LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bedwetting punishment

1950potty

I was spanked and diapered every time I wet the bed or had a day time accident. The punishment was a spanking with a wooden spoon and then diapered for one week. full time.. If I wet the bed while being punished with diapers..  I got spanked that morning and the one week clock started over, so sometimes i spent months on end in diapers.

• Thanks 2
21 hours ago, Glennie said:

I was spanked and diapered every time I wet the bed or had a day time accident. The punishment was a spanking with a wooden spoon and then diapered for one week. full time.. If I wet the bed while being punished with diapers..  I got spanked that morning and the one week clock started over, so sometimes i spent months on end in diapers.

So you were diapered,  but not allowed to use them?

1 hour ago, Spanky said:

So you were diapered,  but not allowed to use them?

no I wasn't allowed to use them.. If I had to go to the bathroom, I had to go ask my mother, loudly and in clear speech if she would please take off my diapers so I could use the bathroom and then once I was finished, I had to go back and all but beg her to put my diapers back on.. If I didn't ask nice enough she would make ask again and if I wasn't doing it nice enough, I got to so stand in the corner and think about how I should properly address my mother.. My sisters and cousins loved to watch me begging to have my mother diaper me.. Once I was okayed, she would make me lay down on the floor and diaper me in front of anyone watching.. Nothing quite as embarrassing as having all you cousins stand around laughing at you while you are getting diapered.. My mother felt that I was wetting and messing myself for the attention, so her plan was to make it as humiliating as possible.. I think she felt if she embarrassed me enough I would end my little problem

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Glennie said:

If I had to go to the bathroom, I had to go ask my mother, loudly and in clear speech if she would please take off my diapers so I could use the bathroom and then once I was finished, I had to go back and all but beg her to put my diapers back on.. If I didn't ask nice enough she would make ask again and if I wasn't doing it nice enough, I got to so stand in the corner and think about how I should properly address my mother.. My sisters and cousins loved to watch me begging to have my mother diaper me.. Once I was okayed, she would make me lay down on the floor and diaper me in front of anyone watching.. Nothing quite as embarrassing as having all you cousins stand around laughing at you while you are getting diapered.. My mother felt that I was wetting and messing myself for the attention, so her plan was to make it as humiliating as possible.. I think she felt if she embarrassed me enough I would end my little problem

But jokes on your mom because that only made you one of us.? Hehehe!????????❤️

11 hours ago, Glennie said:

hell no I hated diapers back then.. I just was incapable of staying out of them

Sorry,  I  didn't know if you liked them or not. 

I've always liked diapers,  but never had a need for them after potty trained.   I can remember a few accidents,  but not many.   I really thought that I would get spanked for them,  but didn't get punished.

I'd try to think of ways to get put back in diapers. I thought about having "accidents" in my pants,  but never worked up the courage to do it.   I guess I would be too embarrassed. 

its all good spanky.. As much as I hated wearing diapers as a child.. I have gotten past my feelings.. I am fully incontinent now and I couldn't be happier. Turns out I was never meant to wear big boy undies after all.

I never understood why parents of children who wet there beds ever thought it made sense to punish them for doing so. All I can think is it must have been out of frustration or that is how their parents treated them so let the abuse continue. I wet my bed for years, my Mom had a vinyl mattress protector on it save it.  She was also loving and understanding and I was never spanked or punished in any way for wetting my bed. Pants wetting however earned a spanking and the threat of diapers or training pants if I didn’t remember to use the toilet. 

12 hours ago, happyindprs said:

I never understood why parents of children who wet there beds ever thought it made sense to punish them for doing so. All I can think is it must have been out of frustration or that is how their parents treated them so let the abuse continue. I wet my bed for years, my Mom had a vinyl mattress protector on it save it.  She was also loving and understanding and I was never spanked or punished in any way for wetting my bed. Pants wetting however earned a spanking and the threat of diapers or training pants if I didn’t remember to use the toilet. 

Parents punish for bedwetting because they think the child is doing it on purpose or at the very least not doing their best to stop.  It’s no different than your pants wetting.

