LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Today was able to wet while driving! First time.

DL-Boy

Today I went to our local area ABDL munch and after leaving the munch to head home, I realized I needed to pee after I got on the road.  I've tried many times in the past to wet my diaper while driving and even at traffic lights while waiting for them to turn green and haven't ever had much success in the past, unless I was parked.  I was wearing a fairly well used Abena Abri-Form Premium XL4 for the first time in public since I had my surgery in late October (pressure of the diaper would cause a lot of pain in that area, early on).  Although I had to concentrate on releasing my bladder while also navigating the road and encountering bumps on the road, I found I was successful in voiding my bladder during the trip home.  Most of the trip I was "edging" (if that term can be used in regards to peeing).  I mean that I was on the verge of release and could feel it right there but it wouldn't flow.  While on the edge a little push got things flowing for an ounce or two at a time, until the road vibration caused me to tense a bit.

I'm marking 12/1/2019 as the first day I have ever been able to pee in a moving vehicle under my own control.  I don't know if this means that I'm becoming more accustomed to using a diaper in unusual places or if it's a sign of progression of some condition (OAB, Urge Incontinence) or simply successful conditioning.

• Like 2

Congratulations: another inhibition bites the dust!  Generally speaking I don't have a problem doing this but as a lifelong DL and heading for a year 24/7, there's been a lot of practice.

Generally my morning work diaper gets just a tiny bit damp on the commute into the office but its not much.  I'm not sure if is so much a driving thing as the car seat and my diaper applying some pressure to my urethra.  Even as a passenger, I can be prone to getting a little "stuck" some times.

Toughest position to use my diaper was riding a motorbike, that never did work that well.  I'd get terribly uncomfortable and then automatically wet myself the moment I lifted myself off the seat to dismount.

....having the urge to pee and not being able to must feel like you're getting ready to explode!!! Gotta feel painful doesn't it??? But once it goes, it's got to be like a geyser explosion??? LOL

9 hours ago, babypb said:

....having the urge to pee and not being able to must feel like you're getting ready to explode!!! Gotta feel painful doesn't it??? But once it goes, it's got to be like a geyser explosion??? LOL

Not painful, in my experience.  When you're wetting freely anyway, your bladder's not uncomfortably full when you start wetting.  Or that's what happens to me anyway.  When I'm sitting on my urethra (eg on a hard chair, or sometimes when driving) then it does feel like I'm going to explode though.  I just shuffle about, raise a buttock off the seat, and then it flows out anyway.  It's no big deal once you're used to it.

It could be a combo of getting use to using your diaper or an increase in loss of control due to your OAB issue either way you are on the path to using your diaper any time any place as you adapt to being diapered. Wearing a diaper you can trust and changing into a fresh diaper more often helps speed up the progress at least it appears that way as I recently I am in a fresh diaper only for a very short time 10 minutes or so before I start to pee again with out warning.  

• Like 1

As oznl says, it's an inhibition thing I would say, it took ages for me to wet myself in public the first time, but now use it to pass the time in a queue or waiting for a train, sometimes I welcome train delays as an opportunity to wet myself,,, 

Practice, practice, practice, is all it takes, lots and lots of practice. Been wearing diapers for over 30 years now and at first I had troubles wetting my diapers, now I find I can wet my diapers doing just about anything except riding my motorcycle. 

I am able to wet while driving - the nature of my job occasionally requires me to be behind the wheel for hours at a time. However, it still requires some deliberate effort and concentration to accomplish, whereas wetting while sitting at my desk, for example, only requires the vaguest of "permissions" in order to occur. I have been 24/7 for about 8 months now. 

I have urge urinary incontinence and often wet uncontrollably when I feel the need to urinate. However, when I’m driving, I can’t wet. I’ve had a number of quite painful experiences when I despairately  needes to urinate while driving, but couldn’t. However, as soon as I pull over and start to get out of the car, the flood gates open.

v

12 minutes ago, adhb said:

I have urge urinary incontinence and often wet uncontrollably when I feel the need to urinate. However, when I’m driving, I can’t wet. I’ve had a number of quite painful experiences when I despairately  needes to urinate while driving, but couldn’t. However, as soon as I pull over and start to get out of the car, the flood gates open.

v

Does your vehicle have a foot rest on the left (outer) side of the driver floor?  (UK/Japan and other "Left side of road" countries, it would be on the right side of the driver floor).

The foot rest allows me to reduce the amount of weight I put in my seat when sitting, and the angle of my seat back allows me to sit with less of my perineum against the seat than perhaps you are.

