LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What if you really gain IC? – Party or Visit a Doc?

I read so many posts about the wish to gain IC. Generally, I think it’s difficult, if not impossible.
But what if it actually happens to you? What if your wish came true and you are finally incontinent?

Have a Party?
or 
See a Doc, to see weather everything is ok?

I asked myself this question and would probably visit a Doc first....

Hallo @woelkchen-2018 ,

der Wunsch Inkontinent zu werden ist auch in meinem Kopf. Aber doch sehr weit hinten.

Ich glaube ich würde schon zum Arzt gehen wenn ich merke das ich meinen Urin nicht mehr richtig halten kann. Ich denke mir das es so Glaubwürdiger ist um die Inkontinenz offiziel anzuerkennen (Krankenkasse, Arzt und sein umfeld)

the wish to become incontinent is in my head too. But very far behind.

I think I would go to the doctor if I realized that I could no longer hold my urine properly. I think it is so credible to officially recognize incontinence (health insurance, doctor and his environment)

• Like 1

I currently wear glasses, I will likely need hearing aids in the near future, and I now have to take medicine and vitamins that I didn't have to take 30+ years ago.  As I get older, if I lose continence, I'll deal with it the same way I'm dealing with all of my loss of body functionality.  I'll talk to my doctor and see what's up, ensure it isn't a symptom of a bigger problem, and then keep calm and carry diapers.

• Like 3

I am looking at issues with my prostate. If the worst is true, I have no question that it is getting removed. I don't relish the thought of being incontinent, but I prefer it to cancer. Diapers have been a part of my life for 50 years. I am comfortable with them, but that doesn't mean I want to need them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've spent nearly a year diapered 24/7 now.  Although I haven't specifically sought to become incontinent, I've avoided practicing any kind of urinary continence for this time.  I go a little bit every few minutes.  Although I suspect my bladder may have shrunk and my control might be a bit rusty, I'm pretty sure I'm still continent during the day.

Sometimes now I wake up in a wet nappy that I can't remember wetting.  I still think they may not necessarily be incontinence but rather that I've become so habituated to waking up in bed and peeing before falling back asleep that some nights I no longer wake enough to remember doing that the next morning.

If I encounter any sustained evidence of daytime incontinence (and that remains an "if"), then I think it will be time for me to consult with a Dr to make sure that there is nothing more sinister going on down there.

I don't think I really want to discuss the whole 24/7 diaper thing, just rule out the kind of problems that aren't that unusual in later middle age males.  Outside of dealing with an occult pathology, I would not be interested in interventions.  I would just take my "urinary IC" diagnosis and walk away.

it is marked in my medical file that i have chosen to wear diapers for my bowel trouble, it also says from prior trauma form abuse a child. They asked if i wanted a medicine to combat it,and i let them know that i have dealt with it for years .

When I was in the hospital this last time i packed my own diapers and use them instead of the hospital one as it was not in my file at that point.

if it gets worse will definitely consult my doctor to update them

I am looking at issues with my prostate. If the worst is true, I have no question that it is getting removed. I don't relish the thought of being incontinent, but I prefer it to cancer. Diapers have been a part of my life for 50 years. I am comfortable with them, but that doesn't mean I want to need them.

Chillax bro , there are some prostate cancers that are so slow growing you completely can die of old age at your convenience, many prostate cancers today are under active surveilance, sure you get to spend quality time with a doctors finger in your ass and blood work monitoring but it beats a "knife to the wife pleaser" if I could die of old age I would ,Whatever you call your god, mine has removed old age as an option for me .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I would see the doctor first, to find out what the problem is and if its "only" incontinence and I get free diapers I could celebrate 
Oh common Dubious free diapers are not exactly a crowd favorite ,minimally absorbent ,minimally functional ,maximal frustration and guaranteed leaks or double your urine back . I have worn medical diapers for many years and even the higher quality is still poor quality across the board . Simply because currently the institutional market is the biggest market , thats changing as more and more people age in there home and the stigma against using diapers disappears the market for adult diapers is becoming huge worth billions , and poor quality nursing home functional quality is not what people want ,companies are going to have to up there game or be pushed out .

14 hours ago, WeaselDiaperBoy said:

I needed to use pads for 10 weeks. ED is something else.  Good luck.

