Autism Spectrum

Autism Spectrum  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Are you on the Autism Spectrum?

• Yes, professionally diagnosed
    • I have not been diagnosed, but I think I have it
    • No, I’m not on the spectrum

On 2/4/2020 at 11:02 PM, scif788 said:

Anybody else have Autism Spectrum Disorder and incontinent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do have both and under active bladder and spinal issues but issues with toilet training as a young child

• 2 weeks later...

diagnosed as high functioning, back when it was either low mid or high functioning

however, i am far from highly intelligent.

to me, high functioning means that i can do most basic things on my own with little assistance. in other words highly able to function

i feel like HFA has a rep that we are all brainiacs and it's not always the case

• Like 1
On 1/4/2024 at 8:40 PM, lil_stinkie said:

diagnosed as high functioning, back when it was either low mid or high functioning

however, i am far from highly intelligent.

to me, high functioning means that i can do most basic things on my own with little assistance. in other words highly able to function

i feel like HFA has a rep that we are all brainiacs and it's not always the case

I’m kind of in the same boat as you are. However, the biggest thing I’ve struggled with growing up, is fighting back against everything that I’ve heard about being retarded or being stupid.  Am I a genius? Far from it, but I know I am intelligent and capable enough to do the work that I do as a night auditor, and have pretty much all but guarantee continued employment.

On 1/6/2024 at 2:55 AM, astrodiaper said:

I’m kind of in the same boat as you are. However, the biggest thing I’ve struggled with growing up, is fighting back against everything that I’ve heard about being retarded or being stupid.  Am I a genius? Far from it, but I know I am intelligent and capable enough to do the work that I do as a night auditor, and have pretty much all but guarantee continued employment.

I have ASD, ADHD, and total incontinence.

On 1/10/2024 at 7:33 AM, TGalactic2012 said:

I have ASD, ADHD, and total incontinence.

I was supposedly the first kid diagnosed with autism in the school district. I did speech therapy and occupational therapy during my elementary school years. ADHD? I suspect it, but no official diagnosis. 

Incontinence? Not exactly. I am a diaper lover, though there are some instances where diapers come in handy.  Traveling mostly.  There are some things in my early childhood that supposedly happened, that likely triggered my love of diapers. (Nothing I care to discuss)