LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hi all, 

I realize now thanks to a friend that I really need to see a therapist/psychologist about my depression. My question is how do u know you found a good therapist or psychologist? Is there a website that can help me find a good therapist or psychologist?

any help is greatly appreciated. 

You will feel it inside of you if you have found  the right  one .  also  you have to  give this  some time  (ie  more then just  one meeting  )  to be able to decide this   in my opinion    as  said therapist or psychologist also tries to  get to know  you   same as you to him /her so you both need some time to get to know eatchoder  . This said   if you feel that said   therapist or psychologist dont  really  cares or understand  you   and  just are after  youre money   then (again try a few  sessions  utliest   )    then stop and  look for another   . Just as in life in general there are  the good  ones  as well as those that only do this for money  & always remember  you pay them to help  so you have the right  to  expect  to be  listend  too & understood  and above all helped .  Last  dont expect this to be quick fix  im afraid  this  is  a long  road   to travel  and thats  how  its is  designed to work.      

Good luck and i wish you a Speedy and  durable  help for youre depression         

You're throwing away money by having someone else ask you questions that you can answer yourself. If you really feel like you need the middleman, then go for it, but first see if you can identify your own issues and solutions to them. The only reason you should really need to see a therapist is to see if you need meds like anti-depressants, in which case you'll be redirected to a doctor who can prescribe them for you (which will also cost money for the visit then more money to purchase the meds).

31 minutes ago, horrorfan said:

You're throwing away money by having someone else ask you questions that you can answer yourself. If you really feel like you need the middleman, then go for it, but first see if you can identify your own issues and solutions to them. The only reason you should really need to see a therapist is to see if you need meds like anti-depressants, in which case you'll be redirected to a doctor who can prescribe them for you (which will also cost money for the visit then more money to purchase the meds).

The only time youre throwing away money in this case is if you DONT get the help you need. And  meds are NOT  the best solution nor the most effective this is. And should also  only be  takend at the same time as other  help is added  (incl this  ) under the   condolonces  of  both youre doc or other  profetinal  and youre self AFTER   being thurly briefed  of  the  possible side effects  of this  med. Happy pills   arent the solution nor will the magually make You're  problems  disapere  and  life is just a   paradase  on earth .  ALL they do is  to  take way the   up and downs   and make it more a  smooth   line   rather then up and down                  

1 hour ago, horrorfan said:

Sometimes having an outside perspective can help you see things differently or think of them in ways you hadn't or couldn't think of before. I say this as someone who has struggled with depression for 35 years and is currently THRIVING with the help of an excellent therapist. Depression literally changes cognition so even if you can identify the problems AND solutions it isnt always easy to execute them.

You are entitled to your opinion but discouraging people from options that could seriously help them really is not productive. Saying that seeing a therapist is throwing away money and the only reason to see a therapist is for meds is accusatory, insulting and frankly just ignorant.

Just speaking as someone who has been to therapists and knows ins and outs of counseling. The counselor/therapist won't know anything about you that you don't tell them, which means you'll already have some sort of insight into your issues (for easy fixes they'll direct you to the internet where you can get access to resources that you otherwise already have access to), for depression they will recommend anti-depressants if they feel that there is no easy fix for their client, the last therapist that I saw informed me that anti-depressants aren't a permanent solution; rather a means to an end until the factor which is depressing is removed. If you just need someone to listen and a shoulder to cry on, there are less expensive outlets, unless you're a student and have access to free counseling services, it's more efficient and economical to ask your own questions. My advice is simply advice, which may be taken or left as desired.

On the other hand, if you are set on seeing someone, there are sites like yelp which review businesses for the services that they provide. You can look up reviews on the professional which you are planning to see. First you would look up what counseling services are available near you (either by phonebook or google, take your pick). You can then look up reviews on your selected counselor and decide whether or not they are someone you wish to see. If you have insurance, the cost may be reduced, but ultimately you're looking at up to $120 per session, and better counselors tend to charge more. Do as you wish, and best of luck.

On 12/31/2019 at 2:34 AM, Pokemonfan said:

Hi all, 

I realize now thanks to a friend that I really need to see a therapist/psychologist about my depression. My question is how do u know you found a good therapist or psychologist? Is there a website that can help me find a good therapist or psychologist?

any help is greatly appreciated. 

For starters, I'd ask your primary care physician (if you have one) what their recommendation is.

• Like 1