LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Night Court

I've been watching the 1980's sitcom Night Court on DVD.

I've now seen two distinct references in the early seasons which probably seemed just weird or nonsensical to most audiences at the time, but on a re-watch I really think are ABDL references.

. . .for a sitcom in the 1980's, that seems pretty uncommon.

First, in the episode "Halloween, Too" (Season 3, Episode 5, aired October 31, 1985), Harry, the main character meets a woman and falls in love.  They're both quirky and free spirited.  They come back into the courtroom and talk about how they took a carriage ride though Central Park.  Then they explain it was a baby carriage, and spent turns pushing each other through the park in a baby carriage, turn to each other, and start making baby talk at each other.

At that point, Dan (the very kinky sex-maniac prosecutor) turns to Christine (the uptight, straighlaced public defender) and goes "Everyone's kinky. . .except you."

Could just have been acting quirky, but then a couple of years later, in the episode "New Year's Leave" (Season 4, Episode 11, aired December 18, 1986), a case comes before the court on New Years of a young man who legally changed his name to "1987" and appears in court in only a cloth diaper. . .he wants to be the living embodiment of Baby New Year.  When he realizes that being detained will keep him from the New Years festivities, he escapes.  They begin to search the courthouse for him.

That leads to this exchange:
Bull (Bailiff): "Dan, where would you be if you were wearing a diaper?"
Dan: "At home, entertaining a few close friends."

(Cue the laugh track and confused look from Bull)

Watching those episodes 30+ years after they are made makes me wonder if they had an ABDL on the writing staff there back then.

On 11/25/2019 at 8:37 AM, DiaperedJoe said:

I've been watching the 1980's sitcom Night Court on DVD.

Could just have been acting quirky, but then a couple of years later, in the episode "New Year's Leave" (Season 4, Episode 11, aired December 18, 1986), a case comes before the court on New Years of a young man who legally changed his name to "1987" and appears in court in only a cloth diaper. . .he wants to be the living embodiment of Baby New Year.  When he realizes that being detained will keep him from the New Years festivities, he escapes.  They begin to search the courthouse for him.

That leads to this exchange:
Bull (Bailiff): "Dan, where would you be if you were wearing a diaper?"
Dan: "At home, entertaining a few close friends."

(Cue the laugh track and confused look from Bull)

Watching those episodes 30+ years after they are made makes me wonder if they had an ABDL on the writing staff there back then.

...that was a great episode!!! Then the detective came back in only in a cloth diaper & his hat. He said the "escaped 1987 Baby New Year" held him up with a safety pin!!! Bull looks over and said "Then whats holding up your diaper!!!" F'kin great!!!