LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Property Taxes are BS

DailyDi

Property taxes are bullshit! How you gonna tax me again for something I bought 20 years ago, and you keep taxing me year after year? That's a hell of a scam you got going there.

End of rant. Just had to write it somewhere as it wouldn't fit on the memo line of the check.

I don't understand property taxes except as a way to generate revenue. its the gift that keeps on giving.  The only property taxes I pay are my vehicle as I rent.

34 minutes ago, diapered charles said:

Every year, your local government provides services. Every year, those services must be paid for. Taxes are a necessary evil.

I agree with that and yet at the same time they remarkably suck.

Your taxes used to cover water sewer garbage and courts ,now you pay seperate door all of those plus property taxes, what do you get now crumbling infrastructure ,shitty roads full of potholes and salt in winter guaranteed to rot your vehicle and require you to buy another one within 4 years.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Menaiya said:

I don't understand property taxes except as a way to generate revenue. its the gift that keeps on giving.  The only property taxes I pay are my vehicle as I rent.

That's the biggest scam there --- taxing non "real property" every year.  It's one of the reasons I won't be moving to VA.  At this time, I own 4 vehicles ranging in age from 1972 to 2017.  I'd be broke if I had to pay taxes on all of them every year!

Taxing real estate I can understand.  As a resident and property owner, you have a shared burden for community-wide services to pay for (fire/rescue/police, parks, in some cases trash collection, etc).  Most of those services are not paid for via income taxes.

4 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Property taxes are bullshit! How you gonna tax me again for something I bought 20 years ago, and you keep taxing me year after year? That's a hell of a scam you got going there.

End of rant. Just had to write it somewhere as it wouldn't fit on the memo line of the check.

I'm no expert on taxes but I Googled it and I found this

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/propertytax.asp

The local governing body will use the assessed taxes to fund water and sewer improvements, and provide law enforcement, fire protection, education, road and highway construction, libraries, and other services that benefit the community. 

Paying taxes sucks, but not having cops, clean water and a fire department sucks to so it's probably just a necessary evil type of deal.

I feel that we are being over taxed!!!!   Property tax, income tax, sales tax, and then we have gas tax.  I feel every dollar I make 40 percent goes to the government. And the roads suck!!   I thought that’s why we left!!!    
bring back the volunteer fire department!   I’d pitch in for my community. Or same with police.  
sorry for my rant.   Just had to get it out

Don't forget garbage pickup!  

This is laughable:  a couple times a year the state decides to give local police money (is it considered OT?)for various crackdowns such as DUI, click it or ticket, registration (they sit at the entrance ramps of the highways and make you slow donw).  Aren't they supposed to be doing it anyways?  

My property taxes fund the schools and yet I don't have kids and won't be having them!

And what are schools teaching kids these days.  They can't spell, they can't write properly.  Those who complain are called grammar nazis.  Poor teachers can't be fired.  They teach re-written history. Misbehaving kids can't be disciplined.  There has been 40 years of garbage in and garbage out.  They are being taught that capitalism is bad and the United States is bad.  How many kids today even know the pledge of allegiance.  They are dumbing down the greatest country on Earth.

Sales tax always gets me.  I buy a car and pay the sales tax.  That car has now been sold by the dealer.  Once sold by the dealer, I feel the sales tax has been paid, period.  When that same car is sold again years later as a used vehicle, the buyer once again has to pay sales tax!  WRONG!  As far as I'm concerned, once sold, the tax has been paid and the owner is free to resell the vehicle again and the purchaser shouldn't have to again pay tax on that vehicle that has once been paid.  To me, that is the scam.  You have to pay title transfer fees and registration, but why sales tax again?  I say the way to avoid that is sell the car for $1 on paper and have the buyer make a donation to you for the balance!  That way the government only get's sales tax on $1 and nothing more.

• Like 1
Sales tax always gets me.  I buy a car and pay the sales tax.  That car has now been sold by the dealer.  Once sold by the dealer, I feel the sales tax has been paid, period.  When that same car is sold again years later as a used vehicle, the buyer once again has to pay sales tax!  WRONG!  As far as I'm concerned, once sold, the tax has been paid and the owner is free to resell the vehicle again and the purchaser shouldn't have to again pay tax on that vehicle that has once been paid.  To me, that is the scam.  You have to pay title transfer fees and registration, but why sales tax again?  I say the way to avoid that is sell the car for $1 on paper and have the buyer make a donation to you for the balance!  That way the government only get's sales tax on $1 and nothing more.
In my state even if you sell it for a dollar or give it away DMV goes by blue book value or a certain minimum value fee for a non working vehicle if you want a title or registration. Then again DMV bends everyone over a non driver I'd card is almost $50 you bring all your ID to them they consolidate it into one card , they are an ID middle man and shouldnt get $50 for doing that .

That is what people call a legal scam. 

Only way of avoiding it is rent a house or an apartment. Now you don't have to pay any taxes. The landlord does. 

