuge for a fellow queer down on their luck.  They had a reputation for kindness, but there was also a dark rumor or two.  That they were into some weird stuff.  All she had was an address and a name - Kinsley Adams.

"Beggars can't be choosers," she muttered to herself as she stepped toward the door, an old gym bag clutched in her left hand.  She knew she looked like a typical bull dyke at this point, camo pants and a tank top, showing her modest cleavage.  But it was hot, and also it was her last clean outfit.  The aesthetic was ruined by her height, however.  At 5'4", she wasn't exactly intimidating.  The gym bag held the rest of her clothes, basically everything she owned now - her crazy landlord was holding the rest of her stuff hostage until she could come up with the back rent.  She knew it wasn't legal, but she wasn't about to call the cops.  Too many unpaid tickets to risk it, and too many prior arrests to talk her way out of it.  She was pretty sure that the unpaid tickets had led to a warrant.

One hand raised and ready to knock, a black flash of movement caught the corner of her eye.  A tuxedo cat, fat and saucy, glared at her from the window, poking its face through the broken blinds.  It croaked out a hoarse mew before bolting away at her knock.

The sounds of the video game and the flashing blue lights ceased.

"Faith!  Get the door!"  The voice was high-pitched and came from just inside the window, but almost certainly belonged to an adult.  Sabrina resisted the urge to peek through the window to see who was doing the shouting.

Second thoughts gave way to third thoughts, and she very nearly turned and left... but the sound of the door unlocking convinced her to turn around.

"Hey."  A slender grunge chick greeted her, red flannel tied around the waist of her skinny black jeans.  She wore a tight black t-shirt with some brightly colored monster smiling from it, too short to cover her midsection.  The woman had lovely abs and a pair of perky breasts, and Sabrina blushed as she forced her gaze upwards.  She looked kind, a fire-engine-red pixie cut and a warm smile.  The blast of cold air that rushed out felt like a gentle kiss to Sabrina.  "What can I do for you?"

"Um.. I'm looking for Kinsley?  My friend Jules suggested that I look her up, but nobody knew her phone number."

This brought a raised eyebrow, astonishingly also a bright red, like a character from a cartoon.  Her eyes were brown and showed her suspicion, but still generally friendly.

"Did your friend tell you to ask her something in specific?  She's asleep right now, but I can deliver a message."

That seemed strange given the volume of the television and the fact that it was four in the afternoon on a Thursday.

"Uh.. " She felt like an idiot saying it out loud, but it's what Jules said her friend told her.  "Is this the Dollhouse on Sortwell?"

"Kinsley!"  The other girl shouted from just inside the open door.  "Kinsley!  It's someone for you!"

Sabrina jolted from the sudden voice, startled, and nearly missed the strange glint that appeared in the red-haired woman's eye for just a split second.  She smiled wide and stepped back, holding open the screen door.  "Come on in.  I'm Faith, that's Lila.  Kinsley's upstairs."

"Oh, I don't want to wake her up."  Sabrina stepped in tentatively, looking over at the short woman in comfortable-looking pajamas, white and blue striped.  She held some sort of controller in her hand and had a roundish face.  Her hair was also red, but a much less shocking red - more of an auburn, in a pretty bob that suited her.  Her face was nicely framed by it, and accented by a pair of maroon eyeglasses.

"She won't mind," the small woman chirped from her seat on the couch.  "You said the magic word.  This is the Dollhouse and we're the dolls!"

Her giggle was innocent and bubbly, and Sabrina couldn't help but smile despite the odd statement.

"That's just a nickname."  Faith slipped an arm around Sabrina's shoulder, leading her deeper into the house and closing the door behind them, taking a moment to lock the deadbolt with a key, leaving it poking out of the door.  "We help people.  One of the first people Kinsley helped called her and Lila 'a doll' all the time, you know?  Like a term of endearment.  'You are such a doll'.  Kinsley liked it so much that she kept it."

"That's um, that's why I'm here.  I just need a place to crash for a week or so until I can find another job.  I'm really sorry, I wouldn't normally do this but Jules- "

"Don't worry about it.  I'm not making any promises, though.  That's up to Kinsley.  C'mon."  Her teeth were blindingly white, pearly in her mouth.  Sabrina relaxed a bit, but still felt uncomfortable and pushy, barging into a stranger's house and asking to sleep there.  Her cheeks burned with embarrassment as Faith led her up the rickety stairs in the center of the house.  It was an odd layout, a long living room on one side of the stairs with a doorway to a kitchen on one end and a doorway to another room on the other, and a hallway on the other side of the stairs, a series of closed doors.  The place was old, and the push-button lightswitch on the wall drew a confused blink from the visitor.

The stairs led to a large room with a vaulted ceiling, exposed beams above them.  The windows were low, inches above the floor, and the big room was lined with desks on one wall and a sectional couch facing a very nice looking TV and entertainment setup.  Faith guided her, toward the desks, where a mass of short blonde curls waited, bobbing above the back of a large chair in front of a truly intimidating computer setup.  Six monitors with graphs and charts in red and blue with green lines moving across them.

