LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What are your thoughts on my hand crafted cloth diapers?

Check out my cloth diapers I have been making! These are the best cloth diapers I've ever made! They are super thick with 10 layers of cotton fabric down the core and flannel encased leak guards and leg cuffs. The panels of prints and colors really make this diaper eye pleasing. Can it be any more "diaper"? 

I am going to start taking commissions soon and I'm auctioning off both diapers here and here.

I'm super excited with how these are coming out and think they look great!

Any thoughts or interesting ideas you'd like to see in a diaper?

Pink Print Open Twist.jpg

Pink Print Left.jpg

Orange and White Animals 1.jpg

Orange and White Animals 2.jpg

Orange and White Animals 18.jpg

• Like 2
8 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

Are those AIO's or do you need a diaper cover over them. They came out really nice.

Hugs,

Freta

These are just the diapers and need a cover. I have thought about AIOs and will probably make them at some point! It won't be too hard to take my current design and convert it to an AIO. I just need to take the time to develop it and test it out. When I do make an AIO, it will be done right!

1 hour ago, Ferix said:

These are just the diapers and need a cover. I have thought about AIOs and will probably make them at some point! It won't be too hard to take my current design and convert it to an AIO. I just need to take the time to develop it and test it out. When I do make an AIO, it will be done right!

An older gentleman I know in our local ABDL group said he has been sewing for almost longer than I am old and said that PUL requires special treatment to seal the seams but I saw something somewhere (Joanns fabric?  A pattern site?) that said with PUL you simply have to use a tight stitch and no special heat sealing in a hot dryer is needed.

With the conflicting information, I'm scared to try to make a PUL diaper cover for fear that the seams will act like sieves instead of sealing properly.

Any idea who is right?

I feel like regardless of what size needle you are using, you are always going to have a seeping issue. there are sealers and I have used them on plastic pants that I have experimented with in the past. The problem with those is they don't tolerate the dryer well. My work around idea is to make sure there isn't any stitching to adulterate the pul material, except for at the perimeter of the diaper, where it would be attached to elastic and the rest of the diaper. I have ideas that I want to test out first before I come out with something; my ultimate goal would be to build an all in one that has stitching but is still leak proof and sturdy enough to last with regular wear.

I made all of my cloth diaper covers myself out of PUL fabric. It actually works very well without too much of a hassle. (Silk and other fabrics are much more difficult) The big thing for the seams is that you need to make them 'French Seams' so that it's essentially a double layered lock when you're done. Actually needing to buy some more fabric and make some more. I've had my current ones for seven years, so they're starting to wear out a bit around the elastic. 

@Ferix that top diaper is adorable!!!!

6 hours ago, DL-Boy said:

An older gentleman I know in our local ABDL group said he has been sewing for almost longer than I am old and said that PUL requires special treatment to seal the seams but I saw something somewhere (Joanns fabric?  A pattern site?) that said with PUL you simply have to use a tight stitch and no special heat sealing in a hot dryer is needed.

With the conflicting information, I'm scared to try to make a PUL diaper cover for fear that the seams will act like sieves instead of sealing properly.

Any idea who is right?

Just using a tight stitch sounds right.  PUL can melt if it's heated too much which is also why diapers with PUL layers should be hang dried.

On 2/7/2020 at 8:03 PM, DL-Boy said:

Any idea who is right?

That's why I'm glad I bought my PUL from  https://www.adultclothdiaper.com/

51 minutes ago, le Hollandais said:

Since my recent post I examined my LeakMaster pants. They have a triple stitch (forward/backward/forward) on the inside and a serged seam on the edge which can be approximated using an overcast stitch on a regular machine. They aren't even stitched with PU against PU...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 6:54 AM, AbabeBill said:

Hey looks great! Wish you all the best with the new website. 
I hope soon, I might count myself as a customer. 

Awesome! It's been really fun working with people making them diapers so I look forward to working with you! Everyone is always super excited about it and their reaction when they get diaper is awesome! I also quit my career as an EMT just yesterday the 9th, so I am officially a full time diaper crafter!!!

1 hour ago, Ferix said:

Awesome! It's been really fun working with people making them diapers so I look forward to working with you! Everyone is always super excited about it and their reaction when they get diaper is awesome! I also quit my career as an EMT just yesterday the 9th, so I am officially a full time diaper crafter!!!

Well, I wish you all the best. EMT, is a good thing to be away from now. Never an easy job. Good luck making diapers!

On 4/10/2020 at 4:00 AM, AbabeBill said:

Well, I wish you all the best. EMT, is a good thing to be away from now. Never an easy job. Good luck making diapers!

Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing where diaper crafting takes me!

It was definitely good timing to leave. I actually went part time and stopped working in the field about a month before Corona happened so I totally avoided any exposure.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, diaprbayb said:

:girl_happy:nice, but you need to get more "girly" patterns.

I make them custom to order with any prints the commissioner asks for. I haven't made as many girly print diapers because that's not being commissioned. I have nothing against girly diapers!

Also, you can see on my website that I have plenty of girly fabrics! I have in stock over 100 prints and colors that should accommodate most palates, most of which you can see here: www.waddlebutt.fun/fabrics/

I also order in fabrics if there's a specialty fabric that the commissioner wants that I don't carry.

• Like 1