LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Latter Day Saints??

Today some people came to the door. I mistakenly thought they were Jehovah's Witnesses but they said they were Latter Day saints. They asked if they could share some information about Jesus and I said " no thank you because I had tried Bible study with the Jehovah's witnesses earlier and couldn't get my head around it." I also didn't want to give them a false idea that I would convert. ( I did not say this but it was a reason I said no because I believe it happened during the Bible study with the witnesses) They left but after some thought I wondered if I made the right decision. As a Buddhist I am supposed to be open to many views and aware that a teacher can come in many forms.

What do other Christians do in situations like this?

Why do so many Christians go door to door?

Latter Day Saints are Mormon's from the Utah area and followers of Brigham Young. They believe in the book of Mormon, as well as the Bible. They don't believe that Jesus Christ was the Savior of the world, but that he was a good profit.

Other Christians may appreciate the effort evangelists make or most often decline and prefer to stay at their own church or bible study. As to why they go door to door it’s mission work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bible states that our mission is go into the world and spread the gospel, or good news of Jesus.

The Great Commission

(Matthew 28:16-20)

14Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. 15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

The Great Commission - Its Significance for Christians
The Great Commission is the end of a Gospel and the beginning of faith in action for all Christians. This command from Jesus is significant because it's a personal instruction for Christians to have a profound faith in Jesus Christ as indicated in verse 18. "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me." This is an incredibly powerful statement which demands faith in Jesus Christ, validating His power in the lives of Christians and their commitment to Him. This verse acts as a clear claim to Christ's omnipotence, and therefore His deity. If Christians do not believe this statement, complete faith does not exist. Jesus is very clear about His authority in the world -- it is complete and total from the beginning of time itself (John 1:1-3).

In verse 19, Jesus gives His believers specific directions to follow after they have affirmed their faith. "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." Jesus calls all His followers to act and share the Good News of salvation throughout the world. People hear this calling and travel each year on missionary trips throughout the earth, spreading the word of Jesus Christ. Many Christians have made incredible sacrifices, traveling to remote regions of the world beyond the civilized cities into jungles and deserts. Mission fields can also be very close to home. It could be a neighbor who has not heard the Good News, or a poverty stricken area just down the road where people can't afford Bibles. In the 21st century, the Internet has become a mission field where people can reach out and share Christ's love. The places and people who need to hear the Gospel are everywhere!

Another important aspect of verse 19 is that Christ is specifically teaching the doctrine of the Trinity to His followers. The three Persons of the Godhead are each equally and fully God and here presented in the logical order of Father, Son and Holy Spirit - yet only One God from the beginning (see Romans 1:20).

Finally, in verse 20, Jesus provides specific direction with affirmation to His followers, "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Christians are instructed to teach others about Jesus Christ and the entirety of His truth. We can't profess Christ as Savior and Lord, while rejecting certain of His teachings. As we teach Christ's truths, verse 20 declares that we can be confident, in faith, that Jesus Christ will support us. This fact has proven trustworthy throughout the centuries as millions of believers have heard, accepted and shared the Good News of Jesus Christ. Yes, Christ has ascended back to heaven, but He is present by the power of the Holy Spirit in every believer!

The Great Commission - A Personal Calling
In the Great Commission, Jesus calls every Christian to step out in faith and spread the Good News. This is faith in action! People who obey this command change their spiritual lives forever! It could be spreading the Good News to a neighbor or moving to another country to reach the people there. It could be sharing with less fortunate kids down the street or spreading the Word in a town two hours away. Wherever we go, every faithful Christian is compelled through obedience to share the Gospel. If you're a believer in Jesus Christ, where has He called you to go? Who has God put on your heart to share the gift of salvation? What small or large steps can you take, with the knowledge that Christ will be by your side, "to make disciples of all the nations"?

• 5 months later...
On 12/21/2019 at 3:21 PM, Fulldiaper said:

Latter Day Saints are Mormon's from the Utah area and followers of Brigham Young. They believe in the book of Mormon, as well as the Bible. They don't believe that Jesus Christ was the Savior of the world, but that he was a good profit.

I’m LDS, we DO believe Jesus was the savior and he side on the cross for our sins ?

I’m also not from Utah, originally I’m from the UK 

• 4 weeks later...

They'd of probably been good to chat with LeaveIt2Me. While I don't subscribe to LDS theology, I have always found the missionaries to be pretty wonderful people to talk to.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 12:51 AM, bug.mania said:

I’m LDS, we DO believe Jesus was the savior and he side on the cross for our sins ?

I’m also not from Utah, originally I’m from the UK 

Do LDS's believe that the only way to salvation is through Jesus Christ? 

John 14:6 ESV, NIV

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

On 12/21/2019 at 3:21 PM, Fulldiaper said:

FYI: The name of the church is: "The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints:

1. Yes, we do believe Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world -- we believe Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, and other latter-day presidents of our church are 'good prophets'...but it always was, and will be that we worship JESUS CHRIST, the same who died on the cross and who atoned for our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane.

2. Members of our church live all over the world

Not trying to be a jerk here, but I hear this often: that we don't believe in the true and living Savior - Jesus Christ, or we believe 'some other Jesus' which couldn't be further from the truth.

• 3 months later...

In in the states and have a friend who is Mormon and went on his mission after high school. I think the misunderstanding is most mormon missionaries are "from" Utah. My friend left ohio to go to Provo to learn the national language where he was going and from there went overseas. In the states missionaries all go to Utah and from there they get sent out on their missions. 

My aunt grew up Catholic and converted to Jehovah witness. As a Catholic I just don't get it. They don't believe in the Holy Trinity and believe its almost like a devil (can't think of the right wording). They don't celebrate christmas or birthdays. My aunt won't give gifts to anyone nor will she sing to anyone. They also don't believe in getting blood transfusions.

• 4 months later...

Mormons are legit, they kind of have a controversial origin story, but the message is peace.

Granted, if you don't want to speak to missionaries, just explain that you have concerns about allowing strangers into your home during the COVID crisis and now isn't a good time.

If you REALLY want to know what Mormons are all about (the good, the bad, the ugly), then http://www.mormonthink.com/ probably has what you're looking for. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/14/2021 at 2:10 PM, MrValens said:

Visit jw.org and you’ll understand after you watch their videos. 

Wha? Why would you go to the Jehova's Witness site to understand what Mormons think?  Why not the Mormon's website (comeuntochrist.com).