"Hey Kinsley.  We've got someone asking about the Dollhouse."

Glancing around the room, Sabrina felt awed by the setup.  So much technology in such a bad area of town, it seemed like a recipe for disaster.  Sortwell Road was in a bad part of Columbia, there was a lot of drug activity and very little in the way of law enforcement.  It wasn't a place she wanted to walk around alone at night.  She stole another glance, looking at Faith.  The woman was slender but her arms looked wiry and strong without losing that delicate quality of femininity.  She stood slightly taller than Sabrina, maybe 5'5", and she stood with her hips at an angle, her arms hanging loosely.

The chair turned slowly, revealing the smiling woman who owned those natural curls.  Her eyes were an icy blue, but they were lit with a warm light and her grin was equally warm and welcoming, spreading from ear to ear.  She was dressed from head to toe in mismatched pastels, a soft peach blouse and blue pants ending above a pair of pale green sandals.  Her fingernails were something else, a riot of yellows and pinks, with a dash of green to them.  There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to them.

"Welcome!  Would you care for some sweet tea?  Oh, they told you I was asleep, didn't they?"  Sabrina blinked, realizing that her confusion and suspicion was written plain on her face.  Her cheeks flushed red once again.  "I was, actually, until about twenty minutes ago."  The blonde tapped a fancy looking watch on her wrist.  "But the euro took a tumble, so there's things to be done.  You know how it is."

Sabrina had absolutely no idea how it was.

"Um, thanks.  This is kind of awkward for me, and I'm really sorry, but I was told that you sometimes help people in the community who need it."

Faith gave Sabrina's shoulder a friendly pat.  "I'm going to go back downstairs with Lila.  Call if you want that tea."

"Come in, sugar."  Kinsley beckoned, gesturing to a chair at the desk next to hers, a fancy-looking flat monitor on the desktop and a keyboard covered in softly blinking lights.  Nice but nowhere near as intimidating as the multitude of screens that floated on steel beams behind the other woman.  "Faith won't mind if you sit at her desk while we talk."

Tentatively, Sabrina took the offered seat, setting her gym bag gently on the floor to one side.  "Thanks... Kinsley."  She scanned the pastel-clad lady, only realizing now that she was closer just how tall Kinsley was.  Her chair was wider than the one Sabrina sat in, and it was raised higher.  Kinsley's hands were elegant and adorned with thin silver rings, fairies and butterflies seemingly dancing on her fingers.

"Of course."  That warm smile never faltered, and unexpectedly, that pastel-tipped hand was resting on Sabrina's camo-covered leg.  "You look like you've had a tough day.  We do help people, why don't you tell me the kind of help you need?"

The gentle touch, the soft voice, took Sabrina by surprise.  As did the tears.

"I... I just need a place to sleep for a week or so, just until I can get another job."

"What happened?"

To her shock, the whole story began tumbling from Sabrina's lips.  Mark and Bethany.  The betrayal of her friends.  The problem with her landlord.  Her job, her back rent, losing her connection with her parents when she came out.  She poured her pain all over the floor at Kinsley's feet until she was sobbing, her head in her hands.  It was all too much.  It was too much to deal with, and she had no one to talk to lately.  She had no one to tell just how alone and hopeless she felt.  Jules wasn't so good with feelings.

When she was done, when there were no words left to break the sobs, she felt arms wrap around her, felt herself being pulled into the bigger woman's lap.

"That's quite a story, and quite a lot of pain.  Of course you can stay for a week, or however long it takes you to get another job and a place."

Embarrassed and overwhelmed, Sabrina relented and wrapped her arms around Kinsley, her sobs slowing as the woman hugged her.  It seemed impossible, that this oasis existed, that there were people who were just ready to help with no questions asked, just because she needed it.

It seemed too good to be true.  She expected to wake up any moment, laying on her back in an alley somewhere.  The fate that would have been awaiting her without this woman's help.

"I'm so ashamed, Kinsley.  I'm so ashamed to ask for help."

"Now now, sugar.  Everyone needs help sometimes.  You think I never needed any help?  Let us help you.  You just need a place to rest your bones and recover, and you found it.  We've got a spare room at the moment, since Emmie moved out.  It's ready to sleep in, honestly.  Let's go introduce you to the dolls and get that glass of tea, hmm?"

Kinsley rose, setting Sabrina gently on her feet and taking her hand.  She towered over the smaller woman, close to six feet tall.  Sabrina found herself eye-level with Kinsley's chest, which brought yet another blush.

"Thanks.  I don't deserve your help, but I'm happy you're offering it."

"Think nothing of it.  And welcome to the Dollhouse."

• Like 14

OKAY this is my favorite story of all time!  I've been reading it for months, as Kimmy has been writing it.  Despite what Kimmy says at the beginning, I want to clue in the readers a little bit.

