LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

the myth and the facts

Hi all, I've been bladder incontinent to some degree or other all my life (64 years and 24/7).  I know many abdl's fantasise about being incontinent but have you thought it through?

Firstly the myths, regardless of what you hear or see you cannot make yourself incontinent, yes you can use things such as open catheters or even hollow butt plugs (if that is your thing).  You cannot make yourself a bed wetter or unpotty train yourself.  And unless you are very rich and can find a non ethical hypnotherapist, hypnosis tapes etc don't work.  What does happen is that over time you lose muscle tone that may, MAY cause functional incontinence of the bladder, but it is easily corrected

Now the facts, true incontinence either bladder/bowel or both is usually the result of a medical problem, whether that is disease such as Spina Bifida, MS,  A brain injury (born with or aquired) or spinal problems or trauma, there are other reasons but i could list thousands.

Incontinence of any type is a life changing event and effects every aspect of your life, your self image, your ego and your mood including anxiety and severe depression.  It affects your work, home and social life and as for intimacy!  Very difficult.

I studied over 2 years to qualify as a hypnotherapist and in order for  a post hypnotic command that would make you wet or soil yourself on command would take a minimum of 20, 2 hour sessions,  Each script for a person has to be tailor made, whether it's for weight loss, to stop smoking or whatever else.  Firstly it has to be established if you can be placed in a "trance" state,  If you can it then has to be established if you can be placed in a very deep state and whether you are susceptable to a post hypnotic command.  Assuming all those are a yes, you have to decide on the word or phrase that will make and stop you wetting soiling yourself.  Let's assume you chose the word "wet" as your trigger and "stop" to cancel the trigger.  Everytime you hear the word wet that is what you will do, at school, work, home or anywhere else wrther you are wearing protection or not.

My advice would be don't try to become incontinent, remain continent that way you have a choice and can wet or soil yourself as and when you choose.  Incontinence doesn't give you that choice.

and yes I'm open to questions

• Like 3
2 hours ago, pcbaby2011 said:

Hi all, I've been bladder incontinent to some degree or other all my life (64 years and 24/7).  I know many abdl's fantasise about being incontinent but have you thought it through?

Firstly the myths, regardless of what you hear or see you cannot make yourself incontinent, yes you can use things such as open catheters or even hollow butt plugs (if that is your thing).  You cannot make yourself a bed wetter or unpotty train yourself.  And unless you are very rich and can find a non ethical hypnotherapist, hypnosis tapes etc don't work.  What does happen is that over time you lose muscle tone that may, MAY cause functional incontinence of the bladder, but it is easily corrected

Now the facts, true incontinence either bladder/bowel or both is usually the result of a medical problem, whether that is disease such as Spina Bifida, MS,  A brain injury (born with or aquired) or spinal problems or trauma, there are other reasons but i could list thousands.

Incontinence of any type is a life changing event and effects every aspect of your life, your self image, your ego and your mood including anxiety and severe depression.  It affects your work, home and social life and as for intimacy!  Very difficult.

I studied over 2 years to qualify as a hypnotherapist and in order for  a post hypnotic command that would make you wet or soil yourself on command would take a minimum of 20, 2 hour sessions,  Each script for a person has to be tailor made, whether it's for weight loss, to stop smoking or whatever else.  Firstly it has to be established if you can be placed in a "trance" state,  If you can it then has to be established if you can be placed in a very deep state and whether you are susceptable to a post hypnotic command.  Assuming all those are a yes, you have to decide on the word or phrase that will make and stop you wetting soiling yourself.  Let's assume you chose the word "wet" as your trigger and "stop" to cancel the trigger.  Everytime you hear the word wet that is what you will do, at school, work, home or anywhere else wrther you are wearing protection or not.

My advice would be don't try to become incontinent, remain continent that way you have a choice and can wet or soil yourself as and when you choose.  Incontinence doesn't give you that choice.

and yes I'm open to questions

I completely disagree with most of your assessments.

• Like 2

Hey! Welcome to daily diapers!

Just want to say your post comes off a bit hostile and condescending for being on a forum that is dedicated to those who are interested in becoming incontinent.

