LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wet feeling of cloth

I usually wear disposable diapers, but I also have a collection of cloth diapers and plastic and PUL pants.  With cloth diapers the feeling of being wet/clammy is more pronounced than when wearing disposable diapers.  I happen to like the wet feeling.  It's warm and comforting, and a definite reminder of how wet you are.  Does anyone else like the feeling of wet cloth diapers?

• Like 2

I use soaker panels made out of Zorb 3 fabric and a terry cloth liner in my cloth diapers. They feel wet at first, but the Zorb absorb so quickly that you don't get that clammy feeling. I can actually go about four hours without changing.

for me it a s big memory of my childhood punishments. my mother mostly used cloth diapers until I was 12 years old.. I really wasn't allowed to use my punishment diapers, but at times, I did. I hated that cold wet feeling of being in a wet cloth diaper. I hate it even more now. I wear only disposables because they hardly feel wet until they reach that overly saturated state. I know I am the odd man out here

I'm in cloth nappies all day every day, and I'm happy enough to have them wet, as long as they're not saturated & in danger of leaking.  Mine are close-fitting and have plenty of padding, and in the winter months I often get through the day with just 1 change, so 7 or 8 hours per nappy (I can get away with an extra soaker with my winter clothes on).  They feel good when they're dry and they feel good when they're wet!

I usually wear disposable diapers but I was raised in cloth.  I often wear low end brands that last about 3 or so hours and by the time I remove them, they are usually soaked.  The rare times I wear cloth diapers I enjoy it.  I don't have the resource to wash and dry cloth diapers so it's rare when I wear one.  Because I usually wear my disposables until they are soaked, I don't often notice the difference until I change my cloth diaper.  It's totally saturated and sagging very heavily when I pull down my plastic pants.  There is definitely a much wetter feeling with cloth because there is nothing to "lock away" the wetness like with a disposable.  It is a different feeling but not a bad one!  Never bad to mix things up now and then between disposable and cloth diapers.

This is what I have

large.1162106704_2cleandrydiaper.jpg.5c0

It is made from a snap-on rubber panty. It is done by taking out a small pertion of the crotch, being sure to leave enough to go a little into the crotch area. It works in two ways. First it puts a waterproof barrier between the diaper and the body. In itself that keeps wet off the body. Second it causes the diaper to wet differently. Since the diaper is the same thickness all over, there is no excess material in the crotch area. This speeds up the passage of wetness from that delicate area and moves it to the outside of the diaper. When it gets there, it comes up against the inside of the rubber panties worn over the diaper. The only place left to go is along the outside of the diaper so that is what it does, so the diaper wets from the outside in. The diapers I use are made of quite a bit of material and quite thick so they take a good long time to wet to the inside; about 14-16 hours, With the watproof "lining" none of the wet gets on me

There are, however certain things that you must do and not do. First you must be standing or sitting for this to work right. However, this was acceptable since it was used, with little girls 4 and older, who were not IC to make them night train, If they did not get up out of bed when they felt the need and just lay there and wet, the wet would get all over them and they would stay that way until morning. The feeling was that if she got out of bed to wet, then you were halfway there. Also the idea of being put in a "rubber diaper" was quite embarrassing so that would also act as an incentive. along with your rubber panties being left where people could see them and ask about it. Since I have to get up 2 or 3 times at night to wet, this is fine since I can just stand up and wet, meaning I do not have to run to the toilet and thus become fully awake which means I will be up for the rest of the night. All of this makes me feel more like a little girl. Second, you cannot use baby oil or anything like that. I use a good coating of baby lotion. Since the material will get sticky, the inside of it is coated with baby powder to keep that from happening. Net result, I feel dry all night and a good part of the next morning so I need not hurry to change. I do not feel the need to change for at least 12 hours , usually more, up to 16. The panties I use for this are 10 year old and older Comco that the elastics wore out, and some newer ones that were replaced on the outside of  my diaper by snap-on Gary 7 mil. I can use this in all but the warmest weather since there is an air, and ventillation, gap between the material and my body

I understand that there are some kind of mesh panties that they make to put under a diaper to stop the wet feeling

Not me: too expensive buyingt something that when it fails, it is a disaster, is a single use item, the good ones, if there is any such thing as a good one, is $2.00 a pop and they are sooo insubstantial that it is scary

I like cloth nappies.  I'd wear them all the time but for the bulk, odor control and laundry logistics.

When you first go in them they feel a little wetter/clammier than disposables but as long as they aren't sagging or leaking they are perfectly comfortable.  After a little while, I'd say that they feel warmer/heavier/closer rather than just "wet".   In bed at night, cloth nappies are fantastic.  It doesn't matter what position I am in when I use them, they don't leak.

I use vinyl waterproof pants over them as I've found PUL can become damp over saturated cloth and lets out pee odour more.  PUL are fine and more comfortable for me over a disposable where there is *some* kind of waterproof layer anyway on the diaper itself, even if it doesn't always work that well.

It may be due to living in a sub-tropical climate but I've never encountered a "cold" wet nappy.  I've experienced a cold wet bed though and that's definitely a sleep-killer for me.

