LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Joe Rogan Experience #1425- Garret reisman

Im a big JRE fan.  This podcast he has on an astronaut who spent 90 days on the space station and completed multiple space walks.  He openly talks about wearing diapers during his training and space walks and admits to using them and even pooping in one to see see how it felt.  All within the first 30 mins.

Being a total space nerd this has always fascinated me. Aside from the occasional comment or interview excerpt, I don't see too many astronauts commenting too openly about actually using their diapers. I've seen a few comments mentioning that it's much easier to wear to sleep on the ISS then to have to get up and float over to the module containing the bathroom facilities. They say each module varies in temperature quite a bit and some modules are pretty cold on the way through so going in a diaper is way easier. I'll have to see if I can find that article (may have even been a forum comment somewhere, who knows the validity of it). Good find on this one anyways. I love my JRE podcasts! Thanks! Oh by the way, here's an image from the space shuttle mid deck while in orbit. Notice the size of that diaper stash in the upper right! lol

800px-STS-133_Nicole_Stott_on_the_middeck.jpg

• Like 2

@Space Pants  I think the colored package in the top right is a few packs of Huggies brand wipes. You can almost make out the oval shaped lid. Not sure specifically on the diapers but there' definitely lots of them! Looks like booster pads too even. Thought this was cool too. More on that here.....http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewnews.html?id=1194

image.png.bb5229a83cb165dfb5d464cdb1504293.png

@TheHuntForAdventure ah I think you're right now you said it, I can see the logo. That's pretty cool, a massive nappy stash. Oh yeah, they've got diagrams for Huggies packaging. Although, unsurprising really since it's going to space but interesting to find. I wonder if they're are notes and schematics for the diapers online somewhere. In your previous comment you mentioned about using a astronauts using diaper at night, do you know where you read that?

That is an awesome picture. Looks like a large diaper stash on the space station. Im happy to see some more Rogan fans too.  The people he has on his podcasts are so fascinating. One of my favorite guests is Neil Degrass Tyson.

As a foot note, one of his other guests, the very funny Ms Patt. Has mentioned wearing diapers too. In jest, but the way she says it, I think she has some leakage issues. She joked about needing the next absorption level because she leaks so much.

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2020 at 4:04 PM, Space Pants said:

@TheHuntForAdventure ah I think you're right now you said it, I can see the logo. That's pretty cool, a massive nappy stash. Oh yeah, they've got diagrams for Huggies packaging. Although, unsurprising really since it's going to space but interesting to find. I wonder if they're are notes and schematics for the diapers online somewhere. In your previous comment you mentioned about using a astronauts using diaper at night, do you know where you read that?

I'm kind of curious too.  I remember during the news run of the astronaut love triangle in '08, that astronauts were given 3 MAGs for each mission, one for launch, one for re-entry, and one for EVA.  Of course, this was during the shuttle era too.

I also read a book by Chris Jones called "Too Far From Home." The book did cover some on astronauts and diapers.

Having seen that though, I may have to throw on my NASA flightsuit and an ABU Space diaper and try that myself. ?

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

...damn, if an alien(friendly & talkative type, LOL)boards that space station and ever sees all those diapers, he/she's going to assume all human beings use them, LOL.

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2020 at 6:04 PM, Space Pants said:

Who'd have thought, four months later and I stumble upon this post. I knew this sounded familiar, like I'd read it before. I have no clue how legit the info is on Quora but this is the one!

https://www.quora.com/As-an-adult-have-you-ever-wet-yourself-on-purpose

• Like 2

@TheHuntForAdventure You found it at last! Wow it seems pretty legit too, also looks like he's got a book  'The ordinary Spaceman', might have to read this. 

This creates more questions; like what does his colleagues think about this? I would of thought Nasa had tight restrictions on astronauts waste quantity,  wearing two diapers a week doesn't sound much but it would soon add up. Thats eight potential space walk missions (a month) those diapers could otherwise be used for! Perhaps Nasa is lot more lenient than we would think. Thanks for finding this.

@Space Pants I've often asked those questions myself. I'm starting to think maybe it's an unspoken yet accepted part of astronaut culture. Remember when Lisa Nowak made the news? Something tells me wearing diapers outside of their necessary, mission critical time frames isn't the least bit uncommon for these men and women. I mean, once they get over the initial taboo of using their diaper, which I'm sure they all do, they probably realize how comfortable and convenient they can be. I know I've personally spoken to more than one person who wore due to bedwetting during their youth out of necessity but still enjoys wearing into adulthood. Now by choice rather than necessity. As far as NASA goes, that's an interesting question that we'll probably never really know the answer to. If I had to guess, I'd bet it's a don't ask, don't tell kind of thing. I'm sure they're given an ample supply through restocking vessels.