For those who don't know, Kimmy lives with myself and @Pudding, along with our roommate Chloe.  This story is sort of like... a caricature of our home life together.  Though the characters are not representative of us, they do draw a lot of inspiration!  So you can have fun guessing which characters are who! ^_^ 

If you want to know more about our household, you can join our Discord by supporting our Patreon.  You can also listen to a podcast that Chloe and I do together called 'The Usual Bet'.  It's on iTunes and Patreon for free.

ENJOY THE STORY!!! :D 

~Sophie

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sophie ♥ said:

OKAY this is my favorite story of all time!  I've been reading it for months, as Kimmy has been writing it.  Despite what Kimmy says at the beginning, I want to clue in the readers a little bit.

For those who don't know, Kimmy lives with myself and @Pudding, along with our roommate Chloe.  This story is sort of like... a caricature of our home life together.  Though the characters are not representative of us, they do draw a lot of inspiration!  So you can have fun guessing which characters are who! ^_^ 

I have NO IDEA what you're talking about.  This is a brand-new story that I just made up, all the characters are entirely fictional and any resemblance to any individual living or dead is purely coincidence.

That said, if anyone wants to GUESS about what-character-might-be-who from some ALTERNATE UNIVERSE, I can't stop anyone.

1 hour ago, Sarahbedwetter said:

This sounds like another Kimmy Victory on the story board.

Interesting to see how it pans out. After talking to you on discord I am picking up character traits!! 

We'll see - this will be on my usual posting schedule, one chapter per day as long as I have them.  We'll almost certainly take a break while I'm at CAP (but then again maybe not).  Every like and comment is deeply appreciated and I love discussion and speculation as the story goes on!

7 minutes ago, kerry said:

A very cool, very interesting beginning, Kimmy. Looking forward to getting to know the dollhouse. ?

I hope you enjoy the trip!  I still don't know how this one ends, but I've been enjoying writing it!

• Like 2

OHHHHH MYYYYY GODDDDDDD

IT'S HEEEEERRRRRREEEEEEEE!!!!!!

*takes a deep breath to compose myself*

Umm, uhh, sorry about that. :D

Unlike Sophie I have not read this. But I've heard Kimmy talk about it for... quite a while!

so far it doesn't seem so dark. But you know what they say, "it's always brightest just before the dusk." 

... Okay nobody says that, but it sounds right. :D

I'm so excited to see where this goes! It's been far too long since we've had a proper Kimmy story. ♡♡♡♡♡

This should be interesting.

Really curious to see where this goes. Couch surfing has been the only thing keeping me off the streets these past few months so I feel for the main character....

p.s. fuck the landlords

8 hours ago, Wannatripbaby said:

OHHHHH MYYYYY GODDDDDDD

IT'S HEEEEERRRRRREEEEEEEE!!!!!!

*takes a deep breath to compose myself*

Umm, uhh, sorry about that. :D

Unlike Sophie I have not read this. But I've heard Kimmy talk about it for... quite a while!

so far it doesn't seem so dark. But you know what they say, "it's always brightest just before the dusk." 

... Okay nobody says that, but it sounds right. :D

I'm so excited to see where this goes! It's been far too long since we've had a proper Kimmy story. ♡♡♡♡♡

I dunno yet if this is a proper Kimmy story, you'll have to tell me when the journey is done!  All of my best work came from personal pain and this one is more of an exploration of darker feelings from the safety of a new and friendly environment.

How about, "It's always darkest just before Kimmy makes it darker"

4 hours ago, aldl4811 said:

Can't wait Kimmy, great start. Read a lot of your stuff over the years.

Yay!  Well thanks for joining us once again ❤️❤️❤️

And thank you for taking the time to comment!

3 hours ago, YourFNF said:

This should be interesting.

Really curious to see where this goes. Couch surfing has been the only thing keeping me off the streets these past few months so I feel for the main character....

p.s. fuck the landlords

I'm sorry you're having a hard time, hun.  I'm glad friends have been there for you, and I hope you get back on your feet.

• Like 2

Chapter Two

Sweet tea was a staple of the South.  A unifying force.  Northerners just didn't get it, complained about how much sugar was in the drink.  But that was the way it was supposed to be.  The South wasn't perfect, there was intolerance and bigotry, hatred and racism.  Everything was mighty fine if you were a part of the majority, a part of the patriarchy, but being a queer woman left her decidedly outside that realm of "normal".  The South wasn't perfect, but sweet tea and Southern hospitality were.

Sabrina knew she should have packed up and gone North, away from the place that raised her, the place that scorned her, but she just couldn't manage.  New York, Chicago, Seattle, some place where the f-word wasn't casually thrown around to refer to her queer compatriots.  Maybe someday.

But for now, there was comfort in sweet tea.

