LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Jeff's Story (v2)

I finally got around to finishing this story over the holidays.  There are 22 chapters and over 130 pages as a Google doc... so it ain't short. :)  There has been a lot of editing, so rather than trying to dig up and re-post in the original thread I'm just going to start over.

I know the Keeperverse stories are popular with some, and not with others, so if it's not your thing, sorry, maybe next time.  If it is your things, your comments and feedback are always welcomed!

------

Chapter 1: The End of the Beginning
Karen and I held hands as we checked once more around the our apartment rooms, empty now after a year and a half.  Everything had been shipped to our new home in California. We took our suitcases that we’d be living out of for a few days, and went to the common area, finding Angie and JoJo waiting for us.  

Angie came over to us, JoJo close behind on her leash.  “Congratulations you guys,” Angie said, giving us hugs, which we returned with feeling.

I knelt down to talk to JoJo, reaching out to scratch her behind her ear, which she loved.  “I’m going to miss you, girl. We’ve had a lot of good times together.”

JoJo laid her head against me.  She had tears in her eyes. Karen and I had not known Angie and JoJo when we found ourselves bidding for the same spacious three-bedroom apartment, and instead of competing had decided to just live together.  It had worked very well, and Karen and Angie had become very close friends, while JoJo and I got along very well.

JoJo had gone through a rough time after being Bound… I mean, she had been a successful and intelligent young woman, a senior studying engineering at the prestigious university we went to, when one day she had been buying groceries and looked into the eyes of Angie, a junior at the same university.  It was instantly clear that she had found her Keeper. She didn’t take quickly to her new life, though, and for the last 18 months we’d known them JoJo had been struggling to adjust to her role as Pet.

At first, I wasn’t sure how to relate to a Pet, but over time we grew close and had many talks, cries, and cuddles together.  Since Angie happened to work at the local Pets*R*Us, she had pulled us into many of the classes she taught (“I get paid based on how many people attend, so get your butts over here”) and both Karen and I had gotten a very good education in how to care for a Pet.  I certainly didn’t have the same Bond that Angie had with her as her Keeper, of course, but I was happy that we had become good friends and confidants.

At this point, I sensed that she just needed to be held, so I held her, patting her lightly on her diaper-covered bottom in a way that I knew she found comforting.  “You’re a little wet… want me to change you?” She shook her head, just enjoying being held.  “Did you do something bad?  Angie has you in full restraints again.”  She looked down and nodded.  I gave her a little hug.  

“You’re working tomorrow, right?”  Karen was still talking to Angie.

“Yup, 10 to 4.  Maybe you can drop by after your graduation, for one last good-bye?”

Karen smiled.  The Pets-R-Us where Angie worked was only a block away from the hall we’d be graduating in.  “I’ll try. But, just in case…” She hugged Angie one more time. “Thanks for everything, Karen.”  Hug. “And you Jeff. Take care of her, alright?” Hug. A last round of hugs all around, and we left our apartment for the last time, trying to hide our emotions.
It was a big weekend.  We were moving out of our apartment, and the next step was to go meet her parents at the hotel.  Then, tomorrow, we graduated in the morning, and headed back to California, where we both had jobs waiting in the same city where she had grown up.  This was probably the biggest set of changes I’d ever made in my life, and everything in 24 hours.

We made it to the hotel, only to get a text from Karen’s father that their plane was delayed, and they weren’t going to make it to the hotel for dinner.  Maybe drinks later in the evening. So, we headed out to a local Thai food joint that had been our favorite for one last meal and some “us-time”. While we enjoyed the food, we chatted about the usual things couples that have been together for a while talk about, especially when there are these major life changes going on.  Schedules, money, plans, and priorities all got covered.  

When we had finished those topics, Karen brought up the next one.  “So… are you going to ask me to marry you tonight? I mean, you don’t have to tell me… and I don’t know what your plans are… but I’d suggest holding off, if you were thinking about it… with my parents coming in late I’m not sure it would be the right thing to do right after meeting them for the first time.”  She smiled her wonderful smile.

I laughed.  It was not in the least a secret to anyone that knew us that we would be getting married, the question had been when I’d pop the question.  All I had said was that I would ask her after school was over, and after I met her parents in person. “No, it wasn’t going to be tonight.  If you have to know, I was going to wait until we were back in California with your friends and family, and make you say ‘yes’ in front of them.”

She smiled, and reached for my hand.  “You better not wait too long, or I’ll ask you first.”  She clearly was the dominant one in our relationship.  She got what she wanted, including for example having chosen the city we’d live in.  Not that I had any problems with going along with her decisions, but every once in a while I made a point of asserting myself, just to confirm our equality in the relationship.  Choosing when we got engaged was one of those things that I had full control over, and so far she was OK with my taking the lead on that.

We finished up, and while waiting for her parents to arrive took one last walk through the city we had grown to love during our time here in school.  It was a warm evening in late May, and we wandered through the central square, watching the evening joggers dodging a few Keepers walking their Pets and mingling with the growing stream of people headed to the local bars.  Just as we considered having a nightcap, Karen’s phone lit up. “Mom and Dad made it to the hotel.”

“Nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Buxton.”  I had talked to them many times on Skype, but this was the first time I had been able to shake their hands.  Or, at least, try to shake their hands. Both of them pulled me into fierce bear hugs. Well, at least I seemed to be stepping off on the right foot.  “Jeff, we’ve talked about this. You don’t need to call me 'Mr.'. Call me Joe, or Dad, or Pops, or ‘hey you’, but not Mr, OK?”

“And I’m Valerie, not Mrs.  OK?”

“Ok, Joe and Valerie, thanks."

“How about a drink at the bar?”  We quickly agreed on a nice single malt scotch for Karen, Joe, and myself, and a white wine for Valerie.  

I looked around.  “Did Jennifer make it?”  Jennifer was Karen’s sister, two years younger.  “I thought she was coming as well?”
Karen’s mother replied, “She made it… she's upstairs in the room getting ready for bed.  She was really tired after the trip, so she said she’d see you tomorrow.”  

We talked about the weather, the local sports and how they weren’t as good as the California teams back home, the plans for graduation tomorrow, and plans for when we went back to California.  We’d be staying with them for two week while we waited for the apartment we had rented to become available at the beginning of next month.  

Finally, the scotch had kicked in enough.  “So, Joe and Valerie,” I said, a little nervously.  Karen looked at me. “Not that I’m going to do anything tonight,” I added looking at Karen to reassure her that what I had said before was still the plan, “but sometime in the near future I’d like to ask your daughter if she’d be willing to marry me.  I’d like make sure that you wouldn’t object before I ask her.”

Her Mom and Dad’s faces lit up in shear joy.  I somehow found myself in a bear hug again.  

Joe was exuberant.  “Of course, of course, of course!”  
Valerie was a little more circumspect.  “It’s about time…”
Of course, that called for another round of drinks, but soon we were on our way back to our rooms, where Karen and I celebrated what we both saw as the end of the start of our lives in a way that only a happy couple can.
The graduation was fun, and not as long as it could have been.  Being that we were both a part of a small college within the larger university, we were in a small hall, more intimate than the stadium that the engineering school was doing their ceremony in.  After the many speeches, well-wishes, and ceremonial pomp, I finally got to walk over to my favorite professor, get a hug, and receive my diploma. Waiting at the end of the stage for me was Karen, and we hugged.  It was a proud moment for both of us. We went back to our seats and waited for the rest of the class to finish, which seemed to take forever when we wanted to get along with our lives.

Soon though, the recessional played and we were milling around the outside of the hall in the reception area, competing for scarce bandwidth as everyone tried to call someone, locate someone, or share pictures.  My bladder was bursting so we made a quick restroom stop. Finally, Karen got a message that her parents were over by the stairs, and we managed to find them. Quick hugs of congratulations from her Mom and Dad, and then Karen pulled me over.  

“Jenn, this is Jeff.  Jeff, Jenn.”

My world stopped.

She was beautiful.  

She was wonderful.

Her eyes… her green eyes… and her hair, and her face and her body.

Everything seemed paused.

Only she existed.

I saw a realization in her face.

Her eyes opened wider.

Suddenly I knew.  The realization must have been on my face as well.

So this is what it was like?  The Bond? I’ve heard many people describe it, including talking to Angie and JoJo at length, but… it was amazing.  It was clearly so much more than just Love. It was… a Bond.

I heard faintly, in the distance, someone yelling “No No No No You can’t do this No No No Not Now”, but it wasn’t the face I was staring at, so it didn’t matter.  I felt someone hitting my arm, and heard someone hitting Jennifer’s arm, but it didn’t matter. Something was trying to pull us apart, though, and that did matter.  I pushed it away, and it stumbled backwards. The pulling and hitting stopped.  

I could smell her.  I could see her so clearly.

“Hello, my Pet.”

Jeff's Story by JustForFun is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.  You can share it with attribution, but cannot change it or make money off it.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the comments!

Question to those reading... how should I pace out the chapters?  All at once?  Approximately daily?  Every few days?  Weekly?  (No, not weekly.  That would be more than five months... even I don't have that kind of attention span...)

Jeff's Story by JustForFun is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.  You can share it with attribution, but cannot change it or make money off it.

Chapter 2: Restraint
I couldn’t believe this.  Her? Me? It seemed so right in the moment.  In the back of my mind, though, something was trying to tell me that this was wrong, that it was not what was planned, that it was going to screw everything up.  I didn’t care. The imprinting in the Bond was so strong. I wanted to smell her. I reached out to her, and she pulled me in tight. I hadn’t realized it, but she was quite a bit taller than me, and she pulled my head down, onto her chest.  It was wonderful. She smelled wonderful. I heard her voice, deep inside my head, tugging at unconscious controls. “I found you, my Pet. You’re mine. I’ll take care of you.” Her voice and scent were overpowering.

My world got fuzzy, voices except for my Keeper became indistinct, and I felt my control slipping.  I realized I was experiencing what I had seen JoJo do so many times when she was stressed… I was fuzzing out.  I don’t remember what happened next.
Valerie took over.  “Oh no,” she said, reaching out to Karen, who was beside herself, still wailing “No”.  She took Karen’s arm, gave her a hug, and passed her to Joe, still standing there with his mouth agape.  “Take her outside.”

People were definitely starting to stare, some of them seemingly in pity, some showing joy at the new Bond, and some showing surprise at the relatively unusual bonding of a male Pet to a female Keeper.  It wasn’t unheard of, but an actual Bonding happening in a very public place, and especially of a male to a woman, was certainly gape-worthy.

Valerie gently guided Jenn and I outside, not asking us to release each other, just guiding.  Meeting up with Karen and Joe outside the door, we went over to a secluded area with a bench and some privacy given by the arrangement of the bushes.  The few folks that were already there saw us, recognized what was happening, and gave us some space. At least it was better than standing in the middle of the busy reception hall.

Karen’s mom held her in a supportive hug.  Tears were streaming down Karen's face. “He was mine.  We were together. We were going to get married. And now…”  She sobbed. Her mom held her tight. It was an unusual situation.  What to do next?

