LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Switching between retention and incontinence

Ok, I don't post like ever. But I have both retention and incontinence. I was having really bad retention for like 2 1/2 weeks were I would drink around 64 to 72 ounces of water a day. But could barely get a small stream of weak urine out maybe twice a day. Today I woke up to a wet bed. All day almost every hour to hour and half my bladder is involuntarily voiding. I have been seeing a urologist for years. I was diagnosed at age 19 with OAB, then at age 25 with retention, then at age 27 with incontinence and retention. I had an order for catheters but they expired sometime last year. So today's been a soggy day.

I bought my intermittent catheters last year through Amazon but now they need a healthcare license to purchase them.  I have bought intermittent catheters directly through Heartline Medical.  check out http://heartlinemedical.com.  They have straight intermittents, coude intermittents, as well as the same in Foley (in-dwelling) catheters.

I believe catheters are also available without Rx from other Internet sources.  Seems that I recall "discountcatheters.com" may sell without a Rx.

I have a prescription for intermittent catheters, but purchase mine from Allegro.com.  Allegro does not require that you send them your prescription.  I have used them for about two years and have found them to be very reliable.

The Allegro prices are competitive, but try to time your purchases with their frequent discount sales.  Some good bargains can be found for intermittent catheters.

I use the Coloplast SpeediCath hydrophilic catheters that require no lubrication or adding water.  They are ready for immediate use without any prepping and have the least friction of any catheter I have tried (and I have tried a lot).  

--John

(double incontinent)

On 1/25/2020 at 3:38 PM, Little Liam said:

Ok, I don't post like ever. But I have both retention and incontinence. I was having really bad retention for like 2 1/2 weeks were I would drink around 64 to 72 ounces of water a day. But could barely get a small stream of weak urine out maybe twice a day. Today I woke up to a wet bed. All day almost every hour to hour and half my bladder is involuntarily voiding. I have been seeing a urologist for years. I was diagnosed at age 19 with OAB, then at age 25 with retention, then at age 27 with incontinence and retention. I had an order for catheters but they expired sometime last year. So today's been a soggy day.

If you can't find them on the internet, I have found them at second hand stores, I don't think they know you need a script to get them. I am not sure if you need a script everywhere. But I have a couple I found at a second hand, cheap. I did get some oneBay a few yrs ago. But I don't use them I just want a couple around if I have a really bad day, and can't go.