Sorry Glennie about your punishment, I mean for me never was a bed wetter and have struggled with why I like diapers now.

Sometimes I think I was rushed to being potty trained and I think I loved the attention I got from mom when being changed but who knows 

WBxx, except that you are asleep when you are peeing in your bed. asleep as in “not on purpose!”  Oh what fun is was to be a kid and your parents would tell you to go potty before Ben so you don’t wet the bed or you’re going to really get it, followed by, “ Sleep good sweetie”. Yes folks that was some great parenting skills there!

I have said many times, as many accidents as I had as a kid, diapers honestly made a lot of sense. The problem was how my mother went out of her way to make it as embarrassing as possible for me. The constant threat of ending up in diapers was a constant problem for me. I have no doubt, the stress she caused me to be successful, only made my problem worse. My sisters loved to get me diapered so they were just as bad as my mother was. If my problem could have been handled in a private, dignified way, perhaps I would have stopped wetting and messing my pants and bed way quicker. I because continent when I was 12 but it was really just me be super super aware of the status of my bladder. I learned as an adult I actually have a small birth defect. The defect is in the spinkster muscles. I don't get a complete round closer and its very easy for me to lose me bladder control because of it.. I was more than happy to explain that to my mother as an adult. But hey such is life, and if I hadn't gone through what I did as a child,  I wouldn't know anyone of you wonderful people. So hey it worked out in the end

18 hours ago, happyindprs said:

WBxx, except that you are asleep when you are peeing in your bed. asleep as in “not on purpose!”  Oh what fun is was to be a kid and your parents would tell you to go potty before Ben so you don’t wet the bed or you’re going to really get it, followed by, “ Sleep good sweetie”. Yes folks that was some great parenting skills there!

Apparently you were always asleep when it happened.  That wasn’t the case for me as well as a few others here.

• Like 1

.I do t think I ever told anyone this but when I was five years old my Dad had a heart attack and died. That loss caused me revert back to incontinence for years afterwards. My Mother was always sympathetic to me and my wetting accidents and never punished me. I can’t say it went that way for my older sister or my aunts. My sister is ten years my senior and “enjoyed” babysitting for me when my Mom was out.  She was all about humiliating me with putting me in thick cloth diapers and plastic pants and a tee shirt and then have her friends come over to tease and torment me. If I fought her she’d say, “Mom left me in charge, so do as I say or I’ll give you a spanking you won’t ever forget!”  Needless to say I was diapered many a time.

/

My Moms sister had a son who wet is pants and bed (three years my junior) and he wore cloth diapers day and night. I slept over one weekend and wet the bed. She spanked me with a hairbrush for being lazy while she lovingly attended to her own son. To had to the humiliation she made me play in the sandbox with my cousin in just diapers.  I hated her for that.  .

17 hours ago, happyindprs said:

.I do t think I ever told anyone this but when I was five years old my Dad had a heart attack and died. That loss caused me revert back to incontinence for years afterwards. My Mother was always sympathetic to me and my wetting accidents and never punished me. I can’t say it went that way for my older sister or my aunts. My sister is ten years my senior and “enjoyed” babysitting for me when my Mom was out.  She was all about humiliating me with putting me in thick cloth diapers and plastic pants and a tee shirt and then have her friends come over to tease and torment me. If I fought her she’d say, “Mom left me in charge, so do as I say or I’ll give you a spanking you won’t ever forget!”  Needless to say I was diapered many a time.

/

My Moms sister had a son who wet is pants and bed (three years my junior) and he wore cloth diapers day and night. I slept over one weekend and wet the bed. She spanked me with a hairbrush for being lazy while she lovingly attended to her own son. To had to the humiliation she made me play in the sandbox with my cousin in just diapers.  I hated her for that.  .

Sorry about your childhood.  Life can be cruel.  Not that it helps you, but decades later I still battle wetting demons from my early years.  It’s a lifetime sentence.

As for diapers in the sandbox, as weird as I am (and was) I might have enjoyed the humiliation.

