LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Writers Panel at CAPCon 2020!

Just now, WBDaddy said:

Oh no, I've already scripted the questions I'll be asked and everything! :D

I have a feeling your little is just going to be reading from cue cards in the audience while switching out between an elaborate set of disguises.

Also, all of my answers will be scripted as well.  "Diapers"

11 minutes ago, Personalias said:

Also, all of my answers will be scripted as well.  "Diapers"

Regardless of the question, at CAP that's probably the correct answer at least 50% of the time. 

10 minutes ago, Personalias said:

Let's try it!

So W.B.  What motifs do you often revisit within the larger body of your work?

Diapers.

So Pers.  What common thread helps you find empathy with your main characters?

7 minutes ago, Personalias said:

Diapers.

So W.B.  What emotions or feelings do you hope that your writing evokes in your readers?

Diapers. :D 

So Pers.  You write a great deal of fantastical settings and plot elements.  What helps you keep them grounded in a personal reality? 

Just now, WBDaddy said:

Diapers. :D 

So Pers.  You write a great deal of fantastical settings and plot elements.  What helps you keep them grounded in a personal reality? 

Diapers

W.B.  Contrariwise, your stories are often more personal and about a character's emotional journey with a focus on inner reflection and interpersonal relationships.  How do you manage to so successfully make the protagonists in your stories relatable without being cookie cutter mary sues?

10 minutes ago, ABAlex said:

TBH never had the guts to go to these things. Always imagined a picture of me there surfacing somehow. Anyway, have fun.

Bro. You have no idea how much fun these things are.  Maybe CAP is a bit big for a first-timer - 1000 people can be overwhelming.  Find something local, or at least something low-key that's in the area.  That's the first step.  Fet is full of littles get-togethers all over the planet, and many of them are small, 20, 30, 50 people. 

• Like 1
Just now, ABAlex said:

TBH never had the guts to go to these things. Always imagined a picture of me there surfacing somehow. Anyway, have fun.

I did the opposite of what WB just said.  I went to a con, didn't use Personalias as my nametag, and just got lost in the crowd, comforting myself that my nearest relatives or employers were far far away, and if they weren't...mutually assured destruction.  Liked it so much that I started going to smaller events to get more of the feeling of companionship.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, WBDaddy said:

Bro. You have no idea how much fun these things are.  Maybe CAP is a bit big for a first-timer - 1000 people can be overwhelming.  Find something local, or at least something low-key that's in the area.  That's the first step.  Fet is full of littles get-togethers all over the planet, and many of them are small, 20, 30, 50 people. 

Ah I've looked and considered, and I imagine they are fun. Its just a frightening concept. Thanks though!

7 minutes ago, Personalias said:

I did the opposite of what WB just said.  I went to a con, didn't use Personalias as my nametag, and just got lost in the crowd, comforting myself that my nearest relatives or employers were far far away, and if they weren't...mutually assured destruction.  Liked it so much that I started going to smaller events to get more of the feeling of companionship.

LOL 'mutually assured destruction" is a good point. 

You didn't use Personalias? I think I'd almost prefer to use a fake name, especially the online one.

I might try it at some point. I've sort of always considered it then backed out.

Just now, ABAlex said:

Ah I've looked and considered, and I imagine they are fun. Its just a frightening concept. Thanks though!

LOL 'mutually assured destruction" is a good point. 

You didn't use Personalias? I think I'd almost prefer to use a fake name, especially the online one.

I might try it at some point. I've sort of always considered it then backed out.

I'm not saying I used my real name.  I just didn't use Personalias. Heck.  Alex is a common enough name in of itself.

Wait...I live in Chicago and wasn’t asked to be a part of this panel? I feel like the child who was never picked in gym class. The comment on my nursery school report card that I don’t play well with others obviously continues to haunt me to this very day....?

tammie

Author of “The Potty Training Buddy,” “The Shrink,” “Tricked into Diapers,” and more

Just now, tammie2 said:

Wait...I live in Chicago and wasn’t asked to be a part of this panel? I feel like the child who was never picked in gym class. The comment on my nursery school report card that I don’t play well with others obviously continues to haunt me to this very day....?

tammie

Author of “The Potty Training Buddy,” “The Shrink,” “Tricked into Diapers,” and more

Nobody was asked.  All of the speakers are friends, Kimmy being the common link for most of us and the idea was pitched to CAPCon Staff when they were doing an all-call for presenters.

On 2/13/2020 at 10:40 PM, Pudding said:

I cannot be scripted, minimally formatted, or orchestrated!

You forgot censored hun ? especially at the panel. No one can hide the birth of behemoth one liners!

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, baby frost said:

I just want to say it was awesome seeing all of you and the panel was amazing 

Thank you!  Did you have a favorite part?  I wanna know what we did well so we can do it again (hopefully) next year!  Psyched

I didn't have the pleasure of attending and meeting everyone face to face, but knowing the writers on the panel, I'm sure it was a powerhouse combination. Would you gaiz consider doing a write up/ summary of your experience? Did you, as presenters, have a favorite part of your panel? Any favorite or challenging questions from the audience? Would you do it again next year?  And, the most important question that I'm sure has been burning in everyones' brains, do you like green eggs and ham? How about with a side of spam, green ham in a can? 

It really was excellent, CK. One of the best parts of the Con. I hope they do it again next year (and I selfishly selflessly volunteer to do it with them if anyone can't). ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Personalias said:

Thank you!  Did you have a favorite part?  I wanna know what we did well so we can do it again (hopefully) next year!  Psyched

I enjoyed the entire thing but for me the best part was seeing the personalities that came from each of you

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Personalias said:

I wish I was there to shake your hand for placing my Gwen, Gretel, and Lola in video game.  

Gwen a diapered badass!  

I deeply enjoyed running this panel.  I felt like I had a great opportunity to express how important writing is to me and help the audience understand why it is that we do what we do.  I feel like I was equal parts informative, silly, and empathetic.  Feelings and love are at the core of all of my stories and I really had a great time sharing that perspective.

The highlight for me was probably talking about my writing method, about having the seeds of characters and watching them blossom... and what happens when you try to force an organic character to behave in a way that contradicts what they are.

I will ABSOLUTELY run this panel again next year if the CAPCon committee is fine with me doing so.  It was a joyous time.

Well, as I expected, happy to hear it went off great without my curmudgeonly presence.  Hopefully I can actually make it next year (when I won't be renovating a fucking house and have contractors ghosting me for a week ahead of listing deadline).