LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pro Pants

Dryperboy

Question

Does anyone else remember wearing Pro Pants or Pro Garm ? I remember discovering 

these when I was 13 . These were snap - on vinyl pants ,flannel lined, with a snap in

flannel liner .  They came in adult sizes.  Such an improvement over pulling on toddler

size rubber pants, over a diaper that was too small.

12 answers to this question

Don’t recall the brand name? They sound good to me, lol. The ones I remember, that seemed to be relatively easy to get, were plasticized pants. They were usually, smooth vinyl inside, with a rough nylon type exterior. They weren’t close enough to real plastic pants for me. I knew there were real plastic pants for bigger kids, or adults out there. But, I could never easily find any. Not back in the pre-internet days. When I was a kid, it was extra hard to find these things, just because you were a kid. I would mostly see those crumby ones I mentioned, in magazines my mom had. 

I bought my first plastic pants in the baby isle of a Price Chopper store, the size was XL.

I had never been attracted to plastic pants before seeing them, after I saw them, I could not think of anything else  had to have them.

I did have plastic suits, before I bought the pants, nothing felt as great as tight fitting plastic briefs.

On 12/30/2019 at 12:53 PM, DailyDi said:

They were my first washables, I found in a medical supply store. Remember the days when we had to buy our diapers from an overly helpful older woman in the a hospital supply shop lol

I remember these in pull on or snap on and their soft opaque vinyl as well.  All the hospital supply tors had the overly helpful women as well.  

Have not worn them in 38 years. About the only good thing one can say is that they were usable rubber panties for newbies. After that it is downhill. unless you could find the "Surgical" model, the material was very grainy and not that thick since they tore relatively easily and they were, like any AIO a bear to keep since they were made of two different materials, one of which dried quickly (the outer shell) but could not be put in a dryer and the liner, dryer safe but took a long time to dry on a bar or line. The crotch was quite narrow. They were good for one wetting before you had to swap out the insert and they usually came with only one of those. They did not fit over a reasonable diaper. They may be all right if you are a desperate newbie to the sport, want to relive some still-pleasant memories of your early days when that was all you could get, or feel like rubber-panty slumming. But if you are here, then they would be the bottom of the barrel; a baby's pedal tricycle in a world of Harleys, let the fact that I have not used them since1982, and those were a leftover, be your guide. They are not a good "main" panty. Maybe they would be all right under REAL baby-style panties but there is still the problem of drying them efficiently. A notch above throw-aways but that is all. Leaving out the snap-in insert, you could probably use them over throw-awyas as a leak defense if they are significant'y cheaper than the better onces from Gary or Babykins.. -1

The ones I remember, and it was probably from my brother when he was a baby, were the buttery soft vinyl waterproof pants. I also remember shower curtains that were made out of the same material. I haven't seen that sort of vinyl since the early seventies. I've had to get "modern" and make waterproof pants out of polyurethane laminate. I'm satisfied with how it works, but I miss the nostalgic feeling of those "real" rubber pants (as we called them even though they were probably vinyl). I've never used commercially manufactured pants since I'm handy with the sewing machine and can make my own diapering supplies.

Kleinert's had an adut size panty made from that which I first saw in 1963. By 1978 they had switched to the grainy material. In design they were better than the Pro Pant; more full-cut and with a wider crotch. The problem was that you could only get them at more high-end places like Shepherds in Providence or Edgar's in several places

On 1/29/2020 at 10:12 AM, BabyJune said:

I miss the nostalgic feeling of those "real" rubber pants (as we called them even though they were probably vinyl).

For me it was both. It seems to me bordering on Bizarro World that we feel the need to clarify in the world of the so=called cognicenti what 85% of the rest of the English-speaking world takes as the norm

On a related note, I have solved the problem of rhumba and fancy panties. As you know, persons have been advised by baby care professionals to avoid these because if either the liner or shell is torn, it is all over, well, the same goes fro cloth-lined rubber panties like the Pro Pant which has the problem of the fixed in place liner getting wet as well as the insert so that when you change the inser, the attached liner is still a bit wet and unsanitary, which also has the mixed-material drying problem. The babydoll I have on in my avatar is satin and came with matching panties. These are classic babydoll panties, very full cut to fit over a thick diaper and rubber panties with  5 tiers of ruffles all the way around, which is also what baby care professionals prefer to rhumba and fancy panties, which, in the case of children, can be worn without the diaper when potty trained. So if you have some of these panties and you have a few pair of pull-on rubber panties where the elastic is done, here is what to do

Cut 4 pices of the scratchy and furry parts of Velcro, about 2 - 4 inches each. Take the rubber panties and attach the pieces to the outside of the rubber panties at or just below the elastic, either with glue (Coop) or sewn, at the seams and center front and back. Do the same with the on the INSIDE of the cloth panty. When ready, you can attach and remove the rubber panty like a liner, or if you are using lined rubber panties,  do the same, except that the cloth will be on the inside. In both cases, use rubber panties that are at least 5 mil. You will want about 3 liners for each.  To be economical you can put two each of the furry and scratchy pieces on both the panty and liner being sure to use the same setup. If the panty has the scratchy pices in front and back and the furry pieces at the seams then ALL the liners will be the rerverse. If the sames of the liner and panties do not line up, then do the panties first, put them on the little and see where their attachment points are then put the ones on the liners accordingly

In both cases, you will be able to detach the liner(s) from the panties for washing and drying. For the cloth-lined rubber panties, to be like the Pro Pant set up attachment points at the fron't and back using one furry and one scratchy and do the same with the inserts, reversing the positions of the front and back. If you are using cloth-lined rubber panties, because of the width of the crotch and thing, you may have to custom-make the liners and inserts, making the liner and incerts about an inch or so narrower than the crotch width. Maybe this can be done by one of the manufaucturers like Gary or Babykins. This would be a better alternative to what is out there now in the case of both "Pro Pant" and rhumba/fancy panties

For sna-on panties, I would think you would have to use split side attachments on each side of the snaps on the "shell" and a similar split in the liner with Velcro on each side of it. The better snap-on's, like Gary, hav the snaps toword the front to accommodate side sleepers so you may want the attachment points at the rear to be longer, maybe 4". The idea here is to have removable liners to make care easier or replacement of a damaged shell or liner easier

I used Pro-Pants a lot in my late teens and early 20's'  Loved them.  Thought they looked very babyish at the time.  I would buy some Curity diapers and pin those on under the Pro-Pant.  I wish they still had them.  They'd be a great day time option I would think.

Thanks for that pic.