Take care,

WBxx, thanks for your kind words.  I have wondered why I am the way I am. As a child I buried these things deep inside me forever or at least I thought.  It came out about ten years ago that my wicked aunt did those things to me because as a child, her mother didn’t want her and she was passed around from relative to relative.  She was damaged early on as well.  There are adults in my life who have said I am weak because I never moved on from trauma. It is only recently that I have been going to hypnotherapy that I am beginning to heal although I doubt I will ever be hole. My depression creeps into my soul like a light switch , so fast I wish to be beaten for my stupidity or because I’m still this little boy inside that thinks he deserves another swat.  So sorry for being so dark here. This will pass and then I’ll be up again.  Hope it lasts a bit longer this time. 

13 hours ago, happyindprs said:

WBxx, thanks for your kind words.  I have wondered why I am the way I am. As a child I buried these things deep inside me forever or at least I thought.  It came out about ten years ago that my wicked aunt did those things to me because as a child, her mother didn’t want her and she was passed around from relative to relative.  She was damaged early on as well.  There are adults in my life who have said I am weak because I never moved on from trauma. It is only recently that I have been going to hypnotherapy that I am beginning to heal although I doubt I will ever be hole. My depression creeps into my soul like a light switch , so fast I wish to be beaten for my stupidity or because I’m still this little boy inside that thinks he deserves another swat.  So sorry for being so dark here. This will pass and then I’ll be up again.  Hope it lasts a bit longer this time. 

Keep talking, it helps to share.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2021 at 11:51 AM, Rachael-Little said:

Sorry Glennie about your punishment, I mean for me never was a bed wetter and have struggled with why I like diapers now.

Sometimes I think I was rushed to being potty trained and I think I loved the attention I got from mom when being changed but who knows 

@Rachael-Little

I never was a bedwetter per se, but I’ve had instances where I almost wet myself, or wet the floor, or didn’t make it to the bathroom on time and made a mess. Parents as a rule, they don’t want to have their children in diapers forever, so the minute they show interest in training, it begins. Most times I believe that children may be toilet trained way too fast, and they are not emotionally ready, or maybe not even physically ready to do the business on the potty. If the kid is not ready, it doesn’t matter how early you start the training or how diligent you are, if a kid isn’t ready, he’s not ready. In most cases, the kid will tell you when they are ready. Most times it is because  The kid has a diaper on, and may not want to be wet and not like to be wet. When that occurs a parent can most likely begin training. In some cases however, children can be trained during the day, and still wet the bed at night and this is common.

My take is, let the kid be a kid, Let them be little, let them be a toddler or a baby, and don’t rush them. If it takes longer to train them so be it. The easiest way to train a kid is to wait until the kid is ready. On many occasions, children who are disabled may not gain continence until they’re much older, or they learn how to go to the bathroom themselves. For example, my brother always wore diapers: he was severely disabled, so my mom had to take care of him change and bathe him etc.  if you’re disabled, sometimes you don’t have the ability to be able to use the toilet all the time, or you may have congenital problems or conditions that make it harder for you to be able to use the toilet. This is called “functional incontinence“ however, when you’re disabled, diapers are more common than you may think: maybe a person has muscular issues or skeletal problems or something like that that make it harder for them to control those muscles downstairs, and if that is the case diapers are probably necessary and easier to deal with.

Sometime  in the 90s, there was a lot of talk about how some kids don’t train well, or they take longer. The reason why Procter and Gamble Kimberly Clark and other companies came out with a size 6 and seven diapers, is because some kids train later in life, and physicians were telling parents that some kids weren’t ready.  It is always better to let the kid be the one in control. If a parent decides to use diapers for longer periods, eventually the child will learn the difference between wet and dry, and when they are ready, and they have had enough of having a diaper, they may ask to be trained. However as I said some people cannot be trained or may have neurological conditions that make that more difficult.

Children  should not be punished for bedwetting. That happens, my brothers were the same way. My younger brothers would Pee The bed all the time. This was not a big deal in our family, because some kids can’t hold it at night. What my parents did was to give my younger brothers the responsibility of stripping the sheets off of the bed when it happened and placing them in the washer so that they could be washed. Then later my stepmom would go upstairs and make the bed. As we grow older we would be making the bed and stripping it.