"This is Sabrina," Kinsley said from her spot on one side of the ramshackle card table that sat in the breakfast nook off to one side of the kitchen.  The appliances in the kitchen were ancient, the tiles on the floor were spiderwebbed with age.  It was a stark contrast from the modernity of the tech den upstairs.  This matched the outside of the old house, but nobody paid it any mind.  "She's going to be staying in Emmie's room for a while.  She's one of us, I think, and it's been a while since she had someone to care for her."

"Welcome, sweetie."  Faith offered a warm smile and a refill before sitting down to Sabrina's right.  Lila was on her left, with Kinsley directly across, and Sabrina felt surrounded and enveloped by their kindness.  They were an odd bunch, all home on a Thursday afternoon and Lila in pajamas.  Their styles couldn't be more different, but the connection between the three of them was palpable.  "I'll get your room tidied up after I sit a spell and I'll show you around."

It was hard to tell who was the "leader", honestly.  It seemed like it would be Kinsley, but Faith seemed like the most together.  There was a childlike quality about Lila that Sabrina just couldn't put her finger on.  She was younger, for sure, but definitely in her twenties.  She just had a youthful energy about her, a carefree attitude.

"Thanks... " Sabrina ran a hand over her shaven head before continuing, a common nervous gesture for her.  "Um, are there any rules I should know about?  Don't let the cat out, that kind of thing?"

"Don't let Mamoru out, Bree!  She'll run away!"  Lila stopped mid-drink, lowering the glass from her mouth with both hands, which wasn't helping her appearance of immaturity.

"I won't!  I was just asking for examples.  And I prefer Sabrina, please.  I've never liked shortened versions of my name."  Lila wilted visibly, a dying flower.  Guilt instead bloomed, in the pit of Sabrina's stomach.  "No offense."

"Let's go back to your game, honey," Faith offered, standing and taking Lila's hand.  The sounds of the video game soon followed.

"Well, rule number one is that Lila is a sensitive soul, I suppose.  She's a sweetie who has had a hard time of it.  Please be kind to her."  Sabrina could feel the guilt in her gut twist to anxiety and opened her mouth to defend herself, to say that she didn't mean it.  "I know you didn't mean to, you didn't do anything wrong.  She can't have everything she wants, we just have to be delicate with her.  Don't worry.  And yes, please don't let the cat out.

"Since you're not paying rent, we do ask that you do some chores around the house.  Do you have a car?"

"No."  Sabrina hung her head.  The car had been totaled the day after the plant let her go... the other driver didn't have insurance, and hers wasn't going to cover anything.  It had made finding another job substantially harder.  It was the sort of thing she normally would have turned to friends or family for... but those were gone.  Facing reality of it brought with it another surge of sadness.  "Not anymore."

"That's okay, hun."  Kinsley reached a butterfly-adorned hand across the table and patted Sabrina's reassuringly.  "We'll drive you to interviews or wherever you need to go.  What you don't contribute in money, you'll contribute in helping the house, right?"

"Of course!  I'm not looking for something for nothing, I just... "

"You just need a little help, that's all.  Everyone needs help sometimes, and we're no strangers to giving it.  You're not the first person to come knocking for a hand up, and you won't be the last."  Kinsley's laugh was a hearty chuckle, full of mirth and caring.  Sabrina couldn't help but smile.

"So what chores do you need me to do?"

"Well, do you like cooking?"

"I like it but I'm terrible at it.  I can try, though."

"That's okay, how about we start you with the dishes?  The rules here are simple:  be kind, take care of your fellow dolls, and put in at least as much as you take out.  Money, chores, emotional support - we need each other to survive.  The South ain't exactly kind to queer women, you know."

Sabrina laughed nervously.  "I'm all too aware.  So... are any of you an item?"

"We're very free with our affection, but no.  Lila and I dated once, long ago, but that was practically a different lifetime.  Faith is seeing someone, I'm sure you'll meet her when she comes around.  Angie's clever, you'll like her."  Kinsley stood, pushing her chair back and stretching.  "We'll take care of you if you take care of us.  No hard drugs.  No drinking unless we're all drinking together.  Don't bring strangers into the house.  Try not to make Lila cry.  If you're not sure about something, ask.  But always, always be kind."

Sabrina stood as well, looking up at her host, and rubbing her shaven head once again.  "Thanks.  You've no reason to trust me, you don't know me.  I appreciate this."

"Oh, I'll be checking up on you, Sabrina Warren.  I'll be asking around, find out where you got our information.  I'm trusting you, but I'm verifying.  If you're telling me lies, you're out.  Got it?  And if you're here to steal something... just know that we've helped a lot of people over the years.  There are lots of folks out there who would love to pay back a favor, huh?  I'd much, much rather add you to the list of people we've helped rather than the people who have hurt us."

"I don't steal."  Sabrina stood tall and proud as she said it, but still had to look up to Kinsley.  "No worries there."  She took a glance at the kitchen counters, the dishes waiting in the sink.  "How about I do the dishes until Faith wants to show me the room?"

