LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Issues with taped diapers falling down

I am just wondering anyone know of any good diaper covers as I am ASD as well as Incontinent I have tried a couple in australia but the pad slips and loosens currently wearing Molicare elastic 2 taped? Currently wearing these the largest they stock buit still too small Thanks
Unsure what I am doing wrong and it really annoys me?
Thanks
54 minutes ago, Pete671 said:

Have you tried wearing underpants over the nappy? 

Or maybe find a pull-up in your size?, I've found Always Discreet plus grade as good as the tape-ups I tried,,, 

Had issues with pull-ups as they fitted even worse

I am just wondering anyone know of any good diaper covers as I am ASD as well as Incontinent I have tried a couple in australia but the pad slips and loosens currently wearing Molicare elastic 2 taped? Currently wearing these the largest they stock buit still too small Thanks https://nightnday.com.au/products/stretch-mesh-fixation-pant-brief-washable-reusable?_pos=1&_sid=638ed3855&_ss=r&variant=35626877889 Unsure what I am doing wrong and it really annoys me? Thanks
Get yourself some good onesies or an Abena body stocking ,they are designed specifically to hold diapers where they need to be for best protection .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

On 12/23/2019 at 7:42 AM, sjaeger said:
I am just wondering anyone know of any good diaper covers as I am ASD as well as Incontinent I have tried a couple in australia but the pad slips and loosens currently wearing Molicare elastic 2 taped? Currently wearing these the largest they stock buit still too small Thanks
Thanks

One of the problems in sizing a diaper to fit an older child / adult is the proportional strength of the user. A chronological baby is not strong enough to stretch or tear the plastic of a diaper compared to the thickness of the plastic. As a result, a babies diaper does not suffer the issue of tapes coming loose.

With an adult sized diaper, the fixing methodology has to be in proportion to the strength of the user. This is usually not the case.

With a plastic backed diaper, there is a solution the I find reliable, but like all solutions in this scale, it is not perfect. I use lengths of adhesive tape from the center of the back of the diaper and across each fixing point to the center of the front of the diaper. As I said, it is not perfect, and at times, the tapes do fail - so I will place a pair of plastic pants over the diaper. If I am concerned about leaks, I will wear a pair of terry training pants over the disposable diaper first before the plastic pants. This tends to create a kind of bulky package, so the other way I handle same is to wear a pair of nylons / tights over the diaper instead.

With the new 'cloth-like' covers, I have still to find a semi-reliable solution... but I find that the velco type fixtures are weak at best, and if one tries to adjust, the loops of the diaper gets tangled in the hooks of the tape, which equates to reduced ability to stay.

If you don't want to spend the money on onesies, just buy some regular underwear or boxer briefs. I use form fitting boxer briefs over my diapers at work. They work great and breathe more than a onesie, which is especially useful when i have to be physical and sweat a lot.

Onsies are great, but it can be tricky to find which onsie fits you best. Each manufaturer uses a different cut so it always takes time and potentially multiple orders to figure out which onesie works for you.

Size is not an issue. Cloth-like diapers due to the thinner framework (plastic and cloth covering) they tend to stretch and sag more than a plastic backed diaper. This creates leaks at the legs etc.  Using a larger diaper, and the problem is increased.

The onesie solution / tight brief solution - to hold the diaper tighter to the body - exagerates the compression issue - where the padding is so compressed, it can't hold liquid. This compression issue is also created when one uses inserts inside a diaper. The correct sized diaper should equate the size of a pair of plastic pants - which is rarely the case due to manufacturing trends to make an adult diaper 'discrete' (which is the selling point)

No matter the size of the baby / toddler, when one places a diaper on same, it is ALWAYS visible, even the lines under clothes. This is not a problem for an AB/DL in private, but IS a problem to the human race... they seem to be disturbed (if we are to believe the manufactures) to see diaper lines on an adult EVEN if that adult if physically / mentally shown to be diaper dependent.

Side Question: Why do we have to conform to the image that society dictates? There really is nothing wrong with a baby wearing a diaper - and it is fully accepted that a baby wears a diaper due  to the babies control issues. Similar issues exist with adults.... why is it not accepted that an adult wears a diaper for the same reason?

*compression issue = space is so reduced (padding is so compressed / diaper so tight against skin), there is no space for urine to be absorbed. As a result, urine leaks out at weak points ( leg / waist / tape joints of diaper). Therefore, the best absorbing diaper is not the thickest, but the least compressed.

On 12/23/2019 at 5:42 PM, sjaeger said:
Thanks

I (mis)use women's shaping shorts.  They are comfortable, cheap, effective and readily available from Target, K-mart etc. in Australia.

https://www.target.com.au/p/firm-support-shaping-shorts/59455387

I also find they help with visual discretion, reduce noise and also help ward off leaks as they hold the nappy close to you.  I use these every day when at work or around the house.  I don't use them at night, using instead terry-lined plastic pants to deal with any leaks in bed.

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2019 at 6:36 PM, oznl said:

I (mis)use women's shaping shorts.  They are comfortable, cheap, effective and readily available from Target, K-mart etc. in Australia.

https://www.target.com.au/p/firm-support-shaping-shorts/59455387

I also find they help with visual discretion, reduce noise and also help ward off leaks as they hold the nappy close to you.  I use these every day when at work or around the house.  I don't use them at night, using instead terry-lined plastic pants to deal with any leaks in bed.

How do you launder terry-lined plastic pants, machine wash and line dry?

15 hours ago, WBxx said:

How do you launder terry-lined plastic pants, machine wash and line dry?

Yes, I will turn them inside out, machine wash them and line dry them in the shade.  They can be slow to line dry but I have four or five pairs so I rotate them around.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 3:09 AM, Rob110 said:

I use hockey tape to help keep my diaper snug, twice around while keeping pressure on the tape really helps. I also wear a onsie to keep the diaper inplace and hidden when I bend or stretch 

I thought I was the only one that used tape. I use electrical tape & diaper suspenders as a onesie is uncomfortable to me. My diaper choice is dry24/7 with a booster. They have changed the tapes and are much better but the tape gives me assurance so I’ll stay with them.

I also use hockey tape, but only about the length between outstretched thumb and pinkie, and placed evenly directly over the top of the diaper's tape.  This is sufficient and works well to hold the diaper tape in place.

To the OP, you should have a look at Onesies Downunder for onesies which will be the correct size and come in plain colours, as well as prints.  Yo should also think about maybe 4-tape diapers, not two-tape ones, and get away from the Molicares/Abenas.  Here in Australia, I've noticed a marked decrease in quality of the Moli's and Arenas in recent batches - the stretch tapes are really thin, held on by about 1cm of overlap with the backing sheet, and after about 30 minutes or so, tear off the backing sheet, so are useless, and the diaper will fall off or be really loose.  

NDIS + BetterDry or similar would be far better for you.