LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Can’t stop thinking about diapers

Early on in having this fetish I could sometimes go a couple weeks without wanting to wear and stuff. Now I find myself thinking about diapers minutes later after taking one off and going about my day and sometimes find myself falling into the urge of having to put one back on immediately lol. Don’t get me wrong I love diapers and wouldn’t give this fetish up even if I was able to because diapers are convenient, cute and comfy. But is there some good tips on controlling the urges ? I like my normal (Whatever that is) life too if that makes any sense

Concentrate on other hobbies and interests and try to go out with friends (or if married, try and go out to a movie at least once a week).  It can be easy to let the fetish take over and control your life if you let it!  I love diapers too, but I have so many other interests and I just force myself to do my diapers only on specific days when I really have time to enjoy them.  Otherwise I try to occupy my time with a movie, book, friends and other hobbies.  Find something you really like to do even if you may have to try different interests.  When you do, you will find it as much fun as diapers and that will help mix up your interests. 

I had the same problem back when I first started wearing diapers as an adult, I found myself wanting to be back in diapers minutes after taking one off. 

What I did was is not and is not recommended by many who visit this site. 

I decided  to wear a diaper no matter what I was doing or where I was going, back than I was only into wetting my diaper so I had to choose when and where I could do it and not get caught. 

That was then, now I wear diapers whenever I want to without worry who might find out. 

One other thought.  If someone says they can't stop thinking about diapers and want advice on wearing more often or going 24/7, I can see people easing their fears and worries by saying things like, "Just do it and enjoy it", or, "I felt that way myself and just decided to give up and go with it".

When the person instead says, "Is there some good tips on controlling the urges? I like my normal (Whatever that is) life too if that makes any sense", we should offer advice and tips to help with his request, specifically ideas on how to help control those urges, not advice that basically says, "Don't worry about it, just go with it and enjoy wearing diapers!"  No offence, but if we can't offer advice to the person on what he or she is asking for, perhaps we shouldn't comment at all if our comments aren't aimed at helping the problem or specific situation.  In other words, don't try to convince someone to come over to your way of thinking if they are not asking to do so.

To add to Rusty's comments, I think it could be thought of as "Consent to be coerced".  Did the OP ask for help to be more comfortable in their desire for more or a way to prevent that desire from taking over?  Did they consent to others trying to sway their thinking or did they only consent to those replies that were constructive in meeting their goal as it is referenced in their original post?  "Consent" is the key word here.  If no "cry for help" was made and only an open question about people's opinions, then it would be okay to give your opinion but if they are asking for help to accomplish a certain goal, they didn't consent to people telling them that the goal isn't the direction they should be going (unless the goal is obviously dangerous and self-destructive).

• Like 1
On 2/2/2020 at 9:48 AM, rusty pins said:

One other thought.  If someone says they can't stop thinking about diapers and want advice on wearing more often or going 24/7, I can see people easing their fears and worries by saying things like, "Just do it and enjoy it", or, "I felt that way myself and just decided to give up and go with it".

When the person instead says, "Is there some good tips on controlling the urges? I like my normal (Whatever that is) life too if that makes any sense", we should offer advice and tips to help with his request, specifically ideas on how to help control those urges, not advice that basically says, "Don't worry about it, just go with it and enjoy wearing diapers!"  No offence, but if we can't offer advice to the person on what he or she is asking for, perhaps we shouldn't comment at all if our comments aren't aimed at helping the problem or specific situation.  In other words, don't try to convince someone to come over to your way of thinking if they are not asking to do so.

Rusty, I’m afraid I must disagree with you on a couple points. I know you always give constructive criticism and heartfelt advice but in this case I think it’s not really helpful.

When the poster asks tips on controlling urges and you advise against giving the poster our opinions because they do not give him exactly what he is asking for, it deprives the poster information they might find useful. I would point out that just because you have a strong ability to control your urges doesn’t mean the poster has urges that are at a “controllable” level like you. You should also consider that the poster is an adult and should be capable of making their own decision on what advice is useful and what advice should be disregarded.