"Sounds great, sugar," Kinsley smiled, laying a friendly hand on Sabrina's shoulder.  "I'm going to go check my charts.  You be a good girl, okay?"

Sabrina only blinked as the taller woman walked away, before turning to the sink to show that she didn't mind earning her keep.  It had been a hard road, a hard month, and she was grateful for their kindness.

Emmie's room was lavender on two walls and peach on the other two.  Sabrina wondered if Kinsley had something to do with the motif.  The blankets on the bed were a dark red, however - something a little more mature.  A long, short dresser with a mirror lined one wall, and a bookshelf next to the closet door, covered in stuffed animals.  Apparently Emmie had been a collector of some kind.  Bunnies, squirrels, and other happy woodland creatures smiled out at her, a stark contrast to the bare, curtainless window it stood next to and the dead tree branch swinging slightly in the wind.  The window was a squat rectangle near the ceiling, a very odd thing but it let a lot of light in the room.  An old, wooden trunk with a heavy lid waited at the foot of the bed, and the dark stain of the wood offset some of the soft pastels of the walls.

It wasn't as large as the bedroom in her old apartment, but it was a room.  It was cool and dry, and it was a safe place to sleep.  The only thing that really struck her as odd - not the stuffed animals, not the big white dragonflies dancing on the walls - was the fact that the doorknob to the room had a keyhole beneath it, the kind you could peek through.  All of the doors in the house seemed to have that, that and the odd push-button lightswitches.  Two small, round buttons - a white one on top and a black one on the bottom.  Pushing the black one turned off the lights, pushing the white one turned them on.  It was novel, in a way.  A relic of a time gone by.  The house had to be a hundred years old, and the creaking floorboards did nothing to dispel that notion.

An old, maroon towel waited for her, folded on the bed.  Kinsley had taken her gym bag, since it was full of dirty clothes anyway.  After a quick look around, she grabbed the towel and headed for the bathroom... which also had a keyhole under the doorknob.  With a shrug she closed the door and stripped, wondering if she should bother shaving her legs and pits.  It felt wrong to borrow someone else's grooming supplies, though, and if anyone would accept her unshaven self, it would be these three.  She wasn't a fan of stereotypical femininity anyway - there was nothing wrong with it, she had just been doing that particular rebellion so long it was second nature, part of her identity.  The hot water cascading over her felt amazing, and the freedom to enjoy it was as refreshing as the water itself.  In this moment, she felt her heart lighten, simply enjoying the visceral pleasure of caring for her basic needs.

When the shower was done, when the water was off and the last bit slid down the drain, her heart slid with it.  The reality of her situation settled back into its place, no longer held at bay by the unwanted buffer of stress at needing to find a safe place to sleep.  With that pressure gone, the crushing reality of how far she had fallen was unrelenting and she slowly sank to her knees in the empty tub.  The tears followed shortly after and she sat, huddled with her arms around her knees, and sobbed.

The world was cruel, it was a lesson she had learned early, but the depth of sadness that enveloped her felt insurmountable.  She cried until the tears wouldn't come any more, until she was exhausted and empty.  Bundling herself up in the towel, she opened the door slowly and walked the four feet to the door to Emmie's room, and slipped inside.

Waiting for her was a pair of striped pajamas, white and mint green.  With a weak smile, she draped the towel over the corner of the bare dresser and slipped into the soft, warm garment.  The bed called to her, and she didn't resist.  She collapsed on it, grabbing for a stuffed animal without thinking, hugging it.  She felt like she was bleeding, like all the warmth in her body was seeping out of her from a slice across the belly.  It felt like her emotional pain was just pouring out of her, pooling on the bed beside her.  With eyes closed, her breathing ragged, she rested.

She was barely aware of the door opening a while later, of her light being turned off, and a soft, warm body joining her in the bed.

Lila's voice was a caring whisper in her ear.  "You seemed like you needed a cuddle."

Gentle arms wrapped around her, pulling her close.  Soft breasts in her back, kind arms around her body.  Steady, calm breathing against her own.  A tender stroke along her cheek, across her eyebrow.

In Lila's arms, she drifted off to sleep.

• Like 12
9 hours ago, Lyra Silver said:

I don't know where this rollercoaster is headed, but I'm strapping myself in and here for the ride! So excited!!

I'm glad you're on board!  And thank you for commenting ❤️  I see that I got your very first post ever, which I loooooooove being someone's first post!!

3 hours ago, Wannatripbaby said:

If this were the Discord server, I'd be pinning that right now. XD

Ain't that the truth.

1 hour ago, Sarahbedwetter said:

Your stories always bring people into them and get emotionally attached to the characters,

I already like Lila, she seems really sweet

looking forward to more 

Thank you for letting the stories touch you emotionally!  I feel like that's crucial to the enjoyment of it ;)

Let the characters into your heart, so you can be a part of the journey.

