LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Thrift store haul

Joep

Man, I'm glad I don't live where you guys do!  $9 for a pack of thrift store diapers is about three times more that I pay on an average for Goodwill and thrift store diapers.

It was a 20 count [emoji2371]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I spend an average of $3 to $4 for a new unopened 18 to 24 pack of diapers.  I wear large and usually Prevail, Mekesson 18 packs are about $3 and Attends 24 packs are about $4 per pack.

Shoot! We need to go thrifting together

I spend an average of $3 to $4 for a new unopened 18 to 24 pack of diapers.  I wear large and usually Prevail, Mekesson 18 packs are about $3 and Attends 24 packs are about $4 per pack.

I always hit up the Goodwill stores and any thrift stores I run across when I'm out of town shopping.  The more stores you stop in to check out, the better your chances are of finding good diaper deals!  I too have a local thrift store that used to be around the $4 range for diapers and there must be more DL's and AB's than me in my area because they would sell out.  Now they ask $12 for a package!  Christian thrift shops are supposed to be helping low income people, not charging them outrageous prices for donated items!  Yes, when I go in there now and then the same over priced packages of diapers are still on the shelves collecting dust!  I look for thrift store bargains and if the price of diapers is too high, I forget about it!  And Joep, if I was ever in your area I'd be glad to go on a thrift store diaper hunt with you!  Just as long as you didn't buy them all for yourself!

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 3:17 PM, PoopyDiaperDude said:

I just picked up four packages of Tranquilty ATN diapers for $15.96 at the local thrift store.

Woot!

At the risk of sounding like Rusty Pins, I know of a Thrift Giant (chain store) in my area that may still have about 8 bags of medium size Tranquility ATN for $4.99/ea.  I bought one a month ago after someone here mentioned they saw them and I recognized the roads he mentioned.  I wear LARGE rather than MEDIUM, but they were still okay, although a little snug.

(EDIT: Just saw you bought FOUR (4) bags for $16.00.  That was a slightly better price than my one bag for $4.99 (20% less per bag).  Anyway, below are some of the best retail prices I've seen so far for them.

Careway Club

X-Small (qty 10) - $9.99     Case (qty 100) - $93.99
Small (qty 10) - $10.99       Case (qty 100) - $101.99
Medium (qty 12) - $13.99   Case (qty 96) - $106.99
Large (qty 12) - $15.99        Case (qty 96) - $124.99
X-Large (qty 12) - $18.99    Case (qty 72) - $118.99

• 2 weeks later...

I buy a lot of my diapers at a local store that carries closeouts, fire and freight claims from insurance companies and things like that. You never know what they have in stock but they always have diapers and pull ups in stock. My girlfriend and I go in and check the diaper wall regularly. When they have Tranquility ATN’s in stock in mediums we get a shopping cart and go back and buy most or all the mediums they have. They sell them for $5 a bag of 12. This last trip I was so excited when they had some mediums that I didn’t see they were not ATN’s and bought the 5 bags they had. When I got home I found out they are Tranquility slims which have half the capacity of the ATN’s. Obviously I am wearing them for regular daytime use and they are still better than what you get at the drugstore or supermarket. I can’t complain about a plastic backed diaper with okay absorbency for about 33 cents each, it’s just a much better deal when I get ATN’s for that price.

Hugs,

Freta

Can't beat the price, but I was really dismayed at how bad the slimlines were.  I was really expecting them to be my goto daytime diaper, but they couldn't take it.   Even the Walmart/Sams house brand was better.