“Honey, I know this is difficult… all your plans… but you know as well as I do that this is a wonderful thing that happens.  I know it’s not easy now, but can you help me figure out what to do next? You lived with Angie and JoJo, right? Do you know what to do?”

Karen’s eyes cleared a little.  She was gaining control of herself, tasked with figuring out a plan. “Angie.  She’s working at Pets*R*Us right now. She’ll know. It’s only a block away.”
“Well, let’s head there.  Better than being in the middle of everything here.”  

Getting everyone together, Karen started guiding us towards Pets*R*Us.
About halfway to the Pet store, I started to come around.  I realized I was walking, holding tightly to my Keeper. Jenn.  She looked at me. “It’s OK. Yes, I’m your Keeper. You’re my Pet.  Everything will be OK, just come with me.”

It was my Keeper.  I felt comforted, but something was wrong.  “…Karen?" I whispered.

“Shh… yes, my sister is here too… she’s helping us… it’s OK… can you walk normally, just holding my hand?  It would be a lot easier.”

I slowly released my hold of her, making sure that I held on with one hand.  I had just found her, and I didn’t want to lose her now. She was the most important thing in my life.  The most important thing in the world. The most important thing in the whole universe. Slowly, I stepped back, still clutching her hand, not wanting her to get away.  I looked into her face. Her beautiful eyes. She was stunning. I would do anything for her. She started walking again, and soon we were walking like a normal couple, hand in hand, me perhaps a little closer to her than was natural.  

My graduation gown fluttered in the wind.  In a moment of clarity I realized that the gown would be among the last of the clothes I wore.  I was now a Pet. I felt tears coming up as I realized that everything I had worked for… the schooling, getting a job, and Karen… oh, Karen… I still loved her… what would we do?  Could I still marry her even if I was her sister’s Pet? Oh no, my Keeper lived in a different city! Of course I would live with her, but maybe Karen would come live with us? Hmmm... how could I trick Karen into living with us?   Then I could have both my Keeper and my friend! Even as I thought it, at the same time I realized my mind had started down the Pet path of making bad decisions.

The tears flowed, but I got strength from the hand, holding mine, guiding me on.  I could trust my Keeper. Instinct, and her voice that kept telling me that I was her Pet, and everything would be OK, kept me just stable enough to walk.

Soon we entered the front door of the Pets*R*Us.  JoJo was there in the front display cage, where she had been so many times on my previous visits for classes, or to visit Angie.  She was usually there when Angie was working, acting as a store mascot, and helping shoppers and their Pets by directing them to the right section, or providing product recommendations, or giving a Keeper a tip about Pet care.  We saw her there often. It had seemed normal. This time, though, I saw her and burst out in tears again. Soon, I’d be in a cage, I knew. The conversations I had with JoJo about how she felt about being kept in a cage came back… the discomfort, the humiliation of being un-trusted to be able to keep out of trouble.  I shivered and cried. My Keeper pulled me tight, giving me strength to keep walking.

JoJo saw us, a look of confusion coming over her.  Why was I with this girl she didn’t know? Why was Karen crying?  What was going on? Then she read my body language. She realized what was happening.  “Angie, Angie, Angie!!!” She cried, running around her cage. Her diapered bottom, obviously wet, bounced up and down in a way that I had thought of as cute before, but now was a stark reminder of my future.

Another moment of clarity struck me, and I realized I needed to make a run for it, before it was too late.  Mustering all my self control and focus, I pushed Jenn away. I couldn’t think of her as my Keeper if this was going to work.  I knew that in a very few cases, the Bond had been broken if it was fought against hard enough, early enough. I had to try. I ran for the door.  I pushed my Keeper’s Mom and Dad out of the way. I saw a Pets*R*Us associate lunge to hit a button by the door, and the doors started to slide shut.  I thought I could make it though. I focused.

Run.

Then, Her voice.  “Stop, Jeff. I am your Keeper.  Stop.”
Her voice.  I stopped. The doors closed.  I could have made it to the doors, but the Bond… the Bond wasn’t going to be broken.  She took my hand, more firmly this time, and she pulled me to my feet. We walked back to where I had tried to run.  My Keeper’s parent's pulled themselves off the floor, and were dusting themselves off, surprised and annoyed. I realized my pants felt wet and warm.

Angie came running up, the same confused look on her face that JoJo had had only a minute earlier, trying to figure out why I was holding hands with someone who was not Karen, why everyone was so emotional, and why there had been such a big commotion.  Like JoJo, it only took a second to read my body language and figure it out. The fact that I was now standing in a puddle of my urine helped clarify things as well, I suspect.

“Oh, Jeff!”  She looked almost apologetic as she came towards me, stopping on the way to give Karen a big supportive hug.  “Come on, let’s go get you into a room.” She looked questioningly at my Keeper, holding out her hand. “Hi, I’m Angie.  I’m a friend of Jeff and Karen here.“
Jenn smiled, shaking Angie’s hand.  “Hi, I’m Jenn. I’m Karen’s sister.”

Angies face lit up in surprise and recognition.  “Oh! Well, that’s… interesting,”  she said, looking at me, then to Karen, then back to Jenn.  “Well, very nice to meet you. Why don’t you bring Jeff over to Room 3 in the back.  I’ll have someone clean this up.” She gestured at the yellowish puddle under me.

Room 3.  I shivered.  Many of the classes had been in Room 3.  It was the largest of the three private rooms.  Usually it had been JoJo, or another Pet, accompanying us to Room 3 on a leash to be the subject of a class, and I admit that I had never really considered how they felt.  I mean, they were Pets. They were meant to be Pets. Now, I was the Pet, and I didn’t think I liked it one bit.

Keeping a firm grasp on my wrist, Jenn led me in the direction Angie had pointed, towards Room 3.  I wanted to run, but I could feel the hand on my wrist, and I didn’t have the ability to fight it. I followed.  Everything was hazy. Why was this happening to me? I’m not a Pet. I’m not supposed to be a Pet… but here I was… and the rest of the family following along, as if this were normal, as I meekly went where my Keeper led me.

When we arrived at Room 3, Karen opened the door.  I saw the cage at the front of the room. The bars gleamed silver, the end door open, as if beckoning, waiting for me.   Sized to hold a Pet on all fours, it was designed to allow the whole class to see the Pet on display, and give access to their body for demonstration.  No way. I wasn’t going in there. I wasn’t supposed to go in there. I pulled away, towards the chairs. Towards where I had sat in all the classes. Towards where I should be sitting. Jenn let me pull in that direction, not sure what Angie wanted us to do.  There were three rows of chairs, and Jenn led me to the front row, and we sat. I wanted to run, but my Keeper kept a firm grip. My Keeper’s grip felt good. I liked that she was holding me.  Her control stabilized me.

Trying to calm myself down, I looked around the room.  I recognized the many posters on the walls from the various classes I’d sat here for… “Proper Nutrition for you Pet”, “Is your Pet wearing the right Diapers?”, “Pet Grooming Basics”, and “Does your Pet Get Enough Exercise?” all stood out.  They were of course sponsored by the various brands… PetChow, KC Pet Diapers (“For your active Pet!”), Pet-Shine grooming cream, and “Home Pet Runs”. I shivered. What would have meant one thing only a few hours ago completely changed when I was the Pet being fed, diapered, groomed, or exercised.  I shivered and whimpered, and my Keeper pulled me closer, calming me a little. I smelled her scent.  She pulled my head around to rest on her chest, which had the unfortunate side effect of directing my eyes at the exam cage up front.

Mounted on a low platform, it was elevated off the floor, both to make it easier to see for those in the class, as well as make it easier to work on, demonstrate, or do whatever needed to be done, depending on the class.  The cage had closely spaced chrome bars, with numerous hatches and openings to provide whatever access was needed while keeping the Pet safely inside. I knew that if I allowed myself to go into there, it was all over. I would be a Pet forever.

I closed my eyes, tried to ignore my Keepers’ hand on me, and prepared with all my resolve to run, one last time.  If I focused, I thought I could make a break for it. I would put my fingers in my ears so that I couldn’t hear her voice this time. I started to tense my body, preparing the flight-or-flight response.  Just as I was about ready to push away and go, the door opened and Angie came in. Distracted, I forgot my plan.

Angie looked surprised to see me sitting there.  “Jenn, you need to firmly lead him to the front of the room.  He looks like he was about to run again.”

Jenn looked at me, tightening her grip.  I could see her trying to read my mind. I shrank back.

“Tell him he won’t run.  Tell him he’ll do as you say.”

“You’re my Pet… you will not run.  Come with me.” She almost had to physically pull me, although there was no way I could resist her, especially when she repeated it.  “Come with me. You’re my Pet.” It was only a few steps, but it was as if I had walked death row. I was at the entrance to the cage.

Angie was there waiting.  “OK, now tell him to ‘kennel up’.  He needs to be conditioned that when he hears that phrase, he will get in the cage, crate, or kennel without any thinking.  Do it now.”

“Kennel up.”  I looked at her.  She had said it almost as a question.  I didn’t want to.

“More forceful.  You can’t give him an opportunity or a thought that he might resist.”

“Kennel up!”  This time, her voice carried the un-arguable weight of a Keeper's command, and I found myself climbing head-first into the cage.

“OK, reward him with a ‘Good boy’, and repeat the command.”

“Good boy, Pet.  Kennel up. Good boy.”  Her voice was firm, and I felt the warmth of knowing that I was pleasing my Keeper.  I was doing the right thing. I was being good. Getting in the cage pleased my Keeper.  As I heard the door close and lock behind me, though, it broke me out of the trance I was falling into and I panicked again.  This time, though, I was in a secure cage. There was no place to run, nothing I could do. I started bawling.

Angie looked at Jenn.  “Wow, that was close. I think he was going to run again.  You need to be really careful with Pets at this stage… sometimes they are afraid of what they're becoming, and even though they are Bound to you they might be panicky about the future and think that running away would solve it."  She looked at me. "Knowing Jeff here... he's scared, because I know he never thought of himself as possibly being a Pet. Right, Jeff?" I shook my head. "It’s good that he's in the cage now, but you should maintain physical contact with him.  It will calm him, and help with the imprinting and Bonding." I felt my Keeper’s touch on my neck as she reached in, and indeed I calmed a little.

I could see Karen through the bars of the cage, sitting in a chair. See her through the bars of the cage I occupied. My cage.  The chair next to her was empty. The chairs we had so often sat during classes. Her look told me all I needed to know. Pity.  Sadness. Regret. Acceptance.

Angie looked around, and decided she needed to take charge.  So she did. Not knowing what else to do or say, she fell back on her professional training.

“OK, so welcome to Pets*R*Us.  I know some of you… but for those I don’t, I’m Angie.  I will be happy to help you through what I hope is a joyous, but stressful, time as you adapt to your new Pet.”  Looking at Karen, she continued, “I know these times can have many loaded emotions, as some people may feel sadness, or even anger, as if they are losing a friend or family member, but I can only assure you that things will get better with time, and I hope you can help by being supportive in this transition?”  She said it as a question, and Karen nodded.

“Good,” she continued, “And you're Jennifer, right?  Karen has mentioned you before so nice to meet you.  As a new Keeper, do you have any training?”