23 minutes ago, Sophie ♥ said:

Lila is an angel!  Faith is a sweetie!  Kinsley is a dream!  Sabrina is so lucky!  *SWOON* 

Best story best people.

I'm beyond tickled that you love this story so much ❤️

• Like 1

Poor little Sabrina...

This story is so captivating already! And barely anything has even happened yet! I know several people in a position similar to Sabrina's so this really resonates with my sense of empathy. Maybe someday I'll be able to start my own "Dollhouse" with my Littles. :D

11 hours ago, bbykimmy said:

Chapter Two

Sweet tea was a staple of the South.  A unifying force.  Northerners just didn't get it, complained about how much sugar was in the drink.  But that was the way it was supposed to be.  The South wasn't perfect, there was intolerance and bigotry, hatred and racism.  Everything was mighty fine if you were a part of the majority, a part of the patriarchy, but being a queer woman left her decidedly outside that realm of "normal".  The South wasn't perfect, but sweet tea and Southern hospitality were.

It's really true! I didn't get sweet tea when I was visiting some family in the South, and I made the mistake of admitting this in public, which led to some spirited defense of sweet tea by some strangers. ?

I'm excited to see where this story goes! Lila seems like a big sweetie already. :) 

9 hours ago, Wannatripbaby said:

Poor little Sabrina...

This story is so captivating already! And barely anything has even happened yet! I know several people in a position similar to Sabrina's so this really resonates with my sense of empathy. Maybe someday I'll be able to start my own "Dollhouse" with my Littles. :D

Having people who understand you, who you can depend on to help you when you're down, and who can accept your help when you can give it... it's really amazing.  I'm sorry for the people who are in rough situations, I wish them the best and that they can find a safehaven.

Queer homelessness is still a big problem in this country, I've known too many people who came out - in a world that is much safer to do so in than when I was young - only to lose their entire family and their friends.  It still happens, it's a problem, and it sucks.

6 hours ago, Lanthey said:

It’s all fun and games until someone gets PTSD ;)

Remember!  Consent is key and this is a work of fiction.  We're going to go some dark places and explore some dark feelings that boundaries and safewords in a real power exchange relationship should solve.  As per usual, I'll be happy to discuss the feelings of the characters (without spoiling things) and what COULD have been done differently.

1 hour ago, Lyra Silver said:

It's really true! I didn't get sweet tea when I was visiting some family in the South, and I made the mistake of admitting this in public, which led to some spirited defense of sweet tea by some strangers. ?

I'm excited to see where this story goes! Lila seems like a big sweetie already. :) 

It really is - I'm from Kansas, which isn't the South but it's close enough in many ways.  I've spent SOME time in the south and I'm passingly familiar with the culture.

And sweet tea is AMAZING.

I'm glad you like Lila!  She's a fun character to write.

• Like 1

Chapter Three

Sabrina woke alone, roused by the savory smells of pasta and meatballs.  With a groan, she climbed from the bed and made her way to the kitchen where Faith was cooking dinner.  The living room was empty, the television quiet.

"Good morning, Sunshine," Faith greeted her before dumping the strained spaghetti noodles into the pasta sauce.  "Grab a bowl, they're in that cabinet.  Do you eat meat?"

"Yeah?  You don't?"

"Oh I do and Lila does, but Kinsley is vegetarian.  She doesn't like the idea of being responsible for animal suffering, you know how it is.  So the meatballs are over there.  The pasta is vegetarian, but it doesn't mean we have to keep it that way for ourselves."

"Does that make her uncomfortable?"  The plates and bowls in the cabinet were a calamity of mismatched strangeness, chipped bowls and a mix of fine-looking china plates and ceramics from Wal-Mart.  The spaghetti smelled good, with a strange spice hiding under the tomato and onion.

"Lila said that it used to.  Those pajamas look cute on you by the way.  Here, will you carry Kinsley's bowl and I'll take Lila's?  We usually eat upstairs."

Dinner was a calm affair.  The strangest thing was that Sabrina felt like she instantly fit in.  The conversation was casual, there were no probing questions.  Kinsley didn't say anything about checking into her, and no one said a word about Lila's visiting her bed.  The mood was light and they explained their in-jokes with kindness.  It was obvious that the three of them had been friends for quite a while, they almost had their own dialect.

But Sabrina wanted to know.  "So how long have you been friends?"

It was Kinsley who answered with a smile, placing a gentle hand on Lila's.  "We've been friends for eight years now.  Faith has been living with us for four."

"She was one of our early dolls.  We just kept her," Lila chimed in with a giggle.  She shot a knowing look to Faith, who grinned in return.

"We've helped a lot of dolls, more women than men but we're equal opportunity.  People just find us.  I did.  You did."  It was Faith's turn to lay a gentle hand on Sabrina's.  "You're safe here.  We'll help you.  It's what we do."

"But why?"

