LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Urgency symptoms

For a while now, i’ve been having some weird urgency issues.

I’ll get the urge to pee, and hold it until i go to the bathroom. It’s not necessarily a strong urge, but my bladder calls on me to release and occupies a lot of my attention anyway. When i finally make it to the bathroom, i’ll usually find that i don’t release that much, at least not that much in proportion to the urge to go. Then a couple minutes after i leave the bathroom i’ll get another urge to go!

When i’m at home, i’m usually wearing pull ups, so i’ll just release into that if this happens. It’s usually not that much urine on the second release, and i won’t get another urge for a while after that, depending on how much liquid i’ve been drinking.

I gone through many stints of wearing and wetting diapers close to 24/7 over the past 5 years, and i’ve definitely noticed that my bladder and stream has weakened as a result. I don’t wear 24/7 right now, but often wear a pull up at home and to bed, holding it most of the time.

I think this might be some form of overflow incontinence? I’m still able to hold it in, but the strong urge to go right after having just peed seems abnormal to me. Has anyone else who’s worn for extended periods of time experienced similar symptoms?

• Like 1
For a while now, i’ve been having some weird urgency issues.
I’ll get the urge to pee, and hold it until i go to the bathroom. It’s not necessarily a strong urge, but my bladder calls on me to release and occupies a lot of my attention anyway. When i finally make it to the bathroom, i’ll usually find that i don’t release that much, at least not that much in proportion to the urge to go. Then a couple minutes after i leave the bathroom i’ll get another urge to go!
When i’m at home, i’m usually wearing pull ups, so i’ll just release into that if this happens. It’s usually not that much urine on the second release, and i won’t get another urge for a while after that, depending on how much liquid i’ve been drinking.
I gone through many stints of wearing and wetting diapers close to 24/7 over the past 5 years, and i’ve definitely noticed that my bladder and stream has weakened as a result. I don’t wear 24/7 right now, but often wear a pull up at home and to bed, holding it most of the time.
I think this might be some form of overflow incontinence? I’m still able to hold it in, but the strong urge to go right after having just peed seems abnormal to me. Has anyone else who’s worn for extended periods of time experienced similar symptoms?

Not really but i have prescription medication induced incontinence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a similar issue. Diapers may have contributed to it, but I went to a urologist because I was getting bladder infections. The two are related. 

For me, it’s a combination of overactive bladder and difficulty starting and maintaining a good flow to empty my bladder all at once. The latter is what was causing the infections, my flow issues are caused by pelvic floor distinction (muscles too strong and resistant to relaxation, necessary for urination) and a narrow prostate.

I had a bunch of sessions with a pelvic physical therapist to work on the pelvic floor issue, and I’m taking Flomax. It’s better, not perfect, but I haven’t had a bladder infection since November.

If you really think it’s overflow incontinence, I’d strongly recommend you see a doctor/urologist and get the problem diagnosed.  The back pressure created by a constantly full bladder will cause kidney damage over time.

If your bladder is like mine it has probably shrunk in size from constantly emptying, and it takes less liquid to fill the bladder and get the need to empty again. 

This for me is a direct result from my diaper training and I am now able to wet my diapers without even knowing I need to go. 

The fact that you have to pee two times in a raw means you don’t fully void the first time. It’s like your bladder walls lost elasticity and require those couple of minutes to fit again to reduced liquid volume you still have in there. Once it happens, however, inside pressure goes up and triggers the need to go.

I've seen discussions about a "two-stage" bladder on another forum recently. I guess it means you either aren't emptying fully, or are in a situation (e.g. through alcohol or caffeine) where your bladder is filling up quickly. In any case, a good nappy is advisable!

On 2/23/2020 at 6:40 AM, Clr224 said:

If you really think it’s overflow incontinence, I’d strongly recommend you see a doctor/urologist and get the problem diagnosed.  The back pressure created by a constantly full bladder will cause kidney damage over time.

I don’t necessarily feel full all the time though, and i haven’t experienced any pain down there which is what makes me think my weaker bladder is due to wearing diapers so often. I think if i started to experience pain or anything I would seek medical attention 

On 2/23/2020 at 12:06 PM, iluvmydiapers said:

If your bladder is like mine it has probably shrunk in size from constantly emptying, and it takes less liquid to fill the bladder and get the need to empty again. 

This for me is a direct result from my diaper training and I am now able to wet my diapers without even knowing I need to go. 

I’m certain that my bladder has shrunk, it seems when I have to pee that I finish very soon, albeit with a pretty weak stream. I’m clearly not emptying all of it when I go to the bathroom though with these symptoms. TBH I would love to get to a point where I could afford to wear diapers 24/7 and not have to worry about it anymore. Congratulations on your 24/7 progress!

On 2/23/2020 at 7:40 PM, Bonsai said:

The fact that you have to pee two times in a raw means you don’t fully void the first time. It’s like your bladder walls lost elasticity and require those couple of minutes to fit again to reduced liquid volume you still have in there. Once it happens, however, inside pressure goes up and triggers the need to go.

This is very interesting and I think you might be right! The urge to go two times in a row does happen a lot when i’m drinking more liquids, so it makes sense that it doesn’t take that long to fill up again to it’s limited capacity with there already being some left.

9 hours ago, nappylover78 said:

I've seen discussions about a "two-stage" bladder on another forum recently. I guess it means you either aren't emptying fully, or are in a situation (e.g. through alcohol or caffeine) where your bladder is filling up quickly. In any case, a good nappy is advisable!

I never knew there was a term for this! Do you have a link to that discussion? Would love to read more and see how much I can relate to there two stage bladder symptoms. I do feel like it’s a combination of both not emptying fully and being in a situation where my bladder is filling up quickly. I don’t get the two stage bladder symptoms constantly throughout the day but it does happen daily and especially when i’m drinking more. I wish I could wear diapers 24/7 and not have to think about it.

You probably won’t feel like your bladder is full even if it remains partially full after urinating. Over time, your bladder becomes desensitized. An ultrasound scan of your bladder can easily determine if you are completely emptying your bladder when you urinate. I’ve observed what long term overflow incontinence can do.  The kidney damage it causes almost killed my father.  That’s why I recommend seeing a urologist.