LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Disney’s Galaxy’s Edge

Yea, it is as good as you think it would be, perhaps better.  Wow, such detail and an Immersive experience with awesome interaction.  Arrived this morning at 7am and got to ride Smugglers Run (great), and waiting for our time slot for Rise of the Resistance.  I predict Galaxy’s Edge will be it’s own park in several years.  

I am not a fan-boy, but I grew up in the 70’s and 80’s with Star Wars and all the merchandise, so I am geeking out.  

Highly recommended.

Joey

5ECBA18A-D592-4A21-8067-D8A4959E2DB5.jpeg

E88D6351-5D6B-4725-A326-EDC882FBC7E0.jpeg

02E61DDC-6CB5-4877-9ED5-50F455AA18B0.jpeg

B1EEA223-32AB-46BE-96C8-678AA1963130.jpeg

14EEFE4D-2CE5-492D-9A30-44A647C215BD.jpeg

CD2E23F6-B2CF-471F-8F43-23E910450D5B.jpeg

Old school Star Wars fan.  I remember when episode 4 hit the theaters in 1977.  We had never seen anything like it before and were totally blown away!  Personally, I think the Millennium Falcon is right up there with the USS Enterprise as the greatest space ship ever!  Just to be able to stand in front of a life size replica would be awesome

On another note, I am old school and while I have enjoyed the newest Star Wars movies, I am very disappointed at the plots, especially the last one.  I know you have to introduce new characters as the original actors are in their 70's or reaching it fast.  Just the idea that Luke would turn his back on the Force like he did was very off putting to me.  Even Obi Wan did not desert the Force when he became a hermit.  He was biding his time until he could teach Luke one day and bring new life to the Force.  Luke just turned his back on the Force and that goes against what I think is a good plot.  After all, he is the center figure the stories revolve around.  BB8?  Again I'm old school and R2-D2 will always be the best.

The newer star wars movies are just fan movies ,rusty and I were the target audience in 77 to give the movie lift and carry it to greatness.

When Lucas sold to Disney, it was a money making opportunity and strictly speaking Disney has cheapened the franchise by writting fan movies ,sure temporarily they are making money ,but in many cases they have lost the lifelong fans ( I haven't watched a single star wars under the new ownership) sure they want to create a new target audience to carry the franchise into the future, however sacrificing essential characters and dare I say "ancient" parts of what made the story so lovable and lasting is stupid and reckless .IMHO

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love the old Star Wars movies,I have watched the new ones but honestly I think they suck, they have not got what the originals had.In my book Disney has destroyed the franchise.I will watch the last one just to see how the saga ends.

I bought it, but havent even watch "The Last Jedi" yet.   I agree that the story line is quite lacking. Basically rehashing the old story line with new characters.  Hardly original. 

Oddly, I found Rogue One was quite good.  Solo.... not so much.

As a fan that has read nearly all SW books published (and several dozen of them in hardbacks), I was quite disappointed that Disney chose to completely ignore 30 years of canon story lines.  (Lucasfilm actually kept some control over characters and timeline - if an author killed a character off... new writers couldn't just write them back in; storylines could continue with other writers; etc.) 

I too am a fan of the original trilogy, but I have to enjoy episodes 1-3 and the newest 7,8 (eventually 9) and the back story movies.  Yes, Disney bought the rights to the franchise to make money, oh well.  Yes, some of the story has been adjusted to meet their profit strategy including tweaks for the current movie going audience.  Just enjoy the movies for what they are, entertainment.  The modern special effects are leaps beyond what Lucas could of ever imagined (the remastered original trilogy shows that).  

I still prefer the original 3, but the latest iterations are just continuations.  I take pleasure in the fact that the story continues after being adopted by the latest generations. 

I'm a child of the 70's and was 8 years when "New Hope" came out and was the coolest movie anybody had ever seen.  I didn't get into it until Empire, which is one of the coolest movie going experiences I've ever had.

Despite being a little- I can't separate the adult in me that is wondering how this is being done.  As a kid- you feel like your there, but the adult would know this a really cool re-creation, and I would be looking at what's going on in the background.  That would still be a really cool place.

