LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bedwetting punishment

1950potty

Growing up in the fifties I never knew if I would or would not get spanked for wetting the bed.  Most mornings mother took it in stride.  Others she went into a rage swatting my backside with a yardstick.  This was often followed by her sobbing and hours of the silent treatment.

• Like 1
On 1/9/2020 at 9:09 AM, WBxx said:

Growing up in the fifties I never knew if I would or would not get spanked for wetting the bed.  Most mornings mother took it in stride.  Others she went into a rage swatting my backside with a yardstick.  This was often followed by her sobbing and hours of the silent treatment.

Sounds like your mother needed help.  Inconsistency is worse than being overly strict.  You end up not knowing what you should do.   My wife's mother sounds a little like yours.  it took her a long time to get it worked out.  I hope you are doing well.

baby vinnie My wife started to use a paddle because one daughter must have had a butt of iron.  And my wife said she couldn't take the pain.  She said to her that girls' bottom felt like you were spanking a desk top.  It wasn't a bad for me but I switched also.  But in our case the daughter wasn't a bed wetter.  But it paralleled your story so well.

On 1/9/2020 at 10:09 AM, WBxx said:

My mother was inconsistent about this too. I grew up in a big family and my mother would ask at the breakfast table whether anybody had a wet bed that morning. Four of us out of seven were overage wetters. Sometimes she did nothing about it but other times was more unforgiving. Sometimes we just got the "bring your bedding and pjs down to the laundry room" order. Usually the trip to the spanking chair wasnt a big risk unless I had a few accidents in a row or didnt comply with the "nothing to drink after dinner" rule. Or if I was in trouble for something else and got a combined punishment.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/8/2020 at 9:20 PM, rubbersheetmike said:

I think it wasnt unusual in the old days to spank for bedwetting for sure. My parents did it but not always. I remember waking up wet when I got older and being afraid of "getting it" as my siblings and I called it.

Why though? I mean without diapers waking up wet is cold and clammy and if the parents make you clean your own bedding then just that is unpleasant enough to be a punishment.

I had an episode of bedwetting when I was 7 (I think it played a big part in my interest in ABDL) and my mom never punished me in any way. To her it was just a problem that she needed to find the origin of and then the solution. After all why would a 7/8 year old pee in his bed? (My 8th birthday was during it). I actually asked her about this just last week and she said she thinks the whole idea of punishing a child for this is stupid and cruel. I mean it's already unpleasant so why double down on it?

She often discussed with me why it's happening and what kind of solution would should do.

I was NEVER punished for having wet beds, although I had accidents - Mom trained me early, but ALWAYS wanted me to wake her or Dad if I had to go to the bathroom, and they would help me, as my bed and had a rail, and I couldn't get out of bed by myself, and I would need help.  My younger brothers never got punished for bedwetting, but my brother Mike and I would ask the younger ones if they had wet beds in the morning when they got up, because they would be wet and COLD, and they wanted to jump into our beds in the morning - when they were sopping wet, we would tell them to take a bath - because we didn't mind the occasional wet bed, but we didn't want to have to change OUR beds, when they were in our bed in the morning.

Diapers were used when necessary, and NO ONE got punished for bed wetting - My older brother Richard, wore them from birth, until he was 10, and mom dealt with our disabilities, and she just dealt with it, and understood that we may not make it all the time, but she would tell us "NOT to wait until you feel like you're gonna EXPLODE before you decide to go upstairs to the bathroom."  My First Barre House had a bathroom in the cellar, and on the 2nd floor, so I would have to plan to be close by either one:  I got good at getting up the stairs in time, or deciding that I wanted to GO before heading down, because I would have to climb back UPSTAIRS if I needed the bathroom, or if I was in the gameroom downstairs, I sometimes slept there, so I would take a shower there as well.

When I was 12, moved to the second Barre House:  This one has a bathroom on the same level, and I didn't have to climb stairs to get to it:  I had my room 10 feet from it, so I sometimes would crawl to it, and then just use it, and then crawl back to my room at night, as not to wake mom with crutches banging around.

My Question is:  WHY PUNISH for something you can't control?  I mean, what is the point of doing it, when diapers are available to deal with it?  It does NO GOOD to chastise or make people feel bad for performing a biological function - getting rid of waste - It is inconvenient for parents, but I bet you that the KID is embarrassed as well. 