"Because," Kinsley smiled, sitting up straight and pushing her chair back.  "Someone helped each of us when we needed it, and every now and again you find a treasure.  Something worth keeping.  Thanks for dinner, Faith.  And thanks for cleaning up, Sabrina.  I've got charts to watch, the markets close soon.  Lila, don't forget you have to do your chores."

"I know."  Lila's sigh was that of a petulant teenager and discomfort swept through Sabrina - they were dressed the same.  Faith rose from the table and headed downstairs and Kinsley wheeled back over to her array of blinking screens, leaving the other two essentially alone.

"Do you need help?" Sabrina offered.  Better to be more of an older sister in this situation than an immature equal.  "I don't mind.  What do you need to do?"  Her tone was undoubtedly that of a superior talking to a younger person, and Lila's face clouded in response, her eyebrows drawing together and her lips pursed in annoyance.

"I'm not some kid."  Lila crossed her arms over her chest, her bottom lip poking out in a decidedly not-mature fashion.  "I can handle it, I've been doing my chores long before you came around, Bree.  Don't think you can come in here and treat me like a child."

Sabrina bit her tongue quite literally, suppressing the urge to snap at the brat - she had been quite clear about her nickname preference but she knew it would be deeply unwise to antagonize her host, especially on her very first day.  She needed their help, so she'd take the abuse.

"I'm sorry, I don't think you're a kid.  I just thought you might like some help, since I'm here.  I'm really sorry I upset you."

"It's fine," Lila sighed.  "Just don't, okay?  You're on dishes, I've got to go do the vacuuming."

The dishes weren't hard, it seemed like the "dolls" kept a relatively clean house, despite the crumbling exterior.  They were definitely an interesting bunch.  Sabrina was invited to sit on the couch with Faith, watching Lila play her video game.  Kinsley joined shortly thereafter and the four of them just hung out.  It seemed odd to have their group social activity be watching only one person play a game, but it was quite enjoyable.  There was a lazy camaraderie between the three keepers of the dollhouse, and Sabrina found herself comfortable, surprisingly quickly.

The video game gave way to watching television, and the laughter lasted well into the night.  Sabrina's heart ached at how easily their friendship came, but there was a scratch at the back of her brain, a warning, a fear.  That they would turn out like so many of her other friends, that they would be shallow, that some small thing would turn them against her.  Over something that should have been trivial, over something that a friend in some TV show or in the movies would laugh off.

That betrayal was inevitable.

And that feeling created an invisible wall between them.  Sabrina's mind continually turned back to the moment of defensive irritation that Lila had snapped at her in.  It was very much a surprise to her when the small girl woke her up again in the night, wrapping her arms tightly around Sabrina, a soft nose nuzzling the back of her neck.

The night had been comfortable, but she had maintained her distance.  TV had given way to some light drinking and Lila had lightened up once the boxed wine had begun to flow, but there was still a tension there.  Sabrina certainly hadn't expected her to crawl into bed again.

The cuddling was undoubtedly comforting, however.

She was disappointed when she awoke alone the next morning.  Lila had left at some point during the night.  With a fuzzy tongue, she rose and showered.  She returned to Emmie's room hoping to find her clothes laundered, but there was only another pair of pajamas waiting.  With a shrug, she donned them and made her way to discuss her living situation with Kinsley.

"Let's work on your resume."  Kinsley was chipper and up early, despite their late night.  A stuffed teddy bear smiled at her from the desk next to the woman's keyboard, a stark contrast to the intimidating data stream that sped by.

Kinsley was a wizard on the computer, her fingers flying across the keys with a loud click-clack, a loudness Sabrina was entirely unused to coming from a keyboard.  Within half an hour, her life and experience was on the screen in a pretty font with splashes of color.  It looked good, professional.  She smiled in awe at the tall pastel-clad woman.  She was in a pair of jeans and a tie-died tank top this morning, an entirely different set of rings on her fingers, each digit encircled in silver, small gems, and fairies.  Similarly, a pair of fairies dangled from her ear lobes, waving their wands and surely providing the magic that seemed to surround Kinsley.

Sabrina blushed at the thought.  It was far too soon to begin courting anyone, let alone a person who was providing her shelter.

Her blush turned from one of simple embarrassment to shame as she looked over her work experience laid bare on the screen.  It was dismal.  Fast food and factory jobs.  Unskilled labor.  Her mother had told her to go off to Charlotte for college, but that was before she came out.  When everything started falling apart.

"Hey, hey.  It's okay."  Kinsley lifted her fallen chin with a gentle finger, causing the shorter Sabrina to stare up at the woman.  "Everything's okay."

"My resume is pathetic.  What am I doing?"

"Would you say you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth, cutie?"

Another blush.  Sabrina was beginning to feel a little lightheaded.

"No, definitely not."

"Do you feel you really got a fair shot at things, or were you struggling to survive?  Papa paid for college, right?  You told us some of your story last night.  Honey, you haven't had an easy time of it.  So what if you're starting from the bottom.  It don't mean you can't climb to the top.  It's Friday, you just take it easy, tidy up around the house some, clean up the empties from last night.  Faith is going to bring you some applications for you to fill out today, okay?"