On 1/4/2020 at 11:08 AM, Cruiser 03 said:

Your taxes used to cover water sewer garbage and courts ,now you pay seperate door all of those plus property taxes, what do you get now crumbling infrastructure ,shitty roads full of potholes and salt in winter guaranteed to rot your vehicle and require you to buy another one within 4 years.

Isn't that what sales or income tax is for? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 4:42 PM, Nat said:

Only way of avoiding it is rent a house or an apartment. Now you don't have to pay any taxes. The landlord does. 

And where do you think the landlord gets the money to pay those taxes? 

You, the renter of course!

That's as silly a notion as forcing corporations to pay large taxes and suggesting that they aren't passed onto their customers?>?   In every case, the individual, or consumer pays the tax, it comes out of your and my pockets to pay for our govt programs, or all the "free" stuff they hand out paying them selves well along the way to do it!  The more and more we allow our government to get involved, the less of our hard earned money we have to spend as we see fit!

On 1/4/2020 at 12:40 PM, DailyDi said:

School taxes are the most unfair. I never had any children. When I tried to adopt a baby, I was told that id didn't earn enough to adopt. So why do I "earn enough" to educate someone else's kids? And if I had been able to adopt, I wouldn't send my daughter to a public school, anyway.

• Thanks 1

Lot of people seem to hate capitalism but lot of people are for it which is why we still run on capitalism. I believe there is a balance so it doesn't turn out like this which is already is. Lot of businesses run on greed. That is why we see all these petty charges. Now Nintendo charges for online service. It used to be free, now you pay. People complained and I notice they don't charge much for their online service like Sony and Microsoft do for xbox. I don't know if the complaining did it. 

Even online games are rigged and you can tell they are forcing you to spend real money. That was how a online game shut down because a company got too greedy. I think it was some Marvel mobile app game. When they got too greedy, people rage quit. Even Gameloft was heading that direction with Disney magical Kingdom and then players were rage quitting and I have noticed for the last two game events, they have laid back a bit and not been so greedy. Like no one wants to spend real money to finish an event and if it's impossible to finish without buying anything, people rage quit. 

Nothing wrong with asking for money and nothing wrong with in store purchases, it's when they go too far with it and try and force people to buy and rig events or rig stages is when it gets bad and it becomes greed and people quit. 

I get it, businesses need their money but yet if they try and get more of it, they lose players/customers so the get even less money so it's a double edge sword. That is why stores in malls have went out of business people they charged too much for their products but yet they had a high lease they had to pay so they had to charge more to compensate but then people didn't shop there. That is also another reason why other businesses have went bankrupt and are not nonexistent. Why go to a store and spend 20 bucks on a toy set when you can get it at target for 12 bucks? 

I remember when Super Mario Run was released, many people complained and wrote to Nintendo in anger because the game release was basically a demo because you could only play the first 4 stages and then you had to pay 10 bucks to unlock the rest of the courses so people were mad. Now Nintendo does free games but does in store purchases so that worked well. Basically Super Mario Run was just a demo and not a free game so it was misleading what they did and I think that was why people were mad. I also noticed they changed their free games in their eshop to "free to start." No one likes misleading stuff. Doesn't matter if it was free to be mislead lol. 

Remember when Netflex decided to raise their price? They lost 8,000,000 subscribers. Now Netflex never did that again but instead decided to charge per screen. Their prices are still about the same for 1 screen. I remember when parents still ranted about about to pay for more screens and I thought "It's no different than when kids had to share a TV set or a VCR" and I guess they don't want to share. Parents were concerned that all four of their children wouldn't be able to watch Netflix on their phones or tablets at once and I thought "why are kids sitting with their phones and tablets instead of playing outside or doing something else?" So yeah, the parents were just whining in that sense. It used to be unlimited to watch it on but with the sharing, Netflix installed the how many screen you can stream on at once. You can thank the freeloaders. 

Me and my husband share a Amazon account. I use his account because he has Prime. Why should I have to pay for Prime when he has it? We're both married and share the same bank account so I don't see the reason why I should pay for it twice. Same reason why I cancelled McAfree when I can use my husbands subscription account for AVG he uses. 

With capitalism, people will also try to save money. Because business also want to save money, they will downsize or cheapen their products. Just recently ABU has done that with their diapers and people are raging about it on Twitter. But if they raise their prices, they lose customers but yet cheapen their product, they still lose customers, double edge sword. It makes me steer more away from them. 

I go to llmedico because they offer free shipping and they have a rewards program. I will not use XP medical because I can save money at llmedico. With capitalism, you compete with other businesses. People want to save money. But however, if you make so much, you can just throw your money around like candy because it doesn't matter so that is how some smaller businesses stay in business despite their high shipping costs or how much they charge for their diapers or how they lack rewards program.  

5 hours ago, BabyJune said:

School taxes are the most unfair. I never had any children. When I tried to adopt a baby, I was told that id didn't earn enough to adopt. So why do I "earn enough" to educate someone else's kids? And if I had been able to adopt, I wouldn't send my daughter to a public school, anyway.

