LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New to abdl - Paci tips?

A_Person

So me and my boyfriend (well i suppose i should say daddy) have been exploring deeper into the ab side of myself and his to an extent.

He's good at being a daddy but not a dom and im a good dom but only in the bedroom so we tend to switch a bit.

But today my daddy bought me a paci! I honestly love it and it kinda marks a good starting point for exploring abdl together. But im aware of the teeth related issues that can come from using pacis and rubber bottle tips a lot.

So does anyone have any tips on how to avoid the future issues?

Tl;dr: daddy bought me a paci, how do i avoid fucking my teeth up in the future?

Good luck, and have fun exploring your AB side. A pacifier is a great adult baby item to have, almost a have to have thing. You are right about, taking care using them. But, the simple answer for being most careful is, just limit how long you suck on one. Don’t suck on, or have it in your mouth all day, or especially at night. You can get a leash, or ribbon and keep it handy, by wearing it as long as you wish. Then from time to time, you can easily pop it in, or have it popped in by daddy. Then pop it out, take a break, but it’s always right there again. Big no no, don’t sleep with it in! But, you can have it for a short naps. 
Just don’t overuse it, or your ba ba nipple, and you’ll be fine. 

Not all pacifiers and bottle nipples are alike.

Back in 1990, when I discovered AB, I was dating a dentist who had been into AB for several years. He told me a 6+ month style clear silicone orthodontic would do the least damage to my teeth. MAM makes that kind of pacifier. MAM makes accessory leashes which snap onto the pacifier and clip to clothing.

EvenFlo and other firms make similar bottle nipples.

11 hours ago, A_Person said:

So me and my boyfriend (well i suppose i should say daddy) have been exploring deeper into the ab side of myself and his to an extent.

He's good at being a daddy but not a dom and im a good dom but only in the bedroom so we tend to switch a bit.

But today my daddy bought me a paci! I honestly love it and it kinda marks a good starting point for exploring abdl together. But im aware of the teeth related issues that can come from using pacis and rubber bottle tips a lot.

Tl;dr: daddy bought me a paci, how do i avoid fucking my teeth up in the future?

If it's an adult sized pacifier (NUK 5 or larger) then you shouldn't have any problems. If it feels uncomfortable, then it will probably cause problems. If it feels good and comfortable, then you won't have dental problems.

i use adult size paci and have no issues the issue is if the bulb is tight against the front teeth my paci sits farther back than a  baby paci would while it was costly for a proper paci definitely worth it

18 hours ago, littleTomás said:

If it's an adult sized pacifier (NUK 5 or larger) then you shouldn't have any problems. 

The paci daddy got me is from LittleForBig, but the box had no sizing info or anything on it so I'm not sure

On 1/11/2020 at 12:58 PM, A_Person said:

Just use the paci as a soother.  Just used it to relax during teh night or day time.

I've slept with adult "size 6" (whatever that means) pacifiers, mostly purchased from Rearz, consistently for the last 2.5 years, and they haven't caused me any dental issues. I have a bunch of them and I swap them frequently for cleaning and to let them fully dry afterwards. As long as the nipple can sit comfortably on your palate without the "shield" putting pressure on your teeth, you should be okay - I used to use toddler pacifiers, and they tended to make my front teeth ache a bit, because holding it in my mouth was putting inward pressure on my teeth. However, the larger ones don't have that effect; I don't need to actively hold it in place, it just rests in a comfortable position, and rarely falls out while I sleep (although I use a clip to avoid morning searches on the rare occasion when it does fall out). Remember as well that sucking on your paci will put some pressure on your teeth, but once you fall asleep, there won't be very much active sucking. If you still have some front tooth pain, it could indicate that you are biting down on the paci, and perhaps grinding your teeth, in which case you might want to look into a dental night guard, which can be worn very comfortably while using a pacifier. 

I switched to a pacifier (Cuddlz blue adult) since going on a  CPAP regimen almost 2 years ago.  Switched from thumb sucking during sleep. It increased my overjet by 2.8 millimeters and when I wake up after using it all night I feel the pressure it had on my teeth but even if it increases my overjet more (and I've been told by my dentist that it will until a "balance" is met), it's all worth it to me. 

I got a pacifier for 0-6 month old and it works perfectly. It doesnt hurt my truth  (well maybe two days out of 2 and a half years). It keeps my tongue under control, limply resting on it and without the strength tô spit it out. I sleep with it in my mouth só basically its part of my life for a quarter of my day.