LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

To all DLs (ABs) - why are you...

I know it's been said before, but there needs to be a balance.  I prefer to keep this aspect of my life separate and at home, and even at home I'm not wearing all the time.  It's not that I don't have opportunity - I live alone.   I'm doing my best to not let them take over my life -- though at times it's definitely felt like it.  There's a name for that - addiction

• Like 1

Not  intrested in wearing 24/7 I found the right balance in my wearing,If it would come to it that I would need to wear for a medical reason I would manage to live with it.For now no thanks.

14 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

I know it's been said before, but there needs to be a balance.  I prefer to keep this aspect of my life separate and at home, and even at home I'm not wearing all the time.  It's not that I don't have opportunity - I live alone.   I'm doing my best to not let them take over my life -- though at times it's definitely felt like it.  There's a name for that - addiction

Very well said and what I have been saying for years!  Glad there are others out there who think like me!

• Like 1
On 10/29/2019 at 5:04 PM, ThomasInWVa said:

Let's turn things around a bit. All DLs and/or ABs,

Why are you not wearing diapers 24/7?

As someone who has to be 24/7, there isn't anything really stopping you.  You don't have to tell anyone nor explain yourself.

I don't understand the desire but its harmless. What actually bugs me a bit is the waffling and drama about attempting to find a way to sneak time in a diaper.

If you are going to have a kink, jump in and make a commitment. ?

Really though, if you actually tried 24/7, even in just for urinary use, I doubt many would last a full month.

If I'm off base or you ARE a 24/7  DL, or even AB, please comment your story.  (Seriously, a 24/7 AB, as strange as that is,  would be fascinating.)

But please,  no fantasy stories. 

This is a very good question. I hope to answer it the best I can...

I am a diaper lover, I have been since I was 5 years old, this must mean me being a diaper love is ingrained into my psyche, more so than a fetish. I wore incontinence nappies every night from age 11 to 17 because of attachment difficulties on advice from a child psychologist.. At 12 my foster mother said in a comment to discourage me from wearing nappies that if I continue wearing nappies I'll end up incontinent, ''do I want that''? I knew what incontinence meant a little and I definitely wanted to be incontinent. This made me more determined to wear nappies.

I also wanted to be mentally disabled.. From age 9 until 11 I lived with another child my age with intellectual disabilities in a foster home... I was so envious with the care and attention he got from my foster parents. I felt so left out.. I have wanted to be mentally disabled since I was 9 years old.... I come from a birth mother who was physically and emotionally abusive towards me and she abandoned me at age 9.. That's why I developed a need top wear nappies from a young age, my psychologist told me that as my mother didn't give me consistent care/nurturing as a baby the only comfort I got was from my nappies, it is thought at nappies changes that's the only attention I got.. This has obviously had a profound effect on me as well as seeing another child with a disability get special attention when I was left out, my brain come to the conclusion to get care/specail attention you need to be disabled...

Without going into too much detail (you can see from past posts) I now live my life as a disabled person.. I live in a group home (supported living)... I am classed as mentally disabled... I am very happy with it too. I am forced to take a antipsychotic injection every month... I am happy about that too..

Wearing 24/7 I have achieved... It isn't a problem for me wearing nappies.. My support staff know I suffer from incontinence problems. Since I've been deemed to lack capacity managing my finances and they are managed from social services department - they set up an auto order for incontinence products to be delivered to my house every two weeks. It isn't a problem for me to wet and mess around my housemates or support staff... I am respectful - I change straight away.

I have lost some control over my badder and bowels from wearing 24/7...

I do go through binge - purge cycles. I wear more often then not... My bowels have been affected the most.. This is from when I went through a long period of anal dilation by wearing larger and larger buttplugs... I did see results with bowel incontinence issues after wearing but my anal sphincters regained their tone... I find myself now that if I have lose stool and I'm walking I will have seepage with each step I take staining my pad/underepants, this is not a full bowel movement, somewhat my anal sphincter is weaker and doesn't seal probably anymore, but only when I have lose bowels...

My bladder control is weaker too... When not wearing nappies I have to continuously go to the bathroom... I can't drink much alcohol as I have to use the bathroom all the time, this makes it difficult when visiting a pub with friends, only one pint and I need to use the toilet, my close friends now I have a weak bladder, I used wear a nappy when drinking.. I also have post micturition dribble...

