LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Brand new and unsure

Ames

7 minutes ago, Ames said:

At the minute it's a huge novelty but it might wear off or it might not and then I will have to get creative when it gets warm. 

For me, I was wearing on business trips and during the day if nobody was home - basically whenever I could get some time to myself, which wasn't that often. Then, I started secretively wearing diapers to bed (for about 2.5 years). Last summer, my family planned to go away for 5 weeks, and I wouldn't join them for the first three, so I started musing here about the idea of trying to go 24/7 for just those few weeks in July, but after reading a bunch of people's experiences (particularly @oznl's ), I planned to wear for a weekend at the end of March as a test, and on that Monday morning, I really didn't want to stop, the idea of spending the day not in a diaper was really depressing to me. So, I pushed it to a week, then two... and here I am, close to 10 months later. So for me, it didn't wear off - instead, it snowballed, culminating in my (somewhat) opening up to my wife about it. But I am definitely happier. I know that it doesn't go that way for everyone. Best wishes to you, whatever happens. 

20 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

. Last summer, my family planned to go away for 5 weeks, and I wouldn't join them for the first three, so I started musing here about the idea of trying to go 24/7 for just those few weeks in July, but after reading a bunch of people's experiences (particularly @oznl's ), I planned to wear for a weekend at the end of March as a test, and on that Monday morning

I actually just read most of this thread earlier this afternoon because since I tried wearing a diaper 3 days ago, I haven't actually pee'd in a toilet or gone more than the time of a bath or shower without a diaper. At the moment it's convenient because I Finnish work when my partner starts but I know that's not always going to be the case. Going 24/7 with diapers is something I have been strongly considering but I need to figure out the long term consequences of that and fitting it into my life. I also feel like it may be too much, too soon in my diaper wearing journey. 

Did you ever manage to find a solution to running with a diaper? 

7 minutes ago, Ames said:

Did you ever manage to find a solution to running with a diaper? 

No, running is one problem I haven not been able to solve, and the other is going to my martial arts classes. I have taught a couple of classes with a diaper on, but if I'm going to participate at all, or if I'm taking a class myself,  I haven't figured out a solution for that, because the odds of the diaper blowing apart or becoming apparent are just too great, in my estimation. 

I've tried running with pull-ups on, even a product aimed at adolescents like the largest GoodNites (which are a brand of night time pull-up sold here for kids who wet the bed; not sure if you have an equivalent over there; in any case, I have to stretch them to within a hair of structural failure to get them on), but either the diaper takes a beating, or I do, in the form of chafing that no amount of diaper cream can prevent. I could try a cloth diaper, I suppose - I own a couple - but they are WAY too bulky to be worn anywhere but around the house. And the plastic pants over top would, I imagine, present the same problem as any disposable diaper does - plastic in extended, vigorous contact with skin usually wins out against the skin. So, sadly, I keep a few pairs of boxer shorts that I wear to the gym and on the treadmill. I would love to go completely without "big person" underwear at home - I have gone on many trips packing only diapers - but, I enjoy physical activity too much to give it up in the name of being 100% in diapers, so I begrudgingly accept my 95% diapered status for the moment. 

There has to be a business opportunity here - "Marathoner's Choice" brand diapers? 

23 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

There has to be a business opportunity here - "Marathoner's Choice" brand diapers?

To be honest I think a lot of runners would happily buy these even if they don't have a love of diapers. 

I don't think I have a solution but if I manage to find anything I will let you know. ?

I worry that wearing a diaper 24/7 might make it become more of a chore than a pleasure. I also worry about potential incontinence. 

18 minutes ago, Ames said:

I worry that wearing a diaper 24/7 might make it become more of a chore than a pleasure. I also worry about potential incontinence. 

I thought that it would become a chore for me, as well, but that has not been my experience. I thought it might even 'cure' me of this interest - that maybe I'd get bored with it. But, if anything, I dread the idea of going back, now that I've come this far. The day just wouldn't be the same if I didn't have a diaper on.

