LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A question I've been asking myself - Anyone else?

Since I started messing my diapers more than only occasionally, recently I started wondering if what I am doing, and possibly others here who mess themselves voluntarily, could be considered coprophilia?  In case some who are reading my confused thoughts here are wondering what is coprophilia, here's what Merriam-Webster says about coprophilia:

cop·ro·phil·ia | \ ˌkä-prə-ˈfi-lē-ə  \
Definition of coprophilia
: marked interest in excrement
especially : the use of feces or filth for sexual excitement

Now I'm asking myself if the above definition fits me and I was wondering if anyone else here thinks it fits them as well?

8 minutes ago, minachan16 said:

Does pooping in your diapers turn you on? If the answer is yes, there's your answer.

The definition says "interest" in excrement, it only elaborates by saying "especially" doing so for sexual excitement.  I do it voluntarily but I'm not sexually excited about it.  I do get a "good feeling" when I do it though.  It's definitely "interesting".

I'm not sure if I'm asking people here to assure me that I'm not coprophilic, or if I'm looking to find others who like I am, are wondering the same thing.  I guess I'm just trying to start an open dialogue to get other people's thoughts on where the line is drawn here.  Are those of us who practice voluntary messing, but say we aren't coprophilic in denial?  

Not sure I would worry so much about labels.  It could be considered coprophilia to some depending on how much you enjoy it.  So what?  It's not like you are so obsessed that you stick your hand in your poop and rub it all over your face or body or (and some people have done so) put it in your mouth.  There are many things that can turn a person on sexually, but so what?  Some are turned on by rubber raincoats, some have foot fetishes, most of us have a diaper fetish.  Even most regular people enjoy normal sex but have variations as well that turn them on.  Sex toys, different fantasies.  No big deal.  Ok, we like to wear and use diapers.  That is the common thread among the members here on this site.  Some do it as part of regression to help take them back to their baby or toddler days.  Some do it as stress relief.  Some just enjoy the feeling of a wet diaper and many do get off on their diapers sexually.  Yes, many normal people would be disgusted with the idea that we would wear diapers and mess ourselves just for our own fun and enjoyment, but those same people would be disgusted with us for wearing a diaper anyway.  I may mess my diaper once or twice a month.  It used to be I would mess my diaper only once every year or two.  I'm not obsessed with doing it.  It's not all I think of all the time.  I do enjoy the feeling of pushing out a load in my diaper now and then and sitting at my computer reading the forum posts or chatting in the chat room.  I don't like the smell or the clean up but if I want to enjoy the feeling of a messy diaper, it's something I know I will have to put up with.

Those who mess their pants or diapers do it for many reasons, but they all enjoy it (except maybe some who are bowel incontinent and have no choice in the matter).  If they didn't like or enjoy it, they wouldn't keep doing it.  Some do it because it makes them feel like an actual baby and that is what they are going for.  Some do it because they love the feeling of being in a messy diaper.  Some just love feeling it push out into their pants or diaper.  Some do it because it makes them feel naughty, going in their pants when most everyone else goes in a toilet.  Some do it for the thrill of knowing people around them are aware they just messed in their pants.  Some of these reasons could be non sexual and some could be sexual.  Some do masturbate in their diapers, dry, wet and also messy.  That could make it sexual or coprophilia if you have a need to call it that.  It all relates to how you feel about it and even what you fantasize about when masturbating.  My opinion is yes, it could be a sexual feeling we get when we load up our diapers and sit around in our mess.  Coprophilia?  Technically maybe, but I think if you are going to label anyone with that term it may apply differently to those of us who may be AB/DL.  Why?  Because with someone who has an AB or DL fetish, it's just one part of what we do overall.  To explain, someone has an AB fetish.  What they do as part of their fetish is wear diapers, wear baby clothes, use a pacifier and baby bottles, eat baby food, watch children's TV shows, roll play as baby with a mommy or daddy who cares for them and treats them as a baby including diaper changes.  To wet and mess their diapers is just one part of their overall AB fetish.  The same can be said of a DL who is not into AB or baby play.  They like to just wear diapers for the feel they get from them.  They love the feel of a plastic backed disposable diaper, the thickness of it between their legs.  Waddling around with it on.  How they look in a mirror wearing their diaper.  Even the colors and designs of their diaper or just the fact that it's plain white and instatutional looking.  Some get a thrill of being out in public wondering if others will notice they are wearing a diaper.  Some like sitting around their home in just a shirt and their diaper and some even enjoy the attention from their wife when asked when they are going to change diapers or the occasional pat on the diapered butt from their spouse.  Wetting or messing in their diaper is just one part of the total overall experience.  Kind of like the ice cream on top of the pie or capping off your night on the town with a drink or snack after the show.  Sure, the poop can be part of the overall sexual feelings of diapers, but it's not the sole source.  My understanding of coprophilia is someone who gets off sexually on his own feces.  He or she are so into their own wastes that they play with it, hold it in their hands, rub it all over their body and more.  That's what turns them on sexually and while messing your diaper and sitting in it might be considered coprophilia to some extent, I think it's a far cry from the actual definition because we that have diaper fetishes do so only as part of the overall diaper or baby play, not because we are fixated on poop.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@rusty pins, thank you for your very complete discussion on the subject.  I kind of figured if someone played devil's advocate on this subject, that you would probably have a concise and well thought argument against the label. 

I frankly don't consider myself coprophilic but started to ask myself the question, so someone else who can spell out their complete thoughts on the subject is welcome.  Thanks again.

Good question by the op and good replies, Rusty Pins and others 

Only speaking for me but I  feel like messing isn't a turn on per say and more of a relaxing thing I do. Its hard to think of a way to relax more fully then when the chance arrives to poo in my diaper. It isn't a turn on, but the thought of a woman I find attractive  messing a diaper is about the biggest turn on I can think of. Keep on keeping on and don't worry about what something is or isn't called.     

In my case at least, I wouldn’t consider it coprophilia due to excitement not being linked straight into feces/filth. Rather it is the whole scenario of losing control and being in really vulnerable state that turns me on. For instance, I can replicate the idea of messing with bananas or oatmeal, again, the humiliation factor is triggered. I also need to stress that whenever I play with any of the forementioned substances I do it diapered. I’m not interested of the smell, filthiness nor the substance either. I’m interested of getting feeling of uncontrollability and humiliation, sometimes feeling little.

My point is: me getting sexual excitement from diaper demands:1. I’m wearing one(duh) and 2. I can produce or someone else can produce mind state for me that triggers the aspects I mentioned earlier. I can then add 3rd thing (be it messing, peeing etc.) to stimulate the 2. point but only the first 2 are necessary for excitement and the 3rd can be almost anything. Therefore I don’t view it as coprophilia.

I get your confusion, truly. When I first discovered fetishes I told myself that I was strictly a DL with a taste for Medical play... Then I added Enemas and Suppositories... Then I added AB and Potties... And finally Toilet Voyeur, at which point I had to stop and really think about it. I had to admit that I am a coprophilliac, with the smells and sounds of any kind of BM having an undeniable affect on me. It took time to get over, but I feel much much better now that I’m honest with myself about what TRULY turns me on.