• 1 month later...

Why wouldn't someone wear 24/7?

They can't afford it.

They have a job where it would make it hard for them to hide their diapers and to change

Their partner doesn't approve and doesn't want it around them.

They have kids and don't want them to know

They still live with their parents and they know their parents will kick them out if they find out they are wearing. 

And lot of ABDLs are self conscious about it and don't want anyone knowing. It has nothing to do with their partners and their job nor finances or their family. 

• Like 1
On 10/29/2019 at 1:04 PM, ThomasInWVa said:

Let's turn things around a bit. All DLs and/or ABs,

Why are you not wearing diapers 24/7?

As someone who has to be 24/7, there isn't anything really stopping you.  You don't have to tell anyone nor explain yourself.

I don't understand the desire but its harmless. What actually bugs me a bit is the waffling and drama about attempting to find a way to sneak time in a diaper.

If you are going to have a kink, jump in and make a commitment. ?

Really though, if you actually tried 24/7, even in just for urinary use, I doubt many would last a full month.

If I'm off base or you ARE a 24/7  DL, or even AB, please comment your story.  (Seriously, a 24/7 AB, as strange as that is,  would be fascinating.)

But please,  no fantasy stories. 

Like we used to say to the bluenoses 50 years ago, and for the same reason, because we like to live our own lives; MYOB

7 hours ago, Nat said:

Why wouldn't someone wear 24/7?

They can't afford it.

They have a job where it would make it hard for them to hide their diapers and to change

Their partner doesn't approve and doesn't want it around them.

They have kids and don't want them to know

They still live with their parents and they know their parents will kick them out if they find out they are wearing. 

And lot of ABDLs are self conscious about it and don't want anyone knowing. It has nothing to do with their partners and their job nor finances or their family. 

Exactly!  And to add to this list:

They don't want to wear 24/7

They just enjoy it a few times a week, like a hobby and it makes it more special to anticipate the day ahead when they do wear a diaper.

They have many other interests and hobbies and diapers are just one of them they enjoy from time to time.

They never want to get to the point where they have to depend on wearing a diaper to keep their pants clean or dry, even if just at night

It's just a kink or fetish some enjoy.  You wouldn't have sex with your wife or partner constantly 24 hours a day, would you?  Then why wear a diaper 24 hours a day?.

Just yesterday, as I was changing from my night diapers, I was thinking how sometime in the next several days, I don't remember the exact day, I will reach 7 years of 24/7.

All of these posts reminded me of the different thoughts I have had during this time.  When this started I was still working full time.  My job was time sensitive and I had been wearing diapers at night for the three years prior.  My bladder was weakening and my job took me all over the metro area and I'd often be in areas where I was not familiar where "facilities" might be located.  I had been diagnosed with OAB and UI my frequency need was increasingly short.  One day I had to stop on the side of a road... .  I ended up wetting my pants a little.  Luckily I was wearing black pants so my accident didn't really show but from then on I wore diapers and plastic pants.

A little back story.  I have been a DL since I was a teen in the 60s.  I've told how I have most likely wanted to be in diapers since I was 4.  I was 13 when I wore real cloth baby diapers and struggled into a pair of plastic pants.  I imagine many of us remember the first time we wet in diapers after infancy.  And for the past 50+ years I have continued to enjoy wearing diapers and plastic pants.

I think I always knew at some point I would want to go 24/7.  I have never been uncomfortable wearing diapers.  And unlike some who think continuous wear would get "old" I have never felt that way.  I do recall at the 3 week mark of wearing 24/7 I wondered if this was something that i wanted to continue.  Then I remembered my near disaster on the side of the road and finished my diapering.

Where I live we have an ever changing climate and temperature extremes that range from +100F and high humidity to -30F and severe wind chills.  I have never been bothered by weather being 24/7.

I never tire of wearing diapers.  Each diaper change is as refreshing as the one before it.  But here is the key - 24/7 diapers work for me!!  If they work for you, fine.  If not, also fine.

Find your balance.  Even though I choose to wear all the time I don't feel that diapers control me.  I enjoy wearing diapers and feel fortunate to have this community to express these feelings.  When I was that 13 year old, pinning on diapers and squeezing into plastic pants, we had no support whatsoever.

So to @ThomasinWVa I agree, but then, I don't like peanut butter.