Brian

On 2/26/2021 at 6:46 PM, marinus18 said:

Why though? I mean without diapers waking up wet is cold and clammy and if the parents make you clean your own bedding then just that is unpleasant enough to be a punishment.

Not for me, a side of me enjoyed the sensations and shame to the point some of my “accidents” were not accidental which mom no doubt sensed.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, WBxx said:

Not for me, a side of me enjoyed the sensations and shame to the point some of my “accidents” were not accidental which mom no doubt sensed.

My mom always had a much more logic based way of doing it. Just going through things and unearthing why I would like such a thing. It really sucks the fun out of it. It's also how she dealt with swear words. She would make us research what exactly the word meant as the rule was that we weren't allowed to say things we didn't understand. She treated the bedwetting as a problem to be fixed and as a 7 year old you just kind of go along with that. We were a quite high social family and so mom thought physical punishment to be barbaric and below us.

I'm not saying that method is perfect either though. Thanks to that my self-discipline is really weak and I also have a real tendency to overthink things.

On 1/8/2020 at 3:20 PM, rubbersheetmike said:

I think it wasnt unusual in the old days to spank for bedwetting for sure. My parents did it but not always. I remember waking up wet when I got older and being afraid of "getting it" as my siblings and I called it.

We also called it "getting it"  if we were being bad, we'd usually get a warning from our parents "You're going to get it"

I  never got it for accidents, although I was afraid that I would.   I really never was a bed wetter and only had a few accidents after potty training. 

I definitely got it for a lot of other things, though.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 3:13 PM, Jamesfull said:

I was spanked for wetting the bed. nothing major just a few hard swatts and i typically had to do my own washing, i was in diapers alot so it rarely happened.

Why though? Wasn't waking up in a wet and clammy bed that stinks and that you have to wash yourself already punishment enough?

25 minutes ago, marinus18 said:

Why though? Wasn't waking up in a wet and clammy bed that stinks and that you have to wash yourself already punishment enough?

My parents believed it was all in my head and that I was doing it deliberately, it took them years before they decided to go to a doctor and get it looked at.

• Like 3
On 3/27/2021 at 11:12 AM, Jamesfull said:

My parents believed it was all in my head and that I was doing it deliberately, it took them years before they decided to go to a doctor and get it looked at.

Really? Why would they think that? When I was bedwetting my mom immediately decided it was medical as she couldn't think of a reason I would do it. Also if they thought it was deliberate why not ask you why you did it?

On 3/27/2021 at 6:12 AM, Jamesfull said:

Did your parents flat out accuse you of wetting the bed on purpose?

Mine did not.  However, there were times mom demanded I not wet the bed on a given night.  Not a direct accusation, but certainly implied I had control of the event.  She was not entirely wrong.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 2:10 PM, WBxx said:

However, there were times mom demanded I not wet the bed on a given night.  Not a direct accusation, but certainly implied I had control of the event.  She was not entirely wrong.

My mom was like this sometimes too. She'd say things like "I dont want to see any wet beds in the morning" when we were getting ready for bed. Until my older brother and I were in our early teens we were wakened early in the morning usually at around 4 to 5 to get us to go. It was too late a lot of the time. And who can go on demand anyway especially if your being told to go? As I got older I sometimes made sure I was wet often enough to keep the rubber sheet on the bed. I had it on my bed until I was 17.

15 hours ago, rubbersheetmike said:

My mom was like this sometimes too. She'd say things like "I dont want to see any wet beds in the morning" when we were getting ready for bed. Until my older brother and I were in our early teens we were wakened early in the morning usually at around 4 to 5 to get us to go. It was too late a lot of the time. As I got older I sometimes made sure I was wet often enough to keep the rubber sheet on the bed. I had it on my bed until I was 17.

