LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When Did You First want to be a Kid again?

TalkBoy

Hi all,

I'm wondering when you first had the desire to go back to being a kid again. For me, it started when I was 12. Technically I was still a child, although barely so. There had been a lot of changes since 4th through 6th grade, and I started to really miss the second and third grade years. Of course it wasn't perfect, but it was a whole lot better than the "now", still is. So how about you?

Thanks in advanced for responding.

CJ

On 11/23/2019 at 9:46 AM, Kiddo said:

This is such a great question, CJ. When I was a chronological boy, I tried too hard to be "all grown up," and my family encouraged me in that in what I now can see were unhealthy ways. It cheated me out of my childhood. So it wasn't until later in life that I realized what I had lost and how much I craved it. When I was in college, I remember associating my interest in writing with being a child still -- that my imagination was child-like. But the deep desire to return to boyhood probably began about 10 years ago. Not only was it a matter of recognizing that I had lost my boyhood, that I had sacrificed it in order to meet the expectations of others, but I also realized how much I still was a boy deep down, and how much I was happiest when I was living and behaving like a boy. Toys. Coloring. Adventuring. Reading boys' books. I decided at that time to do all I could to make my life match these desires and inclinations.

Paul

Hey thanks for responding! Although our stories are different, we seemed to have arrived at about the same place. That active imagination is also what atracts me to being a kid. So adventuring and reading boys books are something I enjoy as well.

5 hours ago, Alex Bridges said:

The first time I paid rent.

Hey that's a good one!

On 11/22/2019 at 5:23 PM, CJ the DJ said:

Hi all,

I'm wondering when you first had the desire to go back to being a kid again. For me, it started when I was 12. Technically I was still a child, although barely so. There had been a lot of changes since 4th through 6th grade, and I started to really miss the second and third grade years. Of course it wasn't perfect, but it was a whole lot better than the "now", still is. So how about you?

Thanks in advanced for responding.

CJ

Hmmm...about the time I got my first job and discovered how expensive car insurance was. Actually, I always wanted to stay a kid--preschool so I could stay at home and play all day. Now I'm retired, so I guess my wish came true.

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2019 at 3:46 AM, Kiddo said:

This is such a great question, CJ. When I was a chronological boy, I tried too hard to be "all grown up," and my family encouraged me in that in what I now can see were unhealthy ways. It cheated me out of my childhood. So it wasn't until later in life that I realized what I had lost and how much I craved it. When I was in college, I remember associating my interest in writing with being a child still -- that my imagination was child-like. But the deep desire to return to boyhood probably began about 10 years ago. Not only was it a matter of recognizing that I had lost my boyhood, that I had sacrificed it in order to meet the expectations of others, but I also realized how much I still was a boy deep down, and how much I was happiest when I was living and behaving like a boy. Toys. Coloring. Adventuring. Reading boys' books. I decided at that time to do all I could to make my life match these desires and inclinations.

Paul

This sums up many of the thoughts I have had, especially the trying to please others aspect. I was a bedwetter until I was 12, never a dry night and I knew I was a disappointment to my parents. I am also dyslexic (which was almost unknown in the 1950s) so a very low achiever. My greatest pleasure as a kid was riding my bike to the local park in London where we lived, where I would stay all day on my own in my little boy fantasy land. I made good in business but still retain my childish/creative needs for toys and nappies. Funny old life!

For me, I don't have an age when I wanted to be a kid again. I always wanted to remain a child. I never really wanted to grow up. Since I can remember, I never really had the desire to be "grown up." I did grow up because I had to, but a big part of me has always remained a child. People in my "big boy" world often say that I have a child like quality about me. They say it in a good way, not an insulting way. If they only knew how right they are in saying that.

I never really grew out of it I suppose. I just never stopped enjoying cartoons, video games, etc. 

Not so keen on violent anime as I was as a teenager, or Anime in general. I don't know why, just can't suspend my disbelief. 

On 1/1/2020 at 3:08 AM, Pampertimmy said:

For me, I don't have an age when I wanted to be a kid again. I always wanted to remain a child. I never really wanted to grow up. Since I can remember, I never really had the desire to be "grown up." I did grow up because I had to, but a big part of me has always remained a child. People in my "big boy" world often say that I have a child like quality about me. They say it in a good way, not an insulting way. If they only knew how right they are in saying that.

I agree 100%. Just read my signature, I think that says it all. Anyone who tells you they want to grow up hasn't done it yet. Adulting is hard, stressful, and time consuming.

That's actually a super hard question--I actually found ab/dl when I was really young (13-14?), and back then I legitimately couldn't understand why it appealed to me. ( I think besides the power dynamic/ roles?)

But looking back as a young adult, I honestly just think I may have been lacking in several areas and was having a hard time accepting the fact that I was growing up. In a way, this was odd, because I remember trying to be so grown up from the ages of 10-15.

However, I do have distinct memories of me not wanting to get older. I remember me being in about the third grade, sitting in my Dad's lap crying--specifically because I was sad that I was getting older, and I also remember having to excuse myself from the living room as a kid when we were watching old home videos, because I saw my Mom playing with me as a baby, and it made me SO emotional for some reason, and it still kind of does.

I fell out of ab/dl pretty much when I got into highschool, but as soon as I graduated and turned 18, the urge to participate in it again grew stronger and stronger.

I feel like honestly, even since I was little--I had the realization that growing up was going to be tough, and I didn't want to do it. I fought to accept it for awhile, because everyone has to grow up--but especially if you're within the ab/dl community, as an adult, you get to make the conscious decision on whether or not you want to be an adult. I'm not even that old, but sometimes I seriously resent all the emotional and logistic responsibility I have on my back--who wouldn't wanna go back to a time with no judgment and no obligation? Only affection and tenderness.

Being an adult is hard, you have to think a lot: self-image, money, emotions--and who doesn't legitimately hate that stuff sometimes.  Not necessarily sure if I can place a age on when I started to feel like that, but I've most likely always been this way and thought about it,even if I tried to repress it. 

--Sorry for rambling! But you get the idea, lol

In a way, I always knew. The sense that my world was a bubble that had yet to burst first came to me around the age of 7 so far as I remember, prompted I think by my parents buying new furniture and carpeting for the house. It made me aware that things change, and my childhood home as I remembered it would never be quite the same from then on. And I was old enough to have noticed that my understanding of Life, Existence, and Everything™ had already shifted substantially from when I was younger, and to know that how I saw things would continue to change. Further, I noticed that for the most part adults seemed to have entirely forgotten how to just have fun. They struck me as almost tone-deaf to it. Their imagination had become severely hampered by what they called "realism".  I didn't want to become like them, in that regard. So I dug in my heels early and held on as tightly as I could…

• 3 months later...

For me I think it was when I turned 21 even though I enjoy being an adult having fun are still the side of me that wanted to be able to get again cuz it was so much fun

I have to look back over the years and see bad why are you in a diaper it makes me feel like a little kid and I enjoy that feeling I wear diapers all the time so it doesn't really matter but being a little kid is always on my mind I