I find that a gauze/birdseye combination doesn't feel too terribly wet until it reaches near saturation point.  Here's my configuration I'm wearing right now (and have already wet, though I can't tell):

1. Two layers of 35x35" birdseye (2 layers) 
  2. Two birdseye 35x35 folded over twice lengthwise in quarters (8 layers)
  3. One 35x35 Purity (Leakmaster) gauze overnight flat (4 layers)
  4. Fastened with black & silver Boingo clips (Left & right)
  5. One size-LG PUL velcro diaper cover (yellow duckies)
  6. One Leakmaster PUL waterproof pants
  7. Onesie (construction trucks)

Cloth diaper and Boingo clips:

20200208_135916.jpg.7e6189e657b10072575b959ca52fa019.jpg

Velcro PUL cover w/Duckies:

20200208_141026.jpg.668db27346c683da9ce48ccf20717cfd.jpg

Leakmaster PUL cover:

20200208_141141.jpg.5035687a08d9472e56a61c2bebc56297.jpg

Construction trucks onesie:

20200208_141215.jpg.86fdda296d0d7403ee67444e1abbc460.jpg20200208_141239.jpg.06408c7076b6efc076f03f0fb9bb0b8c.jpg

• Thanks 1

The entire setup was held in place perfectly with the two Boingo clips until I was ready to change out of the wet diaper.  Of course the LeakMaster, the diaper cover and the onesie had a bit to do with that but for the first time I apparently folded my diaper correctly (wish I could remember EXACTLY HOW!!) and it didn't unravel at the ends of the wings like it has done in the past, even with the Boingos.  I think a lot of it has to do with the proper folds.  If you are using contours, the job would be much easier and mistake proof but I'm using flats, not prefolds or contours.

I thought about getting a photo befor I removed it, after the pants and diaper cover came off, but since there was also a bit of a mess, I didn't want to possibly risk violating forum rules even inadvertently.

I love cloth nappies and plastic pants. When the nappy is clean on it feels soft and warm. When i start to wet my nappy i can feel the material getting warmer and then how my nappy feels to hug me. I do wear disposables but they never feel the same as my terry nappy.

I wear cloth diapers when I'm in the mood to pad up. I have worn disposables. And they're OK as far as that goes. The expense is bothersome. My usual set up is to sandwich two Zorb II soaker panels between two fabric diapers folded letter style and pinned left and right with safety pins, and a pair of PUL covers. It's warm, and it's comfortable when wet. 

I have been wearing cloth pin on and pull on diapers to bed for the last 12 years. I have been wet every morning since and love it, especialy with plastic pants. I use pull on disposables for day use for convenience. 

I like cloth diapers above all I'd wear them as much as I can but if I have to go about my daily business I’ll change into disposables. I like them both wet and dry as long as it is cloth I am a happy guy. Cloth diapers and a snug fitting plastic pant feel and look so authentic. True cloth diapers feel wetter and clammier than disposables but I like that feeling. Not only that the absorb in literally every position if you wet, very valuable in bed at night, cloth diapers are doing a better job than disposable if you would ask me.

• 2 weeks later...

I love cloth diapers and how they feel when wet! I like that they stay feeling wet, like in a similar way to if I mess: the feeling is a constant reminder that I used my diaper. It's simply satisfying and the way I should be.

It helps to have a good system that can handle how much you wet and good plastic pants to keep the urine and warmth in. I make (and sell) my own thick cloth diapers. Like others here, I trust my cloth more than any disposable or AIO because it can handle multiple wettings in any position and rarely leak unless I over saturate or I didn't quite fit my plastic pants over the diaper properly.

IMG_20200211_181704~3.jpg

IMG_20200208_184113.jpg

I've always wore cloth diapers as long I've been wearing. For disposable diapers, I use them as a liner under my regular cloth diapers (keeps from getting my cloth diapers messy). I let the liquid go threw the disposable with punctures (they have a roller of this thing that lets it not torn) Keeps my disposable still good and then I just change the already wet cloth diaper. That way I can keep a disposable diaper as long I want to use it. I've sometimes worn the same disposable for a day. That way I can have a couple or more poops. Fun. Just wondering, if Zorp fabric is used for as a diaper, I guess I'd have to wash them when they get messy? I wonder if it feels slippery. That would be cool.

5 hours ago, diaperjack101 said:

I Just wondering, if Zorp fabric is used for as a diaper, I guess I'd have to wash them when they get messy? I wonder if it feels slippery. That would be cool.

That would be one expensive diaper.at prices of $8.00 up to $30.00 depending on whether you get the original, or one of the third generation fabrics. It's best use is as a soaker

13 hours ago, le Hollandais said:

That would be one expensive diaper.at prices of $8.00 up to $30.00 depending on whether you get the original, or one of the third generation fabrics. It's best use is as a soaker

Zorb is used as a diaper booster. No, it is not slippery but it is very absorbent. As far as price, I buy it by the yard from fabric.com for $22 a yard. Since the boosters I make are reusable, the cost is negligible. I get six panels out of a yard of fabric. It holds up well and lasts a long time. I cut strips of fabric 10" by 36", fold it in half the long way, stitch two edges and turn it inside out to hide the stitching. Then I sew up the open end and have an 18" x 9" booster pad. I should mention that I use Zorb 3 because the old style original Zorb should not be used directly against the skin. Zorb 3 is quilted with a fabric that can be worn against the skin. Plain Zorb dries out your skin, and that is the reason.

• 3 weeks later...

I just discovered that Zorb is also known as MFT-Plus (MicroFiber Terry-Plus) and it is what my adult diaper inserts are made from.  I saw a picture of Zorb fabric on a fabric website just now and recognized it as the same material that my 4-layer Microfiber Terry diaper inserts are made with.

I've got eight of said inserts, which I use in the bottom of my PUL waterproof pants to trap anything that escapes from my disposable diaper before it puddles in the pant and leaks out the legs or waist.