Jennifer, still petting me through the access hatch, shook her head.  “No, I’m afraid not. But I hope… that… Karen, I know you have a lot of training.  You were looking for a Pet, I know. This is.. weird… I know, but will you help me?”  She looked pleadingly at her sister.

Karen stood up, and then walked over and hugged her sister.  “I won’t say that this is working out how I wanted… and I still have a lot to process… but you’re my sister, and I love you.  Of course I’ll help. The fact that it’s Jeff… and we were going to get married… well... It will be weird. But of course I’ll help you.”

Angie smiled.  “That’s great. I know Karen has taken all my classes already, so that will help a lot.  For that matter, so has Jeff here, so for better or worse he knows what’s coming. It’s obviously hard on him, so he’ll need all the support he can get too.  Karen and Jeff, I know you’ve seen how hard it’s been for JoJo, so I know you are aware that sometimes a new Pet and Keeper have an easy time, and sometimes a hard time.  I’ll help do what I can to give you pointers on how to make it as easy as possible, OK?”

Karen and my Keeper both nodded.  I just felt my Keeper petting me. She could keep petting me all day.  I wouldn’t mind.  Angie looked at her phone.  “OK. I know Karen and Jeff had plans to leave today… so… I have to ask, what’s your schedule? It’s just after 11am.”

Joe spoke up.  “We have an 8PM flight home, but Jenn was going to fly out at 3 back to Seattle.  Do we… Do we need to change it? What should we do?”

Angie looked at Jenn.  “You’re going to need a fair amount of help over the next few days.  There are a lot of changes in the transition for both you and your Pet… if you could be with family, it would be a lot easier.”

“It would be hard for us to stay here… and the flight was completely booked.  I’m not sure how we could stay around to help out, or bring Jenn back with us…” Joe said, looking at Valerie.

“Well,” Angie said, "you have Jeff’s ticket… and Karen, I think you said you were flying on NorthEast, where, as you know, ‘Pets Fly Free’.”

Karen looked surprised.  “Fly Jeff… as a Pet?”

Angie looked sympathetic.  “Karen, honey…” she gestured at me, locked in a cage, still wearing the gown from my graduation which was now wet in front.

Joe nodded.  "You have a point. Let me call the airline and see if we can switch Jeff’s ticket into Jenn’s name.”  He pulled out his phone, and walked away.

“It’s not ideal, keeping him away from his new Keeper for your whole flight, but you have a few days here for conditioning and imprinting, and I think overall it would be better to do it at home.  So, to get ready, we need to prep your new Pet. First things first…" she opened a drawer under the exam cage and pulled out a tablet.  She did something with it, then handed it to Jenn. "This is the legal documentation.  I need you to read it… It says that you and Jeff are now Bound, and he is now your dependent.  You are responsible for him. Use your finger to sign here…"

Jenn scrolled through, and signed.

"...and I can witness…" Angie scribbled on the tablet.  "and now that he's legally your dependent… well actually, as you know, it’s more than a dependent; you own him... we can do this next part, where Jeff gives legal permission for you to use restraints, punishments, and anything else you see fit to help control him.  In fact, you're pretty much required to use them in some cases, because as your dependent anything he does is your responsibility.  And since he's your dependent, you can sign for him."

Jenn looked at me and put her hand on the side of my face.  She looked at me in a way that I can only describe as a deeply caring possessiveness.  I felt myself melting into her hand.  She was all I wanted.  “I’m so happy I found you.  I promise to take the best care of you I possibly can, my Pet.”  She turned to the table and signed.  And just like that, I was sentenced to being owned and restrained for the rest of my life.

Angue pulled out some leather cuffs from the drawer and handed them to Jenn. "We'll get to his actual Pet registration later, but for now we need to do a few things to him, and keeping his hands and legs steady make things a little easier.  His rational decision making skills and judgement are likely slipping already, and he's probably scared, so while he wouldn’t harm anyone intentionally he might panic and do something accidentally.”

I watched as Jenn looked me in the eyes, and while keeping my attention she opened an access hatch near my arm.  She took my hand, and buckled the cuff around my wrist. The leather was soft, well used. Then, she put my hand back down in the cage and attached a clip on the cage side to the ring on the cuff.   Closing the door, she repeated the procedure on my other hand, then broke eye contact to go behind me.

“Keep talking to him so he knows it’s you.  He might try to kick if he thinks he has a chance to get loose.  He could hurt himself.”

My Keeper’s voice kept going, telling me what a good boy I was, and how happy she was that I kept still.  I felt relaxed, and allowed my limbs to be locked to the bottom of the cage. Jenn stepped away. I panicked at the loss of her touch, and struggled, the cuffs holding me tight.  

“OK, so given your choice to head home, which I think is the right move, you’re going to have to make some choices quickly.  We can process the registration here, get him chipped, and give him his vaccinations, all of which will be necessary to get him on the plane.  You’re also going to need some supplies, because I know you don’t have any, and there are some things that you’ll need. As far as Bonding, I’ll give you the pointers that I can in the time we have, but I strongly suggest booking an obedience and conditioning classes.  I can get you discounts at a Pets*R*Us in California, unless you have someplace else you’d rather go?”

“Uh, sounds good,” said Jenn.  She was standing a few feet from me, and it seemed like she was almost as much in shock about what was happening as I was.

Angie took a binder from the drawer, and removed a piece of paper.   “OK, here’s the quick list of what you need.” She looked over.  “Karen… would you help your sister go shopping?  Maybe your mom too? Focus on what’s in the ‘Your First Day’ section.  I’d also suggest getting what’s in the ’If your Pet is a male’ section.”

Karen nodded, and they left the room.  I was alone. I was alone in a cage. I was a Pet.  I started to panic again. Angie looked at me. “Well Jeff, I have to say I’m only half surprised to see you as a Pet… you and JoJo got along so well, I guess I would have taken a bet there you’d be here.  But… your Keeper being Karen’s sister? A male Pet to a female Keeper, the sister of the girl he was supposed to marry? Well… that’s unusual!”

I knew Angie was trying to calm me down with small talk, but she wasn’t my Keeper, and it just made me more anxious.  I pulled at cuffs holding my wrists and ankles.  Joe was still on the phone. I was in a cage. I was a Pet. I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate on breathing.  Panicking wouldn’t help right now.

“What do I do, Angie?  Why am I here? Why me?”

“Jeff… well, I know you’ve talked to JoJo at length.  Some people… well, I guess this sounds cliche, but we don't know why some people are Pets, and some are Keepers, or why two people Bond.  It’s not the kind of thing you choose, or not.”

“But I don’t want to be a Pet!  I don’t want to be in this cage!  I don’t want to wear a diaper! I don’t want to be owned!”  I was at the 'anger' stage. “What do you mean, it’s ‘who I am’?  That’s such… bullshit. it’s not who I am.”

Angie reached into the cage, caressing the hair on my head, scratching me.  “But it is, Jeff. You found your Keeper, and now you’re a Pet. You can make the best of it, or you can fight it, but… you’re her Pet.  You know as well as I do that your body and mind will change now. You can’t be trusted even now… look at what happened when you tried to run.  You could have hurt people. And if you’re not kept in control, you’ll try other things. You know this.”

I did.  I had taken the classes.  I knew that the mind of a Pet quickly lost critical decision making skills, and the ability to assess the impact of a decision.  It’s why Pets were usually kept under their Keepers’ control, on leashes, or in cages, and only the most trusted pets would be given more freedom of movement after they adapted and proved themselves. “Angie, this sucks. I’m not sure if it’s worse for Karen, or for me.”

“Well, I think Karen definitely is going to have a hard time.  You guys had your whole life ahead of you, with all sorts of plans.  Now, she’s on her own, but you’re still in the family. You, on the other hand… Well, I think Jenn will be a very good Keeper for you.  And if you have a good Keeper, well… you’re set. You’ll be fed, cared for, and…” she smiled, "have all the sex you can handle.  With a woman, I might add.  You’re luckier than many who have been where you are now.  What’s so wrong with that?”

“Well, I just pissed myself again, I’m in a cage, the person I expected to be my wife and her sister, who soon will be my legal owner, are on a shopping trip to buy me diapers, and as soon as my registration is complete I will have all the legal rights of a pet hamster.”

“Ok, so there’s that.  But how was the play, Mrs Lincoln?”

• Like 2
7 hours ago, justforfun said:

“Ok, so there’s that.  But how was the play, Mrs Lincoln?”

Love that last line.

I'd say post new chapters 3 or 4 times a week! This story is great. Very well written.

Thanks for the feedback!  I'll probably post a chapter every other day, give or take. 

Feedback always welcome, although since the story is finished I probably won't be able to change much.

Chapter 3: Becoming

A few minutes later Jenn and Karen came back.  They had a shopping cart loaded with supplies. “I had a few questions,” Karen started, “since this is… unusual… first… a Pet cage is listed, but I think we can just get a travel crate, right?”

“Yes, since you’re leaving soon, you can just borrow a cage for now, and then get one in California.”

“OK, do we need all the restraints that are listed?”

Angie looked at the list.  “Well, the travel crate you selected- which is a really good one, by the way, I guess you were listening during the ‘Travelling with your Pet’ class- comes with a special muzzle that connects to the crate’s water supply, so you don’t need another muzzle for now.  You do need the Pet-Paws… yes, the lockable kind, until he’s trained well enough to be trusted not to remove them… no, you don’t need the harness right now… yes, you will definitely need this.” She held up the metal contraption. I knew what it was from the ‘So Your Pet is a Male’ class.  It was a chastity device.

I whimpered, and Jenn laughed.  “Why does he need this?”

Angie looked at Karen.  “Well… as you know… Pets and Keepers are very sexually attracted to each other.  Very. And since you’re female and he’s male… well.. until you neuter him, he could get you pregnant.  Usually a Pet and their Keeper are the same sex, so it’s not a problem, but in your case… well… at least one of you needs to wear a chastity device, and I assume you don’t want it to be you, Jenn.”

Jenn laughed again.  “Nope. Good point. Ok.”

I had been silent, but I chose then to speak up.  “You’re not going to neuter me, right? I mean… neutering?”  I was panicking again, pulling against the leather . Everyone turned around with a surprised look on their faces.  They had already forgotten that I could understand them, and talk, and had only a short time ago been a virile man.

Angie was the first to respond.  “Karen, open the travel crate, and take out the included muzzle.  It’s a good one. At this point, I think it would be best to proceed without input from your new Pet, especially because it's someone familiar to us.  I know it seems horrible to say, but the early part of this process is frankly a lot easier if you can disassociate a little. We need to think of him as a Pet, not a human, and he needs to start thinking of himself that way as well.  Otherwise, we'll end up thinking and reacting as if it's our friend Jeff, who we know and love and trust, as opposed to the Pet that Jeff has become, who we love, but don't know or trust."

“Oh c’mon,” I tried to protest, “I’ll be quiet, I promise.  Really. Please don’t put a muzzle on me.” By that time, Karen had found the muzzle in the included items in the travel crate, and was peeling the packing plastic off it.  The red plastic looked intimidating. Karen handed it to Jenn, who brought it over to my cage.

