LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Diapers Do You Wear To Bed?

I have to wear a molicare to bed, they aren’t the most comfortable, but they hold really well, I’ve never come close to leaking in them

On 11/27/2019 at 11:48 PM, ks84 said:

1 what brand do you wear

Molicare

2  Do you wear the same night diaper that you wear in the day, or are your night diapers more absorbent, thicker and longer lasting than your day diapers?
 Goodnites for school, tranquility’s at home and Molicares to bed

3  What do you like best about the diaper you have chosen to wear to bed?
Doesn’t leak, 

4  Has it always worked well for you?
Haven’t had a leak since I switched to them

5  Do you ever get up in the morning and find that your diaper has leaked or is it soaked but not leaking?
Soaked every morning, but it’s never leaked on me

6  How many hours can your night diaper last you on average before you start to have a problem or it starts to leak?
Bedtime is 9 for me, I get up around 5:30 

7  Do you ever have to get up in the middle of the night to change diapers if it's soaked or too wet?

i can’t change myself, so middle of the night changes aren’t possible  

• Like 1
On 11/26/2019 at 6:42 AM, rusty pins said:

I'm curious about those who wear diapers to bed nightly to see what brand that they wear.  Some questions are, what brand do you wear?  Do you wear the same night diaper that you wear in the day, or are your night diapers more absorbent, thicker and longer lasting than your day diapers?  What do you like best about the diaper you have chosen to wear to bed?  Has it always worked well for you?  Do you ever get up in the morning and find that your diaper has leaked or is it soaked but not leaking?  How many hours can your night diaper last you on average before you start to have a problem or it starts to leak?  Do you ever have to get up in the middle of the night to change diapers if it's soaked or too wet?  If you wear a different diaper in the day, what is the major difference between your night diaper and your daytime diaper?

I typically tend to go with something heavy duty for nighttime use. My usual go-tos are ABU LittlePawz, ABU PeekABUs or Tykables Little Rawrs. 

I’ll wear them sometimes during the day too. I’m not a 24/7 wearer, but if I have less opportunity to change when I wear or have a longer uninterrupted period of time to wear, I’ll go thicker. Otherwise, I’ll stick to a Cushies, LittlePawz, or lighter Tykables for day use.

I like the ABUs and Tykables for two different reasons for night use. I’ve been an ABU fan ever since I got into ABDL, and their products just work well. It’s a sense of familiarity over anything else. As for the Tykables, they are slowly becoming my favorite diaper brand. Their fit is 100% perfect for me, the hook and loop tabs make readjustment a breeze, and they perform well. Plus, the designs are great without being too overdone or busy.

For context, I am not the heaviest wetter at night, though I am by no means the lightest either. The LittlePawz can make it through the night, but by morning they’re usually close to, if not at capacity. The Little Rawrs and PeekABUs hold up better and still have some room to spare once morning comes. I can usually get through breakfast or that first big morning wetting without issue. I’d say 8 hours in the LittlePaws and at least 12 hours in the other two.

Any issues I have from leaks are from one of two different sources: either I didn’t do the best job taping to begin with, or sometimes the ABU diapers will either stretch and become loose, or the taping panels will lose their adhesiveness and begin to detach from the back sheet. I can’t say I’ve ever had that issue with the Tykables, which definitely is a plus. I can say I never have to change in the middle of the night due to my diaper reaching or exceeding capacity though.

The one thing I will say is I tend to sleep on my back, stomach or somewhat on my side when I’m diapered, though I’m strictly a side sleeper when I’m not. I’m also in the process of incorporating some cloth diapers in to shake things up, so my answers might change in a little while.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/22/2019 at 12:49 AM, Newbee said:

Rearz safari and I won’t be changing my brand of nighttime diaper anytime soon because my hubby likes these ones the best.

Have a link?  Maryland store diapers suuuuck!

On 1/16/2020 at 10:00 PM, Sparkle Dust said:

Have a link?  Maryland store diapers suuuuck!