Private schools are also expensive. If you can't affords to adopt, how will you afford private school? 

The cheapest adoption is through foster care (costs around several thousand), in some states it's free if you are the foster parent and want to adopt the foster child. 

Everything today is about making money!  All businesses are there to turn a profit and a huge one at that!  Why do you think at Holiday time we have Black Friday and all the discounts and sales from all the stores?  It's because they know you are going to buy, however they also know there is a lot of competition from many stores selling the same item.  That's where you are in command!  You have a choice where to buy and get the lowest price.  Unfortunately, the government is the same, in business to make a profit. Where they are concerned you have no choice.  They well know you aren't going to say, "The city taxes are lower than the township taxes.  Can you beat their price?  If not, I'm going to move from the township to the city and you will have lost my money"!  First, even if you do sell your house to move to the city you will be assessed taxes and fees for selling your house.  Then you will be taxed more fees for the house in the city you are buying, and third, the person you sell your old house to will be assessed fees and will be paying the property tax to the township that you didn't pay anyway, so the township isn't out any money!  They have you by the short hairs no matter what you do, and they know it!

On 1/4/2020 at 10:24 AM, diapered charles said:

Every year, your local government provides services. Every year, those services must be paid for. Taxes are a necessary evil.

We can hate taxes, but not having roads, police, garbage pick up.   No taxes would suck if somebody had a fire- and nobody to put it out.

On 1/5/2020 at 3:42 PM, Nat said:

Isn't that what sales or income tax is for? 

It depends on where you live, and what the model is.  California has prop 13, which limits properties taxes based on when you purchased.  So you have people living next door to each other paying vastly different taxes, and therefore we have exceedingly high sales tax.   Oregon has no sales tax.  I'm know some states have no income tax.      Property taxes are built into your rents,  and as far as I know municipalities get most of their income from property taxes and sales tax.   One is decidedly more regressive than the other.

Imagine a world without taxes.   Only private education, which turns education into a commodity and is only accessible to the rich.   Poor aren't educated, and the work force is not able to compete.  There is is no police, so law enforcement.  We are basically living in the purge.     And guess what- given history- you will end up paying taxes in some form.  Maybe not to the government, but some war lord who offers 'protection'.    Maybe some rich company can provide housing for their employees, but then they could pay them in their own script- which is only good at the stores that you run.  The people are tied to the company and never go anywhere else,.   I think that model has been tried once or twice- it didn't work to well.

Sounds like communism. My ex was against taxes so I told him how do I get my Social Security money, taxes. How do people get food stamps? Taxes. Who pays for the schools, the roads, libraries, the police? Taxes.

If there were no taxes, we would be poor and kids wouldn't get their education because parents wouldn't be able to afford it. I wouldn't get my social security, roads would go bad and get all beaten up. People would commit more crimes because of no police.

Yeah my ex was an idiot. 

I know Alaska has no income or sales tax so how do they support their police and schools and roads? I suppose they have county taxes or city taxes and stuff? 

Montana has no sales tax but some places in that state may have sales tax. They call it resort tax because it's a resort town. But they do have income tax, same as Oregon. That also pissed my ex off because he hated working only to not get all his money so I told him "So would you rather spend more on stuff than have them keep some of your money you make?" 

If you live in Oregon, you still gotta pay income tax if you work in Washington. If you live in Washington and buy a car in Oregon, you still gotta pay sales tax on your car if you are a Washington resident. There is no way around it. The law is there to avoid tax evasion. 

Fun fact: It's illegal to drive into Oregon to shop to avoid paying sales tax. But here is the funny thing, it's been encouraged for Washingtonians to drive into Oregon to shop and enjoy their sales free tax shopping so that was why Janzten Beach shopping center had been built. But that became a dead mall 20 years later and now it's all boxed development and the mall itself is gone. In the 2000's they built another shopping center near I-205 and called it Cascade shopping center and it's also for Washingtonians to shop there to enjoy sales free tax shopping. So there you have it, the city of Portland is encouraging Washingtonians to come shop down here and enjoy sales tax free shopping which is a crime in the state of Washington. But yet Portland is encouraging it. But it's an easy crime to get away with because how are they going to know? 

Now I don't think anyone is going to drive 14 miles or 25 miles into Oregon just to shop here due to the cost of gas. It's just not worth it. 

I quit Netflix about 6 years ago ,i quit Amazon 3 years ago ,and never started playing online games ,I am too used to the sales gimmicks and tricks to fall for them .I also tend to shop locally ,because as far as I am concerned if you don't have a brick and mortar I can shop at shipping cost is a business cost not a customer cost, I understand capitalism and don't mind someone making a small profit,it's the greed and cheating that bothers me . Now the flip side of my personality I collect music ,and don't buy songs alla carte ,if an artist interests me ,or has a song I enjoy ,I feel it's worthwhile to buy the whole album ,and deep dive into what the artist has to offer , go figure ,some of my favorite songs started as "b" cuts and extras on albums .