As for the movies.  I've bought into the hype almost my entire adult life.  I was so looking forward to the prequels.  Not standing in line at midnight trying to watch the first showing- but first weekend watching.   The less said about the first one the better, the second one was visually stunning- but the story sucked.  The third one was a CGI overload, and once I watched it- I've seen better.   I blamed George Lucas and Disney bought it.  They make good stuff, and JJ Abrahms is a decent director, so I had faith.    And "Force Awakens" wasn't a terrible movie.   I bought into the story of Rey.  I thought Rogue One was really good.  Star Wars was back. 

And then some idiot let Rian Johnson mess with "The Last Jedi".  Whoever wrote that, and allowed that to happen to Star Wars should be sent to Siberia and allow them to bring one item to survive.   I will not be watching the Rise of Skywalker until I hear that all the damage done to Star Wars by Rian Johnson was undone.  Make it all a dream sequence.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 7:08 AM, rusty pins said:

Old school Star Wars fan.  I remember when episode 4 hit the theaters in 1977.  We had never seen anything like it before and were totally blown away! 

On 12/6/2019 at 4:24 PM, Cruiser 03 said:

The newer star wars movies are just fan movies ,rusty and I were the target audience in 77 to give the movie lift and carry it to greatness.

+1  I even loved the original soundtrack so much that I bought the 8-track tape and played it on my new Yorx AM/FM/8-Track clock radio in '77-81.  I used it as my nightly lullaby and it was several weeks before I could get to sleep without it once I got married in '81.

+1  I even loved the original soundtrack so much that I bought the 8-track tape and played it on my new Yorx AM/FM/8-Track clock radio in '77-81.  I used it as my nightly lullaby and it was several weeks before I could get to sleep without it once I got married in '81.
I have the limited edition CD box set for the original movies that i play ,i have the LP records in the attic put away , i collect music ,at this point i make most radio stations look small,but some stuff is tucked away safe ,if you buy something that says collectors edition its cheap mass produced crap , the stuff thats original is valuable .

I remember my grandparents Granada (The crown Vic of its day ) my grandfather built a box that I sat on that housed his 8 tracks , I do have a friend in Canada that still plays his reel to reel collection ,he has stayed in the past with amps with tubes and reel to reel ,well I leap frogged to future on SACD .

There were exceptions to the "Collectors' Edition" being crap.

Until I sold them for far less than they were worth, I had two albums: Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" and The Beatles' "Magical Mystery Tour" that were made by "Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab", half-speed mastered.  This is why:

1. New record dies were cut after a much fewer pressings than normal albums
  2. Dies were cut with the platter spinning at 1/2 normal speed (instead of 33 1/3 rpm, it was 16 2/3 rpm).  The recording gain was increased
  3. The master tapes were run at 1/2 normal speed with increased gain
  4. The vinyl used on the records was a special vinyl that retained the more detailed groove patterns better and more playbacks

This made for albums with much better detail and separation than standard mass-produced albums would give.

Check out http://www.mofi.com

• Like 1
On 12/20/2019 at 5:08 PM, WetDad said:

I just discovered Amazon's "The Expanse" and I've been binging my way through it. Pretty good SciFi in 45 minute installments.

It's really from SyFy, not Amazon.   But SyFy management are a bunch of idiots and cancelled the show at the end of season 3.  So, I guess Amazon stepped in and picked it up for Season 4 (and 5 now in production).

Of course, I cancelled my prime membership because it has become a joke regards to product shipping and availability.  And Amazon doesn't release blu ray versions of their programming.  I am not paying streaming for life just to be able to watch a program again!

It's really from SyFy, not Amazon.   But SyFy management are a bunch of idiots and cancelled the show at the end of season 3.  So, I guess Amazon stepped in and picked it up for Season 4 (and 5 now in production).
Of course, I cancelled my prime membership because it has become a joke regards to product shipping and availability.  And Amazon doesn't release blu ray versions of their programming.  I am not paying streaming for life just to be able to watch a program again!
I discontinued prime and using amazon about 2 years ago , they ripped me off of $100 on a return, and like you say shipping and availability aint there ,what can we expect Bezo's is making money ,that's all that matters .

• 4 weeks later...