LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anyone had any experience with Rearz Pocket Diapers and Bamboo inserts?

JessicaRyan

Heya friends

I am in diapers 24/7 due to urinary and bowel incontinence and have been using disposables though am quite keen on moving over to Rearz pocket diapers while using the bamboo 5 layer inserts x 3, because they are cheaper long term and friendlier to the environment .

Has anyone had any experience with these?
1. Do they wick?
2. Do they leak?
3. Are they suitable for heavy wetting - any idea what volume they can hold?
4. Does one need to use plastic pants with them?
5. Are they equal to or better than the Rearz plastic back disposable diapers?
6. Do they do anything to mask odors?
7. Any other pros or cons?

I have to import them and it's a bit of money so I just want to make sure I am making the right move here and I can't find a solid review anywhere...

Thank you so much for your help and your time.

xo
Jess

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a rearz skull pocket diaper with snaps, but it came with a very thick terry towel.  I do have a fleece,  bamboo, charcoal and towel (sewed together in a nice U shape) insert from a Happy Endings.  I've only used them twice each. 

1) and 2) The terry towel was very absorbent.  It did start to leak after four hours (one wetting after waking up and several short ones after having two cups of coffee and at least one glass of water).  The terry towel wicked pretty good.  My skin felt wet; consequently,  I wanted to change soonish.  Since the bamboo had fleece and was very breathable,  I did not notice wicking or much wetness to the outer towel.  If I recall, the bamboo did leak.   

3) They didn't seem to hold up to the Northshore Go Supreme overnight that I wear quite often.

4) You don't need plastic pants, but probably would help contain. 

5) Don't know.

6) the bamboo / charcoal insert seemed to contain urine smell from what I remember.

7) Yes, you have to wash and dry them.  MY house is humid year round, so they take quite a bit of time to dry.  I do put them in the dryer for 40 minutes and then hang them up afterwards to get rid of any other moisture.  Usually after 24 hours they still feel a little damp.

The key on these is to get a good fit.  The rearz is kind of tight and too low on my hips, yet the surrounding cloth is loose.  I could add two more inserts to add more absorbency.  The happy endings is a little bit better, but  also has quite a bit of looseness such that I could add another pad.  These are both very noticeable under jeans and probably pants.  So, if you do add another pad it would be much more more noticeable.  I think one brand had some snaps in front to tighten up the looseness between the legs, but that pulls the waist / hip down and encourages them to slide down and fall off.  I would definitely recommend something to try to hold them up such as underwear or compression short if your going to be walking or moving around. 

Thank you so much for the reply and taking the time to let me know your thoughts... I really appreciate your feedback. It will definitely help me make a more informed decision... 

Perhaps the solution is to use plastic backed diapers though wash them after use and just pop them in a plastic recycling bin...