Your post reads like you do not like incontinence... but have you considered that there are those that do like incontinence and desire it? ;)

Your claim that a person cannot make themselves a bed wetter or unpotty train is not true. I know of several abdls that live near me and are around my age that have successfully untrained both in day and night time settings. I myself am fully untrained in the day and have occasional nights I wet the bed. This is after 33 years of having no previous bladder or bowel issues then almost 3 years of 24/7 wear.

"What does happen is that over time you lose muscle tone that may, MAY cause functional incontinence of the bladder, but it is easily corrected". So functional incontinence is not incontinence?

There's a point of no return that if untrained too much, control will always be hard to have; My friend who successfully untrained has been 24/7 for over 7 years. He tried last year for several months to retrain with little success before he stopped trying to retrain.

Incontinence can be a big deal at first but I hardly find that it negatively affects my life, my work, my ego, my mood, my mental health, or my sex life. My experience with wearing diapers is just like life without diapers, but with more pre-planning. It's easy to anticipate needing a change and I make sure I'm around those who support me and my like for diapers.

Not everyone will have the same experience as me (or you for that matter); untraining is hard and requires a lot of focus, energy, and time, taking several years before seeing any results.

I do agree with you that hypnosis tapes does not work to make someone incontinent. I do think it can be used as a tool of positive reinforcement and I know from experience, it can really help get people into the right mindset.

My advice to anyone wanting to become incontinent: Do exactly what you need to do to make you happy, so long as you are not harming yourself or others. That could mean wearing 24/7 and untraining or only wearing some of the time. Nevertheless, you will know soon after going 24/7 if that's something you want to do for the rest of your life. It seems a lot of people stop naturally after a month and only those that are really motivated to loose control continue to wear 24/7.

• Like 4
41 minutes ago, Ferix said:

Your claim that a person cannot make themselves a bed wetter or unpotty train is not true. I know of several abdls that live near me and are around my age that have successfully untrained both in day and night time settings. I myself am fully untrained in the day and have occasional nights I wet the bed. This is after 33 years of having no previous bladder or bowel issues then almost 3 years of 24/7 wear.

I don't think the claim that it's impossible to unpotty train themselves is based on any true scientific evidence.   The reason I say that is that there isn't enough study into people who are trying to unpotty train themselves.  It would be unethical to do so without somebody first having the desire, and the only people who would have that desire are ABDL's like ourselves.  Most of use aren't scientifically trained enough to do a true, and even if we were- we aren't likely to do a study with the same vigor that we put in our professional lives.

My thought is  that unpotty training is a conditioned response.  It was extremely hard to pee in my diaper the first few times I wore.  I literally had to visualize myself standing in front of a toilet to begin to pee, and when I did it was large flows.   I would begin to to flood, and then stop- and eventually need to seek the toilet to relieve my pressure.   I've worn diapers for years, and it's still hard to pee while sitting.  It's almost impossible to do while driving, and difficult to do while lying down.  Therefore-I'm not truly a bed-wetter.   However- standing up and all I need is think "I need to pee" and a small amount of urine will come come out.  I've conditioned myself to pee in a diaper, so I do.

The far more complicated issue is the discrepancy between a 24/7 wearing by choice versus 24/7 by condition (not all).   The one who is wearing them for medical reasons feels that the diaper is sentence that they must make the best of, but wouldn't want it for another person.   For the choice wearer- this is necessity to function as person.  It's like taking Linus security blanket away.   The experience of others, and in my experience- that release of anxiety by going 24/7 was a huge relief.   As a 24/7 choice- the concept that this is something I wouldn't want is alien, because I need them to function in this crazy world.

Maybe you should not have titled the post myths & facts. 
Conditioning is part of it. You need to teach the brain that what you are doing is normal. You need to reinforce it constantly. Over time reinforcement will no longer be necessary as it becomes automatic. What have you done then? You have shut off the brains ability to pay attention to it. It becomes automatic to not even try to hold it and it just allow evacuation all the time. Training back to continence will take just as long if not longer or even possible. For many of us successful the ramifications are positive ones. It solves depression and or anxiety. Therefore the reverse of what you suggest becomes true. 