Angie instructed Jenn through the process of putting it on me, and what to say to get me to accept it.

Jenn unlocked the access door at the front, speaking gently but confidently.  “It’s OK pet. I’m going to put this on you. You’ll be fine. Relax. Let me put this on you.”  Her voice froze me, and I didn’t feel the need to fight as the plastic contraction was placed on my face.  First one, then another, then another strap was buckled and pulled tight. Soon, it was on and locked. I tried to talk.  Only the faintest sounds came out. I tried to yell. Barely audible. “OK, much better. Now we can do what we need to do.”

Angie handed Jenn a pair of scissors.  “OK, it’s time. Let’s get all his clothes off.  He won’t need them any more.”
“Won’t he get cold?” Jenn asked, snipping carefully at my shirt, keeping a hand on the back of my neck to keep me calm.  

“No, a Pet’s body changes quickly.  There are some obvious changes such as the lack of bladder control and the poor decision making, but other changes include the Pet’s metabolism changing to generate a lot more heat, so he’ll need a special diet that can supply the energy, and over time he will become lighter.”

My top half was bare, except for the muzzle, and my shirt and the front of the gown were laying on the bottom of the cage.  She closed the front access doors and opened the rear doors. Soon, my pants, the rest of the gown, and my shoes and socks were laying on the bottom of the cage as well.  These clothes were wet, evidence of my new-found lack of bladder control. All the clothes were pulled out of the cage, and after my phone, wallet, and keys were removed from my pants, everything went into a trash bag.  Now I was cold and naked, on full display, in a cage with a number of other people walking around me, examining me. Jenn seemed most interested in my genitals, reaching in and fondling them.  

Angie smiled.  “As I said, the Keeper and Pet have a close sexual bond, and, frankly, neither would be able to control themselves.  So, until you get him neutered, you should keep this locked on. Jenn, here, take these, and get his knees as far apart as possible.”

“Spread your knees for me, my Pet.  Good boy. Good boy for spreading your knees.”  I moved my knees apart, obeying my Keeper. My Keeper reached into my cage, and I felt the leather straps tightening around my legs, holding my knees at the sides of the cage.  I was now well spread, presenting an embarrassing view to what I had hoped such a short time ago would be my wife and in-laws.

“First, let’s clean him up down there.  Jenn, take this cream, and rub it around where his diaper will be.  It’s a hair remover.”

I could feel Jenn’s hands all over my crotch, rubbing the cream everywhere.  There was a little burning sensation, and I tried to maneuver to get more attention on my throbbing member from her, but my restraints limited my motion, and it seemed she touched me just enough to tease me.  I whimpered inaudibly through the gag.  A minute later, I felt the cream being rubbed off.

“Wow, that was fast, and now he’s completely hairless.”  I felt a hand on my genitals.  Somehow I could tell it was my Keeper’s hand exploring my now completely smooth skin.  I wanted so much more than her light touch.  My frustration was building, but there was nothing I could do.  

Angie left briefly and came back with something in a paper towel.  I had seen this class before, so I knew what it was… an ice pack.  I whimpered and squirmed, but I was still held tightly.  There was talking behind me, but I couldn’t understand what was being said.  When the ice pack was applied to my genitals I tried to scream, but I could feel my erection quickly diminishing.  After a minute of so the ice pack was removed and Angie showed everyone how the metal cage clipped around my balls and caged my now limp penis, preventing sexual activity on my part.  I could feel the weight. Angie looked around, and handed the key to Valerie. “You shouldn’t ever allow Jenn access until he’s neutered. Otherwise they _will_ have unprotected sex.  You don’t want that, because the medical, never mind legal, issues around Keeper-Pet babies are complicated, at best. When you get home you should put it in a safe that Jenn doesn’t have access to. Got it? The next person who touches that key has to be the Pet doctor that will neuter him.”

Valerie nodded and attached the key to her key chain, dropping the key to my release in her purse.  I whimpered again, but no one heard anything.

“So, after he’s neutered that can come off?”  I had to smile a little, despite my discomfort, as there was a slight note of desperation in her voice as well.

“Well, there will be a few days after neutering where he may still have live sperm, so maybe a little after neutering, but talk to the doctor.  Also, many Keepers use chastity devices on their Pets as a control device, because as you know many Pets will hump anything alive, and many things that aren’t.  The chastity cage can help control that a little.  You can decide later, though.”  

Jenn just nodded.  Angie went back to the shopping cart, coming back with a package of diapers and some wipes.  “Good, Karen, you were definitely listening in the traveling class. These are the most absorbent with all-around coverage, and the cool thing is that they are designed so you can reverse them front-to-back.  This way it makes it more difficult for the Pet to tamper with the diaper, as well as making it easier to put on a caged Pet. A good choice when he’ll be in the crate for a long time traveling, but probably too expensive for normal daily use… but you can get regular diapers back in California.  Jenn, let me show you how to diaper him in the cage. It’s harder than when they’re free and you can just lay them on their backs.”

She opened some more access hatches, and showed Jenn how to wipe me off, including down my legs where I had dribbled.  The wipes felt strange on my newly smooth skin, and the lack of sensation on my penis due to the chastity cage was disconcerting.  I heard her unfold the diaper, and I felt her put one end on the small of my back.

Pets wore diapers, I knew that. I had changed JoJo I don’t know how many times, and seen Pets be diapered in demonstrations in classes many times.  I had never given a thought to it being me here, in the cage at the front of the classroom. The humiliation was too much, and I broke out into yet another round of sobbing into the muzzle. Then, the part I had been not at all looking forward to.  The thick diaper was pulled forward between my legs, and one side was pulled up and taped on the back. The diaper was adjusted some, and then the other side was pulled up and taped. Then two more tapes tightened everything up. Even with my legs still spread to the side of the cage the diaper felt hugely bulky between my legs.  The leg openings itched a little, and I tried to wiggle a little, not solving anything but hearing the diaper clearly crinkling. Then I felt two fingers running around the inside of my crotch, settling the leak guards and relieving the itching, but causing a pain in my groin as I responded to the intimate attention.

“OK, now that he won’t dribble all over everything, let’s get him into his restraints.  I really recommend that you go with both arm and leg restraints. Jeff is a strong Pet, and until you get him conditioned and trained… well, I know he’s a good boy, but he might hurt himself or others by accident.”  Angie took the Pet Paws out of their packaging.  

Opening a front access hatch, Angie showed Jenn how to talk to me, to keep me calm, while she removed the cuff on one wrist.  She then took my arm and placed it in the Pet Paw. I had seen them before, of course, and had even helped Angie put them on JoJo once, but I had had no idea how limiting they felt.  My fingers were held spread in a comfortable position, but useless through the leather ball. At the bottom of the paw were traction pads, arranged in the pattern of a cat or dog’s paw pads.  My wrist could only bend a few degrees. They came about half-way up my forearm, and the zipper locked at the top. A metal ring at my wrist allowed Jenn to clip the paw to the cage again. Soon, with Jenn talking confidently in a commanding tone to me, both hands were useless.

With the front paws done, they moved to the back.  “There are different schools of thought that you'll hear, but I recommend that all new Pets be kept down continuously for the first few weeks, or even months.  First, their changing body will physically adapt faster this way, and it also psychologically reinforces their position. These paws are the best, because they have everything from the integrated knee pads to the thigh strap here that will keep them down.  Let’s get these fastened on… Jenn, keep him calm…” Soon, it was done.

“OK, last few things.  Registration.” She pulled out a box.  “I need a blood sample… I guess I got ahead of myself, as usually we do it on a finger.  Oh well, any place will work.” Taking a little snap device, she put it on my upper arm. I felt a little pop and felt a little sting, and she used a strip to collect the drop of blood.  “Be right back…”

Joe came over to Jenn, looking at his phone.  “OK Jenn, you’re booked in Jeff’s seat. Jeff… you… well, you’re flying Pet.  Same flight time, but they want us to the airport a little early so that we can get Jeff checked in.  I couldn’t do it here because we don’t have his registration number yet, but they said as long as we had them when we checked him in it wouldn’t be a problem."

Jenn smiled.  “Well, I guess it worked out about as well as it could have.  I mean, I just got off school, so I have the whole summer. Hope you don’t mind if I crash at your place for a while, Dad…”

“Of course not.  This is a big thing!  We can have a little Binding party if you want... invite some friends over... cook some burgers.  I mean, I had expected a wedding… but… a Pet is nice too. Cheaper for us, too. ” He smiled at me, trying to add a little levity to the situation.

I slouched in the cage.  Weddings. Working. Graduation.  So many things that were important to me, now gone.  Wait, what about my family? I couldn’t believe I hadn’t thought of them yet.  None of my family had been able to afford the trip out to see me graduate… so none of them knew anything yet.  I tried to get their attention, to get them to remove the muzzle so I could ask Karen to contact my family, but to them it just looked like I was having another panic attack.  Jenn reached in, petting me, talking to me. I welcomed her touch, but it didn’t stop my tears.

Angie returned, a tablet in her hand.  “OK, everything checks out. Genetically he’s as expected, no issues.  No diseases found.  So, last part. Normally we have you fill in a paper form and then we enter it, but given the timing I’ll do it directly.  OK, Jenn, your name and address?”

“Jennifer Buxton.  123 Applegate Road, Seattle, Washington.”

“Age?”

“19”.

“Sex - female… eyes - brown… height?”

“5 feet, 11 inches.”

“OK, that’s all for you.  OK, Pet…”

“Human name?  Well, I know that.  Address? I know that as well.  Age... 22, right?" Karen nodded. "OK, weight?”  She looked at a display on the cage I was in. “131 pounds.  Height?” She looked at Karen.

“He’s 5 feet, 4 inches.”

“Ok, Keeper, do you want to change his name, legally?  I recommend it, to help him make the transition.”

Jenn looked at Karen.

Karen shrugged.  “Most Pets have a name that is something close to the human name they are losing.  As you probably know, most names for Pets are diminutive. Maybe something like JayJay for him?  Kind of like JoJo.”

Angie and Jenn both smiled.  “Yup. I like it.”  They didn’t ask me.

“JayJay it is then.  OK, I think we have everything here.  Oh, temporary address? This will go in his chip, in case he’s recovered.  You can change it anytime.” Joe spoke up, and gave their address in California.

“Right, ok… checking, checking, all good.  This is a legal form, so Jenn, please sign here….”  Jenn took a stylus, and signed on the screen. “His blood test functions as his signature, and he’s your dependent already anyway, so…” she pushed a button.

“Done.  He’s your Pet, legally.”  Jenn’s petting of me increased in intensity, and her hand gripped the side of my muzzle.  I had no more tears to cry.

"OK, so based on the registration…” Angie picked something up.  I recognized it from another class we had taken. It was the chipping gun.  She took a small package, and held it to an area on the table. “OK, chip’s programmed.”  She looked at me. “Sorry Jeff… I mean JayJay, I hear that this isn’t pleasant. But it will be over quickly, I promise.”  She opened a hatch on the top of the cage and used an alcohol wipe to clean an area on the side of my neck. She inserted the little pellet into the gun.  Pinching the skin on the side of my neck she had cleaned, she pressed the gun to it and quickly hit the trigger. A pain as if I had just been stabbed came from the injection site, and I tried to scream into my muzzle.  “Good thing that muzzle was in, right JayJay? Here Jenn, hold this over the injection point until the bleeding stops.”  