As for incontinence, a lot of people here say that they wish for that, or are training towards it, but my experience so far - granted, 10 months worth, as opposed to some people who have been living in diapers for decades, so take it for what it's worth - is that one's tolerance for extended periods of having to 'hold it' diminishes, and I have definitely had the odd experience of overnight accidents that I have no recollection of (though that's sort of how I got here in the first place). But, for the most part, the ability to, uh, permission one's emissions, is one of the more basic biological functions, so it is very hard to lose, barring some neurological deficit or physical damage to the subsystems involved. Knowing when you're going and when you've stopped seems to be a bit different; I have never, so far as I know, started wetting without knowing it, while awake, but I have dropped the gates, so to speak, and then been surprised a few minutes later to note that I can't tell if I've stopped or not, when some other sensation - say, trickling, or, the swelling of the diaper - have suggested that the climate is changing down under. 

You probably know more about this than I do, but, based on what I've read, in long-term care situations involving the elderly, or the profoundly handicapped, for example, there are people who are incontinent either because of physical problems (such as prostate surgery or spinal damage), or diminished mental capacity (dementia, developmental, etc), and then there are people who are confined to their beds or to wheelchairs, who wear diapers because they physically can't get themselves to the washroom, and bedpans have become a thing of the past as staffing levels have dropped and cross-contamination concerns have increased. Among those people - the ones who are diapered for immobility reasons - the ability to control those functions doesn't seem to disappear, even though they rarely have cause to do so. So I'm not anticipating looking back across the sands of time with regret, having sentenced myself to dependency on baby's underwear for the rest of my days. If I absolutely have to do without nappies, I'm sure within a few days, I easily could, at least during the day. But I really don't want to!

15 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

As for incontinence, a lot of people here say that they wish for that, or are training towards it,

This is not something I hope to achieve, particularly at night. Particularly if my partner isn't OK with the diapers. This is comforting to know. Thank you for taking the time to chat with me. 

21 minutes ago, Ames said:

This is not something I hope to achieve, particularly at night. Particularly if my partner isn't OK with the diapers. This is comforting to know. Thank you for taking the time to chat with me. 

Anytime, and good luck with your journey, where ever it takes you.

25 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

Anytime, and good luck with your journey, where ever it takes you.

You too, maybe we will cross paths some other time. I think I'm gunna rip the band aid off and chat to my partner tonight when he is done at work. Wish me luck haha ?

17 hours ago, Ames said:

You too, maybe we will cross paths some other time. I think I'm gunna rip the band aid off and chat to my partner tonight when he is done at work. Wish me luck haha ?

Wow - good luck with that - let me know how it goes, if you are so-inclined. You are in control of this, this isn't in control of you - you can make it whatever you want it to be. For me, I had to wear diapers when I was a kid, whereas now, I don't have to, but I want to, so in a way, I guess I'm taking the control back!

8 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

Wow - good luck with that - let me know how it goes, if you are so-inclined.

Turns out, I actually didn't have anything to worry about. He took some time to think about it and wanted to see and asked a few questions but generally wasn't phased by it and then became amused that it was such a turn on. This has created a new game of taking any opportunity to brush past or rub against my diaper all day whilst running errands leading to a whole heap of frustration on my part so I guess its all good

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Ames said:

This has created a new game of taking any opportunity to brush past or rub against my diaper all day whilst running errands leading to a whole heap of frustration on my part so I guess its all good

Nice! I'm glad it worked out for you. My wife takes any opportunity to ignore my diaper, but that's fine, it still feels great to not be sneaking around like I'm hiding nuclear material or illicit narcotics in my house, and, honestly, diapers are their own reward for me; sitting watching TV in one last night, I was very content. As I am now, sitting at my desk. At least she didn't propose that I commence a search for a tragic apartment. 

9 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

Nice! I'm glad it worked out for you. My wife takes any opportunity to ignore my diaper, but that's fine, it still feels great to not be sneaking around like I'm hiding nuclear material or illicit narcotics in my house

I must say, it shocked me a bit tbh. We have both always been very open to new ideas sexually and not much phases either of us. I did think this might be a step too far even for him but it seems that he has found a way to make it work for him and for me. It does feel a lot better now there is no secret though. Being out all day running errands posed a problem of nowhere to change or dispose of a used diaper so I had to hold it most of the day but now I'm finally back in the safety of home ready to get a few hours sleep before work later. 