"And who can go on demand anyway especially if your being told to go?"  I could, as mom demanded that starting as a  toddler through teenage years.  Including 2AM trips to the toilet.  The only thing good about that was I think I sleep walked there.  I almost never remembered the next morning.  But you peed when told to.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was six years old I spent two weeks at my aunt's home while my mother was away. My aunt was a very strict and stern woman, who I was a little afraid of. I was no longer wetting the bed at home by that age, but being away from my mother and in a new environment like that must have made me regress. I wet my bed the first night I was there. The punishment for that first incident was having to sit in a naughty chair which my aunt placed in a corner of the kitchen for me. I had to sit there for a good part of the morning, and got repeated scoldings from my aunt who was angry about having to wash my bedsheets and pajamas. After I wet my bed the second night, my aunt decided to give me my first spanking. She put me over her knee and spanked me with her hand for about a minute, then gave me six whacks with a wooden spoon. After that second incident my aunt started diapering me at night. For the rest of my stay, if I wet my diaper at night, I would have to sit in the naughty chair in the soggy diaper the next morning. Then, after a bath, it was over her knee for another spanking. Sometimes she would make me stay in a diaper during the day as an added punishment. I think the whole experience may have been the start of my fascination with being diapered.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
On 2/27/2021 at 6:17 PM, ~Brian~ said:

I was NEVER punished for having wet beds, although I had accidents - Mom trained me early, but ALWAYS wanted me to wake her or Dad if I had to go to the bathroom, and they would help me, as my bed and had a rail, and I couldn't get out of bed by myself, and I would need help.  My younger brothers never got punished for bedwetting, but my brother Mike and I would ask the younger ones if they had wet beds in the morning when they got up, because they would be wet and COLD, and they wanted to jump into our beds in the morning - when they were sopping wet, we would tell them to take a bath - because we didn't mind the occasional wet bed, but we didn't want to have to change OUR beds, when they were in our bed in the morning.

Diapers were used when necessary, and NO ONE got punished for bed wetting - My older brother Richard, wore them from birth, until he was 10, and mom dealt with our disabilities, and she just dealt with it, and understood that we may not make it all the time, but she would tell us "NOT to wait until you feel like you're gonna EXPLODE before you decide to go upstairs to the bathroom."  My First Barre House had a bathroom in the cellar, and on the 2nd floor, so I would have to plan to be close by either one:  I got good at getting up the stairs in time, or deciding that I wanted to GO before heading down, because I would have to climb back UPSTAIRS if I needed the bathroom, or if I was in the gameroom downstairs, I sometimes slept there, so I would take a shower there as well.

When I was 12, moved to the second Barre House:  This one has a bathroom on the same level, and I didn't have to climb stairs to get to it:  I had my room 10 feet from it, so I sometimes would crawl to it, and then just use it, and then crawl back to my room at night, as not to wake mom with crutches banging around.

My Question is:  WHY PUNISH for something you can't control?  I mean, what is the point of doing it, when diapers are available to deal with it?  It does NO GOOD to chastise or make people feel bad for performing a biological function - getting rid of waste - It is inconvenient for parents, but I bet you that the KID is embarrassed as well. 

Brian

@~Brian~ go read my profile about me section.  I used to wet the bed and ended up in a diaper for it.  Never spanked but one night go a diaper.  Now I love wearing diapers.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

@~Brian~ go read my profile about me section.  I used to wet the bed and ended up in a diaper for it.  Never spanked but one night go a diaper.  Now I love wearing diapers.

It's funny how life works that way!?????

• Like 1
On 4/26/2021 at 12:02 PM, Mike1975 said:

When I was six years old I spent two weeks at my aunt's home while my mother was away. My aunt was a very strict and stern woman, who I was a little afraid of. I was no longer wetting the bed at home by that age, but being away from my mother and in a new environment like that must have made me regress. I wet my bed the first night I was there. The punishment for that first incident was having to sit in a naughty chair which my aunt placed in a corner of the kitchen for me. I had to sit there for a good part of the morning, and got repeated scoldings from my aunt who was angry about having to wash my bedsheets and pajamas. After I wet my bed the second night, my aunt decided to give me my first spanking. She put me over her knee and spanked me with her hand for about a minute, then gave me six whacks with a wooden spoon. After that second incident my aunt started diapering me at night. For the rest of my stay, if I wet my diaper at night, I would have to sit in the naughty chair in the soggy diaper the next morning. Then, after a bath, it was over her knee for another spanking. Sometimes she would make me stay in a diaper during the day as an added punishment. I think the whole experience may have been the start of my fascination with being diapered.

That's somewhat like a fantasy of mine.?