LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

wetting the bed for the first time as an adult?

fourtothefloor

uh so idk what happened here or even if this counts as "bedwetting" because it was such a small amount, but I'm curious what happened and wondering if I should be concerned lol. I don't think I ever wet the bed, even as a kid (other than once when I was a teen after passing out from alcohol). Last night I had a dream where I was in a locker room getting ready for swim practice, and them suddenly the dream shifted to me sitting on a toilet in the locker room trying to pee. After a few seconds I woke up at like 1am and was kind of confused because it felt like my bladder muscles were straining, and I realized that I was peeing little amounts consecutively, like I'd pee a little and then stop and then again and stop. I was so tired I didn't realize what I was doing until I noticed that my crotch was warm while the rest of my body was cold, and I touched it to realize it was wet. Most of it just got on my underwear & sweatpants, but it did leave a little spot on the sheets. I'm 23 and had no drugs or alcohol the day before, and nothing out of the ordinary in terms of liquid intake. I don't know if this would really be considered bedwetting or just bladder leaking or something, but should I be concerned? thought I'd ask here since you guys have some experience w this kind of thing & aren't judgey.

They're called "pee dreams".  I've had them, but only after a few months of being diapered 24/7 and even then, it wasn't 100% obvious if I'd wet my diaper during that dream or it was just wet from an earlier episode.

I kept on with 24/7 and the dreams went away.  Now I wake up once or twice a week in a wet diaper I can't remember wetting.

I certainly never happened "cold turkey" though.  I'd ignored warning signs and persisted with permanent night diapers.

13 hours ago, oznl said:

They're called "pee dreams".  I've had them, but only after a few months of being diapered 24/7 and even then, it wasn't 100% obvious if I'd wet my diaper during that dream or it was just wet from an earlier episode.

I kept on with 24/7 and the dreams went away.  Now I wake up once or twice a week in a wet diaper I can't remember wetting.

I certainly never happened "cold turkey" though.  I'd ignored warning signs and persisted with permanent night diapers.

Was it just from wearing every night though? I’m just starting to wear every night and am afraid I’ll somehow make myself a bedwetter (despite having no history of bed wetting even as a kid).

I woke up in the middle of peeing myself again ?it was a similar kind of thing where my bladder felt tight, and I'd let out spurts of pee in succession. It's at least a little funny how before I'm even aware that I'm peeing myself, my brain seems to realize enough to try and strain against it. Like my brain is only half-committed and realizes it shouldn't be doing this but does anyway lmao. I think I had another dream where I was sitting on the toilet starting to pee, but it was so confused and felt half-awake. I let out a lot more this time and feeling pretty perturbed about it.

15 hours ago, oznl said:

This is interesting, thank you for sharing. I guess it makes it less obvious that you're peeing yourself, so you don't wake up. Did you ever wet yourself in your sleep when you were younger?

I'm wondering if mine could stem from amphetamine withdrawal and high anxiety. I don't see anything online linking amphetamine withdrawal to bedwetting, but the timing makes me wonder. I've stopped taking my Adderall because I'm on Winter break w less responsibilities, but I started back on today so hopefully this doesn't happen again.

8 hours ago, thediaperedhusband said:

Was it just from wearing every night though? I’m just starting to wear every night and am afraid I’ll somehow make myself a bedwetter (despite having no history of bed wetting even as a kid).

Yes.  It wasn't until after a protracted period of 24/7 diaper use had passed that this phenomenon first occurred. 

5 hours ago, fourtothefloor said:

This is interesting, thank you for sharing. I guess it makes it less obvious that you're peeing yourself, so you don't wake up. Did you ever wet yourself in your sleep when you were younger?

I'm wondering if mine could stem from amphetamine withdrawal and high anxiety. I don't see anything online linking amphetamine withdrawal to bedwetting, but the timing makes me wonder. I've stopped taking my Adderall because I'm on Winter break w less responsibilities, but I started back on today so hopefully this doesn't happen again.

I stopped wetting the bed shortly after age 2 (so I've been told) and I started again back in last August, 52 years later so, yes, but a LOT younger - enough to be irrelevant I think ?   It still doesn't happen anywhere near every night or even most nights but it is slowly trending upwards.  Last night I clearly remember waking and using my night diaper in bed two or three times which is the more common practice.