I felt my Keeper’s hand on my neck, and immediately relaxed.  She was talking. “You’re here. You’ll be fine. I’m your Keeper.  You’re safe with me.” I felt myself slipping into a trance.

“OK, last thing, Angie said.  Did you pick out a collar?”

A collar.  The ultimate symbol of Pet-hood.  I guess it was inevitable.

“Yes, we have three… we couldn’t decide.  The first is this basic leather collar.” OK, it wasn’t that bad.  A basic leather collar.

Angie looked at it.  “Yup, basic locking collar.  Not a bad choice.”

“The second option,” said Karen as she held up a box I couldn’t really see through the chrome bars of my cage, “has tracking and monitoring.  This was my choice.”

"And the third option was this.”  Jenn held up another box I couldn’t see.  “Has the tracking and monitoring, along with what they call ‘Positive Pet Control’.  What’s that?”

Angie sighed.  “I don’t like those, Jenn.  They are… well, they’re shock collars, really.  They’re for really stubborn Pets that need more consistent behavioral reminders to correct specific problems when the Keeper isn’t around, but I see too many Keepers who buy them because the Keepers themselves don’t know how to properly train or condition their Pets.  The collar that Karen has is the one that I recommend, and the same one that JoJo wears… I guess she was listening when she attended my classes!”

I closed my eyes.  We had covered collars in a class that we had taken only a month or so ago.  The monitoring collar would let Jenn monitor my health, alertness, activity level, and, if I somehow managed to get free, my location.  At the time, I had thought that would be a pretty great set of features to have it we ever got a Pet. Not so much for me.

Karen opened the box, and pulled out the collar.  Installing the batteries, they spent a few minutes downloading the app to their phones, connecting, and making sure that everything was working.  While they were doing that, Angie fetched the metal registration tags that had been printed in another room, and attached them to the front of the collar.  They jingled a little. Then Angie opened the front of the cage and handed the collar to Jenn. “OK JayJay, it’s your big moment. Reassure him, Jenn, and let him know you’re going to take good care of him.  That he doesn’t need to worry about anything. Tell him he’s a good boy.”

I heard the words coming from my Keeper’s mouth, but they went past my conscious hearing.  I held still and closed my eyes, a warm comforting glow around me. I felt the collar around my neck, and then the click as it locked on.  I shook my head a little, getting used to the feeling of the collar around my neck, a feeling that would be there for the rest of my life. I opened my eyes, still hearing my Keeper’s voice.  She kissed me on the forehead, and a tingling warmth ran over me. I felt owned. I felt safe. I felt like I was a Pet.

Angie looked at her watch.  “OK, it’s 12:30. That didn’t really take all that long.”  I had been reduced from an adult with a freshly printed college diploma, to a non-human Pet in a wet diaper in a cage, in an hour and a half.  Great. “I think that we all need a break. Why don’t you go get some lunch… I’m sure you’re hungry, and it’s been an exciting morning. I’ll take care of Jeff… JayJay… if you’ll help me for one moment, Jenn.”

Karen and Jennifer looked at their parents, and shrugged.  “OK… Jenn doesn’t need to stay with him, though?” Valerie asked.  

“Yeah, I’d… uh… I feel like I shouldn’t leave him.  Can I just stay here?”

Angie shook her head.  “He’ll be fine for a few minutes.  He needs some time to process this too.  You’ll have plenty of time to bond.  Why don’t you go out, and come back about two?  An hour and a half? And Jenn, just help me with this one thing.”  Meanwhile, she had unclipped my front and rear… paws, I guess… from the cage and released the straps holding my legs open.  I was free. In a cage, but free. It felt good to move around a little. As I closed my legs, I could feel the thick diaper, and the metal cage on my privates.

I saw her reaching into the drawer.  She came out with a leash. “OK Jenn, Come here and clip on his leash.  I want you to tell him that the leash is an extension of you, and if he’s on the leash, it’s just like you touching him.”  

This had been covered in a class.  I remembered. I knew exactly what was supposed to happen.  I could fight this. I was supposed to feel as if my Keeper was there, and react on the leash as if it was her hand guiding me.  I closed my eyes, trying not to hear her voice, but it wasn’t working. I could feel her control, and my willingness to follow her directions.  “The leash is my hand. When you’re on the leash, you’re safe. When you’re on the leash, you’re in my control. If you follow the leash, you're a good boy.”  

The voice went deep into my psyche, repeating. I knew that my Keeper wanted to control me, and I knew that I wanted to follow her commands.  When I felt a tug on my collar, I realized I was on the leash. Angie opened the front of the cage, pulling out the ramp under the cage, so that I could descend.  I followed the gentle tug on my collar. The pull relaxed me. I could relax, and follow the pull of the leash, and know that my Keeper was happy, so I was happy.  I could feel myself fuzzing out again as her words echoed in a part of my brain that needed, indeed craved, her input and control.

I descended the ramp, and Jenn, following Angie, headed for the door of Room 3.  I had entered an hour and a half ago, half man and half Pet, still fully clothed   I was leaving on a leash, the thick diaper a clear indicator of both my status and level of control, and the restraints on me a poor reflection of the trust others had in my ability to behave.  I was at the same time humiliated and ashamed… humiliated that I was on a leash, wearing a diaper, clearly a non-human, but ashamed that I couldn’t be trusted to be a better Pet for my Keeper. I paused, but my Keeper’s voice along with the firm pull of the leash was more than I could resist, and I followed my keeper out into the store.

• Like 2

It's going really well so far. Hopefully for our pet, JayJay, the neutering is just a vasectomy and not castration. Castration would make the chastity cage irrelevant because he'd lose the testosterone production powerhouse of his testicles, and thus wouldn't have much of a sex drive.

Chapter 4: JoJo Back
I could hear Angie guiding Jenn.  “He’s doing fine. He’s nervous, but keep the leash taut, and let him know that you’re there, and in control.”  I knew this. I had taken the classes. I knew the behavior training. The real surprise was that it was so effective on me.   It worked. I was living the frustration that JoJo had so often expressed in our talks. One tiny portion of the brain still wanted to fight, but there were so many strong feelings of comfort, care, and security in doing what my Keeper wanted that they easily swamped the tiny voice of resistanceThe pull of the leash was… comforting.  It provided direction, control, and affirmation that I was doing the right thing, and that my Keeper cared about me.

I was led around the store, over to the holding cages.  There were a few other Pets there, waiting for a grooming, or a class, or just waiting while their Keepers shopped.  I was taken to a cage at the end, and with some encouragement, entered. The cage door closed with a click, and Jenn was left there, holding my leash which passed through a small access hatch in the cage door.

“Tell him what will happen, and what you expect.  You’re going for lunch, and you’ll be gone for about an hour and a half to two hours.  You expect him to behave, and while you’re gone he should listen to me. He’ll be safe in this cage.”

Jenn turned to me, and once again her words went right to something under my unconscious self.  I heard her talking, but it just seemed reassuring, relaxing, and I knew that I could trust her, that she’d return, and that I would be OK.  Angie would be there. I knew Angie. Angie would be OK to listen to, until my Keeper came back. I relaxed, as my Keeper’s hand removed the leash from my collar and closed the hatch.  The clear plexiglass cage door gave me a view of my Keeper walking away with the person I had previously considered a friend, but in the short term might consider an acceptable surrogate for my Keeper, for a little while, anyway.  

I looked around the cage.  It was, clearly, a cage. It was only about three feet tall, but with my ankles held to my thighs so that I walked on all fours, the height wasn’t really a problem. Other than the door, there were two sides that appeared to be a solid… something… and the third wall, in the cage beside me, was a dense metal mesh.  I tried to examine my restraints a little more, but there wasn’t really anything to see that I hadn’t seen before in classes. Front and rear Pet Paws… a muzzle that I could feel but couldn’t really see… a very very thick diaper… well… not much I could do. Now what? I made a few circles in the cage, then tried to find a comfortable position to lie down.  I felt anxiety about watching my Keeper leave with her family, but I knew that she’d be back.  She had told me so.  My Pet brain was OK with this.  Angie was here.  It would be ok.

Looking out into the store, I saw the rest of my life.  Pet products… Pets on leashes, some walking on two legs, some restrained, like me, to the ‘down’ position on all fours.  All wearing diapers. All on a leash. Some with the Pet Paws, or similar… some with free hands.  Almost all had muzzles of some sort.  It seemed there were all sorts of pets wandering through the store.  

What I hadn't really realized before though was how happy and relaxed the Pets seemed. They walked along beside their Keepers, and I saw Keepers reach down to give their Pets a little scratch.  They were on a leash but it didn't seem to bother them, and they revelled in the attention from their Keepers. I knew my Keeper would give me that care and attention, and that things would get better.

Then I saw a Pet on a leash that I recognized.  I got up, and went to the door of my cage as JoJo was led on a leash to the cage next to mine by Angie.  JoJo’s eyes went wide as she recognized me. “Jeff?”

“JayJay now, dear,” Angie corrected, as she opened the cage door and JoJo went in.  “Come here, JayJay. Look, I will remove your muzzle so you two can chat if you PROMISE to not make a lot of noise.  OK?”

I nodded.  I definitely needed to talk to JoJo right now.  

“OK.  I’m going to bring you some food too.  Come to the hatch.” I shuffled over, and Angie opened the hatch in the door.  She reached in and using a key on her necklace she released the straps on the muzzle.  I was free. Well, free-ish. I guess if I considered the removal of the muzzle being free… well…

“Thanks Angie.”  

She looked at me, a strange combination of sadness and happiness in her eyes.  “I’m sorry… that it happened this way, but I’ve seen the way you talked to JoJo.”  She held my face in her hand. "I think… I hope… well, I hope you can soon find comfort and joy in this eventually.  I think you and Jenn will do well together. She doesn’t know the details of how to be a Keeper yet, but she seems kind, and loving, and I hope you do well together.  I’m sure you’ll do well together.”

I didn’t know what to say.  I felt myself tearing up yet again.  “Thanks. Thanks for everything.”

“You know… the reason I pulled you to all the Pet classes was you, you know.  I don’t know if I had a feeling, or what… but… I saw how you interacted with JoJo.  I think that maybe I realized, subconsciously, that the training would come in useful.  I don’t know.” She looked away. “You can get water from the nipple here in the cage. I’ll get you some food.  Talk to JoJo.”

She left, and I turned to the metal partition between the cages.  “Hi,” I said.

“Hi. So… anything interesting happen today?”

I couldn’t help but laugh.  "You have the… best… sense of humor ever.  Thank you.” I could smell her through the partition.  She smelled different. Stronger.  “So, any Pet survival tips?”