I enjoyed nappies 24/7 for the last 5/6 years. I have been to some degree an AB or DL all my life and wanted to be nappied. At about 60 I was getting urgency and frequency problems and that was my excuse to go 24/7.  As oznl said, he still has background daytime continence, I was the same. I knew I could hold it but not for long. Last October I was told I had prostate cancer, I was just 70, fit, good diet, not overweight (well maybe a little bit) and active. It was quite a shock actually. I had it removed (just in time as it turned out) and I am now incontinent. My surgeon tells me I can regain continence if I do the exercises more often, but where before I had two sphincters doing the work, I now have one. The incontinence is different, poor willy (who is reduced in size and cannot get erect   ...   yet) drips continuously and if I manage to hold it, it will not be for long. 
So,  what is the difference, what have I lost. Firstly, I cannot walk around in the nude. After morning shower, I have to put on a nappy straight away and don’t forget the plastic pants (terry nappies preferred here), then I cannot wear swimming trunks, they will be wet before I get into the water, so it’s shorts at the beach. I have to be aware of how wet my nappy or pull-up is if I am out and about, is there somewhere to change and if I have a pull-up on, is there space to get my shoes and trousers off, no? Then I carry with me a spare pull-up and a tabbed nappy, Tena slip or similar so that I can just rip off the pull-up, put on nappy, all without disrobing. Am I smelly, don’t forget the wipes! Etc. Etc. Etc.

Oddly enough I am not sure I mind. I love my life and am now cancer free. If the price of that is incontinence then so be it. Inconvenient? Sure but a price worth paying. Will I try harder to be continent again as my surgeon says I should? Ask me in another six months time, at the moment I am happy.

But I have digressed from the original question. My advise without doubt is that if you are becoming incontinent, go to the doctor asap. There are many nasty reasons why you might be incontinent, you need  to find out if any of those apply to you before you resign yourself to wearing very expensive, inconvenient and environmentally unfriendly nappies.

Just my two cents worth!

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Greybird said:

I enjoyed nappies 24/7 for the last 5/6 years. I have been to some degree an AB or DL all my life and wanted to be nappied. At about 60 I was getting urgency and frequency problems and that was my excuse to go 24/7.  As oznl said, he still has background daytime continence, I was the same. I knew I could hold it but not for long. Last October I was told I had prostate cancer, I was just 70, fit, good diet, not overweight (well maybe a little bit) and active. It was quite a shock actually. I had it removed (just in time as it turned out) and I am now incontinent. My surgeon tells me I can regain continence if I do the exercises more often, but where before I had two sphincters doing the work, I now have one. The incontinence is different, poor willy (who is reduced in size and cannot get erect   ...   yet) drips continuously and if I manage to hold it, it will not be for long. 
So,  what is the difference, what have I lost. Firstly, I cannot walk around in the nude. After morning shower, I have to put on a nappy straight away and don’t forget the plastic pants (terry nappies preferred here), then I cannot wear swimming trunks, they will be wet before I get into the water, so it’s shorts at the beach. I have to be aware of how wet my nappy or pull-up is if I am out and about, is there somewhere to change and if I have a pull-up on, is there space to get my shoes and trousers off, no? Then I carry with me a spare pull-up and a tabbed nappy, Tena slip or similar so that I can just rip off the pull-up, put on nappy, all without disrobing. Am I smelly, don’t forget the wipes! Etc. Etc. Etc.

Oddly enough I am not sure I mind. I love my life and am now cancer free. If the price of that is incontinence then so be it. Inconvenient? Sure but a price worth paying. Will I try harder to be continent again as my surgeon says I should? Ask me in another six months time, at the moment I am happy.

But I have digressed from the original question. My advise without doubt is that if you are becoming incontinent, go to the doctor asap. There are many nasty reasons why you might be incontinent, you need  to find out if any of those apply to you before you resign yourself to wearing very expensive, inconvenient and environmentally unfriendly nappies.

Just my two cents worth!

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Glad to hear that you overcame prostate cancer and that you can live good with the IC consequences.
It's probably nothing someone should ask for, especially not for exchange of the wish of IC. 
But "shit" happens sometimes. At least a Diaper-Lover is sort of prepared for the leakage.

Just my two cents worth!
Thanks for sharing this. I appreciate your sharing some of the effects of incontinence that I had not considered. I should know more about my concern in the next month. I have no question about getting rid of the prostate if there is cancer, but right now, this is a wait and see situation.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

On 1/12/2020 at 11:25 AM, Cruiser 03 said:

Oh common Dubious free diapers are not exactly a crowd favorite ,minimally absorbent ,minimally functional ,maximal frustration and guaranteed leaks or double your urine back . I have worn medical diapers for many years and even the higher quality is still poor quality across the board . Simply because currently the institutional market is the biggest market , thats changing as more and more people age in there home and the stigma against using diapers disappears the market for adult diapers is becoming huge worth billions , and poor quality nursing home functional quality is not what people want ,companies are going to have to up there game or be pushed out .

Tena and Abena have good diapers, and both I can get for free here, but only cloth-like
I have tried both and they are good enough if you change more often than what you would with plastic, which isn't a problem since they are free..
But, I would still buy my own plastic diapers, as I like the plastic feeling, but I don't need that all the time, same way I only use ABDL diapers in the weekend 

I'm actually going to the hospital on monday for surgery to be "cut incontinent", took me many years to get this, but given the alternatives the other hospital proposed (a catheterisable stoma) I prefer having a spincter resection over that.

I can no longer live with the pain and discomfort from damaged sphincter nerve and catheterisation, spasms, not even being able to void at all.