@Glennie what happened to you was something  that was very embarrassing and very traumatizing. Based on what you told us, I would not do what your mom did to you. It is demoralizing humiliating and unnecessary, and only shows that she used her power as your mother to embarrass you to no end simply because you were having trouble keeping yourself dry.  This is why my stance has always been to let the kid be the kid, and if diapers are needed for longer than normal, so be it. You’re only a kid once, And your childhood should not be traumatizing demoralizing and humiliating. Babies and toddlers and young children wear diapers for a reason:  The reason is they cannot control themselves. Your childhood should be fun and memorable rather than something out of a horror movie that you want to forget. I say let the kid use diapers, it is not the end of the world, as people like @diaperedboilerman points out. All the diaper is is a special kind of underwear And that’s all it is.

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added additional information
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

For those who were spanked for their bed wetting/accidents,  did the spankings get worse as the accidents continued?  Like this spanking isn't working,  you must need a harder one, or more wacks?

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

I was spanked for wetting the bed. I hated wetting the bed. I wasn't trained at night until I was 4-1/2 years old.  I stayed dry at night until I was around 7 years old. I don't know why I started wetting at night but I wet my bed around 5 or 6 nights a week. I was very small for age and finally grew out of wetting at night shortly before I turned 16. My mother never spanked me for wetting. My father would pull me to my room in the evenings and whip me with his belt. I remember that sometimes the whipping would go on for several minutes. My father was proud of the welts he put on my backside. He always believed that I was wetting on purpose and that I was just too lazy to get up and go to the bathroom. My mother suffered from MS and she didn't need the extra work of washing my sheets so I washed them. There was a rubber sheet under my sheets to protect the mattress. My parents took me to a clinic and they were told that it wasn't my fault and that I was small for my age and would eventually grow out of it. My father wasn't going to buy their diagnosis and continued to blame me for being too lazy to get out of bed. I absolutely hated wetting my bed. Our family doctor finally told my mother to just put me back in diapers at night which she did. I wasn't fond of wearing diapers at 10 years old  and neither was my father as he continued giving me the belt on a regular basis. 

I stayed dry from 16 years of age (1973) until 1998 when I was in a nasty car/semi accident. I had several injuries with one being damage to my lower spinal cord which took my bladder control and left parts of my lower extremities numb. I spent a great deal of time in physical therapy and meeting with neurologists and urologists. I am able to walk but still have areas on my legs and bottom that are totally without feeling. I was diagnosed with a neurogenic bladder. It has shrunk to almost nothing over the years and I constantly dribble throughout the day and night. I struggled having to wear diapers again but over the years I don't even give it much thought any longer. Wearing protection 24/7/365 is part of my life and I don't let it slow me down. I was hospitalized for a week a few years ago and struggled having the nurses diaper me as I am very capable of doing it myself. 

• Sad 1
  • 2 months later...

I wet the bed and i would get spanked with my wet panties on. Then my mother would make me stand in the corner while she stripped the bed. She finally started to put a plastic mattress cover on it. If it happened on a weekend, I was put in diapers at night and if I was wet in the morning, my mother would make me wear them as punishment for the rest of the morning. She used cloth diapers which were really uncomfortable because they just stayed wet, not like the disposable ones. I was also grounded a lot for wetting. To this day I still have wetting accidents including at night so I just diaper myself so I don't have to deal with the mattress issue. It's embarrassing but in a way comforting since it reminds me of my childhood. I never really grew out of bedwetting no matter what they tried.

• 1 year later...
On 9/18/2021 at 10:37 AM, WBxx said:

Parents punish for bedwetting because they think the child is doing it on purpose or at the very least not doing their best to stop.  It’s no different than your pants wetting.

The big difference in how this was treated is probably related to age. Those of us who grew up in the 50s, 60s or earlier 70s dealt with a different view of bedwetting. My parents thought of overage bed and pants wetting as a discipline issue. Today that wouldn't be very common I suspect.

• Like 1