Incontinence for many is not a desire. It’s a need. There is a big difference there. If you don’t have the need you may just have the desire and are only willing to take it so far. There used to be a guy out here, George I believe, that needed incontinence so bad he was searching all over the world to find someone to surgically do it for him. He never understood that in time he could do it himself or just wanted instant gratification. Whatever became of him I don’t know..

I too have a need for bowel incontinence. I’ve achieved that and could not be happier. I have absolutely zero control other than the management of it.

• Like 1

Also my primary care physician said that if I wore to bed (which I suggested so that I do not have to get up to go since I then become fully awake and my night is shot to hell), I would become IC (like at my age I am not halfway there already)

On 1/16/2020 at 9:17 AM, pcbaby2011 said:

There seems to be an awful lot of anecdotal evidence from many people suggesting that eventually, something like at least functional incontinence occurs in people who, for a long period of time (months or years) avoid practicing continence, preferentially using their diapers.

As others have said, there doesn't seem to be any readily available science to explain the mechanism behind this.  I'd be fascinated to see a urological work up (dumbed down for my easy digestion) from somebody who had achieved that kind of functional incontinence.  THAT could potentially either refute or corroborate your argument.

So, there is some anecdotal evidence that people CAN but not scientific evidence either way.

Very hard to argue with that but it does not close the door to patterned behaviour being one of those "other reasons".  Functional incontinence does not require a physical condition and in any case, it is unknown whether or not protracted diaper use develops a physical condition.

Is this an advertisement ? ?  Actually though, i thought (and I know very little about hypnosis other than as a highly analytical person, I'd apparently be a poor subject for it) that it was difficult or impossible to hypnotise somebody to over-ride their value system.  If there was some value-based inhibition against wetting or soiling (even if it may not be consciously visible) then hypnotism wouldn't shift it?

I think that's a good point that people looking for incontinence should definitely consider very carefully.  

10 hours ago, Little Christine said:

Also my primary care physician said that if I wore to bed (which I suggested so that I do not have to get up to go since I then become fully awake and my night is shot to hell), I would become IC (like at my age I am not halfway there already)

I'm not IC and didn't really set out to become so but I did precisely the above for the same reason and now a year later, I will sometimes wake up in a wet diaper that I have absolutely no recall of wetting.  I don't know if that qualifies as IC or not but the bottom line (no pun intended) is the same.  I wake up in wet pants with no idea how or when it happened.  Based on my experience, your physician has a point.

14 minutes ago, oznl said:

As others have said, there doesn't seem to be any readily available science to explain the mechanism behind this.  I'd be fascinated to see a urological work up (dumbed down for my easy digestion) from somebody who had achieved that kind of functional incontinence.  THAT could potentially either refute or corroborate your argument.

Well, when you are ready to pony up $5,000 or $10,000 for a year's subscription to a high-quality medical search engine you may get your wish. High quality work costs high quality money. That will not be given away free of charge.  As near as I can understand, disuse makes the urinary system flaccid and weakens it. In any cause, I am not going to argue with a person who has access to many journals that I do not and whose expertise in the area I see no reason to question. There are medical sacred cows lik bmi and the dangers of salt that I do question, but that is only with strong evidence

OzNL,

You make some valid points.  firstly No it wasn't an advert as both morally and ethically planting such a post hypnotic suggestion wouldn't feel right to me, despite the money I could make.  You are correct in asssuming that deeply implanted values cannot be "overwritten" by hypnosis.  However it would probably surpise you to know that the more intelligent the person is, the easier it is to at least get them into a light trance

As for your comments about functial inco, I've had a lifetime to stufy both bladder and bowel inco.  Urology examinations are for the most part not painful, although the cystoscopy can be.

However between 5 and 10% of all urological run ups do not show a "medical" cause and are labelled Functional Inco.  The patient is usually shown how to do Kegel and pelvic floor exercises to correct it, ( whilst both exercise the PFM's the Kegels also exercises other muscles).

Approx 1 to 3% of patients will also have some form of psychological issue or need that is tied in with their inco.

In my case I have a congenital spinal problem as well as a few more spinall issues I have picked up along the way and am currently on the waiting list for surgery, which won't correct the bladder inco and could leave me doubly incontinent, but it should help control the extreme pain and difficulty with walking.