Many of us have urges that make control difficult. For me personally I have issues with incontinence so that I no longer need to control urges because I wear diapers so much of the time. Wearing more often and not being too concerned about it is a healthy alternative to being obsessed with controlling the urges.

Hugs,

Freta

Stealing something I wrote before on a similar subject....

Over the years my interest in diapers has waxed and waned. Sometimes it's all I can think about, and other times I've gone weeks without them.

When it is all I can think about, I do have some issues with balance. But that's just where self-discipline comes into play. There are all sorts of issues in anyone's life where self-discipline needs to step in -- don't eat too much, don't drink too much, don't play video games too much, don't do weed too much, don't veg too much, don't watch too much TV, don't stay online too much, yada yada yada. At some point one has to figure out how to do things without overdoing them.

There are all sorts of self-help books and articles on self-discipline, but I'm not sure just how well they actually work. It will always be on the individual person to develop self-discipline and tell themselves to limit a particular activity before it unbalances a life.

So my main advice is to first determine how much you actually need to be an AB all the time, and how much is just a desire. Then figure out what other parts of your life need attention where being an AB at that specific time is incompatible. Work on a plan where you can get AB time when you need it, and where you can be the student or adult you have to be when you need it. It will take a lot of trial and error, but by just acknowledging there could be an imbalance is the first step, and the desire to rebalance your life and activities is a good second step.

Finding balance can be tricky. If you are really struggling, talking to a therapist is a much better idea than any tips you will find here. If it's not that severe and you just wants some ideas on how to take your mind off of it, I'd suggest exercising and physical activity as my best advice. After that, just spending time with other people is a good second option. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Sea Otter said:

Finding balance can be tricky. If you are really struggling, talking to a therapist is a much better idea than any tips you will find here. If it's not that severe and you just wants some ideas on how to take your mind off of it, I'd suggest exercising and physical activity as my best advice. After that, just spending time with other people is a good second option. 

I hate to to sound like a broken record, but key to finding balance is accepting it and part of that balance is wearing without guilt.   A lot has been written about people going 24/7 and that led to finally finding balance.   It seems counter-intuitive.  The way I stop thinking about diapers is wear diaper?  ,    Well, yes, at least for me it was.    Part of my hang up was a reluctance to use the diaper for the pooping, and then it was- I can't ever use the toilet if I'm wearing a diaper.  Eventually I've come to conclusion- WTF cares.

In my case- I wasn't willing to talk to a therapist, but coming to this board helped.  I'll note- this was only discussion board that truly helped.    It wasn't an easy process, and there was times that I wished to die.  Mind you- there were other things going on that led to that moment, but I did think "this would be a good day to go."   If it comes to that-PLEASE TALK TO THERAPIST.  At least IM somebody.

This where I'm at now:  I watched the Super Bowl with the family of one my dearest friends who was there for me in my darkest times.    I was not a special guest.  I just was  the uncle who came by.   They don't know about my diapers, but I wore Crinklz diaper to their house.   I've done the same thing more times than I can remember- and if they know- they haven't asked.   As far as I know- the only person in my scope who truly knows my desires is my housekeeper.  She has folded my onesie, she has put away my bottle and pacifiers and diaper bags.  I still put those away before she comes.    The key is: don't deny yourself, but you don't have to share it publicly.   P

On 2/3/2020 at 4:46 PM, Mr. Sea Otter said:

Well said.  Spending time with others who are adults and do fun adult things gets your mind on other things besides diapers.  I mentioned that in my first response.  You tend to go along with what others want to do collectively and that helps you develop adult time with adult people and gets you involved in new activities.  You can develop new interests you hadn't possibly thought of before.  Think of some of those TV commercials where the idea is people start to act like their parents over time.  They turn into geeky people out of touch with their friends.  That premise can apply to real people who have one thing on their mind most of the time.

