LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First time posting- DIY diapers.

Kenjidesade

So. I recently decided to switch to cloth, as coming up for disposables money every month hasn't been sustainable. I didn't want to spend a lot of money buying cloth diapers I wasn't sure I was going to like, so I decided to make my own! I got a bunch of flannel on sale, as well as all the bells and whistles (Velcro, snap buttons, elestics, etc). I also picked up some PUL (polyurethane lined) fabric to try making diaper coverers. Maybe I'll even try making some AIO or AI2 (All in one or all in two) diapers as I feel more confident in my abilities. I used an ABU space diaper to make a pattern.

So far I've made four pocket diapers from this pattern and four stuffers and couldn't be more excited. I'm averaging about 11 bucks a diaper. The soakers are 8 layers of flannel and seem to be absorbing better than I expected. 

There are pros and cons, of course. I never realized how much I relied on the bulking of disposables to help me decide how close to a change I was. Cloth diapers also feel a lot more wet against the skin. There are ways to combat this, but honestly that's a pro for me. The biggest con so far though is that they seem too thick for daytime wear and I don't want to go lighter on the layers, only to have to change multiple times at work. I plan to experiment more. Maybe with some Terry or Birdseye, though my initial tests had flannel as the winner for both thinness and absorbancy. Terry is super absorbant, but also 2-3 times thicker. I'll get better pictures of the diapers and their construction if people are interested, but for now I'm attaching the photos of my first prototype diaper. IMG_1253.thumb.JPG.e9404fd8782f2b48c75ec5c1290a3579.JPGIMG_1257.thumb.JPG.c911e56acc9525e9816a5685aa8c3610.JPGIMG_1254.thumb.JPG.39f52f19658479e62242ad3c49a1e188.JPG

IMG_1258.JPG

This is about my diapers