IncoDL believe what you like, but I am no troll.

On 1/16/2020 at 1:31 AM, incondl said:

I completely disagree with most of your assessments.

That's fine, no one is asking you to believe or agree with anything but my knowledge of anatomy and physiology and of incontince itrelf are probably greater than yours.

On 1/15/2020 at 3:17 PM, pcbaby2011 said:

Incontinence is attainable. It is defined as involuntary release. When the sphincters become too weak to hold it back you are incontinent. One can choose not to use their shpincters and like any muscle it will atrophy with disuse. This would be better defined as stress or urge incontinence. Functional incontinence is when a person is capable of holding their bladder, but is physically or mentally impaired.

These two statements you made contradict each other. 1. "you cannot make yourself incontinent". 2. "My advice would be don't try to become incontinent". Why bother telling people not to try when you believe it is not possible? You come in guns a blazing with your "facts" and "myths" on a subforum designed explicitly for people seeking incontinence and have the gall to tell them it is impossible and dont try it. 

There are tons of people whose lived experience disprove much of what you stated as facts. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, XyXy said:

Incontinence is attainable. It is defined as involuntary release. When the sphincters become too weak to hold it back you are incontinent. One can choose not to use their shpincters and like any muscle it will atrophy with disuse. This would be better defined as stress or urge incontinence. Functional incontinence is when a person is capable of holding their bladder, but is physically or mentally impaired.

There are tons of people whose lived experience disprove much of what you stated as facts. 

There was one point that our friend stated that if 5% to 10% of exams (which seems low- and where does that come from) do not show urological issue causing the incontinence, and kegels would solve the issue.  However some of is don't want the kegels to solve the issue.  How do you encourage me to do with the exercises when I want what those exercises are trying correct?

All I can say is that contrary to what pcbaby2011 says after 18 months of wearing 24/7 I have become both bladder and bowel incontinent or perhaps its my imagination that I wake up in a wet diaper most mornings and feel my diaper becoming heavier during the day often having no  real indication of when I wet myself.

• Like 1

Periodically there are people that jump out here to try & throw a wrench in people’s needs saying it can’t happen. Those of us that know better realize that these people go away in pretty short order.

• Like 1
On 1/19/2020 at 8:29 PM, XyXy said:

These two statements you made contradict each other. 1. "you cannot make yourself incontinent". 2. "My advice would be don't try to become incontinent". Why bother telling people not to try when you believe it is not possible? You come in guns a blazing with your "facts" and "myths" on a subforum designed explicitly for people seeking incontinence and have the gall to tell them it is impossible and dont try it. 

True incontinence is not attainable, for you to be truly incontinent you need a spinal or brain injury, certain surgical operations and that includes an episiotomy, or various other medical problems  including things like Spina bifida, ms etc as well as a lot of others.  The 2 statements are not contradictory, you cannot make yourself fully incontinent, you can fake it with the use of things like open catheters, hollow butt plugs, even botox injections but these are all temporary.  Functional inco is caused by the detruser, sphincter and pelvic floor muscles weakening, but that is correctable and as such is not permanent incontinence.  And I say don't try to become incontinent because whilst it might be a nice fantasy you have no idea how it affects just about every aspect of your life.

Frankly, pcbaby2011...what the heck is the goal you're trying to achieve here?  You entered this forum with the idea that you were going to "educate" everyone here with....I'll politely say "questionable" objective statements, and after stating very clearly that people wanting incontinence can't have it and shouldn't even bother having this desire anyway...what were you expecting to happen?  Even if your years of life experience and training truly led to the knowledge to speak on this topic...this is your method of explaining it?  Really?  What response were you expecting from people when you come in swinging and attacking with unnecessarily absolute statements?  Even if your points are 100 percent correct, how you word things and how you approach a social situation matter, even online.  