Umm... you know that ABU has their east coast distribution center in Maryland?   And that you can stop by there during business hours and buy direct?  If it's not that close, also realize that it would be only 2 days (business) shipping.

7393 Washington Blvd Suite 104, Elkridge, Md

As far as Rearz goes (rearz.ca) --- they're in Ontario Canada, so unless you want to take a very long road trip (they do have a store front too) - mail order only.   I have no knowledge of any shops that would carry them.

90 percent of the time I sleep in thick cloth diapers and plastic pants from Babykins, covered by terry lined plastic pants that go over the whole thing. I'm a sporadic wetter at night and this combo rarely fails to keep my bed dry. On nights were I'm home most of the next morning I'll sometimes sleep in my diaper from the evening before ( usually a Betterdry), and wake up and then enjoy a good messy diaper for a while if no one else is around. I don't really like pooping in a cloth diaper.      

I usually wear my daytime diapers with a diaper cover, and possibly with an extra layer (such as a night-time cloth diaper).

I used to use heavier night diapers than day diapers, but my incontinence has worsened to the point that for practical purposes I really need top-of-the-market diapers in the daytime; there isn't much further up I can go. To supplement my diapers at night, I use bed protection, and may use ultra-heavy diapers (such as multiple layers of cloth pin on).

I occasionally have diaper leaks. I pick my night diapers specifically because they can comfortably get through 8-12 hours without leaking.

I do occasionally have to get up in the middle of the night to change my diapers.

I wear Abena Abri-form Comfort (plastic) L4 to bed.  In a pinch I will wear the Abri-Form Premium L4 (cloth backing).  I've also ordered a bag of Tranquility ATN XL but I'm not sure if I'll wear them to bed because I think they're probably considerably less absorbent than the Abena L4 offerings.

Always Discreet plus grade at night, I get up to pee at least once during the night, sometimes they are a bit wet even then,,,

Daytime I often use Drynites Pajama Pants (girl style age 8-15) if I'm not going to be out of the house much, I can feel free to wet them around the house, and no embrassesment in public as a result of wet trousers,,, 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2019 at 10:12 PM, rusty pins said:

I'm curious about those who wear diapers to bed nightly to see what brand that they wear.  Some questions are, what brand do you wear?  Do you wear the same night diaper that you wear in the day, or are your night diapers more absorbent, thicker and longer lasting than your day diapers?  What do you like best about the diaper you have chosen to wear to bed?  Has it always worked well for you?  Do you ever get up in the morning and find that your diaper has leaked or is it soaked but not leaking?  How many hours can your night diaper last you on average before you start to have a problem or it starts to leak?  Do you ever have to get up in the middle of the night to change diapers if it's soaked or too wet?  If you wear a different diaper in the day, what is the major difference between your night diaper and your daytime diaper?

Our preference has always been thick terry nappies and high-waisted plastic pants. At present however, circumstances have My baby wearing largesize highwaisted disposables to bed.

10 hours ago, rosalie.bent said:

Our preference has always been thick terry nappies and high-waisted plastic pants. At present however, circumstances have My baby wearing largesize highwaisted disposables to bed.

I just wish there was a disposable that was effective for side sleepers.  I can always tell if I've wet on my side as my terry-lined trainers have "taken one for the team".

3 hours ago, oznl said:

I just wish there was a disposable that was effective for side sleepers.  I can always tell if I've wet on my side as my terry-lined trainers have "taken one for the team".

It is why for most of the last 30years my baby was in cloth and plastic pants. it is only in our current circumstances hat we are forced into disposables.

11 hours ago, rosalie.bent said:

It is why for most of the last 30years my baby was in cloth and plastic pants. it is only in our current circumstances hat we are forced into disposables.