I've got no clue on the drug interactions sorry.  Somebody else qualified in that field may.  I think in my case it's simple conditioning.  My subconscious knows it's "ok" to pee in bed these days through long habit and so I don't always fully rouse when doing so.

49 minutes ago, oznl said:

Yes.  It wasn't until after a protracted period of 24/7 diaper use had passed that this phenomenon first occurred. 

I stopped wetting the bed shortly after age 2 (so I've been told) and I started again back in last August, 52 years later so, yes, but a LOT younger - enough to be irrelevant I think ?   It still doesn't happen anywhere near every night or even most nights but it is slowly trending upwards.  Last night I clearly remember waking and using my night diaper in bed two or three times which is the more common practice.

I've got no clue on the drug interactions sorry.  Somebody else qualified in that field may.  I think in my case it's simple conditioning.  My subconscious knows it's "ok" to pee in bed these days through long habit and so I don't always fully rouse when doing so.

Thanks! I’m unfortunately going to have to label this as a risk worth taking in my case. 

On 12/23/2019 at 5:40 PM, thediaperedhusband said:

Thanks! I’m unfortunately going to have to label this as a risk worth taking in my case. 

I’m concerned as well about bed wetting if I stop wearing at night.

I just started wearing every night now for about 3 months.

I still sorts remember wetting the diaper as I wake a little and just go.

However it does seem when I take off my diaper in the morning it just seems much wetter than the amount I thought I had peed in the night so now I’m thinking should I just wear from now on.

i love being in them but I guess I will see

4 hours ago, Rachael-Little said:

However it does seem when I take off my diaper in the morning it just seems much wetter than the amount I thought I had peed in the night so now I’m thinking should I just wear from now on.

This seems to be the mechanism at play for me. 

As I don't make any effort at control, I've usually dribbled a little into my night nappy walking around in the 15m or so between changing into it and getting into bed.  Although it *has* (very rarely) happened that I've fallen asleep believing myself to be completely dry and woken up to find myself not dry at all (the alcohol fairy did it), the more common scenario is I'll go to bed having dribbled a little and wake up the next morning a lot wetter than I think I should be and with an empty bladder.

This happened again this morning.  Woke up, got out of bed to make coffee and realised walking down the hall that I had zero need to pee and my night nappy was hanging heavy around me.  I still don't know if I am wetting in my sleep or merely not waking enough to remember wetting whilst semi-awake.  I guess it doesn't matter.

16 hours ago, oznl said:

This seems to be the mechanism at play for me. 

As I don't make any effort at control, I've usually dribbled a little into my night nappy walking around in the 15m or so between changing into it and getting into bed.  Although it *has* (very rarely) happened that I've fallen asleep believing myself to be completely dry and woken up to find myself not dry at all (the alcohol fairy did it), the more common scenario is I'll go to bed having dribbled a little and wake up the next morning a lot wetter than I think I should be and with an empty bladder.

This happened again this morning.  Woke up, got out of bed to make coffee and realised walking down the hall that I had zero need to pee and my night nappy was hanging heavy around me.  I still don't know if I am wetting in my sleep or merely not waking enough to remember wetting whilst semi-awake.  I guess it doesn't matter.

Nope -all that matters is that its wet in the morning and your bed is not :)

On 12/22/2019 at 2:18 PM, fourtothefloor said:

After a few seconds I woke up at like 1am and was kind of confused because it felt like my bladder muscles were straining, and I realized that I was peeing little amounts consecutively, like I'd pee a little and then stop and then again and stop.

I'm not sure this is really bedwetting. For me bedwetting always meant and means losing bladder control in my sleep and waking up soaked.