But even then...your advice is dubious.  Yes, you can train yourself to be incontinent.  How do I know this?  I actually asked a licensed urologist, point blank.  I have one that I've approached about my goal to be incontinent (all above-board, office visits and everything), and they are working with me to make it happen.  I'll trust someone with the Ph.D and specialized training on this one.  But let's even go further.  Let's say you're right, and there truly is no way to become incontinent.  Just in my real-life experience, I've seen individuals train to something that looks like incontinence, walks like incontinence, talks like incontinence, and for them might as well be incontinence.  Who cares semantically if the absolutely perfect term is applied?  When my friend who is functionally bladder incontinent went to the hospital recently, they wrote "Urinary incontinence" on the chart all the same--after all, it was the best description of what was happening.

The most compelling thing to me is how you seem to contradict your own argument so beautifully--you provide a list of the physical things that must be wrong for incontinence to be present, and then describe how it is, in fact, possible with hypnosis to cause someone to have something very similar to hypnosis.  I, too, practice hypnosis as one of my hobbies (after looking at certification courses and realizing the majority of them are more pseudoscience than anything).  I have used hypnosis to retrain people's bladder habits.  But again...it's not shocking to see how the mental can affect the physical.  I should know--I hold degrees in psychology (including studying hypnosis).  Incontinence occurs all the time when mental illness, trauma, or abuse enters the picture.  Nothing is physically wrong with the individual, yet they have issues such as bedwetting or pantswetting, and when the underlying mental disorder is treated, usually the incontinence follows.

Frankly, the only part of your first post that isn't a myth is that there are long-term, far-reaching consequences to being incontinent.  That is a fact.  One that I can't imagine having to live with if you haven't had a choice in the matter.  I respect the difficulties and consequences that happen when it's decided for you whether or not you will become incontinent. I can even see how seeing people who are pursuing something that has personally brought you discomfort and sadness at times is both difficult to see, and desirable to warn about.  But this particular forum isn't for those who didn't have a choice.  It's for those who are actively seeking this, and from personal experience, it's a very different experience to strongly desire, since birth, something like this.  My two counselors (again, licensed and practicing) agree.  We walked through all of those ways it impacts my life.  I've work diapers 24/7 for seven years to start experiencing the way my life is impacted by it.  And, yes, there are complications.  But...the ability to fulfill this desire is so much better than dealing with the constant grinding of a desire that I can't fulfill--and in your case, wrongfully told that there is no way I possibly could.

I don't expect a reply to this.  If I get one, it's likely going to be the same points repeated again, by the looks of previous replies.  But I'm not writing to try to change your mind.  I'm writing for all the others here who feel that same desire that I do, and see someone tell them something that's just factually incorrect at worst and unintentionally simplistic at best.  There is an entire forum here for people who are incontinent without a choice to discuss things--it's the parent forum to this one.  This is the forum for people who want to achieve this goal, and feel a deep desire to get as close as possible to it...and frankly, your posts aren't helpful in any way to that effort.  You're not speaking truth to power, or gospel to sinners.  You're preaching life experience as axioms...or myths as facts.

• Thanks 1
On 1/21/2020 at 12:19 PM, pcbaby2011 said:

True incontinence is not attainable, for you to be truly incontinent you need a spinal or brain injury, certain surgical operations and that includes an episiotomy, or various other medical problems  including things like Spina bifida, ms etc as well as a lot of others.  The 2 statements are not contradictory, you cannot make yourself fully incontinent, you can fake it with the use of things like open catheters, hollow butt plugs, even botox injections but these are all temporary.  Functional inco is caused by the detruser, sphincter and pelvic floor muscles weakening, but that is correctable and as such is not permanent incontinence.  And I say don't try to become incontinent because whilst it might be a nice fantasy you have no idea how it affects just about every aspect of your life.

What about simple old age? Lots of people become incontinent as they age with no other medical problems. How about people who start wetting the bed in times of high stress? Or how about the well known link between major depression and higher likelihood of incontinence. There are many cases of incontinence not caused by diseases or surgeries. Heck even childbirth causes incontinence in many women. 

Maybe your hang up is in trying to identify "true incontinence". There is no such thing. One is either able to control their evacuative functions or they are not. It does not matter why, only that someone is soiling inappropriately. It is said in medical journals that it is difficult if not impossible to determine the cause of incontinence in many cases. If a person simply chooses to soil themselves at any time they are still defined as incontinent. There are so many causes that can make one incontinent that doctors classify it not on causes by how it manifests itself. Urge, stress, functional or mixed. 