Now it was her turn to laugh.  “I think that over the last year and a half you’ve heard everything.  I think Angie was right you know. I don’t know how, but… she knows. She’s seen it enough times.  Kind of like a human woman that can tell another woman is pregnant before they even know.” She shook her head.  “You know my story, so it’s not like I’m going to tell you it will be easy, or everything will be roses. But, I know I spent most of the time complaining, or whining.  I don’t think I ever really described the good parts. How good you feel when you make your Keeper happy. The joy of stretching out in a nice warm sunny spot on a cold morning.  Being free, and even expected, to act like the animal you always wanted to be during sex. I don’t know your Keeper, but mine… Angie… is wonderful, and I do feel guilty that I complain so much.  You make of it what you can. As you know, it’s not the life I would have chosen, but… there are wonderful parts too.”

I sighed and nodded.  “Yeah. I know it will get better.  At least I hope it will get better. My biggest worry is Karen.  We had such big plans. And then, I see her sister for the first time and… well…”  I shrugged. “I feel that I disappointed her, and it’s like I’m cheating on her with her sister.”

“Well, I hope you and she can work through that.  She's been a great human friend to me, and I hope she can be that kind of friend to you too."

Angie returned.  She had a stainless steel bowl full of brown flakes.  She opened the hatch, and put the bowl inside. She looked at us.  “You guys OK?” We both nodded, and she walked away to a customer that was asking for her help.

“You should eat that.  It’s not that bad.”

I had tried Pet Chow before, in a Pet Nutrition class.  It wasn’t bad… kind of like a very bland wheat bran cereal.  I looked at my options… that or nothing... and mentally shrugged.   I had seen JoJo eat many times, and it’s not like I had much choice. I stuck my face in the bowl.  She was right. The taste wasn’t… that bad, I guess?  I had a few mouthfuls.  It had a lot more taste than I remembered.  JoJo was right; it wasn’t that bad.  I finished most of the bowl.

I looked at JoJo through the barrier.  “JoJo… I’m scared.”

She looked back, a serious look on her face.  “I know what you mean. I’ve been there. I mean, you know all too well what I think of this.  But… you have to trust your Keeper.”

“But all the people… they see me… I’m supposed to be a college student but I’m here.  I know it’s wrong to say… I mean, you’re in the same position… but… I’m not supposed to be here.”

“Well, to parrot back words that you told me... you’re a Pet now.  You’ll have to accept that it’s a biological thing.  You know that. I mean, before this morning, when you saw a Pet when you were out and around what did you see?”

“I saw… a Pet.  I mean, Pets are Pets.  I didn’t see them as human.  I didn’t see them as… something I could become.”

“But you knew, intellectually, it was a possibility, right?  I mean, about ten percent of the population is either a Keeper or a Pet.  That means a little over five percent of the population is a Pet. That’s five percent of the population walking around on a leash.  Why? Because when they meet exactly the right person, their brain goes nuts. You know this.”

“I know this.”  And I did know this.  I mean, I knew JoJo, and I had taken the classes.  The intellectual knowledge was there. But… I had never considered the I was in the five percent.  Well, maybe the Keeper five percent. But not the Pet five percent.

“400 million people in this country.  Five percent of that is… what, 20 million people?  You don’t build chain stores called Pets*R*Us unless there are a lot of people on leashes.  That’s the population of New York State.  And, my friend… you need to accept that you’re on the wrong end of the leash.  That your judgement is not trustable.  That you need to rely on your Keeper to make sure that you’re safe.  That you’re lucky to have found someone like her.”

That didn’t help much, but I smiled.  “I think we had this same conversation a year ago, right?  I mean, I was the one telling you the exact same thing. I was trying to convince you that being a Pet was your lot in life, and you should accept it.”

She smiled.  “Yup. And it’s a difficult message to hear, when you still think of yourself as human.   You will find your peace. But… It will take time.”

“I… guess.”

She changed the conversation, and we talked about the graduation, about Karen’s parents, about the news, about the weather.  Anything except that we were both sub-human, locked in cages, wearing diapers.

We talked comfortably, me nibbling at the food and water, gaining comfort in each other’s presence.  I was the first to see our Keepers approaching, talking to each other.  It hadn’t been the hour and a half I was told to expect, I was pretty sure.

Angie was talking to Jenn.  “You get home late tonight, right?”

“Yeah, the three hour time change means even with the layover, we leave here at 8 or so and get in about 11.  Or, whatever my Dad said. It’s been a long day.”

“I bet.”  They arrived at our cages.  I was at the door, nose to the air holes in the plexiglass, anxiously trying to catch a whiff of the scent of my Keeper.  JoJo was more relaxed in her cage, watching me with detached bemusement. “So, we have a few hours. He’s been fed and…” she checked something on the outside of the cage… “he’s had a good amount of water.  I’d suggest we work on conditioning and training. He’s very, very receptive to training right now, so I’d strongly suggest taking advantage.”

“OK, makes sense.”  She looked at me.  “I couldn’t stay away from you, JayJay.  The restaurant was just around the corner, so I grabbed something quick and walked back.  The rest of them will join us in a while.”  She looked at Angie for what to do next.

“So, take his leash, and open the hatch.”  I moved forward, excited to see my Keeper.  She had come back for me.  Early even.  This was a Good Thing.  My diapered bottom was wiggling back and forth.  She reached in to attach the clip of the leash, and I relaxed into a blissful haze as I smelled her hand.  My Keeper was back.  She came back early, just for me!  Everything was OK.  No, everything was wonderful!

“Should he have a muzzle on?”  The wonderful feeling was quashed.  I felt ashamed that my Keeper thought I needed a muzzle.  Didn’t she trust me?

“Ummm… well… I’m not sure we should trust him yet.  He won’t hurt you of course, but I’d be wary of him around others.  Let’s use the muzzle without the gag part.” Even Angie didn’t trust me.  I lowered my head.

Angie showed Jenn how to separate the gag part from the muzzle, and of course I let my Keeper fit the red plastic contraption to my head.  After all, I got to smell her again, and I didn’t mind at all as she reached past my nose to lock the straps around my head. I realized I could still talk, but there were bars around my mouth, keeping me from getting my teeth near anything.  I thought back. I realized most Pets I had seen at least had muzzles on, and even JoJo wore a muzzle much of the time.  It was about trust.  Trust that the Pet wouldn’t harm themselves or others. And I realized that Jenn didn’t trust me. She didn’t know me. I’d have to show my Keeper that she could trust me.

Angie opened the cage door.  I followed the guidance of the leash back to Room 3, determined to win my Keeper’s trust.  

• Like 4

This is a pretty long chapter.... I probably should have broken it up, but it didn't make sense.  So, enjoy!

And thanks so much for all the 'Likes' and comments!

Chapter 5: A Student Again
My Keeper led me through the door and to the front of the room.  The cage was there, still open, but someone had been by to clean it up.  My clothes were gone, and there was a fresh clean disposable pad at the bottom.  I started to climb the ramp, but I stopped when Angie laughed. "It's OK, JayJay, you're not going in the cage.  Let's all sit down over here at the desk." She grabbed two chairs, and brought them over to the desk where a stack of pamphlets and binders waited.  "You can just clip his leash to the ring here, and let him sit beside you.  Skin contact is good and healthy for bonding."

Taking the cue, I sat next to Jenn's chair and laid my head on her leg as I heard the click of my leash being secured to the desk.  I felt warm and cozy as she scratched my head. "Good boy." Oh, I loved to hear her say that. I closed my eyes and nuzzled my head on the side of her leg, feeling her warmth on the side of my face.

"OK, since you were back so early we have a few hours now.  Why don’t I give you the personal, express version of a bunch of the usual Pet classes, OK?  The good news is that I know Je...JayJay has taken these classes several times... since I get paid by the attendee, I got them to attend whenever the class seemed small."  Jenn laughed. "Now, I know that most people who take the class Unbound... not a Keeper or a Pet yet... assume that they are learning the Keeper role. Right JayJay?"

I didn't move, as I didn't want her to stop petting me, but I replied, "Well, yeah."

"So you'll be... looking at it from a different perspective today, but you can still help your Keeper, right JayJay?”

I nodded, moving my head against my Keeper’s hand, feeling her tracing the muzzle straps.

"OK, so first class.  We call this class, 'So, you have a new Pet.  What now?'. It's intended to be a two hour class for new Keepers and their Pets, but we're going to do it in..."  She glanced at her watch... "One hour. While I know it might be fast, JayJay knows the material, Karen knows the material, and most of the class is actually available as video on the web.  But it has some critical things to set you both up for success, and that's what I want to focus on. OK?"

Jenn nodded.  I nodded, using the motion to rub my cheek on her thigh.

"Let's get started then.  JayJay, what's the Keeper's job number one?"

"A Keeper's first job is to keep the Pet safe," I responded confidently.

"Right. Good boy!  Jenn, say it with me.  A Keeper's first job is to keep the Pet safe.  Again. A Keeper's first job is to keep the Pet safe.  Good." Angie looked Jenn in the eyes. "If you remember this, the rest is easy.  Do you know the history of Pets and Keepers?”

Jenn shook her head.  “No, sorry, it wasn’t something I paid attention to before today…”

Angie nodded.  “Yeah, I understand.  We don't have much time, and you should read the detailed history later, but a quick summary is that a few decades ago people started Bonding.  No one is sure exactly when or why it started, as it stayed hidden for a long time, until a few very public cases about 40 years ago brought it out into the open.  When it first started, the Bond caused all sorts of problems that no one was sure how to deal with.”

“If we didn’t have the Pet and Keeper dynamic, we’d have a significant portion of the population that we’d need to institutionalize, like they tried to back when the Bond first started happening, and people thought that it was difficult or cruel to keep the Pets with the Keepers.  A lot of Pets, and Keepers, were harmed back then, as people tried to “fix” Pets, or take them away from what they saw as abusive, dominating relationships.”

“Luckily, society has integrated Pets and Keepers and expectations have evolved over time, especially after the Supreme Court’s famous Kiefer decision that a Pet was no longer human and was instead a Keeper’s property, and we as a society have decided that this is a better, more loving, and ultimately more humane way of handling it.  We keep the Pets and Keepers together whenever possible, and make the Keeper responsible for the actions and well-being of the Pet.”

“The important thing to remember is that Pets will make bad decisions, that could cause harm to themselves or others.   Therefore, as a Keeper, it's your job to keep him safe, and, equally, to keep others safe from him.  You’re his legal owner, so you are responsible for his actions.  It's not like he wants to hurt others, but something in his brain has changed that makes him often not consider, or disregard, the consequences of his actions. So, your ethical, and legal, responsibility is to keep him safe, and to keep others safe. Got it?”

Jenn nodded.

“And of course, that’s just the legal aspects.  Most, if not all, Keepers have a strong need to protect, care for, and control their Pet, so most Keepers don’t see it as a burden.  From a Pet’s point of view, they want to be with their Keeper, to please them, and get their praise.  The Bond means that both share joy, sorrow, happiness, and sadness, so both seem to benefit from the Bond.”

“So, back to where we were.  The job of the Keeper is to keep the Pet safe.  How do we do that, JayJay?"

I sighed.  "Physical restraint, psychological control, and training."