"I'm headed out!" Faith's shout came from the bottom of the stairs.  "Short gig today, just portraits on site.  Sabrina can fix lunch for Lila, right?"

"I'm sure she wouldn't mind that."  Kinsley answered, standing and talking right over the top of Sabrina's head.  "Pick up some apps for her, will you?  Usual places."

"Sure thing!"

"There, see?"  Kinsley smiled down, towering above Sabrina's sitting form.  "Easy peasy.  You just relax, maybe play a game with Lila after you're done cleaning.  Take good care of her, okay?  Can you do that for me?"

"No problem."

The empties were easy, just a few beer bottles and the wine box.  The way that some things were top of the line expensive and other things were the cheapest they could possibly be was baffling, but interesting.  The three of them were such an eclectic collection.  Sabrina felt the closest to Kinsley, then Faith, then Lila... despite the fact that she had been the closest physically to Lila.  Her dreams had been filled with the girl, following her, hugging her, sharing a juice box of all things.  And after a long hug following the shared drink, Dream-Lila had whispered in her ear:  I think I want to keep you.

Lunch was easy as well, Lila wanted peanut butter and jelly - but it had to be cut into four triangles.  It was an easy enough request to fulfill.  She made Kinsley's requested salad as well, and had everything tidied and done by early afternoon, the floor in the kitchen swept and the microwave cleaned.  She sat down on the couch with the pajama'd Lila and watched her wander about some barren wasteland, shooting giant scorpions and zombies with a sniper rifle.  It wasn't the same game as yesterday, that one had seemed much more peaceful with a happy blue character jumping about and collecting flags.

After a while, they were playing a racing game together, ridiculous cartoon animals driving equally silly cars around an absurdly complicated track with all manner of animated obstacles.  Faith came home with several heavy looking black cases that she carried into her room, which was down the hall from the room Sabrina was staying in, and joined them in their wacky race.  Joy and laughter abounded, that easy camaraderie returning, with Sabrina feeling closer to both women.  Kinsley also joined in for a bit, the screen split into quadrants for each of their bizarre vehicles.

Pizza was delivered, and the games and fun extended through the evening and into the night, Sabrina's worries forgotten in the friendly energy.  It felt like she had found an oasis in a dark world, a shining jewel of love and acceptance that she had never believed possible, safe with her new and unlikely friends.

Before Sabrina retired to bed, well after midnight, Faith gave her a stack of papers - job applications - which the shorter woman vowed to fill out the following day.  Faith, with her shockingly bright red hair, was all smiles and warmth, encouragement and friendship.  Despite the sobering moment of holding the papers, Sabrina went to bed with a smile.

There were no Lila cuddles that night.  The bed was empty when Sabrina woke in the middle of the night, alone.  The house was eerily quiet with the glow of the television gone.  Lila's door was open, the cat snuggled up to the smaller girl, who was hugging a stuffed horse and slumbering soundly.  Sabrina was surprised by the disappointment she felt, by the loneliness that gripped her heart as she returned to the bed in Emmie's room.

She knew it was unrealistic to expect the relative stranger to visit her bed again, but it was undeniably nice to have the warmth of another body near her while she rested, and sleep did not come as easily that night.

• Like 13
2 hours ago, bbykimmy said:

Her dreams had been filled with the girl, following her, hugging her, sharing a juice box of all things.  And after a long hug following the shared drink, Dream-Lila had whispered in her ear:  I think I want to keep you.

A true angel.  A real hero.

• Like 1

This is taking off really well. Enjoying it a lot. I’m on the lookout for personality traits....

I can see why Sophie likes this story, even though I’ve only read like 3 chapters and she’s read more than that!

Should be proud of yourself Kimmy 

9 hours ago, Wannatripbaby said:

<---- *Does not drink sweet iced tea, but drinks hot tea with milk and sugar every morning like the British do*

I'm weird. XD

Ah - but you know what I'm talking about :D

Tell me it isn't everywhere and a half-religion :P

5 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

A true angel.  A real hero.

Best girl.

24 minutes ago, Sarahbedwetter said:

This is taking off really well. Enjoying it a lot. I’m on the lookout for personality traits....

I can see why Sophie likes this story, even though I’ve only read like 3 chapters and she’s read more than that!

Should be proud of yourself Kimmy 

I'm worried it's a bit of a slow start for the audience - we aren't getting many comments so far (I super appreciate everyone who does comment!) but Chapter Four starts to turn up the heat a bit.

51 minutes ago, bbykimmy said:

I'm worried it's a bit of a slow start for the audience -

I don't think it's slow at all. More like... relaxed. Calm. In 3 short chapters Sabrina has gone from a lonesome stranger to a part of a family! That's pretty fast!

I am a bit wary of Lila though. O_o

Also wasn't there mention of a 4th member? Angie or something? Why haven't we seen her yet?