LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Reading parenting books

Probably because I wore 'just-in-case' diapers frequently as a child, as soon as I could read I searched parenting books for diapering advice. Later I also searched about discipline, punishment and especially spanking. My Granny Vi bought me a near-new copy of the first Dr. Spock BABY AND CHILD CARE as well as a subsequent edition in which he became more pro-spanking.

At libraries I scanned all available child care books.

One of my first jobs, at age 18,  was working in a bookstore.   I had to put the books on the shelves as the arrived so I got to see every new parenting book that came in.   I would check out the parts about potty training and bed-wetting.   There was one book in particular that  had several pages on bed-wetting which was kind of unusual.  Typically it was a page or two at the most.  Anyway, I remember that this one book recommended pinning a diaper "both front and back to the waistband" of a child's underwear.  "Add rubber pants, they come in sizes big enough for adults."  WOW!  I actually got dizzy reading it.  Here was a book suggesting using diapers and rubber/plastic pants on older children.  I wasn't the only one! 

Of course there was no internet at the time or abdl community so as far as liking diapers or spanking or enemas or anything childish or babyish I was still (in my mind) the only one in the universe.  It was quite shameful and lonely.  But I digress, I always read everything in those child care books.   I even remember reading them as young as 1-12.  Thanks for bringing up the memory.