• 2 months later...
On 12/3/2019 at 12:10 PM, Nappies4me2 said:

Being able to pee while driving has made my many trips a breeze. Nothing worse than being stuck on the NJ Tpk when you have to pee...

How did you get to the point where you just released when driving. How long did it take to condition yourself and what did you do? Thanks!

On 12/3/2019 at 9:44 AM, Little Sherri said:

I am able to wet while driving - the nature of my job occasionally requires me to be behind the wheel for hours at a time. However, it still requires some deliberate effort and concentration to accomplish, whereas wetting while sitting at my desk, for example, only requires the vaguest of "permissions" in order to occur. I have been 24/7 for about 8 months now. 

Other than wearing diapers 24/7 and peeing when you feel you need to.  Os there anything else you did to make peeing automatic. I'd like to get to the same point. I jus thg started my journey I've been 24/7 for about 2 weeks now. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you

24 minutes ago, CharMeckDL said:

How did you get to the point where you just released when driving. How long did it take to condition yourself and what did you do? Thanks!

Other than wearing diapers 24/7 and peeing when you feel you need to.  Os there anything else you did to make peeing automatic. I'd like to get to the same point. I jus thg started my journey I've been 24/7 for about 2 weeks now. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated! 

I can still coax myself to pee while operating a moving vehicle but it takes quite a bit of coaxing.  Honestly, the way I manage is that I lightly rub that area through my pants to trigger the pee.  I find a similar stimulus needed when my bladder goes into lock-down at night if I let it fill up too much.  At night, I have to pull the diaper away from my pee-pee and rub my fingers along the edge of it to trigger myself to wet.

12 hours ago, CharMeckDL said:

For me, it's just about having regularly "gone" for most of the last year - IE, every 15 - 30 minutes at most. I find diapers are a lot more reliable and durable with frequent dampening events than they are with infrequent deluges, so my habit has been to almost continuously tinkle. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I get distracted and let enough time go by that I feel a significant urge to go, but, generally, I have developed the habit of responding to the slightest of urges by releasing, so, at this point, it happens standing, walking, sitting, lying down, driving, and probably while hang-gliding, were I into hang-gliding. To paraphrase the theme song from Frozen, "Let it go, let it go" is my motto. Eventually you'll get to a point where not going is where effort comes in, rather than the inverse. 

22 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

To paraphrase the theme song from Frozen, "Let it go, let it go" is my motto. 

Funny...  at work when I don't know exactly what I'm doing and I'm just "faking it", my motto has always been from Dory on "Finding Nemo":

"Just keep swimming!"

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, DL-Boy said:

Funny...  at work when I don't know exactly what I'm doing and I'm just "faking it", my motto has always been from Dory on "Finding Nemo":

"Just keep swimming!"

I like that. I also like a quote from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" .... "Play the game, Harding, play the game."

1 hour ago, Little Sherri said:

For me, it's just about having regularly "gone" for most of the last year - IE, every 15 - 30 minutes at most. I find diapers are a lot more reliable and durable with frequent dampening events than they are with infrequent deluges, so my habit has been to almost continuously tinkle. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I get distracted and let enough time go by that I feel a significant urge to go, but, generally, I have developed the habit of responding to the slightest of urges by releasing, so, at this point, it happens standing, walking, sitting, lying down, driving, and probably while hang-gliding, were I into hang-gliding. To paraphrase the theme song from Frozen, "Let it go, let it go" is my motto. Eventually you'll get to a point where not going is where effort comes in, rather than the inverse. 

How long did it take you to get to the point where.yoy simply.released without thinking about it? 

8 minutes ago, CharMeckDL said:

How long did it take you to get to the point where.yoy simply.released without thinking about it? 

I'm not sure. I wouldn't say that I can release without thinking about it at all, even now, it's just that it seems like some of the gates are down, so to speak, so when I feel an twinge, which I now do quite frequently, I don't really push, I just kind of give permission to the last gate in the system to open, after which I lose track of exactly what's going on, unless it's been a while, and there is a stronger flow, in which case, I'll feel it more. But it doesn't happen without my starting it during the day, as far as I know. Sometimes when you're in a modern diaper that's already a bit damp, it's hard to tell for sure. But given that I still get a muted "notification" every 15 - 30 minutes, I assume that nothing is happening in the interim. If I ever stop feeling like I have to go, then, I would assume that somehow autopilot has taken over. 

But as to not thinking about where I am or what position I'm in, that comes with practice, basically. Although that ability has occasionally failed me when I'm maybe sitting in a weird position on the floor, for example, say, playing with the dog, and I absentmindedly tinkle, but I'm half on my side and "pointed" (if you get what I mean) at the border of the diaper, and I get a damp spot on the back or side of my pants.