I'll see the world through a different view next week, but it is my decision, wether it be good or bad, I must live with it, I see no alternative.
One thing I learned though is never to give up hope, for the future is not set, and one day things might change, and for me, it will on monday!

14 hours ago, kincaid said:

I'm actually going to the hospital on monday for surgery to be "cut incontinent", took me many years to get this, but given the alternatives the other hospital proposed (a catheterisable stoma) I prefer having a spincter resection over that.

I can no longer live with the pain and discomfort from damaged sphincter nerve and catheterisation, spasms, not even being able to void at all.

I'll see the world through a different view next week, but it is my decision, wether it be good or bad, I must live with it, I see no alternative.
One thing I learned though is never to give up hope, for the future is not set, and one day things might change, and for me, it will on monday!

I hope the operation went well, no operation is good news, but if it removes pain etc. and gives certainty then it should be a good thing. Let us know how it goes.

all the best Greybird

• Like 1

So i think it would really depend, If i was wearing 24/7 for a long period of time, and found I could no longer hold and just went whenever, party time then visit a doctor to get it documented.  If out of the blue I just started wetting myself with no control that would require an immediate Dr visit as something has gone wrong tht could have serious health implications.

On 1/15/2020 at 8:38 AM, Greybird said:

I hope the operation went well, no operation is good news, but if it removes pain etc. and gives certainty then it should be a good thing. Let us know how it goes.

all the best Greybird

Well the surgery went really well!

They cut a V section out of the upper half of the sphincter, I had little blood loss and now no pain. I dribble or leak small amounts every time I move, but the bladder can still hold quite a bit, he said he wanted me to have a chance to still retain some continence. But because I was so pleased with how it went I insisted on having the other side done later. He said "fine by me, you're the boss" xD

• Like 1
On 1/21/2020 at 8:11 AM, kincaid said:

Well the surgery went really well!

They cut a V section out of the upper half of the sphincter, I had little blood loss and now no pain. I dribble or leak small amounts every time I move, but the bladder can still hold quite a bit, he said he wanted me to have a chance to still retain some continence. But because I was so pleased with how it went I insisted on having the other side done later. He said "fine by me, you're the boss" xD

Excellent, kincade, it sounds like a good outcome. I have great respect for our medics (except for the one that did my right hip!) you will probably get more continence back as time goes on. Muscles need to repair and be re-educated etc. Pain is so debilitating. 
all the best for your recovery. Greybird

On 1/22/2020 at 1:48 AM, Greybird said:

Excellent, kincade, it sounds like a good outcome. I have great respect for our medics (except for the one that did my right hip!) you will probably get more continence back as time goes on. Muscles need to repair and be re-educated etc. Pain is so debilitating. 
all the best for your recovery. Greybird

Oh i have no goal of regaining control at all. I prefer leaking above muscle complications.
He'll have to cut a wider section out of the upper half because it is getting a bit stiff from possible scar tissue and do the same on the lower half.
This way I will be completely unable to fully close the sphincter. I really was getting tired of these muscle spasms and now when I am voiding, both controlled or not, I can feel that the upper half is no longer contracting while the lower one is painfully overcharched (nerve impulse) and contracting heavily.

3 hours ago, kincaid said:

Oh i have no goal of regaining control at all. I prefer leaking above muscle complications.
He'll have to cut a wider section out of the upper half because it is getting a bit stiff from possible scar tissue and do the same on the lower half.
This way I will be completely unable to fully close the sphincter. I really was getting tired of these muscle spasms and now when I am voiding, both controlled or not, I can feel that the upper half is no longer contracting while the lower one is painfully overcharched (nerve impulse) and contracting heavily.

I’m impressed that you have such good knowledge of what they are doing and the outcome. when will they do the next op?
So there you have it, Woelkchen-2018, incontinence is sometimes a drag but better than the pain from sphincter muscles or as a consequence of prostate cancer.  Incontinence is not the end of the world but would you Choose to have it....... entirely up to you!

9 hours ago, Greybird said:

I’m impressed that you have such good knowledge of what they are doing and the outcome. when will they do the next op?
So there you have it, Woelkchen-2018, incontinence is sometimes a drag but better than the pain from sphincter muscles or as a consequence of prostate cancer.  Incontinence is not the end of the world but would you Choose to have it....... entirely up to you!

15 years of digging up the entire internet, asking around, going to 5 urologists, you learn in time. Nerves are also a sensitive part, once you learn to listen to them, you getto know them better, perhaps too well.

but yes, most i learned from digging into scientific research documents online and from other people who had this surgery before too.
In my case it all began with prostate issues though (BPH) , the TURP surgery damaged a nerve in the sphincter.
If this surgery could have been avoided or was not needed (but unfortunatly it was) I would never be in this position

On 1/24/2020 at 2:14 AM, Greybird said:

When starting the topic, I didn't expect it to become such an interesting source for the development of incontinence and it's effects on live.
Really interesting to hear about it, and for some maybe even a reason to reconsider their wish at all.