Angie smiled.  "You're a good student."  Looking back at Jenn, she continued, "Physical restraint is used to make sure that they cannot make a choice that will cause harm to themselves or others.  We use leashes, cages, muzzles, paws, and so on, particularly in the early phases, to remove the opportunity to make a bad decision. It's important that you realize that restraints are not a punishment.  We don't use them to punish him for doing something wrong. We use them as a tool, to help keep him from doing something wrong in the first place. OK?"

Jenn nodded.

"We'll go into the use of restraints a little bit later. They're very important, especially in these early phases where the second two controls are not as well established yet."

"The second is psychological control.  You and he are Bound. You're linked in a way that is very, very powerful.  You feel it as an intense need to control him, and he feels it as an intense need to be controlled, to do what pleases you, and as joy and a warmth when he feels your approval.  As you learn how to control it, and how to use it as part of the training, which is the third part, your Bond will increase in strength and it will make you both feel warm and happy.  This is felt by most Keeper/Pet pairs as a very strong sexual need.  The oxytocin release seems to play an important part in the bonding, much like it does for a human relationship.”  

She looked at me.  “Sorry, JayJay, not that you’re not human, I mean a normal, non Keeper/Pet relationship.”  That hurt.  Even Angie didn’t see me as human.  She looked back at Jenn.  “Most of the classes that you really need to take are for you, as Keeper, to learn how to effectively wield this psychological control in a safe, caring, and effective way. We'll get a good introduction to this today, but you should take more advanced classes as soon as you can.  Karen is also really knowledgeable here, by the way."

"And then training, which I mentioned was the third part.  This is longer term, and is based on the psychological control part.  You can train him to stay in safe areas of the house, or help out with chores, or other things that will both reduce the need for the restraints, as well as make the day to day living together easier.  Some people work hard to get their Pet to be almost back to the person they were before, but that’s a lot of work, and far into the future.  We will just touch on this today… It's a big topic. OK?"

"OK, the last part of keeping your Pet safe is keeping him healthy."  Angie spread out a disposable pad on the floor near me. "JayJay, would you lay down on your back on here for me?"  I looked at my Keeper, and when she smiled and nodded I lay down and rolled over on my back on the pad. The jingle of registration tags on my collar, the leash jingling against the desk and floor, and the crinkle of my wet diaper all echoed in my ears in the quiet room.  

"So, changing diapers..."  I became aware of the thick mass between my legs.  I hadn't noticed before, but now that I was laying on my back and the wet diaper was on top of me I was clearly wet.  Very wet. "OK, we put this one on him when he was in the cage, so the tapes are under him. So..." She pulled a pair of scissors from the drawer, and sliced both sides of the diaper.  "Now, take this new diaper, and ask him to lift up. This is one of those trust things by the way... while he won't hurt you on purpose, he might not think about the implications of flopping back down on your hands if you tickle him accidentally, for instance.  You should look him in the eyes, and gently talk to him, reminding him to keep his bottom up."  

Jenn slid the new diaper under, and then at the same time pulled the wet diaper off.  Suddenly, I felt a cold draft down below, and I jumped, dropping back down and curling up.  At the same time, I felt a warm rush, and relaxed.

Jenn jumped back in surprise, and Angie laughed, pulling the front of the new diaper up between my legs to contain the yellow fountain.  "That's a pretty common male reaction. If he gets cold down there, I think they think it would help to warm things back up. You should be ready to get him covered quickly.  After a few seconds, Angie cautiously lifted the front of my diaper. "Now you can clean him up a little. Take one of these wipes, and try to get in all the cracks and such... good..."

"Should we get a dry diaper?"

"Nah, it's going to be wet in a few minutes anyway, so why waste it.  It can take a lot more wetting than that."  Great, I was going from a wet diaper to a wet diaper. Well, probably not the right thing to argue about.  I stayed silent.

Jenn pulled the front up, and fastened the tapes with some guidance from Angie about how to position them so that the diaper would stay tight and leak-free.

"Good enough for now.  Karen can help you here as well.  For that matter, they were both pretty good at changing JoJo’s diapers.  Now, every once in a while, if your Pet has a little funky smell, it doesn't hurt to wash him down with a warm cloth, at least daily... but we'll skip that for now."

She checked her class agenda.  "OK, we can sit back in the chairs again and get off this floor."  They got up and sat back in the chairs, while I rolled to my... well.. paws, and moved back to my spot next to my Keeper.

"Feeding.  Also important, of course.  A Pet has a much higher metabolism, and will have different dietary needs.  Most of them still prefer the taste and variety of human food, but that should be a very rare treat, as it often disagrees with their digestion and... well, the diaper changes after will keep you from feeding them too much human food, if you know what I mean.  So, I suggest staying with one of the various Pet food options... I use Pet Chow with JoJo." She continued on about how much to feed me, based on weight, and so on.

She checked her agenda.  "OK... introduction, check.  Health and diapering, check. Feeding, check."  She looked at me. "JayJay, am I missing anything?"

I thought about it.  "Clothing?"

"Ah, right.  Pets don't need clothes.  You know that, right?"  

Jenn frowned. "Well, I hadn't really thought about it... I mean, sometimes I see Pets wearing clothes and sometimes not."

"So, the metabolism of a Pet changes quickly.  His body is much warmer now. Unless it's below freezing or so, you don't need to give him any clothes for warmth reasons.  And if you do give him clothes, you need to make sure they are Pet-appropriate, and won't cause him to overheat. The biggest reason that Pets wear clothes is for sun protection outside, or if it's really, really cold.  Occasionally if you go to someplace like a fancy restaurant, they may want the Pets clothed so that everyone doesn’t have to stare at a naked body in a diaper while they eat… it depends on the place. Also, some female Pets are more comfortable wearing a bra-like harness to support their breasts, but that's not a problem for him.  And of course some Keepers just like the look of a clothed Pet better. So whatever you want is fine, but just be careful of what you put on him and make sure he's not overheating. Especially if he’s gagged he might not be able to tell you."

Jenn nodded.  "OK, makes sense."

"Anything else before we move to restraints?"

Jenn shook her head.  Angie looked at me, and I shook my head.

"OK then."  She pulled out a class pamphlet.  "So, as I said, the purpose of restraints is to keep him from doing something that you, as Keeper, don't want him to do.  Restraints shouldn't be used as a punishment, partly because you want him to be cooperative in the use of the restraints as something in his own best interest, and also because... well, I think it's just wrong."

"Makes sense."

“I should say that there are a lot of opinions on restraints.  Some think that they’re cruel, and should be used as a last resort.  Many Keepers keep their Pets fully restrained all the time.  It’s your decision, as Keeper, to figure out what will provide the control and safety that’s needed.  He’s your responsibility.  To give you a personal example... I try to give JoJo as much freedom as possible, but she keeps on getting into places she shouldn’t, so it’s been very difficult.  And, well, between us, I get a little… um… tickle, if you know what I mean, from keeping her well restrained.”  

I felt Jenn’s fingers rubbing my muzzle a little more vigorously, and I could tell that Jenn had the same tickle.  

“So, you as a Keeper will need to balance what you feel about keeping him restrained, with keeping him safe, and so on.”

"So, the kinds of restraints he's wearing now... the Paws, which are just a specific brand of the generic term of mittens, are a big part of keeping him out of trouble.  Some Pets may grow out of them in time, but often a Pet never gets to the point that you can let them go without the mitts. As an example, it took more than a year of training before I could trust that JoJo didn’t need to wear the mitts all the time, and I still have her wear them when I’m not around to watch her directly or don’t have the time to watch her every second.  There is a lining inside, so when he’s in his cage you can remove the mitts and wash the lining. That’s an every few days thing, more often if he’s sweating a lot. Questions?”

Jenn shook her head.  “Nope, make sense.”

“The leash and collar.  The collar both marks him as a Pet, and provides a powerful control point.  The leash keeps him from going where he shouldn't. You need to be very careful about pulling hard on the leash… his throat is not as strong as, say, a dog’s, so the use of the leash should be firm, but never yanking.  OK?” Another nod.  

“I know we’re going fast, but we have a lot to cover.  Alright, the muzzle. The muzzle keeps him from getting into trouble with his mouth.  The obvious thing is biting, but it also keeps him from eating things he shouldn’t, or trying to use his mouth to manipulate something he shouldn’t. If he’s sexually excited, in particular, the muzzle will keep him from putting his nose and mouth where it doesn’t belong, if you know what I mean…”

Jenn just smiled.  I had a hint that she might have an opinion on where my mouth could go, and right now I was thinking that was a great idea.  The Keeper/Pet sexual activities were well known, of course.

“The gag is… well, frankly the gag is a convenience for us.  Sometimes Pets just want to talk, or yell, or generally make a nuisance of themselves.  The gags just help keep the racket down. It’s the only restraint item that I can think of offhand that isn’t about keeping a Pet safe, it’s just for our benefit.”  Angie laughed a little. "They’re also highly recommended during sexual activity if there is anyone living within, say, ten miles. I feel a little bad when I use it on JoJo, but, well, as a Keeper sometimes you need to do what you need to do.

Angie gave a conspiratorial look to Jenn.  “Also, probably one of the poorest kept Keeper secrets ever is that many Keepers also have a non-locking gag that fits them comfortably, because it’s not just the Pets enjoying things, if you know what I mean…”  Jenn just smiled.

"Continuing on… the paws on his rear legs keep him down, where there is less ability for him to get himself into trouble in the first place, and makes the other restraints more effective.  None of these are to punish you, right JayJay? They're there to keep you from doing something that would cause harm to yourself or others. Same philosophy on the diaper, by the way.  Many new Pets find having to wear a diaper humiliating, or think it's a punishment. It's not a punishment... they can't control themselves, so we use this to help them, and to help us not have to clean up a mess."

"OK, so you have all these.  Let me go over some other restraints that might be helpful.  If you want, we can order these now, and I can have a local store deliver them to you today, so that they're waiting for you tonight.  First, a cage. Almost all Pets have a cage at home, and you should get one quickly."

"Isn't that a cage?" Jenn, asked, gesturing at what she and Karen had bought previously.

"No, that's a crate.  It's much smaller, and is designed for travel.  You can see that there are only a few wire mesh areas where he can see out, and he won't be really comfortable in there for extended periods of time.  But, it meets the airline size requirements, and provides these food and water feeders that are designed to work with the muzzle he's wearing."

"OK, so we need another cage too?  Like the cage on the platform there?"

"No, that's an exam cage.  It's designed to keep the Pet from being able to move around much, while providing lots of access so you can work on him.  What you want is something like this." She showed Jenn something on the table, but I couldn't see. "This is like the cage I have for JoJo.  Ideally you want one large enough for the Pet to turn around in, and even stretch out in, so that you can leave them there when you go to school or work, for example.  A bored Pet wandering around the house can get into a lot of trouble.  Trust me on that one.  Right, JayJay?"

“Uh, yeah.  I guess so.”  I mean, JoJo had certainly gotten into her share of trouble, but I didn’t want to use that as an excuse as to why I should have to spend every day in a cage...

"OK, is that a good one?  Should I just order that?"

Angie thought.  "Hold on a minute."  

She left, and my Keeper leaned over and looked at me, rubbing the back of my neck.  "How are you doing? We haven't really gotten to talk yet, just us. I've never really even talked to a Pet before, you know.  I...well, this is all new for me."