1 hour ago, Ames said:

Turns out, I actually didn't have anything to worry about. He took some time to think about it and wanted to see and asked a few questions but generally wasn't phased by it and then became amused that it was such a turn on. This has created a new game of taking any opportunity to brush past or rub against my diaper all day whilst running errands leading to a whole heap of frustration on my part so I guess its all good

Congratulations!  That's great - hope it leads to lots of good things for you!

9 minutes ago, Stroller said:

Congratulations!  That's great - hope it leads to lots of good things for you!

Thank you, it is certainly a weight lifted, that's for sure

Sounds like you and your partner are doing well glad to see he's being tentative to you in this as well seems like he could enjoy and enhance your fun a little please feel free to ask any questions when it comes to having fun in nappies aka diapers.

13 minutes ago, babyalan said:

Sounds like you and your partner are doing well glad to see he's being tentative to you in this as well seems like he could enjoy and enhance your fun a little please feel free to ask any questions when it comes to having fun in nappies aka diapers.

I think we are but I don't know if it's just because he has found a new way to tease and drive me crazy. I suspect that there will be more questions over the long term but I'm OK with that. In all honesty, I don't really know some of the answers myself yet. Thats part of why I told him so soon. I'm hoping we can figure it out together. Maybe some day he will be open enough to give it a go too and see how he feels. 

Thank you for being available for questions. It's only been a few days of diaper wearing so I don't really know much about anything yet haha. ☺️ In fact, I have only just ordered my first proper pack of diapers today. 

18 hours ago, Ames said:

Thank you for being available for questions. It's only been a few days of diaper wearing so I don't really know much about anything yet haha. ☺️ In fact, I have only just ordered my first proper pack of diapers today. 

Congratulations - that's a big step as well. I played around for years using low-end drug store diapers or tortured pull-ups designed for teens before I built up the courage to place an order at a decent diaper store, and go pick it up. Trying different brands and styles and sizes is a big part of the process. What conceals well under your clothes, what provides the best protection, and what appeals to you the most in terms of feel and appearance are all considerations. You may find that you can wear a big, cute crinkly ABDL diaper around the house for 12 hours or more, whereas when you're out, you might go with a discrete, quiet diaper that maybe only lasts 4 or 6 hours. 

23 hours ago, Ames said:

Being out all day running errands posed a problem of nowhere to change or dispose of a used diaper so I had to hold it most of the day but now I'm finally back in the safety of home

This comes with time as well - as you zero in on your favourite brands and sizes, you'll become familiar with how long you can rely on a diaper, and you'll become more adept at changing them on the fly. A couple of pieces of advice come to mind; first, most of us have some kind of "crash kit" with us if we are out for any length of time, consisting of, at the minimum, a couple of diapers, a bag for disposal, and a back-up pair of pants or shorts or whatever. Even the most trusted diapers occasionally fail. Second, for me anyway, when I'm at home, sleeping or working around the house, I wear all kinds of different diapers, and I'll test-drive new brands etc, because I'm at my base of operations and a change of clothing is within easy reach. But when I'm heading out for the day, and particularly when I'm travelling, I have one go-to diaper that I always wear, and I know it well. I would never try a new diaper for the first time on a road trip - there is too much potential for disaster. 

10 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

A couple of pieces of advice come to mind; first, most of us have some kind of "crash kit" with us if we are out for any length of time, consisting of, at the minimum, a couple of diapers, a bag for disposal, and a back-up pair of pants or shorts or whatever. Even the most trusted diapers occasionally fail.

Thanks for the advice. I kinda had to order some but amazon made it so easy. They are fast delivery too. Will arrive tomorrow. Its pretty exciting. 

12 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

Trying different brands and styles and sizes is a big part of the process. What conceals well under your clothes, what provides the best protection, and what appeals to you the most in terms of feel and appearance are all considerations. You may find that you can wear a big, cute crinkly ABDL diaper around the house for 12 hours or more, whereas when you're out, you might go with a discrete, quiet diaper that maybe only lasts 4 or 6 hours

I learnt this pretty quickly and too super things to work last night haha