LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

You are getting old, if…. 

Mysterion

you remember using real silver coins as every day currency.
I see your silver coins and raise you silver & gold standard notes ,our money today is only money for as long as our government says it is ,we left any actual basis for our money long ago, today only bankers are allowed to pay for goods or services with precious metal , you and I would get arrested for trying it .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

On 1/3/2020 at 3:55 PM, le Hollandais said:

Oh now......that's just asking for trouble. ?

That would be true -- If she could remember her own name!

You're old if you can remember seeing kids being spanked in public places.  The ladies rest room usually had a outer room with a chair or two.  I saw (and maybe was seen) more than a few kids getting  it there.  And a fair number getting it on the bare bottom.  Oh as someone else mentioned, my garage has a Western Electric rotary phone.  And they are right far better sound.

• Like 1

When you watch TV specials from the 1960's like "Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer" or "The Homecoming Walton's Christmas" and there are references to the women like, "This is man's work" and "A woman's place is in the kitchen".

If you remember "I like Ike"

Gas stations with attendants who not only pumped you gas but also cleaned your windshields and checked your oil for you!  Then you gave him your $5 for a full tank of gas and he took it to the register and brought your change back to your car.  Good luck buying your bag of chips and Avion water!  On the other hand, if you needed a new car battery, tire or windshield wiper blades they would gladly accommodate you!

• Like 1
On 1/6/2020 at 5:56 AM, rusty pins said:

Gas stations with attendants who not only pumped you gas but also cleaned your windshields and checked your oil for you!  Then you gave him your $5 for a full tank of gas and he took it to the register and brought your change back to your car.  Good luck buying your bag of chips and Avion water!  On the other hand, if you needed a new car battery, tire or windshield wiper blades they would gladly accommodate you!

I remember those days very well.

48 minutes ago, AbabeBill said:

You’re getting old if, all you do is talk about the stuff you use to do when young. 
“When I was young, we didn’t have no flying cars”. ? 

Oh: I dunno. It could be that there is nothing worth talking about now. Fabines vs Kleinert's panties. You tell me which is more interesting, Pampers Cruisers vs Empire (paper or plstic). Onesies vs real babydolls. plushes vs dolls

5 hours ago, BabyJune said:

I remember being graded on penmanship for writing in cursive when I was in third grade.

The printing press and universal literacy, as a desired policy if not an acutal fact, have killed off cursive. it is now properly part of calligraphy and has not been taught in Europe for many decades. It comes from a time when writing was not universal and a tool of the upper classes and before machanical typing or even paper, was readily available. Also it can be too idiosyncratic to be quickly or easily read. It was not until the ball-font typewriter that cursive could be competitive, by which time, as a medium of mass communication, it was already doomed. It is still great for signatures (which you do not want to be easily duplicated), but calligraphy is an "enrichment", not a core subject. I do not even physically write and have not since 2008 or so. It would be far better to teach typing than "penmanship". And we are approaching the age of voice typing as well, which enables the blind (the origin of "touch" typing over a century ago) or those without good motor skills to use writing

Because, in the ancient world, most writing was done by hand, those civilizations had some form of cursive writing to speed the process

Also, and this was well-known for generations. Cursive writing also displayed gender differences. In the mid 1980's, If I wanted to, I could write like a girl quite readily. At least that is what I was told by those to whom I chose to display that ability and some of the take-aways in my About Me>Part Deus have very girlish fonts included in them. The key charterisitic of feminine writing is that it is very slanted to the right and the letters are well-formed and flow very well, a discussion of which I was a part at Girltalk. to back in about 2000. So, if yo want girlish fonts pick up the "calling card" zip file and install the fonts http://other.sandralyn.net/cardkit_readme.html

The printing press and universal literacy, as a desired policy if not an acutal fact, have killed off cursive. it is now properly part of calligraphy and has not been taught in Europe for many decades. It comes from a time when writing was not universal and a tool of the upper classes and before machanical typing or even paper, was readily available. Also it can be too idiosyncratic to be quickly or easily read. It was not until the ball-font typewriter that cursive could be competitive, by which time, as a medium of mass communication, it was already doomed. It is still great for signatures (which you do not want to be easily duplicated), but calligraphy is an "enrichment", not a core subject. I do not even physically write and have not since 2008 or so. It would be far better to teach typing than "penmanship". And we are approaching the age of voice typing as well, which enables the blind (the origin of "touch" typing over a century ago) or those without good motor skills to use writing
Because, in the ancient world, most writing was done by hand, those civilizations had some form of cursive writing to speed the process
Also, and this was well-known for generations. Cursive writing also displayed gender differences. In the mid 1980's, If I wanted to, I could write like a girl quite readily. At least that is what I was told by those to whom I chose to display that ability and some of the take-aways in my About Me>Part Deus have very girlish fonts included in them. The key charterisitic of feminine writing is that it is very slanted to the right and the letters are well-formed and flow very well, a discussion of which I was a part at Girltalk. to back in about 2000. So, if yo want girlish fonts pick up the "calling card" zip file and install the fonts http://other.sandralyn.net/cardkit_readme.html
If you can add,subtract,multiply & divide but look at your 6th graders math book and it's Greek to you why they complicate it so much ,my generations common core is from Ben & Jerry's !

9 hours ago, Cruiser 03 said:

If you can add,subtract,multiply & divide but look at your 6th graders math book and it's Greek to you why they complicate it so much ,my generations common core is from Ben & Jerry's !

You are getting old if your 6th math book IS Greek and was autographed by Pythagoras "To a real a^2+b^2. don't stick your neck in a hypoteneuse"

• Like 1