I do agree that many people here have found their nitch and their diaper life.  Some may have equal balance between diapers and regular vanilla life while for others diapers are their way of life.  You can make your own decisions, but if you get to the point where your urges are "uncontrollable" and that is not the direction you want to go, I applaud you in asking others for help in that regard.  Keep in mind, it's all in what you want for yourself and no one can tell you which direction to go.  If some people just can't control their urges and give in to them all the time, there is nothing wrong with that if that is what they want to do. Think of this idea:  People who attempt doing a difficult job have two potential outcomes.  They can say, "this is too much work" and give up, or they can push on, work hard and complete the task and have a feeling of accomplishment rather than disappointment or failure because they gave up on something difficult to do.  The difficult and conflicting situations are never easy.

To set the record for anyone who doesn't know, I have been a DL for over 55 years.  I love my diaper time however I am one who has many interests.  I would never want to focus my life on diapers all the time or wear them all the time.  That's me, I would be put off if anyone tried to convince me otherwise, even if they had good intentions and I have nothing against any others who feel differently.  It take all kinds to make a world and it would be pretty bad if we were all exactly the same.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2020 at 5:59 AM, iweardiapers said:

Early on in having this fetish I could sometimes go a couple weeks without wanting to wear and stuff. Now I find myself thinking about diapers minutes later after taking one off and going about my day and sometimes find myself falling into the urge of having to put one back on immediately lol. Don’t get me wrong I love diapers and wouldn’t give this fetish up even if I was able to because diapers are convenient, cute and comfy. But is there some good tips on controlling the urges ? I like my normal (Whatever that is) life too if that makes any sense

I agree with COnstantly wet. Perhaps it is time to go 24/7. What happens after a while is that diaper-wearing becomes normalised and you become more desensitised to it. You will still enjoy diapers, but you will be n fa more control of it. I've seen this in action with my own baby and 24/7 revolutionised his life by putting nappies back into perspective.

Another vote for going 24/7, even if only just for a while to see where it takes you.

I went 24/7 back in December 2018.  I came out of diapers in March 2019 but it only lasted 4 weeks before I went back and I'm still in them.

I can't say that it ticks the box for promoting a "normal" life but it did lower my stress levels a lot.  I can't say that I'll be 24/7 for the rest of my life but at this point in time, I have zero interest in coming back out of nappies...

I have been wearing 24/7 for over 2 years now.  My compulsion to wear and use diapers, is incredibly strong.  It claws at my mind constantly if I am not wearing a diaper.  My anxiety and depression are compounded ten fold if I am not in a diaper.  I have been in therapy with multiple psychiatrists and psychologists for about 4 years, for issues with diagnosed mental illness. My Dr's advice and my wife's advice and my closest friends advice has been to just wear and use diapers so I can function in my day to day living.  If I carry myself with dignity and respect and keep my diapers under my clothes and in my business, then its no one elses business.  My advice is to just wear the diapers 24/7 if you need to, so you can take some control of your life.

11 hours ago, Brudda Voodu said:

I have been wearing 24/7 for over 2 years now.  My compulsion to wear and use diapers, is incredibly strong.  It claws at my mind constantly if I am not wearing a diaper.  My anxiety and depression are compounded ten fold if I am not in a diaper.  I have been in therapy with multiple psychiatrists and psychologists for about 4 years, for issues with diagnosed mental illness. My Dr's advice and my wife's advice and my closest friends advice has been to just wear and use diapers so I can function in my day to day living.  If I carry myself with dignity and respect and keep my diapers under my clothes and in my business, then its no one elses business.  My advice is to just wear the diapers 24/7 if you need to, so you can take some control of your life.

I would agree. For some, going 24/7 is a therapeutic device all on its own that give the wearer the peace and control they have been searching for. And over time, it gets easier.

