LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Acid Reflux (TMI warning)

DailyDi

Had a Doctor-to-pharmacy communication issue this week that caused me to run out of my acid reflux medicine. Within a day I was puking up whatever I ate and having accidents caused by excess acid liquefying anything that hit my stomach. Amazing how quickly the medicine wore off completely.

Back on it now, and doing better, though slightly nauseous, which should pass soon as the meds build back up in my system.

• Sad 1

Reflux sucks ,stomach acid will make almost anything into baby food ,I use a PPI and have the head of my bed elevated ,I have a hospital bed if you don't even elevating it slightly with a jar lid under each floor of the headboard has shown to be beneficial.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I don't know if it's acid reflux or not but some nights I'll wake up coughing horribly with an acidic taste in my mouth and throat. It often takes a full day to feel better after an "episode".

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Elfy said:

I don't know if it's acid reflux or not but some nights I'll wake up coughing horribly with an acidic taste in my mouth and throat. It often takes a full day to feel better after an "episode".

Yes, thats usually reflux

5 hours ago, Elfy said:

I started to have the same issue about 4 years ago. Its mostly greesy foods that cause it to act up. Slowly trying to change my diet up so I'm more vegetarian but man...

That Salami and steaks is hard to give up.

PS: Also try drinking very alkaline water. The very high ph water will cause the ph level in your stomic to rise. I drink at a 10 pH level when I can.

I had severe acid reflux for about 5 years.

Then i had a heart attack and 5 way bypass surgery and have not had any problem with acid reflux since.

the doctors doing the bypass surgery did something that cured the reflux but i would not want to do it again.

Likely i had a hiatal hernia and that was what was causing the acid reflux and opening my chest and moving everything around moved things back in place.

When I've been awoken with a reflux in the past, I run to the fridge and grab my ice water and drink about half a liter, then I'm all better until the morning.  It doesn't happen as often as it used to, maybe due to my recent weight loss. Don't think it's happened since I started watching how much I eat, to be honest.

I suffered from this for over 30 years.  The cure for me was retiring, & I have had very little trouble since.  Stress was the main thing that exacerbated it.  Coffee was the other, and it was a lot easier to control once I gave coffee up.  It will have been the caffeine in the coffee - I've never drunk cola.  And it didn't help that when proton pump inhibitors arrived on the scene, it turned out I was intolerant to them - I always got nasty skin conditions that get worse until I stopped taking them.

And I had a hiatus hernia too, although that occurred long after the reflux started.

So, give up grownup drinks, stop working and find a Mummy to look after you so you don't get stressed.  Milk's good for stomach trouble too...

I hae had a hiatal hernia diagnoses for about 35 years, in the 197o0's it was treated as anulcer, but a 1986 upper GI fluoroscopy showed it to be a hernia.  I am also allegic to proton pump inhibitors (Prilosec and the like) I have been using famotodine (aka Pepsid) for the last few years, before that it was Ramatadine (aka Zantac) since '84 and before that Tagamet

9 hours ago, EQIIFreak said:

If its not to personal, what is the medication you are talking about? Many of the acid reflux medications can frequently be bough OTC now (although in different dosages).

I take prescription protonix

I take prescription protonix
Same here on protons or it's generic Pantaprozole ,another truck for reflux suffers is sleep on your left side, makes it harder for the acid to escape the stomach ,and for God sakes upgrade your diaper if you are going to start side sleeping ,side sleeping is the greatest challenge for any diaper .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Cruiser 03 said:

for God sakes upgrade your diaper if you are going to start side sleeping ,side sleeping is the greatest challenge for any diaper .

Not for mine

large.2026942208_6readyforrubberpanties.

I feel your pain DD. I've had it since 2002. My ins. pays for generic Prilosec which means I'm taking a placebo because it does no good. I try to keep my food portions small and take other meds to help. I think everyone knows that if it stays bad it can lead to esophageal cancer. My nephew, whose doctor I used to have, took too long before sending him to a gastroenterologist. By the time he was diagnosed he had stage 4. Only lived about 2 years. A very bad way to go out. I wish you the best.  

1 hour ago, Dprczyone said:

I feel your pain DD. I've had it since 2002. My ins. pays for generic Prilosec which means I'm taking a placebo because it does no good. I try to keep my food portions small and take other meds to help. I think everyone knows that if it stays bad it can lead to esophageal cancer. My nephew, whose doctor I used to have, took too long before sending him to a gastroenterologist. By the time he was diagnosed he had stage 4. Only lived about 2 years. A very bad way to go out. I wish you the best.  

Ask your doc if you can take protnix - it comes in generic and helps heal the esophagus as well as reduce acid.

I think Protonix and Prilosec are of the same speicies: proton pump inhibitors. Try Famotadine (Pepsid) and Ramatadine (Zantac) Zantac 75 and 150 mg are Over The Counter, I think

Thanks DD. Next time I see him I'll ask about it. Really like the idea that it heals the esophagus. I already have Barretts so healing would be good.  @LittleChristine I've tried both of those and use the Pepcid more when I need extra help getting rid of the discomfort. I'd rather get it through my ins. because I get 90 days worth for $5. So going through my doctor would be the cheapest. I probably have most if not all acid reflux meds in the house except for Protonix.