I'd cheerfully wear cloth every night if I could.  I don't mind the "wet" feeling (it's actually strangely comforting and more "warm" than "wet"), it's greener, it's cheaper and VERY unlikely to leak in bed.  It's the laundry logistics (we both work) and lack of odour control (my wife hates the wet nappy smell) that prevent this.  I wear cloth usually two nights of the week before wash day. 

I imagine in your case it must be logistics for some reason since you're most likely accustomed to occasional nappy smells after 30 years!

I'm fortunate that I seem to have reached the point where my bedtime wettings are high frequency/low volume so disposable leaks in bed are much rarer than they were a year ago but they are still not unheard of.  I'd never dare sleep in a bed in just a disposable, I'd need some protection over it.

9 minutes ago, oznl said:

I'd cheerfully wear cloth every night if I could.  I don't mind the "wet" feeling (it's actually strangely comforting and more "warm" than "wet"), it's greener, it's cheaper and VERY unlikely to leak in bed.  It's the laundry logistics (we both work) and lack of odour control (my wife hates the wet nappy smell) that prevent this.  I wear cloth usually two nights of the week before wash day. 

I imagine in your case it must be logistics for some reason since you're most likely accustomed to occasional nappy smells after 30 years!

I'm fortunate that I seem to have reached the point where my bedtime wettings are high frequency/low volume so disposable leaks in bed are much rarer than they were a year ago but they are still not unheard of.  I'd never dare sleep in a bed in just a disposable, I'd need some protection over it.

We sold our large house and moved to a small rented place without any private drying facilities which made cloth nappies unviable. Also, all the cloth nappies and plastic pants were worn out so we had to use disposables. If we get the money to buy a house again, I will will move my baby back to cloth nappies and plastic pants. But that could take a while. 

Cloth nappies are much better at night and I find them fare more babyish, especially with frilly plastic pants.

8 minutes ago, rosalie.bent said:

We sold our large house and moved to a small rented place without any private drying facilities which made cloth nappies unviable. Also, all the cloth nappies and plastic pants were worn out so we had to use disposables. If we get the money to buy a house again, I will will move my baby back to cloth nappies and plastic pants. But that could take a while. 

Cloth nappies are much better at night and I find them fare more babyish, especially with frilly plastic pants.

Ah, I see.  Yes, and tumble-drying nappies constantly uses a lot of power, creates a lot of heat and doesn't do the nappies much good either.  Line-drying nappies remains a low level friction point in our relationship.  I guess it would be possible for a neighbour on one side to identify adult-sized nappies and plastic pants on our line if they hung off the right balcony at the right angle but frankly, they'd have to work at it and then connect the dots on what they could see.  If they are that keen on laundry forensics, good luck to them I say.  All my gear is plain colours and sans-frills so in a worst-case scenario, it would appear to be pathological rather than psychological.

A unit or flat however with common area lines would be a different ballpark.  Hopefully you will get the opportunity of getting back some personal space again and not just for nappy laundry.  I think I'd go a bit mad in a high density living environment.

Wouldn't you have similar problems with disposing of nappies in a flat?  I've been awfully impressed with how bulky and heavy a week's worth of used adult nappies is!  A lift or a few flights of stairs would be a real challenge.

9 minutes ago, oznl said:

Ah, I see.  Yes, and tumble-drying nappies constantly uses a lot of power, creates a lot of heat and doesn't do the nappies much good either.  Line-drying nappies remains a low level friction point in our relationship.  I guess it would be possible for a neighbour on one side to identify adult-sized nappies and plastic pants on our line if they hung off the right balcony at the right angle but frankly, they'd have to work at it and then connect the dots on what they could see.  If they are that keen on laundry forensics, good luck to them I say.  All my gear is plain colours and sans-frills so in a worst-case scenario, it would appear to be pathological rather than psychological.

A unit or flat however with common area lines would be a different ballpark.  Hopefully you will get the opportunity of getting back some personal space again and not just for nappy laundry.  I think I'd go a bit mad in a high density living environment.