We have an article on this exact topic here. https://abdiscover.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/24-7.pdf   It will be in audio format later on.

11 hours ago, rosalie.bent said:

I would agree. For some, going 24/7 is a therapeutic device all on its own that give the wearer the peace and control they have been searching for. And over time, it gets easier.

We have an article on this exact topic here. https://abdiscover.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/24-7.pdf   It will be in audio format later on.

The article was a very good read.  I feel it has defined the psychology that many of us share here. I love how its written factually instead of anecdotally.  Thank you for sharing this.

10 hours ago, Brudda Voodu said:

The article was a very good read.  I feel it has defined the psychology that many of us share here. I love how its written factually instead of anecdotally.  Thank you for sharing this.

I'm glad it was helpful. Like all our articles and non-fiction books we are trying to help people and make a positive difference.

I use to have these uncontrollable impulsive thoughts as well. There’s only one healthy way to mitigate it in my opinion that doesn’t lead to binging and purging or other unhealthy behaviors. In order to do this you must do some soul searching so to speak and understand why you desire what you do. Many times you’ll realize it’s not what you truly want, but give it it a try. Spend considerable time thinking about the qualities of wearing diapers that makes you gravitate towards them. Is it a yearning for unfettered freedom? Is it comforting in a sexual and habitual way? To you feel a closure in some inadequacies? All of these questions are examples of those we may ask ourselves in order to understand these habits and thus live fuller lives if these thoughts are crippling our minds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/17/2020 at 3:30 PM, rosalie.bent said:

On 2/18/2020 at 2:48 AM, Brudda Voodu said:

That was a very influential article for me personally.   I read a prototype of rosalie's 1st book, and this immediate reaction to the book that was a bit like Charlie Browns reaction when Lucy asks, "Do you have pantophobia?"  And Charlie Brown shouts "THAT'S IT!"   She described little, and I finally had a label the described what I was.  So much that I sent her my story, and it is one of the case studies (BTW- Rosalie- thank you, I wear that with pride).   At the time I was still fighting going full 24/7, along with many other things.   At my lowest point I prayed that it would be my day (FTR- that means my last day).  I didn't act on it, but I wanted it.

While almost none of problems were related to my desires, but accepting them had a huge effect on my recovery.   I'm not technically 24/7, because I don't poop in diapers and I sometimes leave it off just before bed- but I'm almost always wearing either a diaper of pull up.  But I wear diapers pretty much at any opportunity that it makes sense to me, and use them at the same time.  Maybe I'm bias, but the last time I tried to limit my diaper usage I prayed to die, and I'm so far beyond that now.   

On 2/25/2020 at 6:54 PM, spark said:

That was a very influential article for me personally.   I read a prototype of rosalie's 1st book, and this immediate reaction to the book that was a bit like Charlie Browns reaction when Lucy asks, "Do you have pantophobia?"  And Charlie Brown shouts "THAT'S IT!"   She described little, and I finally had a label the described what I was.  So much that I sent her my story, and it is one of the case studies (BTW- Rosalie- thank you, I wear that with pride).   At the time I was still fighting going full 24/7, along with many other things.   At my lowest point I prayed that it would be my day (FTR- that means my last day).  I didn't act on it, but I wanted it.

While almost none of problems were related to my desires, but accepting them had a huge effect on my recovery.   I'm not technically 24/7, because I don't poop in diapers and I sometimes leave it off just before bed- but I'm almost always wearing either a diaper of pull up.  But I wear diapers pretty much at any opportunity that it makes sense to me, and use them at the same time.  Maybe I'm bias, but the last time I tried to limit my diaper usage I prayed to die, and I'm so far beyond that now.   

I am so pleased you have found a sense of balance and peace. I've seen my own baby go thru the same struggle and 24/7 was a rescue for him and allowing the baby to come out and exist was a revelation.

Very happy for you!