On 12/22/2019 at 11:18 AM, fourtothefloor said:

uh so idk what happened here or even if this counts as "bedwetting" because it was such a small amount, but I'm curious what happened and wondering if I should be concerned lol. I don't think I ever wet the bed, even as a kid (other than once when I was a teen after passing out from alcohol). Last night I had a dream where I was in a locker room getting ready for swim practice, and them suddenly the dream shifted to me sitting on a toilet in the locker room trying to pee. After a few seconds I woke up at like 1am and was kind of confused because it felt like my bladder muscles were straining, and I realized that I was peeing little amounts consecutively, like I'd pee a little and then stop and then again and stop. I was so tired I didn't realize what I was doing until I noticed that my crotch was warm while the rest of my body was cold, and I touched it to realize it was wet. Most of it just got on my underwear & sweatpants, but it did leave a little spot on the sheets. I'm 23 and had no drugs or alcohol the day before, and nothing out of the ordinary in terms of liquid intake. I don't know if this would really be considered bedwetting or just bladder leaking or something, but should I be concerned? thought I'd ask here since you guys have some experience w this kind of thing & aren't judgey.

I had to respond because I experience basically the exact same symptoms!

I don't consider it bedwetting either, I would personally describe it more as bladder leaking. I never soak the sheets or anything like that, but when I have these dreams + leaks, I wake up to noticeable amount of pee on my boxers and pjs, and only occasionally does it leave a small stain on the sheets.

My dreams usually involve me in some situation diapered and desperate to pee. In basically every dream, I realize that I'm diapered so I don't need to hold it and then I release. I soon wake up to find myself wet, and can feel myself leaking and immediately clench.

Like you I wasn't a bedwetter as a kid. I started experiencing this around the age of 27. I'm 29 now, and its happened more to me over time. It still doesn't happen that often, and I noticed it does happen to me more when I'm stressed and/or experiencing a lot of anxiety in my life.

I'm not sure if you wear diapers and wear/wet them a lot, but I do and always kind of thought that's what's lead to these accidents. From the ages of 26-present I wear at least a pull up to bed at night more often than not - and I only seem to experience these accidents when I'm not! I've also tried untraining a few times, so I think intentionally trying to weaken my bladder has worked to some extent. I still feel very much in control of my bladder despite some small leaks here and there.

TBH I haven't been too concerned about it, as it hasn't progressed to large accidents, but on the flip side I also wouldn't really mind if that happens to me eventually.

• Like 1
On 12/23/2019 at 2:44 PM, thediaperedhusband said:

Can I ask why you're worried about becoming bedwetter? If you go to bed diapered surely you wouldn't mind waking up wet?

17 minutes ago, DaveeBEd said:

Can I ask why you're worried about becoming bedwetter? If you go to bed diapered surely you wouldn't mind waking up wet?

My thoughts entirely. I go to bed wearing a nappy and plastic pants expceting to wake soaking wet every morning

3 hours ago, orp73 said:

Sometimes I have dreams that I'm trying to find a bathroom. The other night I dreamed that I was in a public restroom but all the stalls and urinals were occupied and other guys waiting in line and I  really had to go. I woke up that morning wet. Variations of that dream happens quite frequently with me. I can't remember the last time I woke up dry. Have you ever had this happen to you? 

I subconciously know when dreaming if I am wet because my dreams are always much more vivid.

As for waking up wet it is a ase of how wet as I never wake up dry now.

On 1/7/2020 at 10:02 AM, DaveeBEd said:

On 1/7/2020 at 10:15 AM, stevewet said:

My thoughts entirely. I go to bed wearing a nappy and plastic pants expceting to wake soaking wet every morning

While many people love the idea of having to wear diapers 24/7 or to bed every night and wouldn't have it any other way, many of us do not and never want to wet the bed for real or take any chances that wearing diapers will eventually cause us to unknowingly wet the bed.  We may really enjoy wearing diapers to bed now and then or even most of the time, but we still cherish our night time control.  Likewise while many folks here don't care who knows they wear diapers, many of us do care and never want friends or family to find out about our fetish.  We may have situations where we have to spend the night at family's houses or go on trips sharing a hotel room with friends.  Not everyone considers this fetish as a full time lifestyle.  To many like me, it's just one thing in my normal every day life that I enjoy doing but it's not my sole passion or life's goal to wear diapers all the time or end up as a real bed wetter.

20 hours ago, thediaperedhusband said:

Because I don’t want to NEED to wear diapers at bedtime. I wear a majority of nights but I also value the occasional nights where I just don’t feel like it. 

Excellent!  There are many of us like this out there!  What's one man's treasure is another man's trash so to speak.  I rarely wear diapers to bed but I do on occasion.  I greatly value and enjoy my normal time sleeping most night without diapers on, even when it means getting up 4 times a night to pee.