Wouldn't you have similar problems with disposing of nappies in a flat?  I've been awfully impressed with how bulky and heavy a week's worth of used adult nappies is!  A lift or a few flights of stairs would be a real challenge.

We are renting a house, but it is quite small so it isnt pragmatic to line dry nappies. Our old house had a large well-hidden clothesline which was perfect for cloth nappies. And yes, a weeks worth of wet and dirty nappies can be quite a load! I'd go crazy in flats. ugh! 

My answer to a weeks worth of wet/messy adult disposables: a large shallow plastic tote/box with a hand dolly to wheel it to the dumpster...  that and Schwarzenegger strength to lift the bag (his "Mr. Universe" days strength, not his strength today, although it is probably worlds more than my strength.)

9 minutes ago, DL-Boy said:

My answer to a weeks worth of wet/messy adult disposables: a large shallow plastic tote/box with a hand dolly to wheel it to the dumpster...  that and Schwarzenegger strength to lift the bag (his "Mr. Universe" days strength, not his strength today, although it is probably worlds more than my strength.)

We dump more often than once a week. They pile of wet and messys gets big and heavy very quickly.

17 minutes ago, rosalie.bent said:

We dump more often than once a week. They pile of wet and messys gets big and heavy very quickly.

Yep, I hear you.  Although just wet ones, my house is on three levels on a steeply sloping block.  Failing to regularly empty the nappy bin in my study will create weighty problems.

What type of disposables do you use for night?  I'm using Molicare slip maxi but I'm always on the look out for tips from others as to products that might be better (or no worse, but cheaper).

7 minutes ago, oznl said:

Yep, I hear you.  Although just wet ones, my house is on three levels on a steeply sloping block.  Failing to regularly empty the nappy bin in my study will create weighty problems.

What type of disposables do you use for night?  I'm using Molicare slip maxi but I'm always on the look out for tips from others as to products that might be better (or no worse, but cheaper).

After trying all the ABUs and most of the Rearz one we have found the ABU Space to be a gret night nappy. It is high-waisted and with impervious plastic outers. The bunnyHops and Dinorawz have plastic backings that will 'ooze' when very wet and since he gets VERY wet at night that isnt very good. Also, if you buy them by the half-case they are well priced. Also, the PeekABUs are superb and never seem to leak, but are more expensive. Given the money we might get some of the rearz ones since they are great and even the tykables, but money is very tight so price is THE important point at the moment.

I wish ABU would sponsor my baby!!  (yeah right!)

10 minutes ago, oznl said:

I love flat blocks. Our last house was on a 800sqm block almost dead flat. same where we are now only 300sqm

20 minutes ago, rosalie.bent said:

After trying all the ABUs and most of the Rearz one we have found the ABU Space to be a gret night nappy. It is high-waisted and with impervious plastic outers. The bunnyHops and Dinorawz have plastic backings that will 'ooze' when very wet and since he gets VERY wet at night that isnt very good. Also, if you buy them by the half-case they are well priced. Also, the PeekABUs are superb and never seem to leak, but are more expensive. Given the money we might get some of the rearz ones since they are great and even the tykables, but money is very tight so price is THE important point at the moment.

Thanks for that!  It looks like the "ABU Simple" might be the plain version of the ABU space.  If you buy them by the case (8 packs), the unit price is actually quite reasonable although the shipping charges were silly (this is more likely a website issue as they currently call that out).  The ABU simple might be a viable alternative to the BetterDry which has been out of stock for a while.

1 hour ago, oznl said:

Thanks for that!  It looks like the "ABU Simple" might be the plain version of the ABU space.  If you buy them by the case (8 packs), the unit price is actually quite reasonable although the shipping charges were silly (this is more likely a website issue as they currently call that out).  The ABU simple might be a viable alternative to the BetterDry which has been out of stock for a while.

ABU postage calcs are dumb. Buy a half case or full case and the postage is quite reasonable and the unit prices are good.