"Encopresis is voluntary or involuntary passage of feces outside of toilet trained contexts (fecal soiling) in children who are four years or older and after an organic cause has been excluded." In adults this is called fecal incontinence. Note that it does matter if it is voluntary or not. 

Back to the premise of whether one can make themself incontinent. One medical journal I found said "Detrusor instability, one type of urinary incontinence, has been etio- logically linked to the loss of conditioned reflexes through self-induced or iatrogenic cirucumstances." Self induced loss of conditioned reflexes. If you care to research this board in depth as I have over many years, you will find tons of accounts of people deconditioning their eliminative abilities. Many start wetting the bed after deconditioning to a certain point. To be clear, these people are experiencing incontinence. They have contitioned themselves to be incontinent. Sure you can say it is correctable, and with much retraining, most could return to continence. There have been a few cases where people became incontinent through deconditioning and decided they wanted to become continent again, but had gone too far and were unable to retrain themselves. 

Whether incontinence is temporary or permanent, it is still incontinence. This goes back to the mistaken term of "true incontinence". There is no definition of that term. It would be subjective anyways. Wikipedia says as much, that there is no definition of "true incontinence": "There is no globally accepted definition,[1] but fecal incontinence is generally defined as the recurrent inability to control the passage of bowel contents through the anal canal and expel it at a socially acceptable location and time, occurring in individuals over the age of four." 

I anticipate that I am talking to a brick wall, but I am not writing this for you. Rather this is for everyone else on this forum who is interested in becoming incontinent. You may choose to persist with your misinformation, but others need to know that you are incorrect.

• Thanks 1

If as a result of disuse, the physical elements of the urinary control system weakens or goes down; i.e. atrophies. Is that not a physical condition and therefore "true" incontinence? It is in fact psychosomatic. Psychosomatic referse to physical things that have psychological origns. Stress ulcers are an example. The psychological stress causes the stomach to pump acid that over time damages the lining. Some heart conditions are the same

• Thanks 1

In addition to muscular atrophy there is an actual neurological atrophy as well. After months/years of disuse the body will actually start to automatically degrade the use of neurons as well.

Well, sorry to rain on any parades but I've made myself incontinent by wearing nappies 247 for over 5 years so I'm politely telling you, I am living proof that I can be achieved. . .  I've been for tests and the urologist has told me, after a camera up the urethra that my internal sphincter isn't working . . . So not only am I living proof, I have a medical diagnosis too. . .  And don't think I will regret it later in life, I am loving it. I'm finally who I want to be. . .  Yes carrying spare nappies everywhere can be a bit of a pain, but hey ho. I'm very well adjusted to wearing thick nappies with plastic pants and now, it's just a part of normal life for me. . . . . . 

5 hours ago, Constantlywet said:

Well, sorry to rain on any parades but I've made myself incontinent by wearing nappies 247 for over 5 years so I'm politely telling you, I am living proof that I can be achieved. . .  I've been for tests and the urologist has told me, after a camera up the urethra that my internal sphincter isn't working . . . So not only am I living proof, I have a medical diagnosis too. . .  And don't think I will regret it later in life, I am loving it. I'm finally who I want to be. . .  Yes carrying spare nappies everywhere can be a bit of a pain, but hey ho. I'm very well adjusted to wearing thick nappies with plastic pants and now, it's just a part of normal life for me. . . . . . 

Maybe this deserves a different thread but I'd love to know about when you consulted a uro and what you told him or her?  I guess this is because I'm now > 12 months down a 24/7 path and I still dread the thought of coming out of nappies.  Accordingly, if this happens to me, I probably need to somehow get facts of my situation aligned with my medical record but I really don't know what to say to a Uro without overtly misleading them or wasting specialist time.

6 hours ago, incondl said:

Do you need to see a urologist or is the question what if you need to see one?

If that question was to me, the answer is if I *did* actually fall into incontinence, I'd probably have to get it checked out to make sure it was nothing more sinister.  Assuming my prostate wasn't the size of an apple, i'd probably get referred off to a urologist.  I'd want to waste minimal time and resource but I'd want that IC "on the record" to avoid awkward surprises.