I laughed a little.  "Well, I have to say it's new for me too.  We'll figure it out. It's not going to be easy for me, but... well... you should talk to Karen.  She knows me well... I guess you could say... and she's also very good with JoJo. I hope that she'll be good to me."  I looked up at her. "I'm worried that Karen will feel betrayed by me, or jealousy towards you... I don't know. I don't know what she's thinking.  But I hope you talk to her." She scratched me a little harder, and I put my head on her lap, turning my neck into the scratch. “Oh, please keep doing that,” was all I could mutter.  The touch from my Keeper was, well, awesome.  I couldn’t get enough of it.  If that contact continued forever, I’d be OK being a Pet.

"We talked a lot at lunch.  She's OK. She knows it was not your or my choice, and she still loves you and wants you to be happy, and she's my sister of course, so...it will be different now, but I think she'll be OK.  And yes, I think she'll be very helpful."

Angie came back in, with JoJo on a leash, which she clipped to the same ring as my leash was attached to.  JoJo smiled at me, giving me a little peck on the cheek, around the muzzle straps. "I didn't get to do that before."  I tried to reciprocate, but the muzzle got in the way.

"I brought JoJo here because she often helps customers pick out products, based on her experience.  Since JayJay isn't as directly familiar yet, I thought JoJo could help. JoJo, tell Jenn about cages."  JoJo gave a rundown of what she liked, and didn't like about cages. Ease of getting in and out. Visibility to know what's going on outside the cage.  Feeding options. The comfort of the floor. Someone who wasn't a Pet, who hadn't spent a significant part of their recent lives in a cage, would probably not have thought of these things.  

Jenn looked at the options, and showed JoJo one of the cages.  "Does this look good?"

JoJo looked at it and smiled.  "That's a good one. I can't say you'll love it, JayJay, but it's at least the best of a bunch of bad options, from the point of view of this end of the leash."

Angie marked it down.  "OK, next. Transport Harness.  These will allow you to easily bring him in a car, when there isn't room for a crate.  JoJo?"

JoJo frowned.  "They're all horrible, especially for those of us with breasts.  Not your problem, I know, but there is a strap that runs through your crotch that I bet will more than make up for it.  Get the PetCare SoftHarness. You can also use it when you're out for a walk, or out on a pet run."

Angie looked at Jenn, who marked it down.  “Since JoJo brought it up, Pet runs. I heard from your Dad that the house in California has a pretty good size yard.  A Pet run is an overhead wire with a little sliding thing, so that you can give him access to a bigger part of the yard and let him get some exercise without you having to jog alongside holding his leash.  JoJo is right... since it's overhead we suggest clipping the leash on the run to a harness, so if the Pet gets hung up they don't choke. These are pretty cheap, and there's not a lot of difference. I'll add one.  She glanced down at the desk. "That's kind of the important stuff, although there are all sorts of changing tables, outdoor Pet houses, chair harnesses, and so on, but you can figure that out later. Just remember... what's the purpose of a restraint?"

"To keep the Pet from harming themselves or others."  JoJo, Jenn, and I all said it at the same time.

"Do we use restraints to punish?" Angie followed on.

"No!"

"What is the Keeper's first job?"

"To keep a Pet safe."

"Good job, all."

Just then the door slammed.  JoJo and I both jumped up and tried to run.  JoJo, being more practiced, made it to the end of her leash before she was stopped short.  I, on the other hand, was not used to wearing the Paws, and tried to stand up. Instead I managed to turn head over heels, rolling around and trying to get away.  I was panicking. I had to get away. I rolled onto my paws, and continued to try to scramble away, the leash now holding me back. I heard my Keeper's voice, loud and commanding.  "Stop." I stopped. "Come here." I turned back, and slowly made my way back to her chair. "Sit." I arranged myself as I'd seen JoJo do in the past, kneeling, my head my Keeper's lap.  My heart was still pounding, but my Keeper was right here, and I'd be OK. She stroked my head. I could feel myself relaxing. I could feel a significant warmth in the front of my diaper.  Yuk.

Angie was doing similar with JoJo.  JoJo had recovered much faster, but wasn't one to pass up using the opportunity to get some attention from her Keeper.  "And the cleaning folks have just given us an opportunity to illustrate why the proper use of restraints is important. As you can see, they sometimes lose control.  Until they are brought back under control, they are acting on instinct, and that is usually a bad thing. The restraints are there to keep bad things from happening until you, as Keeper, can get their mind straight again.  Ok?"

Jenn nodded, still stroking my head.  I felt more in control of myself. Jenn's scent was strong, and I got strength from it.

"Also, notice that the leash really took a pull there.  I see some people just loop a leash over a chair, or put the Pet in a cage and don't fully latch it.  When the leash is really needed, for instance, you had better be holding it properly, or have it attached to something that will at least slow them down.  If they're in a cage, make sure they can't just force the door open. If a restraint is designed to be locked, lock it. If you take the role of restraints as to keep them from harm, then the best restraints are those that are well applied, correctly used, and inescapable.  Right, JoJo?"

JoJo nodded, and looked at me.  "As a Pet, it actually helps a lot when you know the restraints are firm and inescapable.  When you know that you are physically prevented from doing anything wrong, and that your Keeper cares enough to make sure you can't do something harmful or bad, then it's a warm, relaxing, comfortable feeling.  I don't necessarily LIKE being restrained all the time, but... well, not being in restraints isn't all that good either."

My Keeper nodded.  "Makes sense, and also makes sense why we're keeping JayJay here in all these restraints, especially while he gets used to this."  She looked at JoJo. "Can I trust a Pet to know when more or less restraint is OK? When they need more restraint, or when they can be trusted with less?"

JoJo's cute laugh gave the answer.  "If a Pet wants more restraint, then yes, you should listen to them.  Often, it will make them more comfortable, if they are feeling anxious or uncertain.  On the other hand, sometimes I will ask for less restraint because I think I might be able to get away with something."  She smiled up at Angie. "My Keeper is very good at knowing what I'm up to, though. She almost never listens to me if I ask for less restraints."

"Thanks for being honest!" Jenn replied with a grin.  "That makes a lot of sense."

"So that's the quick summary of restraints."  She went to the door, and waved over another sales associate.  Gesturing at the paper she handed them, then us, she thanked the associate and returned.  "Sheila will get those things ordered, and we'll have them delivered to your California house today.  They should be waiting when you arrive. Believe me, JayJay, you'll welcome that cage after spending the flight in the crate."

"Yay." was all I could muster.

"The introductory course is done.  We're going to make the most of the time we have remaining by introducing you to as much of the psychological aspect as I can.  This is not something that is an hour class and done, though... this is something you will need to sign up for other courses. As a Keeper, understanding how to be the best Keeper you can is one of the best things you can give your Pet.  OK?"

Angie started to give the same speech I'd heard several times while attending classes.  How the Pet's brain was primed to respond to their Keeper's words. How the commands went to the base instincts, so they should be the "Four C's: Concise, Clear, Calm, and Consistent".  How to put the Pet in a trance to receive more complex and longer lasting instruction, which Angie had my Keeper try a few times until she was comfortable with it. There wasn’t much for me to do while Angie instructed Jenn, and I didn’t remember anything while I was in the trance, so mostly I sat there and thought about what was happening, and tried to come to terms with the new direction my life was taking.

It wasn't that long, though, before I was starting to feel the drain of the day, and I was noticeably tired.  Angie and Jenn agreed that everyone’s brain was full and they had covered enough. My Keeper unhooked my leash, and I was led back to the cage in the store.  I didn't even care at this point, though; I just wanted to sleep. I went straight to the cage, waited for my Keeper to open the door, climbed in, and lay down.  Angie started to put JoJo in the cage next to me, but then paused. "Jenn, do you mind if JoJo and JayJay are in the same cage? Store policy prohibits it without explicit consent from both Keepers, so if it's OK I need you to say you agree to it."

"Urm, if you think they'll be OK... then... sure.  I agree."

JoJo immediately hopped out of her cage, and into mine.  As tired as I was, I just enjoyed the feeling as she cuddled up, spooning me with her diaper pressed into mine, and her scent, familiar but stronger than I remembered, comforting me as I drifted off.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, justforfun said:

“Luckily, society has integrated Pets and Keepers and expectations have evolved over time, especially after the Supreme Court’s famous Kiefer decision that a Pet was no longer human and was instead a Keeper’s property, and we as a society have decided that this is a better, more loving, and ultimately more humane way of handling it.  We keep the Pets and Keepers together whenever possible, and make the Keeper responsible for the actions and well-being of the Pet.”

Great chapter, but I'm getting weird Dread Scott v. Stanford vibes from that line...

1 hour ago, littleTomás said:

Great chapter, but I'm getting weird Dread Scott v. Stanford vibes from that line...

Well, wasn't really what I meant, although I can see where you're going... there reference was to the "Kiefer v. Bensonhurst"  decision in the FAFOP series (which I'd love to see more of, @kerry!).  Was just a side reference to tie some of the Keeperverse stories together... but yeah, I do see what you're getting at...

"Seriously? Wallingford’s confirmation just two years ago had been a heated partisan battle due to both his ideology and his youth. He’d only been confirmed with the aid of a tie-breaking vote by the Vice President, yet he’d already cast the key vote in a handful of huge decisions including Kiefer v. Bensonhurst, the decision that codified the legal standing of Pets. Prior to that ruling, the status of Pets had been dubious, but for the most part they continued to have legal rights as citizens. The Kiefer decision had erased that, finding that a Pet was personal property of their Keeper and that, due to the physiological changes that occurred after bonding, they could no longer be considered human. The practical result of the “Keeper” ruling—as a derisive nickname given by activists had it—had been to legalize seizure of a Pet’s assets by their new owner and convey legal  “ownership” titles, rights and responsibilities to Keepers."

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, justforfun said:

Well, wasn't really what I meant, although I can see where you're going... there reference was to the "Kiefer v. Bensonhurst"  decision in the FAFOP series (which I'd love to see more of, @kerry!).  Was just a side reference to tie some of the Keeperverse stories together... but yeah, I do see what you're getting at...

"Seriously? Wallingford’s confirmation just two years ago had been a heated partisan battle due to both his ideology and his youth. He’d only been confirmed with the aid of a tie-breaking vote by the Vice President, yet he’d already cast the key vote in a handful of huge decisions including Kiefer v. Bensonhurst, the decision that codified the legal standing of Pets. Prior to that ruling, the status of Pets had been dubious, but for the most part they continued to have legal rights as citizens. The Kiefer decision had erased that, finding that a Pet was personal property of their Keeper and that, due to the physiological changes that occurred after bonding, they could no longer be considered human. The practical result of the “Keeper” ruling—as a derisive nickname given by activists had it—had been to legalize seizure of a Pet’s assets by their new owner and convey legal  “ownership” titles, rights and responsibilities to Keepers."

Ok, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the context! I wasn't familiar with that story.

Enjoying this so far, justforfun. As to FAFOP, I haven't really intended to add to it, but you never know when inspiration will strike as sharply and suddenly as the Bond. ?