3 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Excellent!  There are many of us like this out there!  What's one man's treasure is another man's trash so to speak.  I rarely wear diapers to bed but I do on occasion.  I greatly value and enjoy my normal time sleeping most night without diapers on, even when it means getting up 4 times a night to pee.

I am one of those who is growing tired of getting up too many times each night to pee. I wear all day (OAB), but I like the idea of not relying on diapers at night. However, the time wasted getting up each night is wearing on me. In another group, this issues has been discussed, and I'm considering that possibility.

• Like 1

Hi WetDad

Getting uninterrupted sleep or at the very least being able to simply pee in your diaper then fall back to sleep makes a big difference, I gave up the fight years ago as most times I never  made the bathroom any ways.  We all try to keep what control we have left but unfortunately most times its slowly slipping away any ways we just expend a lot of energy and worry rushing to the bathroom multiple times a day or night and our success rate slowly deaerates and we endup using the diaper anyways.

I have no regrets on my decision to simply use my diaper as I am wet more often then not and I have found I sleep better (most nights) and have less stress during the day not having to race to find a bathroom when out and about.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Rob110 said:

Hi WetDad

Getting uninterrupted sleep or at the very least being able to simply pee in your diaper then fall back to sleep makes a big difference, I gave up the fight years ago as most times I never  made the bathroom any ways.  We all try to keep what control we have left but unfortunately most times its slowly slipping away any ways we just expend a lot of energy and worry rushing to the bathroom multiple times a day or night and our success rate slowly deaerates and we endup using the diaper anyways.

I have no regrets on my decision to simply use my diaper as I am wet more often then not and I have found I sleep better (most nights) and have less stress during the day not having to race to find a bathroom when out and about.

I couldn't agree more.  My sleep is important to me.

14 hours ago, rusty pins said:

While many people love the idea of having to wear diapers 24/7 or to bed every night and wouldn't have it any other way, many of us do not and never want to wet the bed for real or take any chances that wearing diapers will eventually cause us to unknowingly wet the bed.  We may really enjoy wearing diapers to bed now and then or even most of the time, but we still cherish our night time control.  Likewise while many folks here don't care who knows they wear diapers, many of us do care and never want friends or family to find out about our fetish.  We may have situations where we have to spend the night at family's houses or go on trips sharing a hotel room with friends.  Not everyone considers this fetish as a full time lifestyle.  To many like me, it's just one thing in my normal every day life that I enjoy doing but it's not my sole passion or life's goal to wear diapers all the time or end up as a real bed wetter.

I honestly think I’d easily turn over to the other side given enough encouragement, but since the whole wearing to bed thing is new to my wife (and me), I doubt she’s going to start insisting that we put my diapers on every night. If she did, then I’d have no problem just making it a mandated thing. I think over time she will get used to it and perhaps even change me into them, so this is a possibility. That said, nights away may still be a challenge even with this arrangement. I see no universe where she is excited to have to bring a diaper bag to her parents’ house or on vacation. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was wondering where to share a very similar experience and stumbled across this thread. If I've ever wet the bed as a child, it was in my early childhood and I have no recollection of it. That out of the way, to my little event.

I had driven back from where I'm based for my compulsory military service. I admit I was too tired to even be behind the wheel that day, but stupidly and neglectfully drove home anyway, luckily without an incident. Shortly after getting home I went out like a light in my bed regardless of the time being shy of 8 pm. I woke up once, I guess around 3 am. I think I felt my bladder was quite full, but being as tired as I was I was able to dismiss it and go back to sleep in no time. I saw a dream, the dream typical to every other ABDL story. I was in one of the bathrooms in my house, peeing. As you may already guess, I woke up little past 7 am, peeing myself in bed. I managed to stop it as soon as I had stirred awake. I got my boxers all wet, the mattress got a spot as well and neither did the duvet cover survive without one. That was perhaps one-fifth of my bladder, so I was lucky to wake up to it as soon as I did.

It got me concerned, since nothing like that had happened to me as far as my memory goes. It hasn't happened again yet and it has been a week. It seems to stay a one time thing. I've had a medical issue after medical issue since the beginning of my service. I sure don't want bedwetting to be added to the list.