LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What if you really gain IC? – Party or Visit a Doc?

When I became IC I went to the doc's got checked out. Found I was diabetic and was refered to the local urology clinic. They diagnosed my IC as being caused by Diabetic related neuropathy and then as this couldn't be cured I was refered to the NHS continence service. Now I get a free supply of pads and slips and all the sudocreme I need. At first I was down about it but my wife who is so straight to the point and pragmatic told me in no uncertain terms to get over my self wear a nappy and get on with life. Even when she realised as a result of this I was now very much DL she saw no harm in it if it helps me cope. She has told me on numerous occasions a husband in nappies is way better than no husband at all.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, stevewet said:

Diabetic related neuropathy

Since I'm a diabetic too I once was wondering if I would get that too but unfortunately it's only caused by high levels of HbA1c and this often causes damage to other nerves (feet) as well so since I always try to keep mine at 6.5% I realized I'd never get such bladder neuropathy. I wouldn't even want to risk endangering my health for that either. So I had no choice but to find other ways.

Now after the first surgery of the urethral sphincter I must say I'm really happy I found a doctor that listens and helped. I'm finally rid of my detrusor sphincter dyssinergy, at least in the upper half. And can empty it again, albeit without control. Changing, cleaning yourself and showering can prove a challenge but it's well worth it 

Just the intense post surgery pain is a bummer but once that's all healed up I'm right as rain. I can't wait till the other half is done so I get my sleep back because now I wake up every hour from heavy urge, but then I turn over and it leaks out.

It felt so good to say goodbye to catheters!

• 2 months later...

After all the visits needed to get everything checked and the doctor signing the prescription for diapers I would hav money for a feast so I would as soon as things permit gather some friends to a party.

After all the visits needed to get everything checked and the doctor signing the prescription for diapers I would hav money for a feast so I would as soon as things permit gather some friends to a party.

Lucky my insurance wont

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On 1/11/2020 at 10:22 AM, Elfy said:

Any change to your body like that should be looked at by a doctor.

I agree with @Elfy

ANY change that is a major change to your body, mental state, or health status should be checked by a doctor, as there could be something causing the incontinence issue.  With me, it **is** what it was: Incontinence - and I would rather have to deal with that, then have to deal with other conditions that are more severe, or even dangerous/life threatening.  as @Greybirdsaid, sometimes its a drag, but is better than having a worse condition.

Brian

• Like 1

I would go see a doctor that is for sure, just to make sure nothing serious is going on. Depending the outcome I will act accordingly. If there is nothing wrong I would most likely party for I feel I should not have been potty trained in the first place.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...