LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New to pocket diapers

Slim27

Hello I am new to pocket diapers and want to know what the best materials for inserts are and if there are any combinations to allow me to wear a pocket diaper for up to 10 hours with no leaks. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions, after wearing disposables every day for 3 years I am trying to find a cheaper long time option since the only disposables that work that long are seni super plus paired with a somewhat thick doubler

After looking at this

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pocket+diapers

Not me. It has everything that I do not like. all the absorbent material is between the legs, where the most delidate and sensitive tissue is. My diapers are of even thickness throughout and this gets the wet out of the crotch area quicdly and wikes it to other parts of the diaper. I am better off with an even 4 or 5 layers throughout than say an 8 x 4 or 9 and that funny"suede" linerthat keeps the rather harsh wet between my legs. The holder tries to be all things to all people, meaning it is too complicated in construction, being a shell, liner and special leg opening

I use the separate diaper and panty, tow simple pieces, less prone to failure or coming apart. The diaper and panty are held up separately so a properly fitting panty helps hold the diaer up and there is less sag. anything but traditional rubber panties has a bad reputation, even within the last month, I have heard of them being damp on the outside -- where one's clothes are. And being gas permeable "breathable", they pass things that are part of the excretia out to the clothes whereas classic waterproof panties do not. Textile waterproof panties have had a bad reputation for 81 years. The problem is in the nature of woven fabrics. Since I only wet, I do not have the problems associated with #2, along with the basic ickyness of it

Why try to re-invent the wheel and make it square?

That was the purpose of the YouTube link. It was intended to give insight into pocket diapers from those who use them. In fact, they mention some of the similarities between pocket diapers and throw-aways

2 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

That looks good but the size I need for my pocket diapers is 8 inch by 20 inch the only ones I could find in that size are microfiber and I steered away from those cause they're prone to compression leaks

1 hour ago, Slim27 said:

That looks good but the size I need for my pocket diapers is 8 inch by 20 inch the only ones I could find in that size are microfiber and I steered away from those cause they're prone to compression leaks

I found one that’s 7x20 on eBay. # 131640268696 

I also found some on Etsy, but they don’t list a size, other then for men. The seller is bunnie4 at Etsy.

I saw another seller on Etsy, creeksidekid they said they will do custom sizes. Maybe you could send them a message, and ask if they can do your size, and cost.

Another suggestion, if you’re handy? You could buy the child sizes, and sew them together. Or, just look for Zorb material, that you could cut yourself, or have a seamstress/taylor cut and sew them. 
I’m sorry, cause I use to know a place, (on line) that had them for adults, but I can’t locate them now. 

• 2 months later...

I have two cheap pocket diapers from amazon, they leak unless you stuff them alot.  They came with microfiber inserts that are too small.  I've had alot better luck from my ecoables snap in insert diaper.  Much easier and inserts are the right size and stay put.