LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Advent calendars

Stroller

Well it's December, so Christmas is nearly here.  I came downstairs on Sunday and there were two advent calendars waiting for me for the countdown.  First there was the old cloth one with 24 pockets under a cloth Christmas tree.  In each pocket is a cloth bauble to hang on the tree, and, crucially, a chocolate.  This one we've had since the kids were small, but now they're gone, it's mine!  At least, until they get back from college.

The second one is a Harry Potter Lego advent calendar, with a model for each day.  So far I've got Harry Potter, a tiny Hogwarts Express, and today it was two Lego Christmas trees.  Brilliant.  And this one's mine all the way up to Christmas - the kids won't get a look in.

We LOVE our advent calendars ? my Wife has one from David's Tea with a different tea each day, I have one from Purdy's which my Wife fills with my favourite dark chocolates, Daddy has a Kinder one because he just loves Kinder and then we custom fill one for our dog from treats we buy her at Pet Expo each year.

Each day we take a couple of moments after dinner and open them together as a family while we all snuggle on the couch together ??

Our advent calendar is a Disney Advent box that we put chocolates in. My favorite Christmas chocolate is the Ghirardelli dark chocolate peppermint squares. We alternate the types of chocolate, so one day is the dark chocolate peppermint squares and the next day is Godiva dark chocolate ganache hearts. Our Advent calendar has 25 days so we daddy and I get to have chocolate on Christmas Day as well. I also have a felt Frozen Advent calendar on the wall and I move the snowflake to the next day each night before I go to bed.

• 4 months later...